• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Uncle Duke

Quote from: nooryisawesome on March 24, 2016, 10:47:38 AM
Who does? Even Schrader has gone to making it abundantly clear Warren is a paid sponsor when he has his promotional give always of "wishing machines".

Honestly, if any of these host were self respecting they would not affiliate with Warren.

Warren is the biggest sham artist on paranormal radio, only an idiot would buy into his laboratory in NC, wishing machines, and missions to Puerto Rico.  Seeing as how he seemingly is making a living with his schtick, however, must mean there are a lot of idiots digging the act.

Dyna-X

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on March 24, 2016, 11:16:46 AM
Would anybody feel different about the Titor show if (rather than taking out her anger over this debacle by getting pissy with callers) she acknowledged what a car wreck it was and had some fun with it?

At this point she can't afford to alienate any more listeners.

The last two shows were her worst. She's jumped the shark as far as I can tell.  Its safe to say we now have Coasting in the Desert.

Dyna-X

Quote from: Uncle Duke on March 24, 2016, 11:24:23 AM
Warren is the biggest sham artist on paranormal radio, only an idiot would buy into his laboratory in NC, wishing machines, and missions to Puerto Rico.  Seeing as how he seemingly is making a living with his schtick, however, must mean there are a lot of idiots digging the act.

Coasting in the Desert continues.  This is the epitome of the kind of personality that is making the paranormal into a carnaval in a muddy field.

Quote from: Dyna-X on March 24, 2016, 11:21:29 AM
Last night's icing on the cake - Kecksburgs!
Anything with 'Kek' in it activates her 4chan dump button spidey senses

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Dyna-X on March 24, 2016, 11:38:41 AM
Coasting in the Desert continues.  This is the epitome of the kind of personality that is making the paranormal into a carnaval in a muddy field.

Absolutely

Dyna-X

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on March 24, 2016, 11:38:56 AM
Anything with 'Kek' in it activates her 4chan dump button spidey senses

I heard her use the dump button a few times last night, probably to dump as many of her own angry words as the callers.

trostol

Quote from: dan7800 on March 24, 2016, 08:27:10 AM
Heather is no Art, and the last few nights have been bad. However, I blame the guests more than Heather.

We all remember Art with nostalgia and remember only the best shows due to U7's replays and our favorites. We forget the shows which were total garbage. I recall Art having a Physicist on the show discussing a topic, only to have a called with a PHD in that area totally debunk him. During a break, Art went  into open lines.

In a way, I don't want Art to come back. Heather is there, every night. For better or for worse. Art would just break our hearts again.

blaming the guests is fine...and part of what i said is wrong with the show..but in the end that rolls right back to..Heather..because she is also producing...so it is the same old circuit people over and over..same old nostalgia guests..Art got all praising when he said she had a big get in Titot..but honestly at the time the big get was a NG Tyson, Kaku..but he wasnt as pumped up for them in terms of .."advertising" it...she still is trying to be..Art...she desperately needs a good producer there

trostol

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on March 24, 2016, 11:16:46 AM
Would anybody feel different about the Titor show if (rather than taking out her anger over this debacle by getting pissy with callers) she acknowledged what a car wreck it was and had some fun with it?

At this point she can't afford to alienate any more listeners.

dunno...at first she was asking people not to be rude or mean..then she was railing on him after..she didn't HAVE to take calls..she could have just gone back to asking him questions..but not sure she was prepared enough for something like that...not sure you can continue with half the show being callers asking questions for the host

Any capable producer would give this mess a wide berth. She should take a leaf out of Art's book and make one of the sorcery net geeks her producer

TigerLily

Quote from: littlechris on March 24, 2016, 01:22:21 AM
If Art wants to keep her at the helm, fine. But he needs to at least hire an experienced producer to book credible, interesting guests. The show has become a new age type program with topics that heather, being a witch, would enjoy.  It's no longer a paranormal based show.
Where is Saucy Rossy? He was Producer Extraordinaire for osom. Actually Art and Rossy would be a dream team but Ross could make mitd with Heather a success

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on March 24, 2016, 11:54:51 AM
Any capable producer would give this mess a wide berth. She should take a leaf out of Art's book and make one of the sorcery net geeks her producer

As a natural complainer, I'd complain about pretty much any show and host. However, the callers seem to be really happy with MiTD.

TigerLily

Quote from: trostol on March 24, 2016, 11:48:00 AM
dunno...at first she was asking people not to be rude or mean..then she was railing on him after..she didn't HAVE to take calls..she could have just gone back to asking him questions..but not sure she was prepared enough for something like that...not sure you can continue with half the show being callers asking questions for the host
I thought it odd how the last few weeks Heather has gone so quickly to open lines. But I came to the same conclusion. She may be going to callers early because she has difficulty with having a quality conversation with interesting questions. I can hear Coach Bell telling her "when in doubt, you can always take calls". Unfortunately she is not very comfortable with callers either.
I reiterate what has been said many times. This is too bright a spotlight for a newcomer to learn her craft. Very tough for Heather.

Auslandia

Quote from: TigerLily on March 24, 2016, 12:19:44 PM
I thought it odd how the last few weeks Heather has gone so quickly to open lines. But I came to the same conclusion. She may be going to callers early because she has difficulty with having a quality conversation with interesting questions. I can hear Coach Bell telling her "when in doubt, you can always take calls". Unfortunately she is not very comfortable with callers either.
I reiterate what has been said many times. This is too bright a spotlight for a newcomer to learn her craft. Very tough for Heather.

That may have something to do with it you're right.  Conversely if the guest is a snoozer, she probably takes some calls to inject a little energy into the show. 

I think last night she just really wanted Titor to be the real deal so she was holding out.

Quote from: Juan Cena on March 23, 2016, 10:58:32 PM
Well I'm a little concerned about how thin of ice I'm on after last night.
How thin ? What did you do ?  lol I missed this.  :'(

VtaGeezer

I can rarely listen to MITD for more than half an hour before abandoning it.  Wade's hosting skills are still a mystery.  Amateurish is too charitable. In her opening last night, she gushed about her long fascination with Titor but couldn't pronounce his (ahem) name correctly?  The nightly routine of bumbling drivel should embarrass Bell and Rowland (I suspect KR is between a rock and hard place). All the while Hoagie chugs along with a decent show at an ungodly time. And Noory is still chuckling.

nathan

I missed the episode-- doesn't sound like it went well. Is it "so bad it's good"-- funny callers or anything? Wondering if I should waste a couple hours on it or not.

Quote from: nathan on March 24, 2016, 01:13:21 PM
I missed the episode-- doesn't sound like it went well. Is it "so bad it's good"-- funny callers or anything? Wondering if I should waste a couple hours on it or not.

The live experience was fun.

Dyna-X

Quote from: Auslandia on March 24, 2016, 12:31:44 PM
That may have something to do with it you're right.  Conversely if the guest is a snoozer, she probably takes some calls to inject a little energy into the show. 

I think last night she just really wanted Titor to be the real deal so she was holding out.

Heather seemed to be hoping he was real as much as we keep hoping as we listen things will suddenly all fit into place for the show as a whole.  It reminds me of this Sufi story:

One day people founded Mullah Nasruddin pouring the remains of his yogurt into the lake.
Mullah Nasruddin , what are you doing? A man asked.
I am turning the lake into yogurt, Mullah Nasruddin replied.
Can a little bit of yeast ferment the great river? The man asked while others laughed at Mullah Nasruddin .
You never know perhaps it might, Mullah Nasruddin replied, but what if it should!

Auslandia

Quote from: VtaGeezer on March 24, 2016, 01:08:33 PM
I can rarely listen to MITD for more than half an hour before abandoning it.  Wade's hosting skills are still a mystery.  Amateurish is too charitable. In her opening last night, she gushed about her long fascination with Titor but couldn't pronounce his (ahem) name correctly?  The nightly routine of bumbling drivel should embarrass Bell and Rowland (I suspect KR is between a rock and hard place). All the while Hoagie chugs along with a decent show at an ungodly time. And Noory is still chuckling.

She addressed the pronunciation of his name and said that Titor told her it was specifically pronounced "Tighter"

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on March 24, 2016, 12:05:33 PM
As a natural complainer, I'd complain about pretty much any show and host. However, the callers seem to be really happy with MiTD.

So do the callers to C2C.

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on March 24, 2016, 01:16:19 AM
Art needed to call in. Tonight was just sad flailing. He needed to step up to the plate and make the save for her.

If she can't stand on her own after booking someone that was clearly a liar from word one or being able to handle the callers criticizing her guest, she shouldn't be doing the show at all. I'd love to see Heather's list of questions where she vetted John Tie-Door to convince her that she was speaking to the real deal.

nbirnes

Quote from: Juan Cena on March 23, 2016, 10:58:32 PM
Well I'm a little concerned about how thin of ice I'm on after last night.

That's sad. You're a welcome caller ... maybe you could test the temperatures by giving a shout-out to all of us here at BellGab?

trostol

wow..just...wow

Heather Wade
26 mins ·
John Titor was my guest, and he was attacked by callers for nothing more than telling his story last night. I want to have him back on and will not tolerate my guests being treated that way.

Quote from: trostol on March 24, 2016, 01:42:35 PM
wow..just...wow

Heather Wade
26 mins ·
John Titor was my guest, and he was attacked by callers for nothing more than telling his story last night. I want to have him back on and will not tolerate my guests being treated that way.

Hah! It keeps getting better and better.

Taco Bell

wow..just...wow

Heather Wade
26 mins ·

Telling his story that was a complete fabrication, based on the lie claiming to be someone he's not.

We Story Tellers in the Desert now?

Uncle Duke

wow..just...wow

Heather Wade
26 mins ·

Out of curiosity, how many calls were taken and how many of those callers were Bellgabbers?

K_Dubb

wow..just...wow

Heather Wade
26 mins ·

That can't be real.  She can't possibly be that tone-deaf.  She was certainly willing to take compliments on her courage for dumping him last night.

Quote from: K_Dubb on March 24, 2016, 01:51:44 PM
That can't be real.  She can't possibly be that tone-deaf.  She was certainly willing to take compliments on her courage for dumping him last night.

trostol

Quote from: K_Dubb on March 24, 2016, 01:55:25 PM
Yeah, you've faked stuff before.

nah thats legit if i knew how to do that photo thingy i woulda done it