• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

One Hundred Years Ago

Started by Rix Gins, January 01, 2016, 08:20:14 PM

Rix Gins

September 7, 1920.  Public Domain

Rix Gins

From the Library of Congress.  The Rock Island Argus and Daily Union., September 08, 1920.

Rix Gins

September 8, 1920.  Public Domain.

Jackstar

Quote from: Rix Gins on September 08, 2020, 03:03:51 AM
September 8, 1920.  Public Domain.

Yeah... I fucked her. Believe me--I'm not proud.

Jackstar

Quote from: Rix Gins on September 08, 2020, 02:56:51 AM
From the Library of Congress.  The Rock Island Argus and Daily Union., September 08, 1920.

I legitimately weep for how beautiful this thread is from time to time. You Maggots simply have no idea. Please, release Him: let Him go.

Ciardelo

Quote from: Jackstar on September 08, 2020, 03:05:13 AM
Yeah... I fucked her. Believe me--I'm not proud.

What the actual fuck is wrong with you?

Jackstar

Quote from: Ciardelo on September 08, 2020, 07:35:34 AM
What the actual fuck is wrong with you?

Holding the Sacred Chalice Of I Don't Give A Single Ripe Wet F*** causes radiation damage after a certain amount of time, especially after my entire family has been murdered.

I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. Carry on.

Rix Gins

From the Library of Congress.  The Rock Island Argus and Daily Union., September 09, 1920.

Rix Gins

September 9, 1920.  Public Domain

Ciardelo

Quote from: Rix Gins on September 09, 2020, 02:25:07 AM
From the Library of Congress.  The Rock Island Argus and Daily Union., September 09, 1920.

When hooch is outlawed, only outlaws will have hooch.

*hic

Rix Gins

September 10, 1920.  Public Domain

Rix Gins

From the Library of Congress.  The Rock Island Argus and Daily Union., September 11, 1920.

Rix Gins

September 11, 1920.  Public Domain

Ciardelo

Quote from: Rix Gins on September 11, 2020, 02:32:14 AM
From the Library of Congress.  The Rock Island Argus and Daily Union., September 11, 1920.

He failed to get away with the dough eh?

Rix Gins

From the Library of Congress.  The Rock Island Argus and Daily Union., September 13, 1920.

Ciardelo

Quote from: Rix Gins on September 13, 2020, 02:04:30 AM
From the Library of Congress.  The Rock Island Argus and Daily Union., September 13, 1920.

But the watch turned up years later...

WOTR

Quote from: Ciardelo on September 13, 2020, 01:02:10 PM
But the watch turned up years later...

That took me awhile to get it. And the more I think of the route that watch took from dope fiend to be delivered one fine, bright morning, the more I laugh.

On the off chance that Rix really is the fine, upstanding gentleman he portrays on this forum, I think it only fair to post the video to aid in his understanding of your comedic genius.  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFtHjV4c4uw

Rix Gins

Quote from: WOTR on September 14, 2020, 12:36:30 AM
That took me awhile to get it. And the more I think of the route that watch took from dope fiend to be delivered one fine, bright morning, the more I laugh.

On the off chance that Rix really is the fine, upstanding gentleman he portrays on this forum, I think it only fair to post the video to aid in his understanding of your comedic genius.  ;)

Yuck, no I don't watch Tarantino movies.  I know you guys all like him but sorry, I don't dig him or his films.  In a similar vein though, I've heard tell that Hermann Göring kept a vial of poison hid up his ass, until the moment came for him to swallow it.

Jackstar

Quote from: Rix Gins on September 14, 2020, 04:06:13 AM
Yuck, no I don't watch Tarantino movies.  I know you guys all like him but sorry, I don't dig him or his films. 

[attachment=1,msg1420871]

I'm not gonna lie--I can see the point. That being said, The Hateful Eight is one damn fine Western.

Hopefully, no camels were ridden during its production. But I'll be honest: neither camels nor Westerns are really my area.

Rix Gins

From the Library of Congress.  The Rock Island Argus and Daily Union., September 14, 1920.

Rix Gins

September 14, 1920.  Public Domain

Rix Gins

September 15, 1920.  Public Domain

Jackstar

Quote from: Rix Gins on September 15, 2020, 01:27:55 AM
September 15, 1920.  Public Domain

No wonder they call it "The Silent Generation." Mom says "Hi I (censoring) knew it!"

Mom's a Sailor now, too.

WOTR

Quote from: Rix Gins on September 14, 2020, 04:06:13 AM
Yuck, no I don't watch Tarantino movies.  I know you guys all like him but sorry, I don't dig him or his films.

I would not say that. I watched pulp fiction because it had a good soundtrack. I think I watched one of his other films. I kind of figured that Terintino movies would not be your thing...

Rix Gins

Quote from: WOTR on September 15, 2020, 01:56:25 AM
I would not say that. I watched pulp fiction because it had a good soundtrack. I think I watched one of his other films. I kind of figured that Terintino movies would not be your thing...

Ha, you are right, not my thing.  Interestingly the music in Pulp Fiction was what I listened to as a kid.  Honestly, I don't know why it bugged me that he put it in the movie, but it did.

Rix Gins

September 16, 1920.  Public Domain

Rix Gins

From the Library of Congress.  The Rock Island Argus and Daily Union., September 17, 1920.