• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Lilith

Quote from: IamNegan on April 23, 2020, 09:33:11 AM
I'm guessing that a subscription/lease/contract was/is in place for a lot if not all of these shows, so the new owners (whomever they may be) are just playing out the end of them as their "new content" - including Tim's spooky south coast show. That's why Ozman was only on for that short time...filling in until the end, and he just didn't tell the audience. Damn shame, too...at least his guests/shows were interesting-not like those snoozefests from Weisberg...

BUMMER!  On SO many levels.

Sarah

I noticed the new Tim Ozman Midnight hosted Midnight In The Desert episodes have been removed along with his name from the MITD branding... I think something wonderful is about to happen! New host incoming???

It seems a LOT of people, myself included, weren't impressed with Tim "Flat Earth" Ozman taking over from the awesome Tim Weisberg... who took over from the awesome Dave Schrader (Dave's TV career is taking off)... because all of Tim Ozman's episodes have been removed along with his name from the MITD branding.

God bless you Keith Rowland... and sorry about that drunken email I sent you regarding this topic.

We should hopefully hear something soon... I wonder who the new host will be?

Has anyone heard any rumors?

http://midnightinthedesert.com/

WOTR

Quote from: Sarah on April 28, 2020, 03:20:36 AM

Has anyone heard any rumors?

I have been told that Art has requested that the schedule be cleared as he plans a triumphant return to the air waves.

***Maybe Tim realized that he purchased a lemon and demanded a refund?  ;)

Sarah

>***Maybe Tim realized that he purchased a lemon and demanded a refund?

Huh? I thought Tim was acting as a trial host for MITD under Keith's direction.

Is Keith gone now? Did Ozman buy him out? Your comment is confusing (to me).

If Keith sold out to "that flat earth guy", then I'll cancel my subscription.

Pizzapunch

Quote from: Sarah on April 28, 2020, 04:01:00 AM
>***Maybe Tim realized that he purchased a lemon and demanded a refund?

Huh? I thought Tim was acting as a trial host for MITD under Keith's direction.

Is Keith gone now? Did Ozman buy him out? Your comment is confusing (to me).

If Keith sold out to "that flat earth guy", then I'll cancel my subscription.
Keith sold weeks ago
[attachment=1,msg1391372]

DynamoHum

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: cyclosp214 on April 13, 2018, 11:24:08 PM
I thought it was a joke But Art Bell died today. RIP ART BELL

http://www.nyecountysheriffsoffice.com/social-media.html

If you're quarantined and looking for an interesting read to pass the time, you could start at the post quoted above.  Beginning with that post, lots of crazy things happened on this forum for a period of at least a month.  Hundreds of pages.  Heather's public breakdown, her moves from this podcast network to that podcast network and all of the drama in between with all characters present; It's quite the read.

Pizzapunch

Quote from: Liberace! on April 28, 2020, 06:34:17 AM
If you're quarantined and looking for an interesting read to pass the time, you could start at the post quoted above.  Beginning with that post, lots of crazy things happened on this forum for a period of at least a month.  Hundreds of pages.  Heather's public breakdown, her moves from this podcast network to that podcast network and all of the drama in between with all characters present; It's quite the read.
Maybe even more so than Heather's,  the Lasha craziness and disillusionment is what makes that time period.

SredniVashtar

It's amazing to think how that woman's reputation plummeted on BG, all due to Art. She must have been the most popular person on here, but he brought out the worst in her and it's only the feeblest sort of bottom-feeding cretins who follow her now.

ItsOver

Quote from: WOTR on April 28, 2020, 03:55:30 AM
I have been told that Art has requested that the schedule be cleared as he plans a triumphant return to the air waves.

It's been a few hours.  I've learned Art quit.  Of course.  He also quit death.  Welcome back, Art!

Kidnostad3

After a number of attempts to listen to Heather’s show I am forced to conclude that she is the most stupefyingly boring person ever to sit behind a microphone.  It’s like listening to paint dry.

ItsOver

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on April 28, 2020, 10:55:52 AM
After a number of attempts to listen to Heather’s show I am forced to conclude that she is the most stupefyingly boring person ever to sit behind a microphone.  It’s like listening to paint dry.
You're more tolerant to pain than I am.  The last time I listened was way back for the last show Art hosted, as a "guest" host, when he primarily talked about Trump.

Quote from: SredniVashtar on April 28, 2020, 08:13:27 AM
It's amazing to think how that woman's reputation plummeted on BG, all due to Art. She must have been the most popular person on here,

You posted that like it is something to be proud of.

WOTR

So, I have to ask: Is that it? Is the ride finally (officially) over? Can I finally get off this damn infernal contraption?

SmaartGuy

It sure sounds like it's dead... What's going on at Dark Matter radio? The programming has been so damn confusing since Keith left. I mean, the network was poorly organized under him, but now it is a complete shit show. Can you all answer the following:

There is no programming schedule. The website for DM doesn't have a real schedule. WhyTF not?

Is DM radio going to keep the non MITD shows? Can Dreamland please leave this sunken ship? I never thought I'd say this, but I feel bad for Whitley...

Can flat earthers manage a radio network? Yeah, sounds like a great sitcom, but in reality, we know the answer. How long before those dip shits fold?

Am I mistaken, or is MITD doing reruns already? The flatearthers have only been at this for a matter of days and they seem to be relying on reruns.  What's up with that?

Morgus

Quote from: SmaartGuy on May 06, 2020, 01:09:33 AM
Is DM radio going to keep the non MITD shows? Can Dreamland please leave this sunken ship? I never thought I'd say this, but I feel bad for Whitley...
Whitley was the guest on Jimmy Church's show a couple nights ago and he mentioned Dreamland was on "KGRA" and didn't mention "Dark Matter Network" at all...

There hasn't been a new episode in nearly a month.  I think it's dead.

Tinfoil_Helm

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on April 28, 2020, 10:55:52 AM

We agree on this much!

Dateline

Quote from: WOTR on April 28, 2020, 03:55:30 AM

Maybe this time he will not quit?

Dateline

Quote from: Insomniac Missourian on May 06, 2020, 05:20:18 PM
There hasn't been a new episode in nearly a month.  I think it's dead.

They need to immediately hire a diamond in the rough.   Senda is available and ready to sign.  He will be the new host of Midnight In The Desert. 

WOTR

Well, they have changed around the entire website. It looks like they are now hosting other shows, and that is about it. Also conspicuous by it's absence is "Midnight in the Desert." It looks like the network is alive, but the show is finally dead. It is also worth noting that the stream is down right now.

Here is a list of shows. I assume that rather than listing by alphabetical order or popularity Tim has opted for the commonly employed "sorting by title length." You should see how that worked out when our public library adopted the procedure...

FrightDay
AstronomyCast
DragonKing Dark
Paranormal UK Radio
Open Minds UFO Radio
Expanded Perspectives
Conspirinormal Podcast
Where Did The Road Go?
Exploration w/Michio Kaku
Podcast UFO w/Martin Willis
Dreamland w/Whitley Strieber
Hyperspace w/Solaris Blueraven
Military X-Files w/Mack Maloney
Big Picture Science w/Seth Shostak
The HigherSide Chats w/Greg Carlwood
More Questions Than Answers w/Adrian Lee

Lilith

Quote from: WOTR on May 23, 2020, 01:45:00 AM
Well, they have changed around the entire website. It looks like they are now hosting other shows, and that is about it. Also conspicuous by it's absence is "Midnight in the Desert." It looks like the network is alive, but the show is finally dead. It is also worth noting that the stream is down right now.

Here is a list of shows. I assume that rather than listing by alphabetical order or popularity Tim has opted for the commonly employed "sorting by title length." You should see how that worked out when our public library adopted the procedure...

FrightDay
AstronomyCast
DragonKing Dark
Paranormal UK Radio
Open Minds UFO Radio
Expanded Perspectives
Conspirinormal Podcast
Where Did The Road Go?

Well, that's the end of the DMDN road for me.  There's not one show on that list that I will be listening to.

chefist

Quote from: WOTR on May 23, 2020, 01:45:00 AM

FrightDay
AstronomyCast
DragonKing Dark
Paranormal UK Radio
Open Minds UFO Radio
Expanded Perspectives
Conspirinormal Podcast
Where Did The Road Go?

A for effort?

WOTR

It is my pleasure to announce that Tim is continuing MITD in the finest tradition. There is now a page dedicated to "midnight in the desert." It appears that it will be back at an unspecified date for at least another few episodes before the new host continues the fine legacy of disappearing...

No communication, no updates, no idea when / if it will return. But there is a page for it.  8)

I feel that it must be time to renew my subscription in anticipation of the entertainment that a rebooted MITD will provide. If only I could recall my Mastercard number...

Lilith

Quote from: WOTR on May 27, 2020, 01:42:54 AM
It is my pleasure to announce that Tim is continuing MITD in the finest tradition. There is now a page dedicated to "midnight in the desert." It appears that it will be back at an unspecified date for at least another few episodes before the new host continues the fine legacy of disappearing...

No communication, no updates, no idea when / if it will return. But there is a page for it.  8)

I feel that it must be time to renew my subscription in anticipation of the entertainment that a rebooted MITD will provide. If only I could recall my Mastercard number...

I'll look forward to that!

The Nabob

Yep, no need for flat earter lunatics to be hosting anything.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: The Nabob on May 28, 2020, 04:57:33 PM
Yep, no need for flat earter lunatics to be hosting anything.

Since when do you speak for everyone? Why are you so threatened by this topic?

Also, learn how to spell Earth! You live here after all. ::)