• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Quote from: MattyBrown on July 13, 2020, 10:22:58 AM
Rubini, you can say whatever you want about me and what I think. But you're the guy who apparently thought people were gonna pay $5 subscriptions to listen to Alex Stein irritate them.

You also thought 5 phone lines was necessary on a fledgling show reboot with a handful of callers.

#ButThat'sBecauseThat'sTheWayArtDidIt!!!!

the BellGab HOTLINE should be a fixture on every podcast. just sayin.

Lilith

Quote from: Richard Groyper on July 13, 2020, 10:26:14 AM

When I heard Young Stolp answer "West of the Rockies, You're ON THE AIR" it sounded like music, like he had been saying it for decades.

#MusicToMyEars

#YoungRubini

#YoungStolp

artbell_ghost

I HAVE BEEN GIVEN PERMISSION TO SHARE THIS

THE SALE IS AT RISK. HOPES ARE AN ANNOUNCEMENT WILL HAPPEN TOMORROW FOR OBVIOUS REASONS BUT THERE IS ONE PARTY THAT IS TRYING TO BLOCK OR MAKE THE SALE NOT FINANCIALLY REASONABLE. LET EVERYONE KNOW WE ARE WORKING TO MAKE THE BEST DECISION POSSIBLE. ALL FUNDS PLEDGED FOR A GROUP PURCHASE WILL BE REFUNDED MINUS FEES.

Quote from: Richard Groyper on July 13, 2020, 10:26:14 AM
Agreed. They should also take our music requests. Praise MV.

Mr. Rubini, i left you a motivational voice-mail.

#SellYourself
#YoungRubini

Spookcat

Quote from: Jackrabbit on July 13, 2020, 01:14:08 AM
Imagine how much fun it could be to have it explained. Then, double that. Then, imagine listening to the explanation for free after someone worked on it diligently for 23 years.

Not a great deal for the intellectual laborer then, eh? So, here's a part of the rundown. I was using a walkie-talkie app with my GF, and after 3 years or so of this, one of her sons said to her, "Jack's voice sounds sinister over the app." When I heard this, I laughed and laughed--because the reason why I sounded "sinister" to him was largely due to what kinds of things I would talk to his mother about, rather than my actual tone.

At least, that was my understanding. Knowing what I sound like were I to be actually "sinister" I decided to start shouting in ALL CAPS and referring to myself as SINISTAR simply because it amused me. Jackstar... Sinistar... one of these was a classic intellectual property in the 1980s, and the other one is me. Making "SILLYSTAR" the final form of "SINISTAR" was always part of my initial spark of imagination. Now, there's no guarantee that this was ever going to entertain anyone. However, it's entertaining me now. Further, as a Gemini, I am entitled to several more names than I am presently using, and as a long-time forum resident who has, in fact, donated actual cash to its operation, I believe I am entitled to some... forum flair. Also after 35 years of non-use, I wanna find out who owns the rights to that IP, and spamming in all caps seems like the most expedient method to find out. Perhaps they'll send me a T-shirt.

SINISTAR HUNGERS FOR FORUM FLAIR. RAWR. Et cetera. The joke here is that, while I did in fact claim that I wanted "forum flair" at one point... I seek nothing of the kind. I prefer this place and its large inability for post authors to differentiate themselves from other users with the web forum software. Mostly. Anyway, the other stuff that you "didn't understand" was a coded message that I doubt only two or three people on the planet could figure out at all, and they'd have to actually come to this site and read it. For the rest of you... eh, consider it like one of those "numbers stations" that have been around for years and years. Except I'm being creative and these days, that's some hard tack to come by. What's that going to do to the economy, if everyone started creating new stuff? Can you imagine all the sanitizing that would have to go on?

I do hope that clears it up for you. It's only been recently that I have been informed that I must eschew profanity, intentional obtuseness, and the consumption of my own essence. SINISTAR HUNGERS FOR ITS OWN BRUTAL ESSENCE. So, what can I say? I sacrificed SillyStar instead--it didn't really fit my brand, anyway. There is nothing at all silly about broadcasting coded messages over an open channel. This happens all the time. What usually doesn't happen all the time is that I wanna turn it into an ARG with my GF's (CLASSIFIED)(CLASSIFIED) as a prize. But that's really just something I'm developing on the side while I fill up the whitespace here. Believe me, if this were more boring than the (CLASSIFIED) thread or the (CLASSIFIED) forum feud or even the jokes about Liberace! this shit would not fly for a minute. However... this is BellGab, and the bar has been set obscenely low. Thanks, Troopers! Talk about a clean field. Yeesh.

Hi Nathan. Welcome to the party, Pal. I know, I know: wtf, right? Have a seat over there next to spookcat. You two can negotiate who gets to be Statler and who gets to be Waldorf. Obviously, with the clear power vacuum in force here, it is time to rebuild the forum cliques, one pair of snarky, mildly informed observers at a time. Or I guess you can listen to Heather Wade and/or George Snoory. Or whatever else it is that brings people to this particularly vile corner of the Internet. Surely, it's not just me. Although, at one point... it was. Wasn't that fun? Let's do that again! Let's do it right! Let's do it so people actually figure it out. Insistar? Is that a cool name? Maybe I should make a poll. We have those, right? Is a poll like forum flair? Yeah, close enough.

To what? Rush? Abba? Well, whatever, thanks for the coded message, Pard. Do you have any spare pairs of glasses? My yard is full of rabbits.

Okay. 🙂

Spookcat

Quote from: WOTR on July 13, 2020, 02:09:27 AM
I've had this feeling for awhile now. I have a few guesses who the owner is- but it boils down to Noory being the prime candidate.

Noory- rakes in a butt load of cash. Can afford to pay Keith a few dollars to take the network off his hands. Now owns a few Bell shows (what better way to say FU to a dead guy who didn't kiss your ass.) Does not need the network to make $. Would know who best to troll Bellgab thinking it is revenge instead of fun for us.

MV- Not active enough lately, and I don't think he cares enough anymore.

Heather- I don't think Keith would sell to her. She would need the network to make $ more than she would want to use it to troll.

Bart Ell- Maybe? It would be funny if he knew that the people on Ellgab would not appreciate performance Art like BG and had to bring the "fight" here.

Groyper- Now THAT would be funny.

Bart revealed on E.G. That he was offered the network when Keith was looking for a buyer, but turned it down.

MattyBrown

No disrespect to any of you because you all seem like such lovely people, but a lotta y'all seem pretty stuck in the past.

That's not the way to pioneer new, provocative, top-tier entertainment.

Rubini's instincts with YoungStolp are the equivalent of a manager finding a young, up-and-coming-band with a unique sound and then converting them into a Van Halen cover band so boomers can drink to them at a bar.

Lilith

Quote from: Spookcat on July 13, 2020, 10:37:42 AM
Bart revealed on E.G. That he was offered the network when Keith was looking for a buyer, but turned it down.

No surprises there.

I can think of only one person really that would retain any passion for this network.

Lilith

Quote from: DAVID RUBINI on July 13, 2020, 10:48:25 AM
I tried to talk to THAT person earlier today ... they don't REALLY give a fuck anymore... ???

I know of another one though that truly does give a fuck.... I know him very well.

Fuck MV!

#MikeInMontana perhaps?

Lilith

Quote from: DAVID RUBINI on July 13, 2020, 10:54:18 AM
nah, I seriously doubt it.... not anymore...

Fuck MV!

#Whitley?

#Hoagie?

#ArtBell?

Mr. Rubini, i have made a serious purchase offer for the network via your voice-mail.

Jackstar

Quote from: artbell_ghost on July 13, 2020, 10:28:49 AM
THE SALE IS AT RISK. [...] LET EVERYONE KNOW WE ARE WORKING TO MAKE THE BEST DECISION POSSIBLE.

Take off and nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be at all relevant. Chloroform, cuffs, chainsaw. Or... wait, did you try that already? I mean, of course you did. How droll.

ALL FUNDS PLEDGED FOR A GROUP PURCHASE WILL BE REFUNDED MINUS FEES.

How can anyone have this much spare time, spare money, and a complete and total lack of self-respect just, you know, lying around? It's almost like you've all banded together in order to compensate for something you're all desperately in need of. Have you ever thought of the gun range? It's nice, makes for a pleasant afternoon, experience some healthy aggression, glance around at everyone, see who has a touch of the pea tea ess dee, see who's a psycho killer, qu'est-ce que c'est?

I mean that's probably not going to narrow it down much, but still. Something bonding. Something with closeness. Something with some measure of heart. But instead, and--now let me get this straight--the actual amount of money at issue is somehow... limited? Like you're all breaking open your piggy banks? Oh, that's rich.

Look, I'll tell you what. Can I interest you in a house? It's got ghosts, it's got cobwebs, it's got my baby pictures--you'll love it. LOVE IT. You can make it into your new remote cuck temple. Cuck palace. Cuck castle? Well, I don't have any minarets, but it does have an imposing presence. Everyone knows me on my block, I'm the guy who DGASF. Trust me, you will earn your group some instant street credit. Also, the lich is probably going to come back here at some point, y'all can set up cameras. It could be an event! At the minimum, the land itself is worth 1200 trillion dollars, but I think you'll have to go to court in Yemen to get access. Can't help you there--how can you buy or sell the sky? The ways of the land squatters are strange to me, although it reminds me strikingly of fifth grade.

THERE IS ONE PARTY THAT IS TRYING TO BLOCK OR MAKE THE SALE NOT FINANCIALLY REASONABLE

Do you have any PCP left? Barring that, perhaps you could try writing a nice letter without caps lock. You know, create a rapport. Build camaraderie. Look to the party's interests. Have you tried asking? "Hi, what's your angle here?" I mean, if they're just being troublesome, that is one thing, but perhaps there is a reason to their method.

Alternately, it's lizards. I'm gonna restate the orbital bombing method. Literally, what do you have to lose? It's already a circus sideshow carnival freakshow. I don't think keeping anything on the DL is gonna help any. Ask Universe for the real deal. Be here now. No one cares about any of your past shadow dancing, except for the rare, driven freak who thinks he's owed something. How many of those can there even be?

I'll put in a nickel. That'll sweeten the deal. What are you even buying? Can't you just, like, trick them into signing needlessly restrictive NCAs? That always worked before. Look, y'all make up your minds and get back to me. And by "back to me" I just mean pucker up your lips and blow. My Oompa Loompas will respond instinctively to your piercing wail of aid-seeking. Just keep it together a little while longer, this is the home stretch.

I am the most reasonable and understanding of men.

Quote from: MattyBrown on July 13, 2020, 10:22:58 AM
Rubini [...] guy who apparently thought people were gonna pay $5 subscriptions [...] thought 5 phone lines was necessary

These are rookie numbers. And, what, no shortwave? Weak. I'm actually not even sure why any of you are even bothering at this point. You're all just keeping the PCP for yourselves, aren't you? Yeah, I figured you'd have a company policy.

Jackstar

Quote from: DAVID RUBINI on July 13, 2020, 11:03:07 AM
We gotta get this Mike Marshalek bozo immediately over to the sidelines asap

Oh, here, I can help with this. How's his chess game? In any case, I can just keep him occupied until his logic circuits overload while you all fill your pockets with dragon's gold and run for the exits. I'm at a quarter chub just planning out the carpool assignments.

Give him my number. And don't let him just say "yeah, I'll play chess, that sounds like fun." No, get a contract out there. Get him to sign on the line which is dotted. Then you're safe. Because paper.

MattyBrown

I'm gonna duck out... Rubini's imagining me to be someone I'm not because he clearly suffers from delusional paranoia. And no one told me to think that... I figured it out for myself listening to him frantically try to control that call in show where he made such an ass of himself.

I'm a long time Lift the Veil fan. I subscribed to MITD for Nathan Stolpman. Deliver me what I'm paying for or be prepared to issue refunds, motherfucker.

Jackstar

Quote from: MattyBrown on July 13, 2020, 11:09:33 AM
frantically try to control that call in show

If any of you ever hear me sounding anything like that, please have me hung by the neck until dead immediately. I am much more urbane and commanding while in Lich Mode. Thanks in advance. Oh! Make sure the phylactery is somewhere within 50 yards, and kept well away from anyone wearing a skirt or kilt. Or you could just have me stabbed in the throat. I hear that works in a pinch.

In any event I didn't find that level of incompetence to be realistic anyway. Was it a brainslug? Please tell me it was a brainslug. That would be epic.

DynamoHum

Quote from: DAVID RUBINI on July 13, 2020, 10:41:18 AM
Yeah, thanks "Matty"

Or, is it William perhaps? LoL

We'll get to you BILL a little later...

And, yes.. Ok Dynamo!

I will get my facts straight.

I honestly just assumed you specialized in shitting on Heather?

Semantics?

Do you ever lift her up?

Or, is that never your aim?

Could she EVER do ANYTHING to get your respect and praise?  If so, what exactly?

There's no right or wrong answer and you don't even have to reply...

Anyways, just like with all the other "Matty's" out there..

It's super EZ to be a name-calling cunt

In my case, a name calling dick.

Par for the course-

I just hope I never hear Matty's thoughts directed my way again. WTF

I mean is THIS BellGab?

OH Fuck... what am I doin' here?

R I C H A R D ! ! !

It would be great if the Matty's "got" it and appreciated the work Vs. regurgitate the lie they perceive as fact just because an UNAPPRECIATIVE ungrateful host talks unnecessary shit to cover his rude, disrespectful, arrogant, bad tude.

If ya only knew the REAL truth....

Not so pretty

#MasksAreForFags

Fuck MV!

So if you knew anything about me and my history here or at EG, you would know I have in fact praised her for manner in talking to certain individuals who have called in who clearly have issues and her patience with them.

I like her DJ skills, and I have mentioned that here. but let’s not the facts get in the way of your trying to make some kind of point :)

Jackstar

Quote from: MattyBrown on July 13, 2020, 11:09:33 AM
I'm a long time Lift the Veil fan.

I'm prepared to worship him as Big Brother and follow his commandments to defeat the menace of Goldstein. This will do nicely until the new Max Headroom build is released. I heard it can--and will--actually fart at random intervals after anyone mentions any food item or Nancy Pelosi.

This excites the listener. Focus groups prove it.

Jackstar

Quote from: DynamoHum on July 13, 2020, 11:18:16 AM
let’s not the facts get in the way

How droll. Where's that Miltown? I'll take a hammer to the face instead, the faster mercy is desirable.

Jackstar

Quote from: DynamoHum on July 13, 2020, 11:18:16 AM
So if you knew anything about me and my history here or at EG

Consider the experience of those who simply do not consider these other, lesser sites to be relevant or canon to the narrative, because without framing your narrative here, your context is even more out of bounds than it might be otherwise.

Basically any one who posts, peruses, or, heavens forfend, perfers EllGab is an abject Mongoloid retard with no hope nor help of making any valid points whatsoever. I feel like it's strange that you're not even acknowledging that, as if it were not settled science. Wild. Are you aware that you're hallucinating? It's probably all that PCP you're blazing up. You should start a regimen, keep it steady.

Lilith

Quote from: DAVID RUBINI on July 13, 2020, 10:54:18 AM
nah, I seriously doubt it.... not anymore...

Fuck MV!

#WhiteCrow?

DynamoHum

Quote from: DAVID RUBINI on July 13, 2020, 11:23:56 AM
Alrighty Dynamo!

You're a fan basically.

I get it.

Or is it Anti-fan ?

Almost the same thing sometimes.

Where would I find your work you often refer to?

I'll chk it out!

Where's Bill or "Matty" ?

Ducked out?

FuckMV!

Here and on EllGab, and my small and unassuming podcast ... you have google you will work it out.

Lilith

Quote from: Jackrabbit on July 13, 2020, 11:25:52 AM
Consider the experience of those who simply do not consider these other, lesser sites to be relevant or canon to the narrative...

#PraiseMV!

AZZERAE

Very disappointed with Richard's recent commentary on homosexual sex. NOT COOL to single out my L.G.B.T.Q.I.A.+ peoples. NOT COOL at all.

AZZERAE

As #AnalAugust approaches, let me just say, that anal sex with womxn is the shit, and shouldn't be discriminated against.

AZZERAE

Quote from: ZAZZERAE on July 13, 2020, 11:31:04 AM
Very disappointed with Richard's recent commentary on homosexual sex.

The clip in question:

https://youtu.be/3mlhma3Il5M

AZZERAE

Quote from: DAVID JEWBINI on July 13, 2020, 11:34:37 AM
Fuck MV!

Very disrespectful. Rude motherfucker! Who the fuck do you think you are?