• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Quote from: GravitySucks on March 10, 2016, 12:55:55 AM
Hey 21CM. Glad you joined us. Thanks for sharing. I don't believe in reincarnation, at least not in this life, but two places I have not been able to set foot on are Gettysburg and Antietam. I have been researching which units fought at both battles. So far I have found one from Massachusetts and one from Minnesota. Haven't checked the Confederate ones yet.

If reincarnation is real, I was at Antietam and died at Gettysburg. I base that on the strength of emotions I got from the two. I recognized the area around Antietam before I knew where I was. I planned several jaunts to Gettysburg when I was working in WV, but could never complete the trip. Just overcome with anxiety.

Happy to join you. The atmosphere in Gettysburg is different but I can't put my finger on it.  While my wife stayed at the hotel in the middle of the night, I did venture onto the roads that run through the battlefield and it was kind of creepy but nothing much happened.  I investigated Devil's Den in the dark and came up with nothing.  I checked out another area of the battlefield with some others and we got some responses on the ghostbox but nothing else of any significance happened.  I don't know what I think about the ghostbox.  It seems rather hinky to me.

The most unusual experience that I had at a battlefield was at Kennesaw Mountain Battlefield.  It was early November and I was at the Cheatham Hill section of the park.  It doesn't close until 8:30 but it was completely dark at 7.  I stayed and turned on my EMF meter and sat down and just waited.  7:30, then 8:15 came and nothing had happened.  I got ready to go and as I'm walking back to the car,  the smell of flowers engulfs me and then my EMF meter starts going off like crazy.  Goosebumps broke out on my skin and my hairs were standing straight and it was as if something passed through me.  If I had stayed there a few more seconds, I'm sure I would have seen something.  I ran like hell to my car yelling God bless you and thank you for your service.  I haven't gone back since but I want to.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: TigerLily on March 10, 2016, 01:11:53 AM
Specist! Peter was trying to teach her dolphinese but obviously she was too dumb

Orcas try to communicate with us all the time, trouble is they don't realize that our language isn't outboard motor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3X8nIXTtgBk

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: GravitySucks on March 10, 2016, 01:08:24 AM
It's hard to say, because like I said, I don't have any belief in reincarnation. I have an open mind to most phenomena. At times I do have sensitivities that I can't explain.  You may be right, because my life experiences allow me to be more open to psychic phenomena.

I know what you mean. It doesn't make sense to my rational side and yet there are some things about me that are hard to explain or understand through genetics or conditioning alone that I'll sometimes entertain reincarnation as a possible explanation...but then my rational side will respond that it's more likely due to the complexity of my genes and that I don't get to know who may have contributed to it beyond a couple generations. It's complicated being me  :P

Quote from: akwilly on March 10, 2016, 01:00:39 AM
Maybe because the lighthouse is close to water it could help explain the temperature change?

Florida Gulf stream temps are warm in October.  That part of the ocean never freezes or gets close to freezing.  May get down to the low 60's but not any lower and that  would happen in late winter if ever.

Quote from: TigerLily on March 10, 2016, 01:06:21 AM
Uh huh
Since we're sharing, I grew up with a ghost. When I was 9 we moved into a house where the previous owners,  the mom had died. They had a daughter a few years older than me. I have 9 years worth of ghost stories just from there

Do tell.  We'd love to hear some stories.

GravitySucks

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on March 10, 2016, 01:14:53 AM
Orcas try to communicate with us all the time, trouble is they don't realize that our language isn't outboard motor.

That is amazing and profoundly sad at the same time.

akwilly

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 10, 2016, 01:15:46 AM
I know what you mean. It doesn't make sense to my rational side and yet there are some things about me that are hard to explain or understand through genetics or conditioning alone that I'll sometimes entertain reincarnation as a possible explanation...but then my rational side will respond that it's more likely due to the complexity of my genes and that I don't get to know who may have contributed to it beyond a couple generations. It's complicated being me  :P
We are born with natural instincts maybe passed to us through our genes. Maybe memories are past down generations through genes. I'm no scientist, just a thought.

TigerLily

Quote from: GravitySucks on March 10, 2016, 01:10:13 AM
Wow... Now I will be waiting for you to call in.
lol. Not likely. Very amazing experience you've had. You still have that southern officer and gentleman vibe.
I pretty much believe in past lives but closest experience I had like yours was going to Hawaii was like going home. Especially Big Island windward

Belles

Hmm, sharing.  I have always had some sort of 'communication' with spirits(?).  Mostly family.  After my mom died my sister told me that she had told her she always thought I could feel and hear things but didn't want to.

I also had some sort of ufo sighting (my first) over a month ago coming home from  Houston one night.

Shared.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: GravitySucks on March 10, 2016, 01:18:25 AM
That is amazing and profoundly sad at the same time.

You want sad, it's believed that dolphins are only about 100,000 years behind us as far as brain evolution. But they can never create a civilization due to their physiology, they have no thumbs and can't fashion tools. So in the future, they will be just as intelligent as us, but will have to spend millions of years living naturally until they develop something more than fins to build stuff with.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 10, 2016, 01:15:46 AM

I have a theory I haven't been able to make much headway on, and that is the theory that water molecules have memory. Virtually all of the water that has ever been on the planet is still here. We are over 90% water. If water had memory, it may explain things like deja vu and past life regressions.

I know it's out there in the woo woo, but I let my mind wander on it at times.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: akwilly on March 10, 2016, 01:18:36 AM
We are born with natural instincts maybe passed to us through our genes. Maybe memories are past down generations through genes. I'm no scientist, just a thought.

Definite possibility. I'm also inclined to believe that the collective unconscious is perhaps more literal than metaphoric...but I vacillate on this sometimes too  ;)

akwilly

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on March 10, 2016, 01:21:56 AM
You want sad, it's believed that dolphins are only about 100,000 years behind us as far as brain evolution. But they can never create a civilization due to their physiology, they have no thumbs and can't fashion tools. So in the future, they will be just as intelligent as us, but will have to spend millions of years living naturally until they develop something more than fins to build stuff with.
Couldn't they get crabs and such to build what they want?

TigerLily

Quote from: Belles on March 10, 2016, 01:19:26 AM
Hmm, sharing.  I have always had some sort of 'communication' with spirits(?).  Mostly family.  After my mom died my sister told me that she had told her she always thought I could feel and hear things but didn't want to.

I also had some sort of ufo sighting (my first) over a month ago coming home from  Houston one night.

Shared.
Thanks, belles. I bet lots of people have paranormal abilities/experiences but we're too afraid of ridicule. If so, paranormal is normal

Taco Bell

Quote from: akwilly on March 10, 2016, 01:23:28 AM
Couldn't they get crabs and such to build what they want?

Sounds like an itchy situation.

Quote from: Taco Bell on March 10, 2016, 01:15:58 AM
What kind of ghost box you using?

Oh, it wasn't mine.  I haven't made up my mind about them.  It may have been a Frank's box.  Whatever the voice was, it seemed to respond to me and only me.  Everybody else tried and got no response.  It was creepy but not convincing.  My EMF meter responded very little that night.

GravitySucks

Shared.

Oh, you are not done sharing friend... Did you make a report on your sighting?  Details are expected.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: GravitySucks on March 10, 2016, 01:22:31 AM
I have a theory I haven't been able to make much headway on, and that is the theory that water molecules have memory. Virtually all of the water that has ever been on the planet is still here. We are over 90% water. If water had memory, it may explain things like deja vu and past life regressions.

I think experiments have been done that have demonstrated this kind of molecular memory, even in water. Not sure about this though. It is an interesting theory.

TigerLily

Have you seen "What the Bleep Do We Know?" TigerLily recommendation

GravitySucks

Nights like this are very memorable. Thanks for the open dialog and idea sharing.

Dr. MD MD

Shared.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b447N8v69tE

akwilly

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 10, 2016, 01:27:12 AM
I think experiments have been done that have demonstrated this kind of molecular memory, even in water. Not sure about this though. It is an interesting theory.
I think some Japanese guy was on C2C explaining this. Maybe a year or so ago.

SciFiAuthor

I'd be more inclined to suspect that we live in a computer simulation and deja vu and related phenomenon are perhaps explainable by being able to access more than just the "present", which physics tells us doesn't actually exist. I'm not just whistling Dixie:

http://www.space.com/30124-is-our-universe-a-fake.html

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2012-10/11/universe-computer-simulation

GravitySucks

Quote from: TigerLily on March 10, 2016, 01:27:18 AM
Have you seen "What the Bleep Do We Know?" TigerLily recommendation

No, was that in the "I'm watching/just watched"  thread, or was that a homework assignment that I overlooked?

Taco Bell

Quote from: 21st Century Man on March 10, 2016, 01:24:46 AM
Oh, it wasn't mine.  I haven't made up my mind about them.  It may have been a Frank's box.  Whatever the voice was, it seemed to respond to me and only me.  Everybody else tried and got no response.  It was creepy but not convincing.  My EMF meter responded very little that night.

Made it out to Gettysburg on a class field trip in 5th grade. Been wanting to make it back. Always had a draw to the Civil War time period, I remember checking out books about it from the library as far back as 2nd grade. The pics facinated me, the faces were so haunting. There was a thicker book that had full color artist renderings of battles, probably checked that one out once a month.

Are they pretty open to investigations at these sites?

K_Dubb

How come that English dude can put an extra r in dater but can't say it in smaht phone and anywheah?

GravitySucks

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 10, 2016, 01:27:12 AM

I have seen the pictures of ice crystals taken in Japan that grow in different shapes, seemingly influenced by different types of music.

Quote from: GravitySucks on March 10, 2016, 01:01:07 AM
It is hard to describe. Even more than anxiety. More like dread.

Interesting.  It definitely sounds like you are picking up on something.  I didn't have those feelings at Gettysburg.  The atmosphere was unusual but I never felt dread there.  What is interesting is that there are a lot of adjacent private plots of land that were part of the battlefield but the owners held on to the property and passed it down. Did you just feel it only in the actual park or did you have the feeling when driving on some roads close the park?  Sounds like you felt what my wife felt at the St. Augustine Lighthouse.