• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

DaveSchrader

Quote from: Freyja on June 06, 2018, 06:30:12 PM
^^ THIS

Good Dave...just be YOU and keep doing what you are doing.

It seems that some of the "vaguely lovable's" here are caught in a time warp of what Art Bell brought to the airwaves when he was on top of his game/genre in the early '90's when his topic was "fringe" and no one else was doing what he did.

There was tremendous magic in that. Art essentially married radio to early technology/internet and changed the landscape of both interactive radio. That said, that was then and we are here now.

Art IMHO never held the same caliber of radio and somehow as far as I can remember it started somewhere around 1998 with his interview with David Icke. Fast forwarding, he seemed to become more impatient with many things, including his show...perhaps his personal issues and then at some point around 911 decided to call many of his loyal listeners "wing nuts". Even one of his anchor "take a ride" guests/friends John Lear took great exception to that.

Then came the "quittenings", the teases...the "my bad back" when he wouldn't do a show, however he was on ham radio all night.

SO, without me writing a novel here, no one will ever be Art Bell as he was in his prime. IMHO that lasted from about 1994 - 1998/9 give or take. It was all down hill from there in varied aspects.

Folks seem to want to remember just the good stuff...and not all the not so good.

Be yourself...make this show what you want it to be and forget about those who seem to want you to be the next Art Bell.

Art left a great and sometimes not so great legacy in this genre, however today there are more than a plethora of programs, radio, TV that are covering these topics. The playing field is not the same as it was in the early good days of Art Bell.

Lastly, loving your show to date.

Keep it on relative to where and how you want to take it....what the future you see....and just be YOU.

Thank you for bringing some magic and electricity back to the airwaves at night and to those who catch up during the day :)

Thank you. That means a lot.

DS

Kolchak

Quote from: Freyja on June 06, 2018, 06:30:12 PM
Art left a great and sometimes not so great legacy in this genre

We've suffered through months of absolute train wreck "Legacy" shows in his absence. HW was so bad, everyone kind of stopped paying attention.

People had forgotten how bad the show was because they weren't listening. Now Dave comes along with engaging content and everyone wants him to reinvent the wheel.

DaveSchrader

Quote from: Belles on June 07, 2018, 10:18:37 AM
Is it bad that I'm considering becoming a True Crime Tuesday patron?

Say yes so I can save my $5 a month.

I think you will enjoy it.

DS

Aquarius

Quote from: Bart Ell on June 07, 2018, 05:44:21 PM
I am easy to find. I am right there near the top of Google.

Impressive, as always! Kudos!  ;D

DaveSchrader

Quote from: a is jump on June 07, 2018, 10:51:11 AM
Are people just not calling into MITD, or what? Last night's show was great, but I was hoping to hear some calls.

I don't think Dave NEEDS calls coming in to make compelling radio, as he's proved time and time again, but it does seem like it's the one missing piece of the puzzle.

I think some of it has to do with luck of the draw, we do open lines and it happens to be one of the Many returns of another show host to another show, or an epic meltdown elsewhere and once people get done hearing it they tune back in and call.

But I could be wrong.

DS

GravitySucks

Quote from: DaveSchrader on June 07, 2018, 07:50:30 PM
Thank you. That means a lot.

DS

Don’t listen to her. She is Canadian.

Mr Apnea

If you would like to carry The Kingdom of Nye with Heather Wade on your FCC licensed terrestrial radio station, please write to Heather@ArtBellLegacy.com No matter your wattage and coverage, I am happy to assist you.
It is a no-nonsense, easy process and I am always happy to help with anything our affiliates may need. We are happy to add your station logo to our website, as well as welcome you to the The Kingdom of Nye family live on the air by me, personally. I love radio, and there is nothing like the magic of the airwaves. Let's make some radio magic in the great tradition of Art Bell; become a Kingdom of Nye affiliate today!
-Heather Wade

I wonder..... Maybe carry her show and rebroadcast in a Science3000 theater format?  Could put in on YouTube for the video effects.  Maybe only the first 30 minutes to spare the guests...

chefist

Quote from: DaveSchrader on June 07, 2018, 08:03:11 PM
I think some of it has to do with luck of the draw, we do open lines and it happens to be one of the Many returns of another show host to another show, or an epic meltdown elsewhere and once people get done hearing it they tune back in and call.

But I could be wrong.

DS

;D

Sean92008

Quote from: Mr Apnea on June 07, 2018, 08:06:48 PM
If you would like to carry The Kingdom of Nye with Heather Wade on your FCC licensed terrestrial radio station, please write to Heather@ArtBellLegacy.com No matter your wattage and coverage, I am happy to assist you.
What? No pirate radio stations? Kind of blows that whole pirate thingy down... 

GravitySucks

But I could be wrong.

DS

Can you ask Miss Winnie to translate that for me?

Mr Apnea

Vara is struggling again for 150 listeners.   Dark Matter is near 500 for a podcast rebroadcast.

live1.darkmatterdigitalnetwork.com:8303/

http://69.162.103.66:8003/

Lilith

But I could be wrong.

DS

;D :-*

Bart Ell

DS

DAVE - You need a free 2-5 minute clip from the previous night that goes up on all social media at the same time every day.
It's time for Keith to get serious about things.
#SCHRADACY

Bart Ell

Quote from: Mr Apnea on June 07, 2018, 08:25:49 PM
Vara is struggling again for 150 listeners.

I am struggling to figure out how there are 150 people who would want to hear that mush mouthed simpleton.

chefist

Quote from: Bart Ell on June 07, 2018, 08:31:15 PM
DAVE - You need a free 2-5 minute clip from the previous night that goes up on all social media at the same time every day.
It's time for Keith to get serious about things.
#SCHRADACY

That's a very good suggestion...all the kids are doing it these days.

Bart Ell

Quote from: chefist on June 07, 2018, 08:34:33 PM
That's a very good suggestion...all the kids are doing it these days.

I'm starting the new blitz!
#BartBlitz

Mr Apnea

Quote from: Bart Ell on June 07, 2018, 08:32:24 PM
I am struggling to figure out how there are 150 people who would want to hear that mush mouthed simpleton.

Your right, he hasn't broke 150 yet today.   ;D ;D ;D   Great radio Bart!.

GravitySucks

Second cousins.

Mr Apnea

Quote from: Mr Apnea on June 07, 2018, 08:37:06 PM
Your right, he hasn't broke 150 yet today.   ;D ;D ;D   Great radio Bart!.

Oh hell, I shouldn't have posted that....152

Tinfoil_Helm

Quote from: Kolchak on June 07, 2018, 07:58:50 PM
We've suffered through months of absolute train wreck "Legacy" shows in his absence. HW was so bad, everyone kind of stopped paying attention.

People had forgotten how bad the show was because they weren't listening. Now Dave comes along with engaging content and everyone wants him to reinvent the wheel.

Yep, been listening every night again.  I'm free of the purgatory that was C2C, which was fine but was leaning too Trumpy/Sandy Hook Truthery.

I'm actually ready to put Heater in the rearview and forgive her for holding Art's seat hostage for those years.  She sucks, but SHE'S GONE, thank god.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Mr Apnea on June 07, 2018, 08:38:31 PM
Oh hell, I shouldn't have posted that....152

Wasn’t me.

chefist

Quote from: Bart Ell on June 07, 2018, 08:37:04 PM

I'm starting the new blitz!
#BartBlitz

Also, due to demand for true crime...Dave can bundle MITD and true crime...$7.50/month for both...3 months free true crime when you sign up for MITD premium...1 free true crime show per month...just ideas...

I could be wrong.

Bart Ell

Quote from: chefist on June 07, 2018, 08:40:58 PM
Also, due to demand for true crime...Dave can bundle MITD and true crime...$7.50/month for both...3 months free true crime when you sign up for MITD premium...1 free true crime show per month...just ideas...

I could be wrong.

I would guess each of those has different parties taking a piece of the pie (#fuckpies) and would be a nightmare to work out.

Sean92008

We are waiting for him to say something bad about Bart Ell, so that the DDOS attack may begin.🙄

chefist

Quote from: Bart Ell on June 07, 2018, 08:43:00 PM
I would guess each of those has different parties taking a piece of the pie (#fuckpies) and would be a nightmare to work out.

I would hope DS worked out a deal where he could market his other tchotchkes like most other radio hosts do...

Sean92008

Quote from: Bart Ell on June 07, 2018, 08:43:00 PM
Unless there was a Bart Coupon code included in the confirmation email. The coupon code would have to be user-unique but its plausible.

Bart Ell

Quote from: chefist on June 07, 2018, 08:48:05 PM
I would hope DS worked out a deal where he could market his other tchotchkes like most other radio hosts do...

I meant as far as combining goes.
#SCHRADACY

chefist

Quote from: Bart Ell on June 07, 2018, 08:51:06 PM
I meant as far as combining goes.
#SCHRADACY

True...also depends if DS gets a share of the pie on subscriptions for MITD...I would hope so.

From everything I've read and heard, it is a very difficult business to make a buck in.

Mr Apnea

Lets compare:

Has more than one photo.                              Dave: Yes   Heater: No
Website obeys trademark/copyright laws         Dave: Yes   Heater: No
Can be seen in public                                     Dave: Yes   Heater: No
Voice is free of fake inflections                        Dave: Yes   Heater:No
Is really in the Desert                                     Dave: No    Heater: Yes    (but do you really want to sleep with Camel Spiders)

GravitySucks

Quote from: Mr Apnea on June 07, 2018, 09:01:19 PM
Lets compare:

Has more than one photo.                              Dave: Yes   Heater: No
Website obeys trademark/copyright laws         Dave: Yes   Heater: No
Can be seen in public                                     Dave: Yes   Heater: No
Voice is free of fake inflections                        Dave: Yes   Heater:No
Is really in the Desert                                     Dave: No    Heater: Yes    (but do you really want to sleep with Camel Spiders)

Has hair            Dave: No.   Heater: Yes
Has beard         Dave: Yes.   Heater: No
Has mustache   Dave: Yes.  Heater: Yes