• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Jeb Bush

Started by MV/Liberace!, January 05, 2016, 01:35:15 PM

GravitySucks

Quote from: MV on February 20, 2016, 08:33:40 PM
it really is, particularly among republicans.  evidence:  south carolina.  i keep saying it again and again:  the current state of republican dissatisfaction/frustration can be traced straight back to GWB, not obama.  none of the republican commentators want to articulate this fact, though.  it's more comfortable for them to "blame" obama for the rise of trump.

This is stuff you and Evelyn should be discussing.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Designx on February 20, 2016, 08:33:47 PM
Hey MV - have you read about Cruz's father? Scary stuff. Would be interested in knowing what you think about him.

i really know very little about his father, other than the fact that he's a dominionist pastor.  i've also seen people suggest the father believes there's an "end times" connection to his son becoming president.  great.  that's what we fucking need running the white house.

i found this quote about ted's dad:

Rafael Cruz is a pastor with Purifying Fire Ministries founded by Suzanne Hinn, wife,  ex-wife and then wife again of Benny Hinn.

don't know how accurate that is, but ewww.

the cruz family's apocalyptic "end times" religious predispositions sound like something i have no time for in my politics.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: GravitySucks on February 20, 2016, 08:35:17 PM
This is stuff you and Evelyn should be discussing.

we really should, and will be soon.  something i'm looking forward to is super tuesday.  we'll be live as the returns are coming in, which should be lots of fun.  you'll hear plenty from us before then, though.

whoozit

Quote from: MV on February 20, 2016, 08:33:40 PM
it really is, particularly among republicans.  evidence:  south carolina.  i keep saying it again and again:  the current state of republican dissatisfaction/frustration can be traced straight back to GWB, not obama.  none of the republican commentators want to articulate this fact, though.  it's more comfortable for them to "blame" obama for the rise of trump.
I think you are right about this.  GWB was terrible, not for the things the media likes to mention, but he started the bank bailouts and TARP and never reduced the power of Homeland Security.  I don't think he ever thought of new government powers that he didn't enact.

GravitySucks

Quote from: MV on February 20, 2016, 08:50:59 PM
we really should, and will be soon.  something i'm looking forward to is super tuesday.  we'll be live as the returns are coming in, which should be lots of fun.  you'll hear plenty from us before then, though.

You do know Super Tuesday is March 1st?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: whoozit on February 20, 2016, 08:51:36 PM
I think you are right about this.  GWB was terrible, not for the things the media likes to mention, but he started the bank bailouts and TARP and never reduced the power of Homeland Security.  I don't think he ever thought of new government powers that he didn't enact.

bush 43 never fought back, and i think that's one of the biggest reasons for what's happening now in the republican party.

not only did bush's "new tone" allow eight years of attacks from all directions to go unanswered, but it also destroyed his resolve to use the bully pulpit, with republican majorities in both houses, to advance the conservative agenda the party had spent three decades promising to pursue. 

trump is exactly what republicans have wanted for years.  some of them just don't know it yet.

edit:  and everything you said is true, too.

GravitySucks

Quote from: MV on February 20, 2016, 09:10:24 PM
and?

Only 10 days to hear lots of you and Evelyn before then.

#freeevelyn

whoozit

Quote from: MV on February 20, 2016, 09:09:22 PM
bush 43 never fought back, and i think that's one of the biggest reasons for what's happening now in the republican party.

not only did bush's "new tone" allow eight years of attacks from all directions to go unanswered, but it also destroyed his resolve to use the bully pulpit, with republican majorities in both houses, to advance the conservative agenda the party had spent three decades promising to pursue. 

trump is exactly what republicans have wanted for years.  some of them just don't know it yet.

I think he thought if he tried to get along with the democrats the would like him.  Big mistake.

Bush 7.8%
Kasich7.6%
Carson 7.2%

Earlier today Bush said the article on Politico claiming his campaign was done and people staffers were sending out resumes to other campaigns as trash and untrue.  Few hours later he suspends his campaign.

Slow and steady wins the race Jeb!.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: GravitySucks on February 20, 2016, 09:13:18 PM
Only 10 days to hear lots of you and Evelyn before then.

#freeevelyn

haha, ah, ok, got it.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: whoozit on February 20, 2016, 09:14:29 PM
I think he thought if he tried to get along with the democrats the would like him.  Big mistake.

yup, democrats and the media.

Quote from: MV on February 20, 2016, 09:09:22 PM

I don't recall the Bush/Cheney/Rove administration trying to make nice with anyone who disagreed with its policies. It was mostly my way or the highway, and an extreme version of the theory of the Unitary Executive was often offered as an excuse to not cooperate with lawfully empowered federal oversight agencies and certain Congressional inquiries. They weren't leading the country in choruses of Kumbaya for eight years by any stretch.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on February 20, 2016, 10:08:20 PM
I don't recall the Bush/Cheney/Rove administration trying to make nice with anyone who disagreed with its policies. It was mostly my way or the highway, and an extreme version of the theory of the Unitary Executive was often offered as an excuse to not cooperate with lawfully empowered federal oversight agencies and certain Congressional inquiries. They weren't leading the country in choruses of Kumbaya for eight years by any stretch.

my point is, find me an example of bush 43 standing in front of a podium attacking a democrat or attacking the democratic party.  i don't think it exists.

Quote from: MV on February 20, 2016, 10:23:19 PM
my point is, find me an example of bush 43 standing in front of a podium attacking a democrat or attacking the democratic party.  i don't think it exists.

I don't know what you mean by attack, but while he didn't call anyone a rude name he had his share of snarky and petulant moments. He also had Rove to do all the real dirty work, and Bush condoned a lot of deplorable comments made by prominent members of the administration, particularly concerning the Iraq fiasco. There was the "either you're with us or against us mindset" which impugned the patriotism of many good people who opposed the invasion for all the reasons that turned out to be correct.  That's undeniable.

If you beg to differ, you can have the last word, but I'd be happy to take it up with you again over a few beers if we ever cross paths.  Cheers!

VtaGeezer

Quote from: MV on February 16, 2016, 09:41:33 PM
i heard limbaugh today saying trump "sounds like a leftist" casting blame on bush 43 for the iraq bungle and eventual rise of isis.  i listen to rush because he's heavy on actual information and nobody is better at what he does, but i feel like there has emerged a disconnect between rush's perception of the political landscape and the actual political landscape.   things have changed in ways, i think, limbaugh is entirely oblivious to.

i've paid close attention to politics for approximately 60% of my life.  i'm out in the trenches, taking the temperature of things myself, making observations and drawing conclusions, and i'd say probably a majority of average joe conservatives believe the iraq war was a mistake and contributed to the rise of isis.  further, i'd wager that the majority of them connect the republican party's decline to the bush 43 years.  that's just the sense i get. 

i reject the notion that obama gave rise to trump.  that's lazy, dishonest, herd mentality analysis bandied about on whatever major network one chooses to watch.

trump's strength is only going to grow by attacking the bush family.  watch.
Limbaugh is worried that folks will listen to Trump's words about W and realize El Rushbo was the cheer leader for the Bush WH three hours per day through eight years of catastrophe after catastrophe.

Zoo

Good by pussy maybe mommy should of ran  ;D!!1

Big boon for Rubio finishing 2nd. Will also pick up voted from Bushs exit. Trump will still have votes syphoned off by Carson. I think Rubio can now be comparative vs Trump.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on February 20, 2016, 10:08:20 PM

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on February 20, 2016, 10:44:31 PM
I don't know what you mean by attack, but while he didn't call anyone a rude name he had his share of snarky and petulant moments. He also had Rove to do all the real dirty work, and Bush condoned a lot of deplorable comments made by prominent members of the administration, particularly concerning the Iraq fiasco. There was the "either you're with us or against us mindset" which impugned the patriotism of many good people who opposed the invasion for all the reasons that turned out to be correct.  That's undeniable.

If you beg to differ, you can have the last word, but I'd be happy to take it up with you again over a few beers if we ever cross paths.  Cheers!

This.

There was a strong feeling here that post 9/11 Bush et al exploited the tragedy. Driving a coach and horses through all that was democratic to get what suited them. If there was ever a perverted term used it was 'Patriot act'. That anyone who so much as questioned the smirking idiot's speeches was not patriotic or an out and out traitor because he said so!

It was a period of people trying to come to terms with the unthinkable, and him and his cronies using the fear, anger and confusion against the people. Across the pond here, we had Bliar doing the same thing; and if he ever tried to privately make Bush stop and think, he sure didn't say so publically.

It's very easy for anyone to say it's all in the past, but we're living now and for the foreseeable future with the lies, gainsaying and exploitation of that period in time. Bush and Blair should stand as war criminals. They should also stand on a charge of destroying democracy, if there was such a thing.

Quote from: Jackstar on February 21, 2016, 01:29:40 AM

He's also not a structural engineer, I reckon.

Isn't funny how they always say, "It doesn't add up."  Wonder how they felt when reading the news stories about gravitational waves. 

NowhereInTime

Quote from: MV on February 20, 2016, 08:50:59 PM

Really?  Live where and when?  And,most importantly, will there be phone lines?

Trump doesn't have a prayer in a two person race. Even HILLARY smokes him. He's a carnival barker. He's a fraud. He's merely the benefactor of a split Republican Party. That will soon rectify itself. As much as I dislike Rubio, for the gang of eight bullshit, I would rather vote for him than that idiot, Trump.

Quote from: VtaGeezer on February 20, 2016, 10:59:45 PM
Limbaugh is worried that folks will listen to Trump's words about W and realize El Rushbo was the cheer leader for the Bush WH three hours per day through eight years of catastrophe after catastrophe.

Yeah, um, probably not so much.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: NowhereInTime on February 21, 2016, 11:13:59 AM
Really?  Live where and when?  And,most importantly, will there be phone lines?

details on start time will be forthcoming, but you'll be able to listen at ufoship.com/chat and there will be phone lines.

NowhereInTime

Quote from: FightTheFuture on February 21, 2016, 11:32:10 AM
Trump doesn't have a prayer in a two person race. Even HILLARY smokes him. He's a carnival barker. He's a fraud. He's merely the benefactor of a split Republican Party. That will soon rectify itself. As much as I dislike Rubio, for the gang of eight bullshit, I would rather vote for him than that idiot, Trump.

Tut, tut, that idiot PRESIDENT Trump, if you please...

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: FightTheFuture on February 21, 2016, 11:32:10 AM
Trump doesn't have a prayer in a two person race. Even HILLARY smokes him.
based on what?  meaningless polls eight months prior to the general election?  you sound as if you just started paying attention to politics last week.  leave the heavy lifting to the big boys.  go watch a football game or ufc.

He's a carnival barker.
keep regurgitating that familiar refrain. it would rock if your posts could include one original thought.

He's merely the benefactor of a split Republican Party. That will soon rectify itself.
you're presenting your hopes as fact.

As much as I dislike Rubio, for the gang of eight bullshit, I would rather vote for him than that idiot, Trump.
good for you.

Quote from: MV on February 21, 2016, 11:42:08 AM
based on what?  meaningless polls eight months prior to the general election?  you sound as if you just started paying attention to politics last week.  leave the heavy lifting to the big boys.  go watch a football game or ufc.
keep regurgitating that familiar refrain. it would rock if your posts could include one original thought.
good for you.

I tend to think Rubio would win in a two man race.

Time is running out though. If you looks at prediction markets, Trump is now the favorite for the first time. There is a lot to like and dislike about Trump. For Trump, Carson really needs to get out to offset Bush's exit. Trump needs to keep the petal to the metal and continue to spend money on Super Tuesday states. Rubio will get a push after picking up some wealthy Bush donors.

Quote from: MV on February 21, 2016, 11:42:08 AM
good for you.

Oh, grow up, you petulant little child. You act like mommy just bought you a shiny new toy. I was involved with politics before you were ever born. Gallop polls indicate Donald J Trump has the highest negatives since they started keeping records! Google it, you nimrod. You DO NOT win general elections with those kind of negatives. MANY Republican voters (myself included) will STAY HOME in November if the carnival barker is nominated. Dumbass.

Quote from: NowhereInTime on February 21, 2016, 11:36:29 AM
Tut, tut, that idiot PRESIDENT Trump, if you please...

I have soothing news for you, NiT. I will FUND RAISE and actively campaign for Hillary if that buffoon, Trump, is nominated. As will many like me.