• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Video Gaming

Started by trostol, December 20, 2015, 02:08:47 AM

zeebo

Quote from: Jackstar on November 22, 2016, 04:37:29 PM
...Now, to be clear, you don’t have to interact with anyone else if you don’t want to. You can experience the vast majority of this immense game even if you elect to adventure solo...

Great news for us lone (were-)wolves!  Thanks for the info, I'll have to check it out.

trostol

Quote from: zeebo on November 22, 2016, 04:26:59 PM
I actually don't know much about it.  I've avoided multiuser environments in the past, since I generally play games expressly to avoid dealing with others hehe.  I'd be interested to hear if anyone's having fun with it though.

from what i have heard..aside from the cities and maybe dungeons..you do not need to interact with any one...you can solo the entire game

Jackstar

Quote from: trostol on November 22, 2016, 05:03:49 PM
from what i have heard..

I don't believe you actually know anything about computer games.

trostol

Quote from: zeebo on November 22, 2016, 04:26:59 PM
I actually don't know much about it.  I've avoided multiuser environments in the past, since I generally play games expressly to avoid dealing with others hehe.  I'd be interested to hear if anyone's having fun with it though.

funny thing..we were talking about this here..they just gave a free weekend of it on Xbox one..from the little i played of it it is similar but different..

norland2424

Quote from: trostol on November 23, 2016, 01:54:02 PM
funny thing..we were talking about this here..they just gave a free weekend of it on Xbox one..from the little i played of it it is similar but different..

yea i just got the email from xbox lol

Jackstar

Yep. Still not buying it.

zeebo

Steam autumn sale on thru the 29th.  Looks like a pretty good one, 8 out of 10 on my wish list are on pretty good discount.  Will probably give in and get Morrowind GOTY after all - it's half off right now.

Jackstar

Quote from: zeebo on November 23, 2016, 09:15:46 PM
Morrowind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG940q9Jva0

I think that pretending to throw up can almost make anything better. Except Morrowind.

zeebo

Quote from: Jackstar on November 24, 2016, 12:15:05 AM
I think that pretending to throw up can almost make anything better. Except Morrowind.

It's a neat game that's totally annoying to play - a paradox I haven't quite resolved yet.  I keep wanting to go back to it even though I know I won't finish it.  More paradoxes.

Jackstar

Quote from: zeebo on November 24, 2016, 12:42:01 AM
I keep wanting to go back to it

Okay, now I'm ready for Hillary.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jackstar on November 25, 2016, 03:37:31 AM

They should really know better. I envision a video gaming system that literally prods you out of the door through strategic electrocution but it wouldn't pass the stupid ethics committee.  ::)

Dyna-X

If anyone knows where I could find the original arcade 1979 Atari Asteroids ported over to PC/Windows - preferably as a stand alone (no emulator) it would make my day. I realize that the glowing and trails of the CRT are not possible, but somebody must make one. No 3D stuff, no corny themes, just the ominous "jaws" sound and pew pew pew! :)

norland2424

Quote from: Dyna-X on November 25, 2016, 08:33:45 AM
If anyone knows where I could find the original arcade 1979 Atari Asteroids ported over to PC/Windows - preferably as a stand alone (no emulator) it would make my day. I realize that the glowing and trails of the CRT are not possible, but somebody must make one. No 3D stuff, no corny themes, just the ominous "jaws" sound and pew pew pew! :)

http://my.ign.com/atari/asteroids

zeebo

I don't see Asteroids here, but fyi there are lots of good old classics that you can play right in your browser, including my old fave Astro Blaster.

https://archive.org/details/internetarcade

norland2424

Quote from: zeebo on November 25, 2016, 01:41:29 PM
I don't see Asteroids here, but fyi there are lots of good old classics that you can play right in your browser, including my old fave Astro Blaster.

https://archive.org/details/internetarcade

i linked it above buddy  :D

zeebo

Quote from: norland2424 on November 25, 2016, 01:43:58 PM
i linked it above buddy  :D

Nice, I see they've got Battlezone & Centipede too.   8)

Jackstar

Quote from: zeebo on November 25, 2016, 01:41:29 PM
I don't see Asteroids here,

It's alongside the link to Lycos.

Dyna-X

Quote from: norland2424 on November 25, 2016, 10:22:44 AM
http://my.ign.com/atari/asteroids

Thanks Norland and Zeebo...exactly what I as looking for! I could easily spend a month revisiting these classics.

trostol

picked up a GTX 1050 Ti for 139 today....dunno if its a good price..but this card is supposed to be solid for the price..haven't had a nvidia card in forever

zeebo

Quote from: trostol on November 25, 2016, 08:08:10 PM
picked up a GTX 1050 Ti for 139 today....dunno if its a good price..but this card is supposed to be solid for the price..haven't had a nvidia card in forever

I had a 650 Ti then upped to a 750 Ti which is pretty much the max my old machine can handle.  Have really liked how they've performed as well as the Nvidia software which has been solid.

Jackstar

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 04, 2016, 02:10:53 AM
Anyone VRing with their Playstation yet?

I'm holding out for the ol' factory module.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jackstar on December 04, 2016, 02:41:08 AM

I'm holding out for the ol' factory module.

That's VBing and don't do it for more than 20 minutes unless you want a headache.  ;)

Jackstar

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 04, 2016, 02:47:22 AM
venereal bursitis

Look, Doc--save your war stories for the office water cooler. I'm trying to enjoy this beverage here.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jackstar on December 04, 2016, 02:52:01 AM
Look, Doc--save your war stories for the office water cooler. I'm trying to enjoy this beverage here.

We could talk about skin diseases, if you prefer.  :D