• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

BREAKING: Keith Rowland, inept webmaster of artbell.com and owner of the failed DMDN, has been admitted to the ER tonight after suffering third degree burns all over his lumpy body after this exchange on #DMTalk

Please keep him in your imprecatory prayers.

BREAKING: Keith Rowland transferred to the Arizona Burn Center of Maricopa IHS

Continuing coverage at sendamonster.org

73s

So what was the consensus on last night's episode from those who listened? Worth a listen or no?

Quote from: 73s on April 26, 2016, 05:51:53 AM
So what was the consensus on last night's episode from those who listened? Worth a listen or no?

The consensus is Nick Redfern can breathe through his eyelids like a lizard and does not need to take breaths while speaking.

73s

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on April 26, 2016, 06:19:36 AM
The consensus is Nick Redfern can breathe through his eyelids like a lizard and does not need to take breaths while speaking.

Seriously, what is up with these guests that do that shit? Wind them up and they go. I know people don't like HW interjections but the better hosts do have to guide or break that stuff up periodically or it becomes unlistenable.

I opted for a Nerdist podcast interview with Patrick Stewart. That guy is actually really funny, never would have guessed it from his role as Cap'n Picard  :P

You didn't miss much. There was a surprising (20 minute long) revelation about how Texas gets severe weather in spring followed by Redfern rehashing stuff you've heard 100x on Ancient Aliens.

Watch this instead

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3uir5_extras-patrick-stewart-ricky-gervai_shortfilms

73s

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on April 26, 2016, 01:00:13 PM
You didn't miss much. There was a surprising (20 minute long) revelation about how Texas gets severe weather in spring followed by Redfern rehashing stuff you've heard 100x on Ancient Aliens.

Watch this instead

haha, yeah Sir Patrick is great actually, surprisingly funny. I guess because you don't expect him to say expletives or outlandish stuff.

Here's the podcast I mentioned. I listen to the Nerdist fairly regularly, when there's a guest on I like. I've got a 2 hour commute each day and I need a lot of entertainment.
http://hwcdn.libsyn.com/p/1/4/7/147df0028c462346/Nerdist_799_-_Sir_Patrick_Stewart_3.mp3?c_id=11479777&expiration=1461704228&hwt=176724e939dfd61724b48e2d9f7241c9

albrecht

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 26, 2016, 12:43:31 AM
No, that was Dale from Austin. I think it might actually be albrecht, but he won't admit it. He calls a lot.
I assure you it is not me, or is it?  ;) Actually I don't even have Skype. I wish people used landlines or cellphones worked for phone calls. Skype is making mediocre radio shows, and even good ones, bad because the quality is often so bad or there are technical issues.

ziznak

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on April 26, 2016, 06:19:36 AM
I just heard him on some other show on the network like the other day... did the Birnes's interview him?  Anyways, I always listen to his appearances BECAUSE of his encyclopedic knowledge of conspira-woo-annunaki-illuminati stuff.

He's a good story rehasher

K_Dubb

Yeah, I'm glad he refused to let Heather lead him into that silly vimana and Mohenjo Daro nonsense.  He at least sifts the stuff.

In retrospect, though, it would have fleshed out an otherwise-skeletal show, and added to his credibility, if he'd laid out the woo claims and countered them with some of the evidence against them.  That's probably all in his book.  An interviewer who's really interested in the topic would have drawn it out of him whether he wanted or not.

ziznak

Quote from: K_Dubb on April 26, 2016, 02:03:56 PM
Yeah, I'm glad he refused to let Heather lead him into that silly vimana and Mohenjo Daro nonsense.  He at least sifts the stuff.
If you notice Nick never says anything without some sort of clarification involved that removes him from the claim or belief or whatever.  You never hear him say "I think it's this or that"  it's always Nick reporting that "so and so" believe this or "these peoples" had a theory about this and that.  I'm not really complaining I'm just sort of pointing out that he's a great filter for some of this info as he doesn't seem to be invested in anything but collecting it and re-telling it.  He does it rather well so... I've always liked him although he's put me to sleep on the train more than once.

nbirnes

Quote from: ziznak on April 26, 2016, 01:59:30 PM
I just heard him on some other show on the network like the other day... did the Birnes's interview him?  Anyways, I always listen to his appearances BECAUSE of his encyclopedic knowledge of conspira-woo-annunaki-illuminati stuff.

He's a good story rehasher

We have! He's been on four times in the past 6 years, and will be on again soon.

http://www.futuretheater.com/2011/04/02/nick-redfern-48/
http://www.futuretheater.com/2013/06/22/nick-redfern-153/
http://www.futuretheater.com/2014/09/01/nick-redfern-213/
http://www.futuretheater.com/2015/08/17/nick-redfern-261/

ziznak

K_Dubb

Quote from: ziznak on April 26, 2016, 02:15:31 PM
If you notice Nick never says anything without some sort of clarification involved that removes him from the claim or belief or whatever.  You never hear him say "I think it's this or that"  it's always Nick reporting that "so and so" believe this or "these peoples" had a theory about this and that.  I'm not really complaining I'm just sort of pointing out that he's a great filter for some of this info as he doesn't seem to be invested in anything but collecting it and re-telling it.  He does it rather well so... I've always liked him although he's put me to sleep on the train more than once.

I suppose if you had a shelf with all his books you'd have pretty much an encyclopedia of woo, like those old Time Life ones I used to devour.

ItsOver

Quote from: ziznak on April 26, 2016, 02:18:52 PM
Then it couldn't have been you and Bill... and hey Nancy how ya been?  He's got a new book out are you guys gonna have him on anytime soon?
Hehehe.  Great new avatar, Ziz.  MV needs to get busy on the Ziznak Jorch Masterpiece wing of his memorial library.  Right next  to Paper*Boy's Jorch and Tommy Eyepad exhibit.

Kolchak

Quote from: SixWeekTenure(tm) on April 26, 2016, 03:41:46 AM

BREAKING: Keith Rowland transferred to the Arizona Burn Center of Maricopa IHS

Continuing coverage at sendamonster.org

Not surprised that Keith would openly shit on every other host on his network. His temper makes him an easy target for trolling.

trostol

quite cleat that talent acquisition is not part of Keith's repertoire

norland2424

Quote from: trostol on April 26, 2016, 05:35:35 PM
quite cleat that talent acquisition is not part of Keith's repertoire

That dmtalker had a point tho, keith has just ridden Arts coattails.

zeebo

Quote from: norland2424 on April 26, 2016, 06:00:38 PM

C'mon now, only tech geniuses can master that HTML stuff, with all those bolds and italics and such.

Taco Bell

Finally listened to the Tony Montana episode. Pretty interesting, would listen to that guy tell stories anytime. So many tie-ins to places around the Midwest.

Wished she didn't jump around so much on the interview.

trostol

Quote from: Taco Bell on April 26, 2016, 08:15:27 PM
Finally listened to the Tony Montana episode. Pretty interesting, would listen to that guy tell stories anytime. So many tie-ins to places around the Midwest.

Wished she didn't jump around so much on the interview.

lol you liked that guy?

Lilith

Quote from: zeebo on April 26, 2016, 06:22:17 PM
C'mon now, only tech geniuses can master that HTML stuff, with all those bolds and italics and such.

FIFY

Quote from: norland2424 on April 26, 2016, 06:00:38 PM

But so does this website.

nbirnes

Quote from: ziznak on April 26, 2016, 02:18:52 PM
Then it couldn't have been you and Bill... and hey Nancy how ya been?  He's got a new book out are you guys gonna have him on anytime soon?

You bet! We have a show about pot coming up next, and things should look pretty flowery after that.

Lilith

Quote from: zeebo on April 26, 2016, 09:20:00 PM
Haha wow, you're qualified for dmrn tech support!   :D

They can't afford me.  8)

Quote from: SixWeekTenure(tm) on April 26, 2016, 01:38:05 AM

BREAKING: Keith Rowland, inept webmaster of artbell.com and owner of the failed DMDN, has been admitted to the ER tonight after suffering third degree burns all over his lumpy body after this exchange on #DMTalk

Please keep him in your imprecatory prayers.

$500? Overpriced; take the deal Keith. Take the deal and be done with it...

Taco Bell

Quote from: trostol on April 26, 2016, 08:16:54 PM
lol you liked that guy?

At least it wasn't 3 hours of made up bullshit that wasn't at least possible.