• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Lilith

Quote from: SredniVashtar on September 13, 2016, 07:20:23 AM
I could be wrong, but I doubt whether either Hillary or Trump are in it for the money. I don't think any candidate goes into it expecting to enrich themselves, because most of them already have more money than they will ever get around to spending. With Hillary, it's something that she has probably always wanted for as long as she can remember. She wants the power. With Trump, I really don't know what motivates him. It may be no more than a bored rich kid wanting a new toy to play with. If he gets it (dog help us!) he might get bored as soon as he gets his diminutive little paws on the reins of power. For someone who  has spent so much of his life in the public eye he remains an enigma, albeit a squalid one that I don't care to think about all that much.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one.  ;) :-*

SredniVashtar

Quote from: brig on September 13, 2016, 07:22:32 AM
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one.  ;) :-*

I'll drink to that:

PKaiser

Quote from: Donald Noory on September 12, 2016, 10:35:18 PM
Man, you're going to be mighty butt-hurt on election day. Remember my words. The math won't work. Trump can't win.

Ah, you know nothing about recent history.  Ronald Reagan was down in the polls 15 points to a SITTING PRESIDENT the night before the election and ended up winning the THIRD LARGEST LANDSLIDE in US history the next day.  Only Nixon's 1972 landslide (49 states) and Reagan's own second landslide in 1984 (49 states) were larger.  Trump not only CAN win, he will do so in a landslide and you can move your uninteresting, uneducated fat ass to France.

Kids....

SredniVashtar

Quote from: PKaiser on September 13, 2016, 08:08:00 AM
Ah, you know nothing about recent history.  Ronald Reagan was down in the polls 15 points to a SITTING PRESIDENT the night before the election and ended up winning the THIRD LARGEST LANDSLIDE in US history the next day.  Only Nixon's 1972 landslide (49 states) and Reagan's own second landslide in 1984 (49 states) were larger.  Trump not only CAN win, he will do so in a landslide and you can move your uninteresting, uneducated fat ass to France.

Kids....

Polls are more sophisticated now than they were then. And you have just described the exception that proves the rule.

Next!

PKaiser

Quote from: SredniVashtar on September 13, 2016, 08:15:35 AM
Polls are more sophisticated now than they were then. And you have just described the exception that proves the rule.

Next!

Thank you for that bit of info on how polls are supposedly "more sophisticated" today.

Trump is up by 3 today....

Next!

SredniVashtar

Quote from: PKaiser on September 13, 2016, 08:26:09 AM
Thank you for that bit of info on how polls are supposedly "more sophisticated" today.

Trump is up by 3 today....

Next!

The polls might be more sophisticated, but it doesn't sound like the people are. If I wasn't such a benevolent soul I'd almost wish that you did get him as president. It would serve you right.

And don't think I didn't notice that bit of tap-dancing, arguing from one side before switching to the other. That sort of exercise can't be good for the old ticker.

Lilith

Quote from: SredniVashtar on September 13, 2016, 08:15:35 AM
Polls are more sophisticated HACKED now than they were then. And you have just described the exception that proves the rule.

Next!

FIFY   :(

We just don't seem to be getting along at ALL today.  :'(   :-*

PaulAtreides

Quote from: Donald Noory on September 12, 2016, 10:11:22 PM
I agree Heather, it was wrong of Hillary to state that half of Trump's supporters are a basket of deplorables. It's more like 95%.

Yes, but they don't care because they were born here and can't be deplorted.

PKaiser

Quote from: SredniVashtar on September 13, 2016, 08:33:43 AM
The polls might be more sophisticated, but it doesn't sound like the people are. If I wasn't such a benevolent soul I'd almost wish that you did get him as president. It would serve you right.

And don't think I didn't notice that bit of tap-dancing, arguing from one side before switching to the other. That sort of exercise can't be good for the old ticker.

I feel like I'm living in The Twilight Zone as all of this stuff I've heard before, in 1976 and 1980.  They all said Reagan was gonna blow up the whole world.  And yet we're all still here to commiserate over it.

Not tap dancing, just using your own logic against you my Anglo friend....

Jackstar

Kids....

QFMFT

Kitty

Quote from: scentless on September 06, 2016, 04:12:53 AM
Yes, that’s right. A forum about a show that no longer exists that is now a forum about baking bread.
AND, such a nice recipe for a rich dough it is! I'm going to drag out the KA and make it too! while I'm listening to a show late in the evening. No, not THAT one.

PKaiser

Quote from: Jackstar on September 13, 2016, 02:08:51 PM
QFMFT

USA, NASA, USAF, USMC, IRL, NBA, NFL, USAC, MLB, USSR, AFL-CIO, NASCAR, JGR, TCGR, LOL, IMHO, MO, FBI, CIA....

I don't know what QFMFT means, sorry Jackstar....

ShayP

Quote from: PKaiser on September 13, 2016, 03:53:47 PM
USA, NASA, USAF, USMC, IRL, NBA, NFL, USAC, MLB, USSR, AFL-CIO, NASCAR, JGR, TCGR, LOL, IMHO, MO, FBI, CIA....

I don't know what QFMFT means, sorry Jackstar....

Quoted For MotherFuckin' Truth!

(I had to Google it)  :-[

Donald Noory

Kids....

Poor little uneducated Trumptard. Take a looksee at this here electoral map:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/2016_elections_electoral_college_map.html

Okay now Trumptard, after you have a looksee at that there electoral map, add up the columns that show "Likely Trump", "Leans Trump" and then for the heck of it add up all the "Toss Up" states also. If'n Trump wins ALL of the toss up states as well as the "Likely Trump" and "Leans Trump" states it would total 266, not enough to win. You need 270. And we all know Trump won't win ALL of the toss up states. Like I've said numerous times Dumbo, the math just ain't in your favor. Trump can't win.

Now, what I suggest is that you have a nice lie down on election night, and not look at the results, because that poor old ticker of yours could be in for one big jolt. Of course, I've just prepared you for the bad news, so hopefully you'll be ok.

Enjoy your Freedom Fries!

K_Dubb

Quote from: Kitty on September 13, 2016, 03:37:51 PM
AND, such a nice recipe for a rich dough it is! I'm going to drag out the KA and make it too! while I'm listening to a show late in the evening. No, not THAT one.

Sometimes to make it richer you can trade the two eggs for another half-stick of butter.  Works best for small, golf-ball-sized (pre-rising) buns.  Anything larger and it spreads like crazy.

Also you can fill with pastry cream and top with icing and coconut for skoleboller -- probably my favorite way to have it.  These have to be a little bigger to accommodate the filling.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Kitty on September 13, 2016, 03:37:51 PM

Please post your results if you can.  :D

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Donald Noory on September 13, 2016, 04:29:57 PM
Poor little uneducated Trumptard. Take a looksee at this here electoral map:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/2016_elections_electoral_college_map.html

Okay now Trumptard, after you have a looksee at that there electoral map, add up the columns that show "Likely Trump", "Leans Trump" and then for the heck of it add up all the "Toss Up" states also. If'n Trump wins ALL of the toss up states as well as the "Likely Trump" and "Leans Trump" states it would total 266, not enough to win. You need 270. And we all know Trump won't win ALL of the toss up states. Like I've said numerous times Dumbo, the math just ain't in your favor. Trump can't win.

Now, what I suggest is that you have a nice lie down on election night, and not look at the results, because that poor old ticker of yours could be in for one big jolt. Of course, I've just prepared you for the bad news, so hopefully you'll be ok.

Enjoy your Freedom Fries!

People who support Hillary must like being lied to and manipulated like a cuck because that's all she and her party seem to be doing lately.  ;D

Donald Noory

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 13, 2016, 08:22:18 PM
People who support Hillary must like being lied to and manipulated like a cuck because that's all she and her party seem to be doing lately.  ;D

Your asinine reply has nothing to do with the electoral map link. Typical douchebag Trumptard. Please point out how the electoral map was wrong. Moron. Trumptards are going to be shocked on election day, because they're not fond of pesky things like research and education. They'll have no idea what is coming.

North Korea has machines that cause Earthquakes that Hillary invented. It's all a conspiracy like Sandy Hook

norland2424

Quote from: Empress on September 13, 2016, 08:28:45 PM
North Korea has machines that cause Earthquakes that Hillary invented. It's all a conspiracy like Sandy Hook

Hillary invented nukes?  :o

Quote from: norland2424 on September 13, 2016, 08:30:00 PM
Hillary invented nukes?  :o

Hoagland invented Nukes. But Hillary invented Hoagland.

SciFiAuthor

They do. They're in some kind of collective delusion that this woman isn't going to be plagued with scandals like she consistently has been for 25 years. Hillary's presidency will end in a resignation and a pardon.

norland2424

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on September 13, 2016, 08:33:44 PM
They do. They're in some kind of collective delusion that this woman isn't going to be plagued with scandals like she consistently has been for 25 years. Hillary's presidency will end in a resignation and a pardon.

Both sides are blind, America has no future with either Trump or Hillary.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: norland2424 on September 13, 2016, 08:35:13 PM
Both sides are blind, America has no future with either Trump or Hillary.

They completely missed the fact that conservatism and liberalism have gone obsolete.