• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

GravitySucks

Quote from: Jocko Johnson on June 06, 2018, 01:10:55 PM
Threatening people on line...does he have a parole or probation officer?

That’s where this discussion led to questions for you as far as online databases

Quote from: chefist on June 06, 2018, 01:02:21 PM
Art was the KFC of late night talk radio...I like your brand of fried chicken (Popeye's)...if the others don't, they can go to Church's or wherever.
More like Walmart Chicken nuggets. Damn good enough and leaves you satisfied at the right price.
Once in a while they will hit you the wrong way, but most of the time just right.
No complaino aqui Senhor El Davo.

chefist

Quote from: Sumthins Goin On on June 06, 2018, 01:16:13 PM
More like Walmart Chicken nuggets. Damn good enough and leaves you satisfied at the right price.
Once in a while they will hit you the wrong way, but most of the time just right.

;D

Lilith

Quote from: chefist on June 06, 2018, 01:02:21 PM
Art was the KFC of late night talk radio...I like your brand of fried chicken (Popeye's)...if the others don't, they can go to Church's or wherever.

Do tell, what should the people do who haven't decided yet?

Dyna-X

Quote from: Juan on June 06, 2018, 01:10:53 PM
Hater
Me? Nah.  I just love Geography and factual statements :)

QuoteInteresting to read what people want or expect from a show

We expect a list of guests and the day that will be on the show for the coming week to be on the front page of their websites,  not a few hours before air time...don't stoop to hoagies level dammit. what bunch of dumpster fires...

Robert

Quote from: DaveSchrader on June 06, 2018, 12:05:40 PMIf you like train wreck radio you have a place to go for it, if you want some one to treat the topics with respect, prepared and able to move a 3 hour conversation without the need to cry, seek pity or blather on about cats
Oooo, now you've got me curious!  She wasn't that bad before, but if she's now someone who provides more unintentional fodder for mirth than Mr. Noory, I might have to listen again.  I thought most of the funniest episodes of 7 Second Delay were the ones stn. mgr. Ken characterized as "a train wreck".

Robert

Quote from: Juan on June 06, 2018, 01:10:53 PM
Hater
I thought we'd agreed to limit the misspelling to "Heater".

GravitySucks

Quote from: AlternativeSide on June 06, 2018, 01:20:36 PM

We expect a list of guests and the day that will be on the show for the coming week to be on the front page of their websites,  not a few hours before air time...

^This

I understand changes need to be accommodated but this last minute jive hurts your live listening numbers.

DaveSchrader

Quote from: Bart Ell on June 06, 2018, 12:46:04 PM
DON'T YOU WORRY, DAVE!
Your friend Bart has you covered.
I am starting a GoFundMe to get you this sweet setup!
Let the passive aggressives find something else to whine about after they see your tootsies in the sand!

P.S. - Please don't wear your pants that way after I get you this.

-Bart Ell
BartEllLegacy.com
KingdomOfNyeRadio.com

Yessssss! Wanna come live in my storage shed and feed me peeled grapes while I'm on air? Winnie refuses to Hail me and do my wicked bidding.

DS

Quote from: Sumthins Goin On on June 06, 2018, 01:16:13 PM

لماذا تقرأ هذا؟

Anyone try those steaks they sell at the Dollar Tree? I was going to try one but the color of the store's logo just got Soylent Green stuck in my head.

chefist

Quote from: brig on June 06, 2018, 01:18:09 PM

They can do whatever they want to...I don't care what someone chooses to listen to or not listen to. I gave my opinion on Dave's show...you have your own. That's about it.

GravitySucks

Quote from: brig on June 06, 2018, 01:18:09 PM

chefist

Quote from: DaveSchrader on June 06, 2018, 01:24:23 PM
Yessssss! Wanna come live in my storage shed and feed me peeled grapes while I'm on air? Winnie refuses to Hail me and do my wicked bidding.

DS

WeinerInHand

A kingdom, a cuckshed, and a congratulations.

bellNwhistle

DS

It's because she's smart. If anything, if you were smart, you'd be doing her bidding.  (I'm guessing you ARE a smart man, and that you already mostly do. ;) )

Bart Ell

DS

Don't disrespect me, Dave.
#Legacy

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 06, 2018, 01:25:20 PM

A complete balanced diet that. With ears, snouts, assholes, lips & tails.
All blended with "natural spices". Try our barbecue flavor won't you?

Sean92008

Quote from: PetePistolwhip on June 06, 2018, 01:24:39 PM
Anyone try those steaks they sell at the Dollar Tree? I was going to try one but the color of the store's logo just got Soylent Green stuck in my head.
There were lunch "pork chops" that I bought at a Dollar Tree, not horrible, not too salty or gristley (?)...  They had something similar at Walmart for 88¢...

I have noticed a great deal of difference between the 99 cent only stores and Dollar Tree based on their location. 99 cent only stores in the Los Angeles area will sell you a whole box of Twinkies for a dollar where you will only get two in the San Diego County area. Also, dollar stores got much better food selection in Las Vegas than they were getting in the San Diego area at the same time. I am presuming that Las Vegas is the end of the line for some of these distributors and they need to dump their inventory before driving back...

Metron2267

Quote from: Renegade Smurf on June 06, 2018, 06:38:16 AM
If HLW's issue is about Art's liners, she could pay à voice impersonator to record new ones.

I wonder if John B Wells would like some contract work.

Art sure liked his voice...

WeinerInHand

Quote from: PetePistolwhip on June 06, 2018, 01:24:39 PM

How bad can it be?

Metron2267

Quote from: timebandit on June 06, 2018, 06:54:11 AM
I don't think karen will fuss over heather's new show name.
She knows she kicked heather in the gut first..
heather has no terrestrial stations so I think if it did go to court a lawyer
can make definite distinctions between a "radio station" call sign' and an internet "podcast".
'Nye' is after all the name of a large section of the state which heather resides in.

Agreed and at worst she could change it to the Kingdom of the Night...

Bart Ell

Quote from: Metron2267 on June 06, 2018, 01:31:45 PM
I wonder if John B Wells would like some contract work.

She already ripped off my name she better not rip off my liners!
https://twitter.com/bart_ell/status/1004169756931514368

Metron2267

Quote from: nooryisawesome on June 06, 2018, 07:14:38 AM
No not at all. Not looking to have a Desert feel. Just more of him laying down a atmosphere/mood at the start of the show. It seems almost clinical and rushed to get to the guest as fast as possible.

That's a relevant insight...I'd even enjoy hearing Leo Asscraft back and his whacky pronounciations...

DaveSchrader

Quote from: Bart Ell on June 06, 2018, 01:28:49 PM
Don't disrespect me, Dave.
#Legacy

Never my Paranoid Pal.

Now where are my grapes and Tide pods?

DS

Metron2267

Quote from: Sean92008 on June 06, 2018, 07:50:21 AM
Targeted harassment.  This is on Facebook and should be reported as such but I understand that, if they actually do it, they'll have bigger fish to fry.

Man you REALLY are into being vindictive! >:(

Bluejay

Quote from: Bart Ell on June 06, 2018, 12:46:04 PM
DON'T YOU WORRY, DAVE!
Your friend Bart has you covered.
I am starting a GoFundMe to get you this sweet setup!
Let the passive aggressives find something else to whine about after they see your tootsies in the sand!

P.S. - Please don't wear your pants that way after I get you this.

-Bart Ell
BartEllLegacy.com
KingdomOfNyeRadio.com
Reminds me of Brian Wilson’s sandbox in his living room.  He had his grand piano sitting in the middle of the sandbox to help with inspiration for his beach-themed music.