• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

PrairieGhost

Quote from: zeebo on June 07, 2018, 12:24:09 AM
Correct, thanks.

You're welcome. Those are two of my favorites. Thaller and Lubin.

Dr. MD MD

Let's not be in too much of a hurry to be just like China, shall we? I really don't like this man. >:(

GravitySucks

Quote from: PrairieGhost on June 07, 2018, 12:21:17 AM
Dr. Philip Lubin

I believe that whole deal is a scam to have an IPO and then bail.  You heard it here first.

I believe it is really stupid to litter the galaxy as well.

comaphobe

I would pay money to permanently end that Ad Council commercial.

zeebo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 07, 2018, 12:27:00 AM
Let's not be in too much of a hurry to be just like China, shall we? I really don't like this man. >:(

I can't tell if he's actually for it, or just amused by it.  Both are pretty disturbing though.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: zeebo on June 07, 2018, 12:31:12 AM
I can't tell if he's actually for it, or just amused by it.  Both are pretty disturbing though.

Yeah, he's definitely a little too enthusiastic about the whole dehumanizing enterprise. ::)

Belles

Quote from: zeebo on June 07, 2018, 12:31:12 AM

I don't think he's for it, more like making ppl aware of it.

zeebo

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 07, 2018, 12:27:30 AM
I believe that whole deal is a scam to have an IPO and then bail.  You heard it here first.

I believe it is really stupid to litter the galaxy as well.

C'mon man, plenty of room for a measly billion nano-chips out there.  :D

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Belles on June 07, 2018, 12:32:46 AM
I don't think he's for it, more like making ppl aware of it.

Nah! He's talking about it like it's an inevitability. He said China could get away with things we can't like he admires that. Wake up! ::)

zeebo

There's something more complicated than the Hadron Collider?  I gotta look into this.

Dr. MD MD

What other animal would be stupid enough to knowingly obsolete itself from the equation? None! We're the only ones stupid enough to attempt it. ::)

Belles

Has he watched the series Altered Carbon?

Spookcat

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 07, 2018, 12:35:05 AM
Nah! He's talking about it like it's an inevitability. He said China could get away with things we can't like he admires that. Wake up! ::)

He's creepily cheery about creepy things.

zeebo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 07, 2018, 12:41:11 AM
What other animal would be stupid enough to knowingly obsolete itself from the equation? None! We're the only ones stupid enough to attempt it. ::)

I think maybe the way it happens is alot of independent minds making advancements in their little corners, with no one actually seeing the cumulative effect of all the inter-dependencies till it's too late.  The singularity deal basically, catching everyone by surprise.

Spookcat

Have I mentioned Robots and AI terrify me?

Zenman

Quote from: zeebo on June 07, 2018, 12:47:33 AM
I think maybe the way it happens is alot of independent minds making advancements in their little corners, with no one actually seeing the cumulative effect of all the inter-dependencies till it's too late.  The singularity deal basically, catching everyone by surprise.

Kinda like when the bots get their secret language wired.

Dr. MD MD

That's it! Now you're selling yourself on it. Boy, the NLP is really cooking tonight! :D

PrairieGhost

This has been a great show. More like this one please.

GravitySucks

The one or few disruptive or enabling technology(ies) that catches everyone by surprise and spirals out of control. That scares me.

Belles

We do need this guest back on a future show. He's talked about so many subjects.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: PrairieGhost on June 07, 2018, 12:50:29 AM
This has been a great show. More like this one please.

You're being sycophantic toward a fascist that would like to see you dead. What's wrong with you?! ::)