• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Belles

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 07, 2018, 12:49:34 AM
That's it! Now you're selling yourself on it. Boy, the NLP is really cooking tonight! :D

You did make me look at this in a different way.

Belles

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 07, 2018, 12:51:46 AM
You're being sycophantic toward a fascist that would like to see you dead. What's wrong with you?! ::)

Isn't it better for us to be informed on these subjects?

PrairieGhost

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 07, 2018, 12:51:46 AM
You're being sycophantic toward a fascist that would like to see you dead. What's wrong with you?! ::)

I don't agree with the guy but it still makes a great show.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Belles on June 07, 2018, 12:53:35 AM
Isn't it better for us to be informed on these subjects?

It's more important to actually think things through and not be so easily impressed.  ;)

TigerLily

Quote from: zeebo on June 07, 2018, 12:47:33 AM
I think maybe the way it happens is alot of independent minds making advancements in their little corners, with no one actually seeing the cumulative effect of all the inter-dependencies till it's too late.  The singularity deal basically, catching everyone by surprise.

I read quite awhile back that when the worldwide web aggregates enough nodes similar to the human brain's synapses, it may instantaneously become sentient. I believe I've read we have surpassed the theorized number

Belles

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 07, 2018, 12:54:49 AM
It's more important to actually think things through and not be so easily impressed.  ;)

I'm not impressed. I want information to think about.

GravitySucks

Quote from: TigerLily on June 07, 2018, 12:55:11 AM
I read quite awhile back that when the worldwide web aggregates enough nodes similar to the human brain's synapses, it may instantaneously become sentient. I believe I've read we have surpassed the theorized number

But half of them are minng cryptocurrency causing global warming because of all the power consumption.

Zenman

Quote from: PrairieGhost on June 07, 2018, 12:50:29 AM
This has been a great show. More like this one please.

Great guest. Really enjoy the rapid-fire geek-topic type stuff. Needs to come back soon.  :D

Great Gabbers shoutouts too!

zeebo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 07, 2018, 12:49:34 AM
That's it! Now you're selling yourself on it. Boy, the NLP is really cooking tonight! :D

Dude no it scares the bejeebies out of me.  Could end up a Jurassic Park situation on a much bigger scale.

Belles

Quote from: Zenman on June 07, 2018, 12:56:39 AM
Great guest. Really enjoy the rapid-fire geek-topic type stuff. Needs to come back soon.  :D

Great Gabbers shoutouts too!

Agree.

PrairieGhost

Time for my nightly classic Hendrie. Later all!

TigerLily

Quote from: Belles on June 07, 2018, 12:51:26 AM
We do need this guest back on a future show. He's talked about so many subjects.

Totally agree. Great show! Btw if anyone heard Heather interview him how did this compare? Of course, he barely needed an interviewer, except Dave did a great job of steering through all the subjects

Dr. MD MD

Thumbs down to Dr. Evil Jr.  ::)

Spookcat

Quote from: zeebo on June 07, 2018, 12:57:02 AM
Dude no it scares the bejeebies out of me.  Could end up a Jurassic Park situation on a much bigger scale.

I think I might prefer Jurassic Park. Then again, robots wouldn't poop....

mnbmnbmnb

That was a great show I dropped everything I was doing to listen more actively it was so good.

zeebo

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 07, 2018, 12:51:03 AM
The one or few disruptive or enabling technology(ies) that catches everyone by surprise and spirals out of control. That scares me.

Gray goo territory.  They should make Cat's Cradle required reading for scientists.

GravitySucks

Quote from: TigerLily on June 07, 2018, 12:57:51 AM
Totally agree. Great show! Btw if anyone heard Heather interview him how did this compare? Of course, he barely needed an interviewer

She interviewed him twice and I think it was probably her two best shows. She was actually up to speed on some of the trends he talked about. I don’t remember any stupid questions.

Sean92008

Another great one, Mr. Winnie.

3 hours goes by fast when the guest is great, the host is great, the topic is great or, as in tonight, ALL elements were great.

Belles

Quote from: Sean92008 on June 07, 2018, 01:00:33 AM
Another great one, Mr. Winnie.

3 hours goes br fast when the guest is great, the host is great, the topic is great or, as in tonight, ALL elements were great.

This is the kind of show that makes me want a longer show.  Of course there's that old leave them wanting more.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: zeebo on June 07, 2018, 12:58:52 AM
Gray goo territory.  They should make Cat's Cradle required reading for scientists.

Totally agree! I read it as a teenager and gave a copy to my nephew when he was ten. He didn't quite get it at the time and wondered why I got him that but now he works for NIH. Thanks, Mr. Vonnegut! :)

TigerLily

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 07, 2018, 12:59:15 AM
She interviewed him twice and I think it was probably her two best shows. She was actually up to speed on some of the trends he talked about. I don’t remember any stupid questions.

Good to know. I always thought she was weakest with scientific topics

Night all

I confess I've been listening to Dark Waters but y'all made the show seem interesting so I'm going to check out the archive tomorrow and play it.

GravitySucks

Quote from: zeebo on June 07, 2018, 12:58:52 AM

Yep I have my own list of things I believe could spiral (and how) but I won’t even put them out in the universe. I don’t want people getting ideas.

Quote from: TigerLily on June 07, 2018, 01:02:36 AM
Good to know. I always thought she was weakest with scientific topics

Night all

G'night, TL.

Chad Jacobs

Dave had another great show tonight. Also, if anyone checks out the "Paranormal Radio application" they will note that Heather is currently number two to Ground Zero, and way ahead of C2C (granted Coast does have hundreds of radio stations). Still, it's a good start for Heather and she is rocking it with Dark Waters who is always an amazing guest.

zeebo

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 07, 2018, 01:03:31 AM
Yep I have my own list of things I believe could spiral (and how) but I won’t even put them out in the universe. I don’t want people getting ideas.

Yeah I have a couple too.  Ok, pact of silence.  Nite all.