• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Sean92008

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 22, 2018, 11:06:37 PM

Wow... That took a few seconds to figure out who that was.  Wow...

albrecht

Quote from: TigerLily on June 22, 2018, 11:08:42 PM
I read the some of Elder Edda in college. But stayed mainly with British lit. Of course, Beowulf.  I love mythology in general.

You would like, I think, the 'black books' and also the Fiddle stuff (crazy dancing also.) Because supressed by us Christian types, esp of a hardcore Luthern variety but survived and, then with fiddle, much appreciated. The books are like some of the Amish/Mennonite etc types secret n not official and even banned/burnt/kill but 'helpful' so not totally gone. Herbs, healing, midwifery, animal help etc but maybe other...

WinWinS

Quote from: DaveSchrader on June 22, 2018, 11:00:27 PM
Nope I used thick curtains on my room, I was paranoid of peeping toms so I always kept them closed.

DS

Quote from: WinWinS on June 22, 2018, 11:21:59 PM

I was afraid these people wanted me in their "family" when I was growing up.  They were laying in wait outside my house.  "Come out, Kevin, come out!"

Referencing the film The Omega Man.  lol

albrecht

Quote from: WinWinS on June 22, 2018, 11:21:59 PM

Simpsons got a reference for anyone or situation. Then there are, as Simpsons also did, of the types who 'forget' there is an open window or opps my towel dropped.

Sean92008

Is there any way to feed bumper music (in a slow fade in) into the guest line?  Maybe these awkward "We gotta go to a break" interruptions can be a little smoother. Maybe a beep from a keypad or give the guest the break times so they know not to ramble...

Quote from: BellHop on June 22, 2018, 11:08:03 PM
To be fair - Macca just turned 76. He's not going to sound like prime-Macca (Beatles and Wings era). He still regularly tours and all as well, which is impressive at his age when others like Elton John are quitting the touring lifestyle. I'm going to enjoy him while I still can.

True but then there are people like Jeff Lynne who seem to have made a Devil's pact.  He sounds as good today as he did in the 70's.

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on June 22, 2018, 10:53:12 PM

I think his book is a good primer or way to reintroduce to folks or younger folks. But the "good stuff" is reading Snorri and various sagas that have the history and the 'mythsv  K_dubb can direct you but I like Hollander  translation for the Heimskringla and the found often cheap paperbacks Penguin Classics for the other sagas and poetry. They also cover stuff into British Isles etc in addition. You also might want to research "Norwegian" or "Scandanavian" & "black books" and also ones found here. Lastly, "Hardanger Fiddle" and tunings and legends. Hope thats enough for a midsommers....

Midsommar, when the strong men of the village pierce the earth, now at the peak of her fertility, with a giant phallus, while all the children are encouraged to dance around singing songs about how they are frogs, often in full view of the church.

And they say paganism is dead...

Quote from: Sean92008 on June 22, 2018, 11:09:08 PM
This latest release, I know bar bands that wouldn't put such drivel out.

Of course, since loyal Heatherite-like Macca fans will buy anything he vomits out...  Put him and Ringo on a plane and reunite the Beatles.

Ringo hasn't lost a thing on his voice though he didn't have much to begin with.  LOL.

Belles

Quote from: Sean92008 on June 22, 2018, 11:28:51 PM
Is there any way to feed bumper music (in a slow fade in) into the guest line?  Maybe these awkward "We gotta go to a break" interruptions can be a little smoother. Maybe a beep from a keypad or give the guest the break times so they know not to ramble...

I agree. The breaks are abrupt.

TigerLily

Quote from: albrecht on June 22, 2018, 11:16:42 PM

You would like, I think, the 'black books' and also the Fiddle stuff (crazy dancing also.) Because supressed by us Christian types, esp of a hardcore Luthern variety but survived and, then with fiddle, much appreciated. The books are like some of the Amish/Mennonite etc types secret n not official and even banned/burnt/kill but 'helpful' so not totally gone. Herbs, healing, midwifery, animal help etc but maybe other...

I will check it out, thanks

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Sean92008 on June 22, 2018, 11:09:08 PM
This latest release, I know bar bands that wouldn't put such drivel out.

Of course, since loyal Heatherite-like Macca fans will buy anything he vomits out...  Put him and Ringo on a plane and reunite the Beatles.

Mr Apnea

Keith is adding to the conspiracy. hehehe

Truth is Art is hanging out with Elvis in Vegas.

TigerLily

Quote from: K_Dubb on June 22, 2018, 11:32:03 PM
Midsommar, when the strong men of the village pierce the earth, now at the peak of her fertility, with a giant phallus, while all the children are encouraged to dance around singing songs about how they are frogs, often in full view of the church.

Christianity was just spliced over paganism. And stole a lot from us

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: TigerLily on June 22, 2018, 11:38:53 PM
Christianity was just spliced over paganism. And stole a lot from us

We learned that from the Romans. ;)

GravitySucks

Quote from: TigerLily on June 22, 2018, 11:38:53 PM
Christianity Catholicism was just spliced over paganism. And stole a lot from us

FIFY

Sean92008

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 22, 2018, 11:34:07 PM
Ringo hasn't lost a thing on his voice though he didn't have much to begin with.  LOL.
But his stupidity/autism/ego has gotten stronger.  Ringo Fucking Rainman. He has (at least) admitted he can't play the same thing twice in the studio.  Great drummer, yeah, right.  Solid is one thing, great is another. 

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on June 22, 2018, 11:32:03 PM

Obviously you werent at the Behemoth, Testament, Anthrax, and Slayer concert with me a few days ago. 

Bluejay

Quote from: Mr Apnea on June 22, 2018, 11:37:16 PM
Keith is adding to the conspiracy. hehehe

Truth is Art is hanging out with Elvis in Vegas.

albrecht

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 22, 2018, 11:43:01 PM
FIFY

Yep and way it is going seems almost the opposite and not even claiming traditional stuff...

Quote from: Sean92008 on June 22, 2018, 11:47:21 PM
But his stupidity/autism/ego has gotten stronger.  Ringo Fucking Rainman. He has (at least) admitted he can't play the same thing twice in the studio.  Great drummer, yeah, right.  Solid is one thing, great is another.

To be fair, if you had been told for 55 years that you were a great drummer, you'd start to believe it, no?

TigerLily

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 22, 2018, 11:40:25 PM
We learned that from the Romans. ;)

Who learned it from the Greeks

TigerLily

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 22, 2018, 11:43:01 PM
FIFY

Catholicism was first. All the other Christian sects are just less hardcore copycats

Sean92008

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 22, 2018, 11:52:23 PM
To be fair, if you had been told for 55 years that you were a great drummer, you'd start to believe it, no?
Elvis had yes men too.

TigerLily

Quote from: albrecht on June 22, 2018, 11:49:20 PM

Obviously you werent at the Behemoth, Testament, Anthrax, and Slayer concert with me a few days ago.

lol. Now, that's the way to celebrate the Solstice!

Quote from: TigerLily on June 22, 2018, 11:55:59 PM
Catholicism was first. All the other Christian sects are just less hardcore copycats

The Orthodox Church might disagree with you there. 

Sean92008

Catholicism has all the finest qualities of corruption, crime and abuse.  Second oldest profession next to women doing the naughty.

Dr. MD MD

Umm...no. ::)

Aquarius

Quote from: Sean92008 on June 22, 2018, 11:03:00 PM
Sorry Dave, more drama over a LNM and Heather is apparently blaming Art for pulling cables in her home studio.  He doesn't want her on, I guess.

Well, because... well just because... here is a word file (unbearably long) of most of the fringe FB dialogue while she was off and on and off and on and off the air. Apparently she is back on now. They have blamed trolls, Keith, Bart-Ell, Bellgab, hackers, psychic interventions, evil entities, time slips, burglers, stalkers... I may be leaving something out but you get the idea. They want her to smudge, get motion sensitive lights, a dog, spirit protection, psychic intervention, etc.

Lasha says the wire that Ira says was a clean cut (not frayed) was actually cut in another dimension, or something like that, so it was cut in the past. She also said she shouldn't have dropped her protection on Heather, but she did because she was kicked to the curb. Later she said to Heather that she was on her own. Nice, eh?

The conversation is so amazingly stupid and the comments flying in so fast that I almost felt hypnotized, but fortunately have finally given up. Ira has said it was relay problems, but it's ok now... twice.

Ok, if you really seriously have nothing better to do after Mr. Dave is off the air, here's the transcript. I'm done (at last).

Spookcat

How is everyone tonight?