• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Metron2267

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 06, 2018, 03:53:45 PM
But you're a wanker, which is even worse.

Manual population control is a virtue.

rangerdavid

Quote from: Jackstar on June 06, 2018, 03:49:16 PM

Still--superior to a Clinton presidency.

The Clinton Presidency? Hey, blow jobs are better yhan no jobs!!!

GravitySucks

Quote from: Metron2267 on June 06, 2018, 04:17:50 PM
Oh sure, just the way the "supported" Art, right...

Admit it or not Heather improved markedly as the experience went on, so Art had reason to hope that she'd find her own stride in time.

Let's face it, bell gabbers will crab grab any host and format , it's what bellgabbers do!

She improved for awhile. Then she plateaud. And around last September she began regressing to where I couldn’t even listen. I finally cancelled my subscription in December because it had become unlistenable. Obviously I wasn’t the only one that felt that way. 

Go back to December 2015 through March of 2016. I was one of her biggest cheerleaders. I wanted her to succeed. Once the show expanded to 5 hours it was too much for her. It became cumbersome and that is when she told people they could call in more than once. When they cut it back to four hours she started hitting her stride again. But something happened last fall. She lost it on the air several times. 

Once she started tweeting on the day of Art’s funeral instead of attending I lost all respect for her.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Metron2267 on June 06, 2018, 04:17:50 PM
Oh sure, just the way the "supported" Art, right...

Admit it or not Heather improved markedly as the experience went on, so Art had reason to hope that she'd find her own stride in time.

Let's face it, bell gabbers will crab grab any host and format , it's what bellgabbers do!

You fucking idiot, this is a site all about Art Bell. The fact that he decided to shit in his own doorway was his own damn fault. Even when he was pretending to be stalked most people gave him the benefit of the doubt. And they forgot the Dark Matter fiasco too. If anybody fucked things up it was Art himself.

She only improved because she could hardly get much worse. An improvement on shite still isn't very good and people can't wait forever.

The GC is usually well received. People liked bateman's show. If Dave is getting criticism it's well-intentioned. HW gets flak because she's hopeless. End of story.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 06, 2018, 04:27:12 PM

Once she started tweeting on the day of Art’s funeral instead of attending I lost all respect for her.

Funny, that. She didn’t attend so as not to draw attention to herself.. and yet she still did, starting with her obnoxious social media posts.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Metron2267 on June 06, 2018, 04:18:54 PM
Ah the appeal to authority where none exists.

Sorry, "everyone" didn't elect YOU to kvetch for them.

Deal.

Actually they did. It's the price I pay for being so intelligent.

GravitySucks

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 06, 2018, 04:30:32 PM

Are you anywhere near that fire?

Quote from: DarKPenguiN on June 06, 2018, 02:49:57 PM
I think thats probably a very complex situation.

For one, the barrier to entry back then was insanely high and difficult- With very few being able to make it in radio and a system of gatekeeping that separated the wheat from the chaff... By the time someone had made a career in radio and was middle aged- They would have to be head and shoulers above the competition. And Art was.

Would Art have "made it" in todays world. Probably not... He would have quickly realized that the reward isnt really there anymore and pursued something more lucrative. I'm certain alot of real potential talent is lost because now that the barrier to entry is so low (as in anyone can have an internet radio show) and the competition for actually making a buck is so high (you are competing against anyone with an internet connection) and the competition so fierce- Most with Arts talent would move on to something else and we are left with the Veras of the world who arent really making money doing this but are seeking something else (e-fame? Idk...Its beyond me)

The internet has changed everything- Its also made competition for entertainment dollars a blood fest. The people pursuing 'radio' these days are dreaming of a career (that will probably not happen and will end up being a beg-a-thon for a few bucks to make rent) but quickly see that its not going to happen- So the smart ones (like Bell) probably move on and we are left with the ones who lack real talent...I'm generalizing too and not trying to tar everyone with a broad brush but overall that is the case.

Bell came on the scene when nobody was broaching this subject matter- There were still gatekeepers- People like "us" (bell fans) didnt have 24/7 acess to all the entertainment we wanted on demand. Every person (who at the time hadnt been completely debunked) involved in the fringe was lining up to get on his show and he could pick and choose the best of the best.

The time and place was a perfect storm.

fast forward to today and I can google a subject that interests me (say Cryptozoology) and have on demand radio about that one subject that will last me for years and years and years. I can download audiobooks for very cheap and my entertainment choices are limitless- In the mid 90s theres Bell for fringe topics.

So the people getting into this today either quickly realize they are going to be lost in the shuffle, work really hard and make little to no money OR they move on. So the ones that stay in this 'business' are seeking something different for the most part and by proxy are not going to be in the same league as what we had in the past.

Its an interesting discussion.

Great post and so on point.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 06, 2018, 04:32:25 PM
Are you anywhere near that fire?

No, miles away. I had to look it up to see where you meant. Plenty of money in that neck of the woods, not like the tower block last year.

GravitySucks

Quote from: bellNwhistle on June 06, 2018, 04:29:15 PM
Funny, that. She didn’t attend so as not to draw attention to herself.. and yet she still did, starting with her obnoxious social media posts.

If you look at the tweets she replied to like Shatner, she was promoting herself to whomever tweeted their condolences to @artbell. Then she has the audacity to call Knapp a vilture. I cut her some slack at first because I thought maybe she was drunk shitposting. But she could have deleted them and apologized but she didn’t. And then fighting it out with Keith showed she was never coming back.

I hope her cat ladies keep her going with an income. At least for awhile.  She should be studying something at an online school to come up with a long term career option.

Juan

I’m taking a nap to rest up for Dave. I like physics.

I wish you people would put heater stuff in her own thread.  I’ve left her on the porch.

Quote from: albrecht on June 06, 2018, 03:17:27 PM
I was relistening to a twenty year old Jeff Rense show the other day and he was commenting that pretty soon "every idiot will be hosting their own internet radio show" and how the "quality" of guests and researchers will be going down hill.

Are those shows easy to find? I called in around 97 or 98. I am willing to slog through old episodes until I hear my idiotic self on the phone.

ItsOver

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 06, 2018, 04:27:27 PM
You fucking idiot, this is a site all about Art Bell. The fact that he decided to shit in his own doorway was his own damn fault. Even when he was pretending to be stalked most people gave him the benefit of the doubt. And they forgot the Dark Matter fiasco too. If anybody fucked things up it was Art himself.

She only improved because she could hardly get much worse. An improvement on shite still isn't very good and people can't wait forever.

The GC is usually well received. People liked bateman's show. If Dave is getting criticism it's well-intentioned. HW gets flak because she's hopeless. End of story.
Yes, sir. +1.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Juan on June 06, 2018, 04:38:03 PM
I’m taking a nap to rest up for Dave. I like physics.

I wish you people would put heater stuff in her own thread.  I’ve left her on the porch.

I tried Juan. God knows that I tried.

albrecht

Quote from: PetePistolwhip on June 06, 2018, 04:38:40 PM
Are those shows easy to find? I called in around 97 or 98. I am willing to slog through old episodes until I hear my idiotic self on the phone.
Every so often old Rense shows pop up on places like the piratebay or youtube. And sometimes collections of shows. Archive.org has some shows also but they seem to be skewed towards the "Joose" topics he really got into.  Good luck, hope you find your "idiotic" younger self calling in!

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Metron2267 on June 06, 2018, 04:18:54 PM
Ah the appeal to authority where none exists.

Sorry, "everyone" didn't elect YOU to kvetch for them.

Deal.

Who made you chief white knight for HW? You seem very keen to denounce any talk of her own shortcomings as far as etiquette to other broadcasters is concerned, and dismiss her obvious lack of broadcasting ability as her mentor was wont to do. "She's getting better every day".

And whether you believe it or not, she did shit on those who did try to help her either with good will or actual equipment. Ask Saucy Rossy about that investment of his to her...

As for the gossip, really? You think AB invented the stalker story with her, had her move into his home presumably not entirely with his wife's approval because he thought she was a natural broadcaster? If you do, I have a sea view chalet in Switzerland you can rent for your holls.

Metron2267

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 06, 2018, 04:27:12 PM
She improved for awhile. Then she plateaud. And around last September she began regressing to where I couldn’t even listen. I finally cancelled my subscription in December because it had become unlistenable. Obviously I wasn’t the only one that felt that way. 

Go back to December 2015 through March of 2016. I was one of her biggest cheerleaders. I wanted her to succeed. Once the show expanded to 5 hours it was too much for her. It became cumbersome and that is when she told people they could call in more than once. When they cut it back to four hours she started hitting her stride again. But something happened last fall. She lost it on the air several times. 

I agree with you on the plateau effect. HLW had a low ceiling from the get go. But as you correctly observed 5 hours of live radio was WAY too much!

I withhold judgement on the lunacy following Art's passing.  Clearly she lost hold of her marbles in every way imaginable and is still chasing them around the interwebs...

:-\

Metron2267

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 06, 2018, 04:27:27 PM
You fucking idiot, this is a site all about Art Bell.

You insufferably insolent ideologue, this site behaves like a collective bitch fest.

QuoteThe fact that he decided to shit in his own doorway was his own damn fault. Even when he was pretending to be stalked most people gave him the benefit of the doubt. And they forgot the Dark Matter fiasco too. If anybody fucked things up it was Art himself.

Sorry, heard the stalking incident (s) verified in two other venues, and Art was never hassled for filing a false police report either.

QuoteShe only improved because she could hardly get much worse. An improvement on shite still isn't very good and people can't wait forever.

No it's a lot more than that - it is intensely personal and you damned well know it Shreddi!

Metron2267

Quote from: bellNwhistle on June 06, 2018, 04:29:15 PM

And can she never be forgiven?

Wassup with that?

Metron2267

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 06, 2018, 04:30:32 PM

Show of hands please? :o

Metron2267

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on June 06, 2018, 04:48:00 PM
Who made you chief white knight for HW?

Who made you think that commenting objectively on her and the activities here is "white knight" behavior?

QuoteYou seem very keen to denounce any talk of her own shortcomings as far as etiquette to other broadcasters is concerned, and dismiss her obvious lack of broadcasting ability as her mentor was wont to do. "She's getting better every day".

It might help if you quit trying to write scripts for others to read for you, but that's what classic libs do, eh?

I just stated that she did "plateau" and that she had (my take) a low ceiling to begin with.

So how many of your own private set "facts" did you mimeograph off for talking points here, pud?

QuoteAnd whether you believe it or not, she did shit on those who did try to help her either with good will or actual equipment. Ask Saucy Rossy about that investment of his to her...

So freaking what?

How does this place become your life anyway?

QuoteAs for the gossip, really? You think AB invented the stalker story with her, had her move into his home presumably not entirely with his wife's approval because he thought she was a natural broadcaster? If you do, I have a sea view chalet in Switzerland you can rent for your holls.

I think you need to develop some ability to sort your allegations logically, that much is obvious.

You've imputed linkages where none have been proven to exist.

You've denied the verbal reports from others (Karen included) about the stalker.

And as for what Art may have thought about her being a "natural broadcaster" I believe I have multiple times stated that those with great talent in one discipline do not always make great judges of talent themselves.

Now please go back to your craven political lying, it's far easier to factually fry you on that BS.

:(

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Metron2267 on June 06, 2018, 04:52:58 PM
You insufferably insolent ideologue, this site behaves like a collective bitch fest.

Sorry, heard the stalking incident (s) verified in two other venues, and Art was never hassled for filing a false police report either.

No it's a lot more than that - it is intensely personal and you damned well know it Shreddi!

It wasn't verified, it all came from Art one way or the other. You have a very low standard for evidence. He didn't file a false police report either, he very carefully chose not to do something that would have legal consequences.

It's not personal because nobody knows anything about her. She deliberately acts like this woman of mystery and it annoys people.

And it's Mr Vashtar to you, you cretinous gadfly.

Quote from: Metron2267 on June 06, 2018, 04:53:46 PM
And can she never be forgiven?

Wassup with that?

If she apologized publicly to George Knapp and (Redacted) her vulture statement, and again to Airyn Bell for leaving her waiting on her porch for a ride to her husbands funeral, I guess I would certainly consider forgiveness. I wouldn't listen to her show again regardless, it wasn't ever that good to begin with.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Metron2267 on June 06, 2018, 04:52:58 PM

Funny that, because the local police didn't find any evidence of a stalker then or since. And it's difficult to 'hassle' for making a false claim unless witnesses come forward... but clearly he was comfortable enough with a potential stalker to go outside at night to pose for a photo with his daughter. He also used said daughter as a threat to subscribers to exceed 5000 or he wouldn't be going on air..In other words increasing his daughter's internet prescence while there was an alleged stalker in the neighbourhood...sure it makes sense.

Oh get over yourself. Pull your neck in and have a cookie..here, have two.

I take this as evidence that Art was losing his mind. That's one of the special qualities he had that made him awesome to listen to late in the night. You never knew if or when he would flip out.
Quote from: Yorkshire pud on June 06, 2018, 05:07:47 PM
Funny that, because the local police didn't find any evidence of a stalker then or since. And it's difficult to 'hassle' for making a false claim unless witnesses come forward... but clearly he was comfortable enough with a potential stalker to go outside at night to pose for a photo with his daughter. He also used said daughter as a threat to subscribers to exceed 5000 or he wouldn't be going on air..In other words increasing his daughter's internet prescence while there was an alleged stalker in the neighbourhood...sure it makes sense.

Oh get over yourself. Pull your neck in and have a cookie..here, have two.

Lowbot

Quote from: Metron2267 on June 06, 2018, 05:03:27 PM

So freaking what?

Pot, meet kettle.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Metron2267 on June 06, 2018, 05:03:27 PM

Who made you think that commenting objectively on her and the activities here is "white knight" behavior?

It might help if you quit trying to write scripts for others to read for you, but that's what classic libs do, eh?

I just stated that she did "plateau" and that she had (my take) a low ceiling to begin with.

So how many of your own private set "facts" did you mimeograph off for talking points here, pud?

So freaking what?

I think you need to develop some ability to sort your allegations logically, that much is obvious.

You've imputed linkages where none have been proven to exist.

You've denied the verbal reports from others (Karen included) about the stalker.

And as for what Art may have thought about her being a "natural broadcaster" I believe I have multiple times stated that those with great talent in one discipline do not always make great judges of talent themselves.

Now please go back to your craven political lying, it's far easier to factually fry you on that BS.

:(

You've been here a month or so, and someone made you arbitor/moderator/administrator/head arslikan and twat..

Do we blame MV?

Verbal reports from whom? Art fucking Bell. Are you related or something? Were you head eunich to wipe his/her brow when he/she was hot and bothered?

yoursongs

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 06, 2018, 04:36:44 PM
If you look at the tweets she replied to like Shatner, she was promoting herself to whomever tweeted their condolences to @artbell. Then she has the audacity to call Knapp a vilture. I cut her some slack at first because I thought maybe she was drunk shitposting. But she could have deleted them and apologized but she didn’t. And then fighting it out with Keith showed she was never coming back.

I hope her cat ladies keep her going with an income. At least for awhile.  She should be studying something at an online school to come up with a long term career option.

It's odd, isn't it, that a 42 yr. old is still in need of a long term career option.  I wonder if everybody she ever meant treats her like a child.  Think about it:  from Art, to all her buddies online, to her callers, and even us to a small degree...she is treated like a child, coddled at every corner, given things like Cleopatra II.  I've said this before: she does not have an original thought in her body.  Everything she does is a copy or imitation of something or somebody's else's work.  She is not a hot 25 yr. old up and comer, she's a knockoff, an approaching middle aged hack, with no significant other, no career, very odd personality problems, etc.   I would not want to be her.

Dreamlander

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on June 06, 2018, 03:17:35 PM
No disrespect but none of that's important. Like the diet coke chick said, Just do you, whatever that is. ;)

Gillian Jacobs...oh la la
[attachment=1]