• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Video Gaming

Started by trostol, December 20, 2015, 02:08:47 AM

akwilly

I almost rolled a 300 on my wii bowling. After each strike it would say "nice shot!", after the next to last strike I needed to get the 300 it said "nice shot?" Freaked me out and I didn't get a strike.

zeebo

Quote from: trostol on January 04, 2017, 01:35:44 AM
...last 2 series might be considered more city builders but not sure

idk what to think about city builders.  See, I like buiding one, or maybe a few cities.  But like in Civ, once I've got like ten friggin cities I'm like I don't really give a fig if some remote colony wants a new temple, just send me my friggin gold and stop bugging me.   ;)

trostol

another decent series is Age of Wonders and my go to to this day is still Heroes of Might and Magic 3

trostol

Quote from: zeebo on January 04, 2017, 01:49:45 AM
idk what to think about city builders.  See, I like buiding one, or maybe a few cities.  But like in Civ, once I've got like ten friggin cities I'm like I don't really give a fig if some remote colony wants a new temple, just send me my friggin gold and stop bugging me.   ;)

lol nah from what i recall of playing them..there is no 2nd city really in either of them

zeebo

Quote from: trostol on January 04, 2017, 01:50:18 AM
another decent series is Age of Wonders and my go to to this day is still Heroes of Might and Magic 3

ya know there's a huge following for HOMM3 on gog ... I've thought about trying that one ... Imma look at that one as a serious possiblity thx

Taaroa

I was playing Mario Kart at a NYE party, and it reminded me how god awful the N64 controller is

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Taaroa on January 05, 2017, 12:32:29 AM
I was playing Mario Kart at a NYE party, and it reminded me how god awful the N64 controller is

I know. The N64 was a cool system but WHAT were they thinking with this monstrosity?!  ::) :D

Taaroa

Has anyone experienced the differences between the PS4 and PS4 Pro? I'm considering getting at some point for Ace Combat 7, Wipeout Omega, and Death Stranding but don't know if I should wait for the Pro to get cheaper or to go for the older version

trostol

Quote from: Taaroa on January 05, 2017, 09:09:22 AM
Has anyone experienced the differences between the PS4 and PS4 Pro? I'm considering getting at some point for Ace Combat 7, Wipeout Omega, and Death Stranding but don't know if I should wait for the Pro to get cheaper or to go for the older version

best i will tell you is go here..take things with a grain of salt cause some posters are idiots or just out and out fanboys and make your choice...from what i have read..i think the pro isn't true 4k or something like that

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4?search=pro

Taaroa

I think from reading that it sounds like there is a slight difference between the two if you don't have a 4k tv (which wouldn't be worth it if you already have a PS4), but the Pro is the better option if you don't have a PS4 and that going forward developers will take advantage of the better specs.

So I guess there's no harm in waiting.

trostol

wasn't a good presentation..Zelda looked good..but i do not liek the art style...info on the system

http://www.nintendo.com/switch/features/

https://youtu.be/fljQeYLacmc

Taaroa

I saw the Switch is meant to be released March 3, so what games are launching with it?

trostol

Quote from: Taaroa on January 15, 2017, 08:38:14 AM
https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/819787543390453761/

pretty much..its something, for me personally, if i was looking to get another console to go with my x1 and wanted this..would wait a year or so on

ninjashoes

Quote from: zeebo on January 04, 2017, 01:30:58 AM
Neat .. there was something similar Logan posted awhile back on the tech thread, some dedicated linux OS ... sounded cool but wasn't sure if I'd get bogged down in details.  But I like the idea of a dedicated machine I could use for this.  I actually have an old laptop I never use, maybe I could run an emulator on that or whatnot.

You can just get a raspberry pi off ebay that is already setup with an emulator OS like Retropi or Lakka on it.

Then you just need the games which you can get by buying a micro sd card on ebay that is already loaded with games.

Should cost you around idk $120 or so.

Quote from: zeebo on January 04, 2017, 01:09:45 AM
Is there a way to run an emulator on your pc, then pipe it to your tv, whilst using a real controller?  I want the old-school vibe yo.  ;)

I do that with my lap top.

If your computer or laptop has an HDMI connector you can connect it to a normal flat screen TV

zeebo

Started playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution.  Was having fun and pretty amazed at the graphics, but its subtle references and being in that world again made have to go back and start playing the original Deus Ex, some 15 years after the first time.  Damn if I'm not having fun again.  (Well to be fair, it is my fave game of all time.)

I don't know if I forgot some of the details or if the PC version's different than PS2 which I originally played, but there's stuff in there I'm still discovering even though I've played it through at least 3 times before. 

No videogame has ever been more perfectly suited to fans of paranormal/conspiracy/futurism topics (i.e., this crowd).

Jackstar

Quote from: zeebo on February 12, 2017, 09:49:16 PM
(i.e., this crowd)

I don't think they're allowed to see any resemblance.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: twiki on February 13, 2017, 06:38:10 PM
i do miss my old gameboy. is there an emulator for iphone?

Yep but you gotta jailbreak it first.  ;)

I hope Mass Effect isn't a dud. Ima pray on it....

trostol

Quote from: rekcuf on February 13, 2017, 07:33:56 PM
I hope Mass Effect isn't a dud. Ima pray on it....

i do not think it will be..but i can see where people are fearing that...what i have seen..combat seems a bit different..has no connection to the previous games and i am not sure but i do not think it is the start of another trilogy..but i might be thinking of something else

Quote from: trostol on February 13, 2017, 07:42:21 PM
i do not think it will be..but i can see where people are fearing that...what i have seen..combat seems a bit different..has no connection to the previous games and i am not sure but i do not think it is the start of another trilogy..but i might be thinking of something else

I just hope it's not social justice in space.

trostol

Quote from: rekcuf on February 13, 2017, 07:44:37 PM
I just hope it's not social justice in space.

eh ..as long as it is fun i don't care

Quote from: trostol on February 13, 2017, 08:07:47 PM
eh ..as long as it is fun i don't care

That would make it not fun tho...

Taaroa

Overwatch is such a frustrating game,  and it's almost always caused by teammates and a seemingly broken matchmaking system. Things aren't helped by the developer constantly adjusting gameplay with patches.