• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Is BellGab still truly considered "THE Art Bell Fan Forum" ?

Started by creepygreenlight, January 03, 2016, 07:15:18 PM

Jackstar

Quote from: coaster on January 03, 2016, 08:22:33 PM
The members here are allowed to speak their mind. If you want a site that is overly modded by butthurt admins, there are other choices.

We do it old school here.

Jackstar

Quote from: Paper*Boy on January 03, 2016, 08:04:49 PM
He owes his fans, and everyone else he's jerked around, the truth.

I was with you all the way up until this part. (I was already picking up patterns and colors for your wedding quilt.) Then, this part, you end with.

Bell doesn't owe anyone anything.

Besides that, you and I are under one sky. Look! Look! It's a CONtrail!

WOTR

Quote from: creepygreenlight on January 03, 2016, 08:31:37 PM
Thanks for all the replies, I'm pleasantly surprised that I haven't had any death threats yet.
Not that I would expect the forum to "go away", but there seems to be a lot of pent-up anger and even hatred when it comes to the topic of "Art Bell" here.
The long and the short if it is that Bellgab is run by one person who allows every shit disturber and jackass through the door (by the way MV, thanks for letting me stay. 8) )  As a VERY lightly moderated forum, you take the good with the bad.

While many here are AB fans, some are not.  This was never really set up as a "fan" site- though I suppose that it did attract many who are fans.  Most of the recent posters who came in after Bell quit will, themselves quit.  Some of the ones who post what you probably do not like are long time members and will stay- but they do still add something to the place.  I'm not really one who wants nothing but pleasantries and agreement (there is one thread here where you can get your fill of that...)

In short... I don't really know that BellGab should ever have been considered THE Art Bell fan forum.  More the Art bell, George Noory, political unmoderated forum.  And it remains so to this day...

venix

Why is it that anyone who is pro-Art is immediately called Art and conversely those that are Anti-Art are immediately called Dave (who I surmise is Noory although I cannot fathom why. He seems more like a Bruce to me)?

norland2424

Quote from: venix on January 03, 2016, 09:36:49 PM
Why is it that anyone who is pro-Art is immediately called Art and conversely those that are Anti-Art are immediately called Dave (who I surmise is Noory although I cannot fathom why. He seems more like a Bruce to me)?

George noory actually does post on here, and from my understanding he called himself " dave" once .

Quote from: norland2424 on January 03, 2016, 09:38:46 PM
George noory actually does post on here, and from my understanding he called himself " dave" once .

A radio exec once referred to him as "Dave Noorie".  Coast to Coast AM was on hundreds of stations at the time. 
It would be like someone in radio business callling Rush, Rudy or some such.

venix

I am actually glad I found this forum. I always thought I was alone in not being able to stomach Noory. Seems there is a whole group dedicated to hating on him. Perhaps hate is a strong word but considering he ruined something that I really enjoyed.... I thought I was alone and maybe there was something wrong with me. Well there probably is but I'm glad I'm not the only one.

GravitySucks

I think it was a guest that Art had on Dark Matter that said something like "I was interviewed on C2C by that guy that took your place, Dave Noory".

At least in some parallel universe it happened that way.

venix

Do Art and Noory really hate each other? I remember seeing a photo of them having lunch or dinner together. I thought they may have been buddies but Art didn't look too happy in that photo. Maybe I imagined it.

yoego

Quote from: creepygreenlight on January 03, 2016, 09:06:22 PM
Yeah, I don't know.  He could have gone to 3 nights a week, or even 1 night a week and I think most fans would still be stoked enough to pay for the show.
Whos eating your hair?

norland2424

Quote from: venix on January 03, 2016, 09:46:47 PM
Do Art and Noory really hate each other? I remember seeing a photo of them having lunch or dinner together. I thought they may have been buddies but Art didn't look too happy in that photo. Maybe I imagined it.

Quote from: venix on January 03, 2016, 09:46:47 PM

They don't care for each other.  A lot of water has flowed under that bridge

venix

Quote from: norland2424 on January 03, 2016, 09:49:02 PM

Ha ha ha. Yes that's the photo. I think I saw it without the thought bubbles things but you can cut the tension with a knife.

WOTR

Quote from: venix on January 03, 2016, 09:44:41 PM
I am actually glad I found this forum. I always thought I was alone in not being able to stomach Noory. Seems there is a whole group dedicated to hating on him. Perhaps hate is a strong word but considering he ruined something that I really enjoyed.... I thought I was alone and maybe there was something wrong with me. Well there probably is but I'm glad I'm not the only one.
No... You are not alone.  Many posters got their start here googling "George noory sucks."  Calling people "Art" seems to be relatively new.  Calling people "Dave", "Lisa" or even "Tommy" is not new... Just means that they appear to be pro Dave or Pemrat.  Dave did once (jokingly) refer to himself as Dave (as I recall.)  The origin of it was a post from 2013.  Using the way back machine, we find this from Lonevoice.
Quote from: lonevoice on July 29, 2013, 02:13:30 PM
Already did.  :)

For background:  when it comes to AM news/talk format, my market has a Clear Channel owned blow torch and a locally-owned independent station.   We don't have a Cumulus station, but the local station has always carried some Cumulus content, as well as Hannity (which they lost to Clear Channel recently).  My thinking was that IF Art's announcement is that he's returning to broadcast radio, and IF Cumulus is the syndicator, the locally-owned station would have been approaced by Cumulus about carrying it, and might be lead into spilling some beans.

Here's the email I sent to their VP/GM:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello.  I’m sorry to see that the local Clear Channel affiliate has taken Sean Hannity from you and given you the Dave Ramsey show in his time slot.  As a listener, I’d prefer to support your local station rather than Clear Channel.

My main question to you, since your station carries some Cumulus content such as Mark Levin, will you be picking up the new Cumulus-syndicated  Art Bell show?   If so, do you have any information as to what time slot it will occupy?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the reply I got (emphasis mine):

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At this point we look to keep Mark Levin on and I will check out the Art Bell return.  He was gone for awhile and I think Dave Noorie replaced him.

We were Sad to have Sean leave but that is sometimes what happens to small broadcasters vs the Big Guys of Clear Channel when they own all these shows they syndicate.

Thanks again for being a listener

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Make of that what you will.   To me, it doesn't seem like the guy's being disingenuous that he's heard nothing from Cumulus regarding the possibility of syndicating an Art Bell show.   Still, his reference to Dave Noorie made my day.

Quote from: venix on January 03, 2016, 09:52:38 PM
Ha ha ha. Yes that's the photo. I think I saw it without the thought bubbles things but you can cut the tension with a knife.

That is from Art's induction to the Radio Hall of Fame, Noory insisted on giving the introduction speech.

The year after that, George gave the keynote speech.  At some point he realized he wasn't ever going to be inducted and gave up

chefist

Quote from: Paper*Boy on January 03, 2016, 10:06:56 PM
That is from Art's induction to the Radio Hall of Fame, Noory insisted on giving the introduction speech.

The year after that, George gave the keynote speech.  At some point he realized he wasn't ever going to be inducted and gave up

Really? I know George is not an Art....but he shows up to work! Guess he gets paid...

Quote from: chefist on January 03, 2016, 10:10:39 PM
Really? I know George is not an Art....but he shows up to work! Guess he gets paid...

But is he a Hall of Famer? 

venix

Quote from: Paper*Boy on January 03, 2016, 10:06:56 PM

I will admit I gave Noory a fair chance in the beginning. I mean I actually even liked the guy until I realized that he was phoning it in and was never really following up answers with connected and relevant questions. He also showed a mean streak when interacting with callers. Perhaps Art ruined me for all other hosts. I don't think anyone in any radio genre had compelled me the way Art did.  People may say George shows up every single night but I would rather listen to nails on a chalk board.

Designx

This is a forum created for the hatred of George Noory so many of the subscribers of Bellgab come from the hater spectrum of the Internet. You aren't going to find warm and fuzzies here.

Quote from: Designx on January 03, 2016, 11:20:24 PM
This is a forum created for the hatred of George Noory so many of the subscribers of Bellgab come from the hater spectrum of the Internet. You aren't going to find warm and fuzzies here.

I am offended. My posting style has been described as 100% warm and fuzzy.

paladin1991

Quote from: WOTR on January 03, 2016, 09:28:22 PM
The long and the short if it is that Bellgab is run by one person who allows every shit disturber and jackass through the door (by the way MV, thanks for letting me stay. 8) )  As a VERY lightly moderated forum, you take the good with the bad.

It's kinda like this.
https://youtu.be/k_GxXRbSFDg

Quote from: venix on January 03, 2016, 10:51:04 PM
Perhaps Art ruined me for all other hosts.
Yes he did, and it's because Art traverses a conversation like someone reading through a book.  He pays close attention to what the guest says, then he picks the most interesting points and delves into it just like opening the next chapter of a book.  Most other hosts sit there just brainlessly rattling off down their list of pre-written questions for the guest, but not Art.  He understands how to find the juicy stuff inside of even the most boring conversations and that's definitely a rare talent compared to pretty much every other host out there.  I think it requires an attention span that most people just simply don't have.

Wintermute

Art Bell fan here. Just like a sports team or a techno-fanboi, you can be a fan of someone or something and still have serious issues and disagreements with them / it.

First - GeorgeNoorySucks and MV; I don't give a @hit how MV decides to run this board. All boards have trolls. ALL. Over-moderated boards are the ones that end up crippled. Trolls have power because you give them your attention. Since the beginning of BBS's I've repeated wise words I once heard: DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS.

Second - I used to really enjoy Art Bell. The SXM show was only slightly better than Amateur Night w/ Heather Wade. MiTD w/ Art Bell was much, much better while it lasted. But Art's decision making is obviously flawed. His approach to getting into Internet-based radio was hamfisted and antiquated. And now we are left with YAP (Yet Another Podcast).

I'm a simple guy. Online A/V is simple thing to produce these days. Personal politics, problems and judgement are my issues with Art Bell specifically. He was doomed to fail this go-a-round, perceived personal dangers or not. And unfortunately because of his age and station in life, this is pretty much it.

Say what you want about Art Bell. At one point, he was an excellent radio personality. He also has more personal drama that affects his livelihood than any other media personality I've ever known. Actions speak louder than words. He was lucky to do radio where your words are what people get. Now his actions have finally hit home with some folks. And this is the result... disappointment, anger, bewilderment... and unfortunately that will be a great deal of Art Bell's legacy.

henge0stone

Quote from: creepygreenlight on January 03, 2016, 07:15:18 PM
Long time Art Bell fan here and experienced bellgab lurker.  This is my first post, so go easy on me...

Ok, I get it.  Art quit again and everyone is pissed off.  To add insult to injury Art even "pawned us off" on an inexperienced/incompetent (in my opinion) host named Heather Wade, which adds only more salt to the wounds for many of us.  Obviously Art should have probably not had been allowed control of his own social media account because he tends to make emotional decisions/posts that can end his career.  Art has admitted this himself as many of you here know.  Or at the very least, Art should have lined up an experienced host to take his spot (John B Wells, for me personally).

I get all of that and I understand it because I'm pissed off too.  Like many of you I waited 2 years for Art's XM contract to be up so he could come back... and then THIS shit happens.  The big problem at Bellgab, though, is that now long time "fans" are looking more like rabid animals going after Art in ways that we all know are WRONG. The way I look at it is that people of Art's caliber sometimes have "issues" in other areas of their life... famous/ultra-talented people sometimes have major personal issues that you are not aware of and ya gotta just accept that and move on because it's killing the vibe here and really trashing the legacy of Art's fanbase...

So, serious question:  Is this still "THE" Art Bell fan forum, or is it now the official Art Bell hate group, where people come to endlessly talk trash about the best radio host in the world?  I've seen some posts here lately that are pretty damn disturbing... post after post talking shit about Art Bell, some of these posts go way beyond calling him a liar and go down to even ripping open the most personal wounds of Art's past just to make him look bad and to make him hurt... 

To the bellgab trolls: Art Bell is the best talk show host in the world, did you forget that?  I don't even think I'm exaggerating with that statement, because even Rush Limbaugh cannot do what Art does and I think we all know this pretty well.  I think Art has created a fine legacy with the content he's created over the years and deserves some respect.  Art is gone and doesn't seem interested in coming back.  So, the horse is dead... stop beating it.  I'm beginning to wonder if some of you are actually mentally ill or OCD?  Art Bell didn't create AIDS, didn't kill puppies, and didn't take your healthcare away... he quit a fucking talk show.  Get over it and focus on the real villains of this world you dirty dirty fools.

To the Bellgab admins:  Maybe it's time you start cleaning up around here and deleting some of the vile, disgusting posts that have been made about Art since his departure?  Maybe you should make it clear that this is a "FAN" forum and that the members constantly attacking Art won't be tolerated?  I am certainly no fan of internet censorship but at a certain point there needs to be a decision made on what exactly this forum is for... is it a fan forum, or a witch hunt?  If it's still a "fan" forum then there is a lot of trash that needs to be cleaned up and lot of attitudes that need to change... I hope I'm not the only one that feels this way, even at someone "pissed off" at Art's departure...

Thanks for reading.

I agree that the forum really has degenerated. I am really sick of bullshit nonsense of 'there a lot of holes in Art's story' and 'its all a ploy because the show was doing bad'. I'm upset that Art left too but his reasons made a sense, whether I agree with them or not. I hate it when Art wishes his fans a merry Christmas he is met with trolls calling him a drama queen and crazy.

The thing Art has to remember is that most of the people on his forum aren't trolls and are his fans. He seems to be the type of person who lets one negative comment get to him without seeing the sea of positive comments. He also needs to realize that quitting again might piss your fans off and that a lot of his fans are kinda crazy.
It's probably best that Art doesn't frequent here for a while, at least not until the trolls leave.

I would still like to consider this an Art Bell fan forum. Unlike some people I specifically came here for Art Bell. I suspect even when It was George Noory Sucks most people came here for hatred of GN which undoubtedly (in most cases I assume) they hated him so much because he ruined Art's awesome show. I agree having a forum dedicated to Art's radio greatness is much better than a forum dedicated to hating a shitty radio broadcaster.

As far as administrating the forum that's a sure way to kill the forum. Art needs to just realize that Bellgab is not a good place to visit right now because emotions are still hot.

The posts whining about how the forum has "degenerated" are just as bad as any other post. Maybe worse.

If you don't like the forum, topic or whatever, change it instead of whining about it. When I get annoyed with the topic of the thread I post something that drives the conversation to different places.

3OctaveFart

It's hard not to shake the feeling some here were bullied in their youths.

Faustina

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 03, 2016, 07:24:50 PM
Well, this did not start as BellGab.  It started out as GeorgeNoorySucks.com

Not everyone here is a an Art Bell fan, and the most disturbing posts are from people that signed up since Art Bell quit.

That being said, only time will tell if this remains an Art Bell Fan forum. Since 2016 is an election year in the US, I am sure that enough people will remain around to vent.

As long as enough Adsense dollars are being generated, MV will keep the forum going.

This forum kept itself going fairly strongly by discussing other paranormal topic based late night "radio" shows in the large, long gaps when Art Bell wasn't on he air.  The GNS thread thrived and there was pertinent discussion on other "radio" shows (mostly online or podcasts or both) that we were all listening to instead.  The land of online paranormal topic based talk radio shows is thriving online, so I would hope that this forum could be a platform to discuss that instead.  It has been anyhow and I presume discussion on those shows that are alternatives to listening to Art Bell will ramp up.  I'm convinced Art is retired for good this time.  It's time to move on and find other things that jive up our minds in the late night hours.

paladin1991

I don't think ART should have let a bunch of trolls run him out of here and left his fans to do battle for him.  He should have stayed the course with us.  Shot  a few trolls, had a few laughs with us, took the time off necessary to deal with the threat posed to his family, dropped in infrequently via skype to the show, etc. 

I think he was 'overcome by events' as we used to say of Officers who froze up under fire. 

And, yeah, this is still 'The ART BELL Fan Forum.'  It ain't no playground.  Bring your own bullets and booze.

trostol

Quote from: paladin1991 on January 07, 2016, 10:30:10 PM
I don't think ART should have let a bunch of trolls run him out of here and left his fans to do battle for him.  He should have stayed the course with us.  Shot  a few trolls, had a few laughs with us, took the time off necessary to deal with the threat posed to his family, dropped in infrequently via skype to the show, etc. 

I think he was 'overcome by events' as we used to say of Officers who froze up under fire. 

And, yeah, this is still 'The ART BELL Fan Forum.'  It ain't no playground.  Bring your own bullets and booze.

how about titties and beer instead?