• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Is BellGab still truly considered "THE Art Bell Fan Forum" ?

Started by creepygreenlight, January 03, 2016, 07:15:18 PM

Lilith

Quote from: WhiteCrow on June 07, 2016, 06:57:32 PM
Click on an ad ...

Pay mVee

No thanks on the advice.  I just use the donate button.
It's never much, but I just like mentioning the donate button once in a while.  8)
Praise MV!

WhiteCrow

Quote from: MV on June 06, 2016, 11:44:19 AM
i've never used usenet.

I use to traveled a lot with friends made on usenet. Still in contact with a few of them ..Lots of computer and engineering types participated back then. Early 90s to late 90s were the golden years.. Internet forums killed off usenet newsgroups.. . Oh yeah  yahoo hoo too!

WhiteCrow

Quote from: brig on June 07, 2016, 07:06:28 PM
No thanks on the advice.  I just use the donate button.
It's never much, but I just like mentioning the donate button once in a while.  8)
Praise MV!

And so do I.. mVee provides entertainment.. I'll glady pay for.

Waiting for the next Falkie..  I respect mVee hands off approach and let the forum evolve. 

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: The King of Kings on June 07, 2016, 03:42:32 PM
A brief summary from the Fantastic Forum from my experience when I was there.

It was a tight knit community of liberal minded middle aged women who were all fans of Art Bell who ran an Art Bell fan forum, where like this forum they had nightly listening threads.  In fact bellgab, and the Fantasic Forum are almost exact duplicates of forums and subforums, though at the Fantastic Forum they had a pirate theme.  This forum attracted a whole slew of Art Bell fans where they met and posted harmoniously about Art Bell and other topics.

Something happened.

Bush happened.

The Fantastic Forum always had a "politics" subforum, though rarely used.

From Bush 00' to Bush 04' there was constant drama and infighting among the posters.  The moderator/owner Lynnaea was an old liberal shrew and with her cackle of like minded old crows made it their mission to silence, suspend or ban forum users who didn't believe Bush was the devil incarnate.

The Fantastic Forum had a pretty substantial user base and it took quite a long time to shed most of the forum posters as Art Bell and the forum was still a draw and constantly attracting new members.

During this melt down, the gaggle of liberal old crows believed they were constantly being invaded by any number of websites, much like here, though their boogeyman was "freerepublic.com", and I believe it was a poster named "mudwoman" who believed the majority of the conservative members were psy-op plants trying to undermine their forum and silence opposition to the Bush regime.  I shit you not, these old liberal crows were looney tunes.

It was pretty fun to troll these posters, though I did agree with most of their views about Bush, but what was I to do?  It was a target rich environment.

There were a few catalysts of bad moderating done, but the greatest was the banning of a poster named "Cherrygirl".  This poster generally posted in the gardening section and "The Brig" section(the Brig Section was just a place to chat and tell personal stories), rarely posted in the Art Bell section, and never posted in the politics section.  She was liked by all.  This was until she decided to post an article in the politics section that had a minor pro-conservative bent.  Lynnaea in one of her melt downs outright banned "Cherrygirl", saying the political fight against a second Bush term was too great to allow these "pro-conservative" threads.

That action pretty much put a nail in the coffin of the Fantastic Forum.

Like others have stated there were some off shoots such as "Imaginative Worlds" and "thenighthawkzone", though the nighthawkzone was created by one member of the fantastic forum who constantly was crying about everyone shitting on George Noory and would constantly e-mail George for plugs on his new George Noory fan site, though I don't think it ever got above 50 people who had an account.

On an odd side note, Lynnaea lived in Seattle and owned a decorative glass shop which was a few blocks from where I lived.

very interesting.

Just Me

I get ganged up and banged by forum minions and than expelled and run off from every forum I participate in. I can't believe you guys let me stay this long. Which makes me think there's something wrong with all you's.Must be that shoes shine clown eating your brains  :o

I remember the sott forum where I was only on for a month or so and I posted in a thread about some guy being stabbed in the skull while walking to his seat in a movie house. BAM! I was kicked for good. Funny thing is the lady who ran sott was kicked from many places herself and she started the sott forum and promised to never kick anyone from there. Guess I'm special and sheeple realize that and find me an easy target to start shit with and than BANG!

Quote from: WhiteCrow on June 07, 2016, 06:44:41 PM
Yes .. I remember the Usenet Newsgroup.. read it but don't remember posting there... started following it occasionally in the mid 90s.. It was very rough and wild,  nothing held back..

usenet!   Wow.   Did anyone else hang out in the #artbell channel on EFnet back in the day?

starrmtn001

Quote from: Just Me on June 07, 2016, 09:30:40 PM
I get ganged up and banged by forum minions and than expelled and run off from every forum I participate in. I can't believe you guys let me stay this long. Which makes me think there's something wrong with all you's.Must be that shoes shine clown eating your brains  :o

I remember the sott forum where I was only on for a month or so and I posted in a thread about some guy being stabbed in the skull while walking to his seat in a movie house. BAM! I was kicked for good. Funny thing is the lady who ran sott was kicked from many places herself and she started the sott forum and promised to never kick anyone from there. Guess I'm special and sheeple realize that and find me an easy target to start shit with and than BANG!
So, let me get this right.  You're complaining about not being banned? ???  ;D

aldousburbank

Yes we have no couth.

ACE of CLUBS

bobo17 or coaster ?

pate

Hoaxland,;,,, 43vah!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM4qGNxQE68

Yay, Hoax!

ediot: filmed entirely in a Wild Oats Mkt(sp[tm[)

2ediot:  Why do eye kiare abut his camera angle pinapple speshul diet? 

scottydawg

Well now that Bobo is down in Mexico hunting Goat Puzzy I had a friend check in on Greasy.
She seems to be doing OK as you can see in the picture  https://i.imgur.com/zZle0Sw.gif
I think she's more relieved she doesn't need to keep her back against the wall any more! :o ::)