• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Video Gaming

Started by trostol, December 20, 2015, 02:08:47 AM

the_Stranger

Quote from: Taaroa on December 04, 2016, 01:59:05 PM
Death Stranding looks like it might be an interesting game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI8goBqqRTo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2Hy96sOnq8
The cinematic stuff looks amazing, but I still have no clue as to what's going on.
The guy in the trailer featuring the Mads Mikkelsen character looks like Guillermo del Toro
Coincidence?
http://www.theverge.com/2016/12/2/13819980/guillermo-del-toro-metal-gear-kojima-diss-twitter-beef

zeebo

LOL check out this console collection - Note, BattleToads is included!

http://imgur.com/a/Pcy64

Taaroa

Quote from: the_Stranger on December 04, 2016, 07:22:20 PM
The guy in the trailer featuring the Mads Mikkelsen character looks like Guillermo del Toro
Coincidence?

Nope - the motion capture guy in the first trailer is Norman Reedus (from the Walking Dead) while in the second trailer you've got Mads Mikkelsen and Guillermo del Toro. If I remember correctly both Reedus and del Toro were involved with Kojima's cancelled Silent Hill game.

trostol

any suggestions for good not overly expensive gaming headsets?

Quote from: trostol on December 08, 2016, 10:01:49 PM
any suggestions for good not overly expensive gaming headsets?

hyperx clouds serve me pretty well. dumb name but they're quite durable compared to many headsets i have broken since they have metal side parts that hold the ear cups, pretty cheap if you get the "core" version and also work with the PS4 (and the xbone, with an adapter)

Jackstar

If you own a PS4, you owe it to yourself to investigate Let It Die.

Also, it's free; PlayStation Plus not required. Someone really wants people to be playing it.

zeebo

Picked up Stardew Valley on last Steam sale, for just something kinda chill to try out.  Love this game lol.  I'm plantin' yams and watering those bastards.  I'm honing my fishin skills, catching trouts & carps.  I'm mining for copper for upgrading my tools.  I'm foraging for blackberries - sometimes I eats 'em, sometimes I sells 'em.  I'm raising chickens and makin omelets.  I'm chattin up the locals and attending various social events.

Worth checking out if you're looking for a laid-back, almost meditative kind of game.  It's got a charming, friendly, retro-style feel to it - sort of the mirror-opposite of a gritty first-person action game.  For some reason I'm finding it very therapeutic - just chopping wood or harvesting plants or wandering around looking for wild horseradish.

trostol

Quote from: zeebo on December 12, 2016, 02:01:40 AM
Picked up Stardew Valley on last Steam sale, for just something kinda chill to try out.  Love this game lol.  I'm plantin' yams and watering those bastards.  I'm honing my fishin skills, catching trouts & carps.  I'm mining for copper for upgrading my tools.  I'm foraging for blackberries - sometimes I eats 'em, sometimes I sells 'em.  I'm raising chickens and makin omelets.  I'm chattin up the locals and attending various social events.

Worth checking out if you're looking for a laid-back, almost meditative kind of game.  It's got a charming, friendly, retro-style feel to it - sort of the mirror-opposite of a gritty first-person action game.  For some reason I'm finding it very therapeutic - just chopping wood or harvesting plants or wandering around looking for wild horseradish.

it is a great game..was just released i believe or shortly on the consoles...vastly better i thought that its successor...Harvest Moon

trostol

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 13, 2016, 11:34:18 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUMoCcbCbYE

these guy is a dweeb..but he has some valid points..i do not see how the switch will be any where near powerful to play any third party games..what i think nintendo should do..is get out of making consoles and make games for multiplat...they would make a ton of money

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: trostol on December 14, 2016, 12:17:45 AM
these guy is a dweeb..but he has some valid points..i do not see how the switch will be any where near powerful to play any third party games..what i think nintendo should do..is get out of making consoles and make games for multiplat...they would make a ton of money

I had the same reaction. I'm not crazy about him but I though he raised valid points, not only about how they always underpower themselves out of third party development but the potential wear and tare on the modular components. As a portable compared to the 3DS it might be a fail.

zeebo

Quote from: trostol on December 12, 2016, 05:54:05 PM
it is a great game..was just released i believe or shortly on the consoles...vastly better i thought that its successor...Harvest Moon

I never thought watering apricot trees could be so enjoyable lol.  I also picked up Terraria & Don't Starve too btw, but haven't tried those yet.  Guess I'm looking for something kinda different than all those triple-A adrenaline rides.  Played through the Room a few nites ago, which was kind of a cool puzzler if you can get on sale.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: zeebo on December 14, 2016, 07:02:12 PM
I never thought watering apricot trees could be so enjoyable lol.  I also picked up Terraria & Don't Starve too btw, but haven't tried those yet.  Guess I'm looking for something kinda different than all those triple-A adrenaline rides.  Played through the Room a few nites ago, which was kind of a cool puzzler if you can get on sale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUNJKwc11L0

trostol

just finished Watch Dogs 2...very good game..much like the improvement from Ac to Ac 2..this did the same thing..leaps and bounds better than the first game..less serious..more..enjoyable protagonist..some very hilarious moments..and a great recreation of SF

Jackstar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4KLprGyue0

I'm not sure how I missed this one until now. Recommended.

Meanwhile, fans of my recommendation of Let It Die will be pleased to learn that it continues to be the most punishing and brutal game I've ever played. Recommended.

zeebo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 17, 2016, 02:07:18 AM

See that purple-haired chick?  Her name's Abigail.  I kinda have a thing for her.  So, trying to impress, I gave her a freshly-caught squid as a gift.  She was not pleased.  However, not so easily deterred, I then gave her a spaghetti dinner which I'd secured earlier from the local tavern - and she really liked it.  I guess she was hungry for a pre-cooked meal.

trostol

Quote from: zeebo on December 18, 2016, 03:15:19 AM
See that purple-haired chick?  Her name's Abigail.  I kinda have a thing for her.  So, trying to impress, I gave her a freshly-caught squid as a gift.  She was not pleased.  However, not so easily deterred, I then gave her a spaghetti dinner which I'd secured earlier from the local tavern - and she really liked it.  I guess she was hungry for a pre-cooked meal.

quick hint if you havent figured it out...days when it rains you do not have to water plants so it frees up energy to do other things

zeebo

Quote from: trostol on December 18, 2016, 12:33:50 PM
quick hint if you havent figured it out...days when it rains you do not have to water plants so it frees up energy to do other things

Nice, thanks I wondered about that.  I've probably been over-watering my yams.

trostol

Nintendo Switch rumored to be less powerful then even though lol

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: trostol on December 19, 2016, 07:49:28 PM
Nintendo Switch rumored to be less powerful then even though lol

I posted a vid with it's specs earlier.

trostol

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 19, 2016, 07:51:08 PM
I posted a vid with it's specs earlier.

yeah..but today there is all sorts of "rumors" out that are freaking the nintendo fans out lol

Dr. MD MD

I'm playing NES games lately. What's your favorite lesser known NES game and why?

mikuthing01

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 21, 2016, 12:49:10 AM
I'm playing NES games lately. What's your favorite lesser known NES game and why?

I have a NES but no controllers can you still buy them?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: momijithing~awoo on December 21, 2016, 12:51:32 AM
I have a NES but no controllers can you still buy them?

Sure. I can usually find them for about $5 at a used video game shop or goodwill, etc. You can probably find them on ebay too.

mikuthing01

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 21, 2016, 12:54:00 AM
Sure. I can usually find them for about $5 at a used video game shop or goodwill, etc. You can probably find them on ebay too.

cool i might do that. i never been big into video games but i have a original xbox i play halo combat evolved on fairly often. I also have a PS2 that i play vice city on once in a while i have played the new GTA and like it but not enough to spend $300 on the counsel and $60 on the game so i will just keep playing Vice City lol