• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Video Gaming

Started by trostol, December 20, 2015, 02:08:47 AM

HumanBeing

I've been watching CohhCarnage's play through of the recently released PS4 'God of War' game. The combat in the game looks really fucking fun and satisfying.
There is a dynamic between the father and son characters that reminds me of the game 'The Last of Us' and Joel and Ellie.

The last playstation I had was PS3 and I got that for GTA 5 with some consideration that it could also act as a blu-ray player. But after I finished GTA 5 I sold it a few months later.
But for those of you who have a PS4 and you haven't been living under the rock, no doubt, you probably already know about the game  :P

As for me, I'll just have to vicariously watch someone else play it  ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFttxVHMubM&list=PLN39y5i_H0FlSYGenUA0FEtZU6Bw44C8S

HumanBeing

Some people might know the name TotalBiscuit a.k.a. CynicalBrit. He is a video games critic/reviewer and, in my opinion, one of the best.
He also hosts a video gaming podcast live on Twitch, that also gets uploaded to YouTube, along with co-hosts Jesse Cox and Dodger called 'The Co-Optional Podcast'.
On that podcast their guests are usually a gaming content creator (Twitch/Youtube) or sometimes a gaming or tech journalist. They end up talking about the video games they are currently playing and any other gaming related news.

Well TotalBiscuit was diagnosed with colon cancer 2 or 3 years ago and slowly, as cancer usually does, it started to spread.
It is to a point now where, unfortunately, all conventional therapies have now been exhausted and he is not long for this world.

Recently faced with this news from his doctors, and the inevitability that his time was drawing near, he sent his reddit moderation team a message to post on his behalf.
Considering the circumstances, I found the post, although sad and brutally honest, to be rather inspiring to read.

Here is the link to that reddit post,
https://www.reddit.com/r/cynicalbritofficial/comments/8g4eoj/official_totalbiscuits_future/

novat0

Quote from: HumanBeing on May 01, 2018, 03:01:22 AM
I've been watching CohhCarnage's play through of the recently released PS4 'God of War' game. The combat in the game looks really fucking fun and satisfying.
There is a dynamic between the father and son characters that reminds me of the game 'The Last of Us' and Joel and Ellie.

The last playstation I had was PS3 and I got that for GTA 5 with some consideration that it could also act as a blu-ray player. But after I finished GTA 5 I sold it a few months later.
But for those of you who have a PS4 and you haven't been living under the rock, no doubt, you probably already know about the game  :P

As for me, I'll just have to vicariously watch someone else play it  ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFttxVHMubM&list=PLN39y5i_H0FlSYGenUA0FEtZU6Bw44C8S
I never buy new release games, but after 1 day of Redboxing it, I bought it.  It's pretty fun.  I'm only about 25% through the story, but it has been one of the best games I've played so far and definitely my favorite of the series (played 1 and 2, but not 3).

Quote from: HumanBeing on May 01, 2018, 02:38:00 PM
Some people might know the name TotalBiscuit a.k.a. CynicalBrit. He is a video games critic/reviewer and, in my opinion, one of the best.
He also hosts a video gaming podcast live on Twitch, that also gets uploaded to YouTube, along with co-hosts Jesse Cox and Dodger called 'The Co-Optional Podcast'.
On that podcast their guests are usually a gaming content creator (Twitch/Youtube) or sometimes a gaming or tech journalist. They end up talking about the video games they are currently playing and any other gaming related news.

Well TotalBiscuit was diagnosed with colon cancer 2 or 3 years ago and slowly, as cancer usually does, it started to spread.
It is to a point now where, unfortunately, all conventional therapies have now been exhausted and he is not long for this world.

Recently faced with this news from his doctors, and the inevitability that his time was drawing near, he sent his reddit moderation team a message to post on his behalf.
Considering the circumstances, I found the post, although sad and brutally honest, to be rather inspiring to read.

Here is the link to that reddit post,
https://www.reddit.com/r/cynicalbritofficial/comments/8g4eoj/official_totalbiscuits_future/

I saw that and it made me super sad.  I decided to order a hoodie to support him based on his how to support stuff in that post.

wow, so stunning, diverse, and progressive!

nintendo better bring it tomorrow, boy i got my fingers crossed for a polyamorous donkey kong game.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: malachi.martini on June 11, 2018, 09:54:43 PM

nintendo better bring it tomorrow, boy i got my fingers crossed for a polyamorous donkey kong game.

I'm totally lost on this one. What's going on now?

Asuka Langley

Quote from: malachi.martini on June 11, 2018, 09:54:43 PM

Why is Shara Silverman trying to kiss the tomboy that lived next door to me growing up?

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 11, 2018, 10:31:11 PM
I'm totally lost on this one. What's going on now?

The cultural marxists have shit all over western gaming they way they shit all over western civilization.

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on June 11, 2018, 11:14:27 PM
Why is Shara Silverman trying to kiss the tomboy that lived next door to me growing up?

Every time, lol.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: malachi.martini on June 11, 2018, 11:49:51 PM
The cultural marxists have shit all over western gaming they way they shit all over western civilization.

Every time, lol.

But the Japanese will still sell us non-PC perversions, right? :(

Asuka Langley

Quote from: malachi.martini on June 11, 2018, 11:49:51 PM

Every time, lol.

#FuckHitler

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 11, 2018, 11:52:15 PM

Yeah, thank god the Japanese are harder to subvert.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 11, 2018, 11:52:15 PM

Like a Mac?

trostol

Quote from: malachi.martini on June 12, 2018, 12:05:35 AM

Yeah, thank god the Japanese are harder to subvert.

first one is a lil misleading as you can chose which character you play as in Odyssey

Taaroa

It hurts...
QuoteThere was once an Xbox Live port of Goldeneye 007 in the works, but it was cancelled. It's true -- Activation was porting the Nintendo 64 classic to the Xbox 360 back in 2008, but the project was canned when Microsoft and Nintendo couldn't reach a licensing agreement
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRRuhviJGMQ

Just played through DCOTE, unforgiving AF, but great!

https://www.moddb.com/mods/falloutprojectbrazil

Considering giving this a go.

red dead redemption 2. wew lad!

Quote from: Richard Groyper on December 20, 2015, 03:33:24 AM
Has anyone followed the drama that is Gamer Gate?

always based and red pilled.

Quote from: Richard Groyper on October 24, 2018, 07:39:00 PM

Gotta know if it's enriched with globohomo goodness before I commit!

Quote from: Richard Groyper on October 24, 2018, 07:40:34 PM
always based and red pilled.

lool

Sargoy trying to run it back to kill it again, muh ethics!

Quote from: malachi.martini on October 24, 2018, 08:01:00 PM
Gotta know if it's enriched with globohomo goodness before I commit!

lool

Sargoy trying to run it back to kill it again, muh ethics!

ill be very disappointed if globo homo is anywhere near this game.

sargoy the stepfather strikes again.

Jackstar

Frankly terrified the entire thing is riddled with easter eggs promoting Westworld. Will endlessly replay the first until discount lands.

Taaroa

Quote from: Richard Groyper on October 24, 2018, 07:39:00 PM

It is better than I was expecting and is really impressive. Makes you wonder if other devs are even trying at this point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPqZs7Vl_xg

Started Alan Wake, some Silent Hill vibes, some Twin Peaks vibes. Soundtrack features Roy Orbison and Nick Cave, pretty comfy.

GrumpyOldMan

Quote from: malachi.martini on October 24, 2018, 07:30:14 PM

Just played through DCOTE, unforgiving AF, but great!

https://www.moddb.com/mods/falloutprojectbrazil

Considering giving this a go.

So have you give FO:NC a shot yet?  I've downloaded it, but I'm afraid to fire it up.  I'm behind on shit I should be doing as it is.  I'm thinking of clearing a few days off in the near future to play through it.

Quote from: Taaroa on October 26, 2018, 10:26:39 PM
It is better than I was expecting and is really impressive. Makes you wonder if other devs are even trying at this point.

so far, it's fantastic. the amount of influence the environment has on your character and vice versa is amazing, the sand box is enormous, and the visuals are stunning. I'm pacing myself so I dont get burnt out, lol. i sure do love the spaghetti western genre.