• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: TigerLily on May 31, 2016, 12:48:00 AM
Got it!  Don't stand in the banana boat

Yep! Never get out of the boat. Absolutely goddamn right! Unless you were goin' all the way... Kurtz got off the boat. He split from the whole fuckin' program... 8)

superfan

Quote from: Dr_Blue on May 28, 2016, 12:35:35 AM
For you on the board not listening,...........ART is on now
Art was on the friday may 27 show at 2:02. 2 minutes of art bell= 3 months of witch Heather.
Please get anyone else to replace her.I have lowered my expectations.I now will take anyone.The milkman;paper boy;short order cook....anyone is better.The show is not listenable.

Nobody

Quote from: superfan on May 31, 2016, 12:54:37 AM
The show is not listenable.

Well, you do have to admit that Heather was right when she said, "We are getting deep into it!" just before the commercial break.

(I only hope I can get "it" off my shoes.) :(

Juan Cena

Y'all didn't stick around for my call again.

I'm gonna be sad.  😢😭😭😭

There I'm sad. 😢😥😭

Quote from: Juan Cena on May 31, 2016, 01:57:46 AM

I'm gonna be sad.  😢😭😭😭

There I'm sad. 😢😥😭
What did you talk about?

JesusJuice

I can't sleep so I'm watching Forensic Files repeats on CNN. What are you guys doing up this late?

Quote from: JesusJuice on May 31, 2016, 02:14:28 AM
I can't sleep so I'm watching Forensic Files repeats on CNN. What are you guys doing up this late?

Work and listening to the final hour of the show. I skipped the first four hours. Some caller believes he is a victim of mind control. Or a distant energy attack.

akwilly

Quote from: JesusJuice on May 31, 2016, 02:14:28 AM
check out Angie Tribeca if you are bored

anunnaki

Sneaky way to sell a $29.99 Book they just happen to publish - have a caller call in previously and tonight who is a "Victim" of electronic stalking and mention that they have someone who can help him, who even wrote a book about it. Hmmmmm ! He mentioned the title twice !

Nobody

Quote from: anunnaki on May 31, 2016, 02:34:22 AM
Sneaky way to sell a $29.99 Book they just happen to publish - have a caller call in previously and tonight who is a "Victim" of electronic stalking and mention that they have someone who can help him, who even wrote a book about it. Hmmmmm ! He mentioned the title twice !

Glad I missed that; I hate sales pitches.  >:(

Nobody

Quote from: Juan Cena on May 31, 2016, 01:57:46 AM

I'm gonna be sad.  😢😭😭😭

There I'm sad. 😢😥😭

I don't want you to be sad, but honestly, I think three hours of Heather is all flesh and blood can stand.

(When listening to Hoagland sounds like a good idea, you know things are desperate.)  :'(

Quote from: superfan on May 31, 2016, 12:54:37 AM
Art was on the friday may 27 show at 2:02. 2 minutes of art bell= 3 months of witch Heather.
Please get anyone else to replace her.I have lowered my expectations.I now will take anyone.The milkman;paper boy;short order cook....anyone is better.The show is not listenable.

Then...why listen? Is it some sort of masochism? Your version of scraping razors against the vein?

Nobody

Quote from: BelgianCarbonFibre on May 31, 2016, 04:29:52 AM
Then...why listen? Is it some sort of masochism? Your version of scraping razors against the vein?

Listening to MITD is like picking at a scab: you know it is bad to do, but you do it anyway.

Ciardelo

Quote from: Nobody on May 31, 2016, 04:41:53 AM
Listening to MITD is like picking at a scab: you know it is bad to do, but you do it anyway.
I don't.

I don't hold any animosity towards Red for taking the shot. I applaud her moxie and wish her well. It's just I have a limited number of hours to listen to podcasts and I don't have any more time to waste waiting for her to get better. No biggie. You won't find me bitching about her every night either. It's just a fucking podcast lol.

I do question why some posters show up night after night after night to post how much they hate the show. I suspect they are Greg Noory supporters.

TigerLily

When I'm posting here, I'm listening to Amy or an Art Archive. Is that within acceptable parameters?

Nobody

Quote from: Ciardelo on May 31, 2016, 07:55:47 AM
I do question why some posters show up night after night after night to post how much they hate the show.

It might be done for the same reason that people eat corn on the cob using a power drill, wear enormous novelty sombreros, or take up BMX hacky sack: because everyone needs a hobby.

I suspect they are Greg Noory supporters.

That could be.  On the other hand, perhaps it is not necessary to like one talk show host in order to dislike another?

paladin1991

I don't.

I don't hold any animosity towards Red for taking the shot. I applaud her moxie and wish her well. It's just I have a limited number of hours to listen to podcasts and I don't have any more time to waste waiting for her to get better. No biggie. You won't find me bitching about her every night either. It's just a fucking podcast lol.

I do question why some posters show up night after night after night to post how much they hate the show. I suspect they are Greg Noory supporters.
Roger that.  Heather is doing the job.  And none of her detractors are.  They are like that guy down at the corner bar, "Heather doesn't know how to do a radio show" translates to "My wife doesn't understand me."  "Heather doesn't ask the right questions" becomes "My wife doesn't understand me."  "Heather should...." is "My wife doesn't understand me." ;D  And every night like clock work, that dude wanders in and it's "Groundhog Day" all over again for everyone there.

Nobody

Quote from: paladin1991 on May 31, 2016, 10:47:25 AM
And every night like clock work, that dude wanders in and it's "Groundhog Day" all over again for everyone there.

Who?  Wolfman?  ???

Dr. MD MD

Roger that.  Heather is doing the job.  And none of her detractors are.  They are like that guy down at the corner bar, "Heather doesn't know how to do a radio show" translates to "My wife doesn't understand me."  "Heather doesn't ask the right questions" becomes "My wife doesn't understand me."  "Heather should...." is "My wife doesn't understand me." ;D  And every night like clock work, that dude wanders in and it's "Groundhog Day" all over again for everyone there.

While the wife not understanding me part may be true of all of us in one way or another I don't really think she's doing such a great job. Occasionally, she'll have a guest that I find interesting. I thought last night's guest was good and should've kept listening to that but I was also intrigued to hear more about the electrical theory of the universe, of which I knew little about. I was definitely enjoying Heather's guest more but even when I do enjoy her guests I'm just never too impressed with her interviewing skills and technique. So it's gotten to that Dave Noory stage where I have to ask myself, "Is the guest worth it to endure Heather?" I'm not looking for an opportunity to be mean and/or critical just for the sake of it. I'd love to be doing the opposite but I can't pretend just for the sake of being a loyal Art Bell fan either.

73s

Quote from: TigerLily on May 31, 2016, 09:45:07 AM
When I'm posting here, I'm listening to Amy or an Art Archive. Is that within acceptable parameters?

+1

starrmtn001

Last night's show was excellent, I just wish Olav's allergies hadn't kicked up, but shit happens.  He just kept going even thought he was probably hurting.  Again, good job Heather.

Lilith

You don't have to enjoy a host or a guest to enjoy listening to it with other bellgabbers you have gotten to know.  Some people just enjoy listening for the bloops and blunders, or just incase a bellgabber calls in.  Everybody's different.  MV lets us all be different on bellgab. Not everybody has the need to be understood by others.  I get bored REAL fast on Forums where everybodys the same, and everybodys 'politically correct.

Viva la differences.

Praise MV!

Ms. C

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 31, 2016, 12:25:09 AM
That trips me out too. A dog will stick its head out a window at 60mph, but if you puff in their face they go nuts.
Oh yes, it definitely is weird ...  Lol

starrmtn001

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 31, 2016, 12:25:09 AM
That trips me out too. A dog will stick its head out a window at 60mph, but if you puff in their face they go nuts.
Really?  What, exactly is it, that you are puffing into their faces?  ::) ;) ;D

Ms. C

Quote from: starrmtn001 on May 31, 2016, 02:03:40 PM
Really?  What, exactly is it, that you are puffing into their faces?  ::) ;) ;D
All my schnauzers hated that which you are alluding to!  Lolol. 😉😛

Ciardelo

Quote from: TigerLily on May 31, 2016, 09:45:07 AM
Of course! As usual, TigerLily exceeds ALL operating parameters.

Ciardelo

Quote from: Nobody on May 31, 2016, 10:41:04 AM
It might be done for the same reason that people eat corn on the cob using a power drill, wear enormous novelty sombreros, or take up BMX hacky sack: because everyone needs a hobby.
I've done one of those three. You've given me two more items for my bucket list!  :D

Quote from: Nobody on May 31, 2016, 10:41:04 AM
That could be.  On the other hand, perhaps it is not necessary to like one talk show host in order to dislike another?
Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar but since Greg broadcasts opposite of Heather, I don't feel that my thesis is that far off the beam.