• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Mike Vara Reveals the Truth about DMDN?

Started by DoYouThinkItWasAngels, December 20, 2015, 01:56:02 AM

indigoo

I'm lazy and don't want to listen, can you summarize the main points?

albrecht

Quote from: indigoo on December 21, 2015, 07:38:55 PM
I'm lazy and don't want to listen, can you summarize the main points?
RCH controls the whole operation.

Quote from: Robert on December 21, 2015, 07:05:36 PM
I listened that night, but turned it off half an hour before the end.  Anybody have a quick summary of what I missed?

The rant went something along these lines.  A few months back Art/Keith approached Vara about going 5 nights a week, live in the slot before Art's show. 
However, Vara would have to scrap his network and agree to a few other conditions.   Supposedly the money aspect would be good for Vara.  Vara
blew them off as he seems to think Hoagland is a front for NASA and some sort of evil puppet master that rules Art/Keith behind the scenes.  So he is leaving
Roland's network because he Vara is not about to kiss Hoagland's arse. 

Oh and while he didn't call Art a wuss bunny per se - He's had his own share of death threats and has pushed on thru them.   

I suppose the bottom line is that with  him leaving DMRN to being exclusive on LNM. his listener base will go from 75 guys to 50 guys or there abouts.

Oh and apparently Rowland gave him the hook before he could finish so you have follow the link to hear the whole incident in it's full awesomeness.

Dateline

Quote from: albrecht on December 21, 2015, 07:39:22 PM

I have not listened, but will.  For now, if you draw the pie chart R.H. controls  a 19.5 percent portion , and the Belle Haven coffee klatch  is cooking the remainder for the upcoming 2016 season.  Falkie will eat it all!

albrecht

Quote from: Dateline on December 21, 2015, 07:47:38 PM
I have not listened, but will.  For now, if you draw the pie chart R.H. controls  a 19.5 percent portion , and the Belle Haven coffee klatch  is cooking the remainder for the upcoming 2016 season.  Falkie will eat it all!
Call me skeptical but a guy who can barely operate a computer and phone line is some evil overlord working for NASA, being a "gatekeeper" on the "truth," and controlling Art, Keith, and the radio-network that is, apparently, making an untold amount of money?  :o

AZZERAE

I listened that night, but turned it off half an hour before the end.  Anybody have a quick summary of what I missed?

Vara said Hoagland is a gatekeeper for NASA and that Keith and Art are covering for him. He also said Keith and Art are laughing all the way to the bank with DMDN and that he's not in it for the money. He referred to Art as a serial retiree and said Keith censors hosts that appear on DMDN.

It was all very long winded, but those are the main allegations brought up.

Freyja

Quote from: albrecht on December 21, 2015, 07:49:45 PM
Call me skeptical but a guy who can barely operate a computer and phone line is some evil overlord working for NASA, being a "gatekeeper" on the "truth," and controlling Art, Keith, and the radio-network that is, apparently, making an untold amount of money?  :o

Don't forget about how Vara's has pushed through his fair share of death threats. 

Auslandia

He went nutty &
Claimed  Art & Keith were only in it for the money (duh) and that RCH was withholding NASA data.  I dunno.  It was kind of useless really

Faustina

Quote from: albrecht on December 21, 2015, 07:39:22 PM

How does he know?  Is he an Inner Circle member?

Faustina

Quote from: albrecht on December 21, 2015, 07:49:45 PM

I doubt the network made/makes all that much money.  Just a gut-feeling, though:  no hard evidence.

Ciardelo

I demand hard evidence. Where are the emails? Where are the pictures? Why was there another thread made for this? Was the other one last night good enough?

Soylentblue

"From the NASA gatekeeper to the serial retiree." LOL

Hoagie, Rowland and Bell are or were raking in the money on DMDN and to prevent offending subscribers Vara was given conditions if he were to be a part of the network.

This just keeps getting better and better.

stephber

I was wondering why Saturday's 9p-12a slot now shows TBA.

happysat

Still it is only 19.5 percent. Of the truth follow the data to the smoking gun

sydtron

Very interesting. . Dont know if I believe the guy... But very interesting. ..

Faustina

Quote from: norland2424 on December 20, 2015, 02:12:02 AM
they are saying hoagland runs dark matter LOL

Srsly doubt that.  Or Vara's assertion that the network is making tons of money that Art is banking. 

Quote from: sydtron on December 22, 2015, 12:37:15 AM
Very interesting. . Dont know if I believe the guy... But very interesting. ..

Well the part about Hoagland being the man behind the curtain with Art/Keith being his front men
obviously isn't believable. 

It would be interesting to know if Vara really was offered the time slot he mentioned.  I guess
the original plan was for Jimmy Church to be in that spot before he blasted off.  Ome would think
that LNM would have been pretty far down on the depth chart.

Faustina

It seems that Michael Vara and his associate, Gary, really have it in for Hoagland.  They posted this just now to their website:

http://lnmradionetwork.com/richard-hoaglands-dark-mission-coverups-lies-and-calling-for-a-new-world-order/

Claudius

Quote from: Faustina on December 22, 2015, 06:37:08 PM
It seems that Michael Vara and his associate, Gary, really have it in for Hoagland.  They posted this just now to their website:

http://lnmradionetwork.com/richard-hoaglands-dark-mission-coverups-lies-and-calling-for-a-new-world-order/
I love it! It's crazy people fighting crazy people over things which don't even exist. This could be an onion article.

Echo

Quote from: Azzerae on December 20, 2015, 05:03:37 PM
A teensy bit misleading a title for this thread, don't you think?

Simply some allegations in reference to Dick, Keith and Art.

Big deal.

The sweet irony is Vara's subscription fee is... $5. And there he is rambling on about Keith and Art being in it for the money.

Who the fuck really knows the truth of whats going on!?

It was Art who said he wasn't doing his new show for the money.  What did Art do with his new show. 

Charged $5 a month to access show archives, few months later jacks it up to $8
Why stop at only making money off of subscribers, lets add commercials to make even more money
Art had ZERO plans to make archives free after x amount of affiliates have signed on
Art made sure Keith filed DMCA on any MiTD show uploaded to youtube, how dare anyone listen to old shows without Art and Keith getting paid. (Art ran a pirate radio show back in the day, hes a hypocrite for going after people uploading old MiTD shows onto youtube)

No one can sit here and say Art wasn't in it for the money since day one.

So many other radio shows/podcasts that have commercials, do not charge a DIME to access show archives.
Joe Rogan Experience - Free archives on youtube and website  (only plug is at the start of the podcast)
WRH (whatreallyhappened.com) - 100% commercial free archives on youtube
hagmann & hagmann show - free archives on youtube and website

I could go on and on posting of radio shows and podcasts that have Free show archives.

AZZERAE

Quote from: Echo on December 23, 2015, 03:24:56 AM
It was Art who said he wasn't doing his new show for the money.  What did Art do with his new show. 

Why stop at only making money off of subscribers, lets add commercials to make even more money
Art had ZERO plans to make archives free after x amount of affiliates have signed on
Art made sure Keith filed DMCA on any MiTD show uploaded to youtube, how dare anyone listen to old shows without Art and Keith getting paid. (Art ran a pirate radio show back in the day, hes a hypocrite for going after people uploading old MiTD shows onto youtube)

So many other radio shows/podcasts that have commercials, do not charge a DIME to access show archives.
Joe Rogan Experience - Free archives on youtube and website  (only plug is at the start of the podcast)

I could go on and on posting of radio shows and podcasts that have Free show archives.

Fair point.

You are aware of the exorbitant fees of Art's bumper music being broadcast via the live stream, right?

I do agree the archive paywall is bullshit, and it could very well be that Keith and Art were trying to rake in as much dough as possible. The bottom line in business is profit.

I do take issue with Art's "not about the money" spiel. That type of thing grinds my gears. I hate when he acts like he's to good for new money.

RickySsan

Quote from: Faustina on December 22, 2015, 06:37:08 PM

Nutters mudslinging each other and saying the other is wrong, makes for great radio i guess, they're all still nuts though..

williedee

I never really liked late night in the midlands, it was pretty boring. It seemed like it always ended up with the host going on long monologues about stuff that didn't matter to anyone.

Soylentblue

Quote from: Faustina on December 22, 2015, 03:41:00 PM
Srsly doubt that.  Or Vara's assertion that the network is making tons of money that Art is banking.

I tuned into Vara's show last night and only heard the first ten or so minutes. The guy who Hoagland apparently has something in for was going to explain his side of the story after that. It wasn't pretty. I tuned out after five minutes of hearing a lunatic rant.

Over an hour later I turned the radio on and the crazy was still ranting. What a nut job!

Anyways before the loony started talking Vara went into more detail about what Rowland and Bell had told him about their subscriptions. Hoagie had around five thousand subscribers at 4.99 a crack and Bell had eleven thousand at 7.99 or whatever the cost was.

That is a heck of a lot of money being brought in a month. You can see why Hoagland isn't jumping ship right away and why Rowland had to "talk numbers" with him after Bell quit.

After listening to Vara's side of the story DMDN seems a little no make that a lot less likeable. No way I subscribe to them now.

anunnaki

Quote from: williedee on December 23, 2015, 11:05:47 AM
I never really liked late night in the midlands, it was pretty boring. It seemed like it always ended up with the host going on long monologues about stuff that didn't matter to anyone.

I get tired of hearing him constantly saying "Anyways", it's not even a word.

anunnaki

Quote from: Barfly on December 21, 2015, 02:02:25 PM
Its public knowlage, but i will delete it if it makes you guys feel better, anybody that has a business is a open book, its the law.
I personally dont like it but i have to deal with it as well.
i cant delete or modify it, its been to long.I tried, but the reality is ANYBODY can find this stuff out, its the law when you own a biz

Same applies to Art Bell's Radio Licenses

Robert

Quote from: Echo on December 23, 2015, 03:24:56 AMIt was Art who said he wasn't doing his new show for the money.  What did Art do with his new show. 

They made clear that the $5 was a limited time offer, to encourage quick subscriptions to be grandfathered at the $5/mo.  Not that $8 is a huge jump, though.
QuoteWhy stop at only making money off of subscribers, lets add commercials to make even more money
But saying the amount of ad time would be limited, which it was, although simple lack of advertisers could also acc't for that.  The amount of ads was slightly more than on what used to be called "sustaining" broadcasts, but a lot less than on most programs.
QuoteArt had ZERO plans to make archives free after x amount of affiliates have signed on

C2C has advertising, yet charges not only for archives but also for live stream.  Most noncommercial programs maintain publicly accessible archives that don't go back far.  WFMU invested a lot from donations to maintain archives permanently; between that & streaming it's their main expense.

Echo

Quote from: Azzerae on December 23, 2015, 05:02:49 AM
Fair point.

You are aware of the exorbitant fees of Art's bumper music being broadcast via the live stream, right?

I do agree the archive paywall is bullshit, and it could very well be that Keith and Art were trying to rake in as much dough as possible. The bottom line in business is profit.

I do take issue with Art's "not about the money" spiel. That type of thing grinds my gears. I hate when he acts like he's to good for new money.

That is Art choice to have the music. People tune in to hear Art not the bumper music, we can listen to music all day long if we want listen to music. 

Quote from: Robert on December 23, 2015, 11:03:43 PM
They made clear that the $5 was a limited time offer, to encourage quick subscriptions to be grandfathered at the $5/mo.  Not that $8 is a huge jump, though.But saying the amount of ad time would be limited, which it was, although simple lack of advertisers could also acc't for that.  The amount of ads was slightly more than on what used to be called "sustaining" broadcasts, but a lot less than on most programs.C2C has advertising, yet charges not only for archives but also for live stream.  Most noncommercial programs maintain publicly accessible archives that don't go back far.  WFMU invested a lot from donations to maintain archives permanently; between that & streaming it's their main expense.

Did C2CAM ever say they weren't doing the show for the money like Art did.  I don't ever remember hearing George say that on/off the air. I don't see C2CAM going all out to remove the show off streaming sites. We can still see old art bell shows on youtube.

Maintaining Archives can be cheap by taking advantage of free hosting sites or allowing fans to manage it long as they don't charge for access. Look at the Final art bell torrent that fans put together. We see Art and Keith targeting anyone that dares upload MiTD youtube or other streaming site.

It's not hard to find podcasts that have 100% free archives that go all the way back to day one.