Capt. Heater Hook and first mate Michael Smee

GJ69

Quote from: Richard Groyper on June 05, 2018, 05:57:14 PM
Capt. Heater Hook and first mate Michael Smee

As in, it's all about sMEe?

albrecht

Quote from: Pizzapunch on June 05, 2018, 05:48:31 PM
We need our own shield...I want a shield  shed damn it
The Shed&Shield. Sounds like a nice place to get a few pints.

ItsOver

Glad to see the cat section is still there.  :D

https://artbelllegacy.com/cats.html

chefist

Dear lord...that has to be the worst branding ever..."pirate"...admitting you stole or illegally copied something...a brand that would only appeal to past listeners, with nothing to appeal to a new audience (as they would not be able to make the connection with the MITD fiasco)...it's a cliched image/brand, used for liquor, tattoos, maritime activities, etc...but a late night paranormal talk show? Zero connection

Once again HW...

bellNwhistle

Quote from: chefist on June 05, 2018, 06:16:30 PM
Dear lord...that has to be the worst branding ever..."pirate"...admitting you stole or illegally copied something...a brand that would only appeal to past listeners, with nothing to appeal to a new audience (as they would not be able to make the connection with the MITD fiasco)...it's a cliched image/brand, used for liquor, tattoos, maritime activities, etc...but a late night paranormal talk show? Zero connection

Once again HW...

Indeed she did. Yet it’s making for great entertainment.

I wonder if Heather lives by the philosophy that any attention is better than no attention?

El Chorro

I looked online to see how the "pirate" thing has anything to do with the word Nye or the place itself. Isn't the desert landlocked? Is it just "we're swashbucklers!"?? They just swashbuckled, didn't they?

Calico

Once again HW...

Dreamlander

Once again HW...

Heather's obsession with this whole concept of legacy and clinging to anything Art as a co-branding exercise is so odd.  She's a footnote in Art's legacy.  Every paranormal broadcaster since the 90's is Art's legacy.  Even the great Art Bell was a continuing legacy of precursors like In Search Of.

chefist

Quote from: El Chorro on June 05, 2018, 06:21:33 PM
I looked online to see how the "pirate" thing has anything to do with the word Nye or the place itself. Isn't the desert landlocked? Is it just "we're swashbucklers!"?? They just swashbuckled, didn't they?

There ya go...makes no sense whatsoever...but, what would we expect from a complete hambone...

Aquarius

Quote from: Sean92008 on June 05, 2018, 12:41:50 AM
So, was that threat reported to Facebook???  By multiple people?

I checked, in order to report these threats to FB, you have to log in from an andriod or ios FB app, go to your home page, click on your profile picture (right click?) , and choose "inside" profile, and put in your password. Then you log out and re-log in to your FB page and a "send feedback on this post" option appears on the 3-dot menu on the right of posts. Since for many reasons I don't and won't log in to FB on any device other than the one place I am logged in, that eliminates that possibility for me.

I am concerned, though, that since last night they are openly sayiing how to find Keith's address on the internet, saying to mail him horse shit, saying to go and topple his palm trees, etc. in addition to other inciting and harrassing exhortations. I think if he wanted to, he could copy and document all of this from FB and go after all of them for harrassment and threats, intimidation, etc. especially as he has initiated legal action against HW/MITD2.

I am doing an online conference and am way behind in pages, so I don't know if anyone has commented on this already, but tonight HW said it's time for wicked, and intimated she'd get the Satanist/black magic guy on the show and/or to help her. Her cult followers are suggesting she use black magic against Keith, again not a wise move on an open forum (not to mention karmically really bad news).

More later if I have time to come back here tonight.

Quote from: K_Dubb on June 05, 2018, 03:34:35 PM
This Satanist goof.  I think Art had him on or something, or maybe she did when she first took over.

Ooooh, scary!!!

Calico

I remember art once said something about it being time to hoist the jolly roger or something like that

WOTR

We need our own shield...I want a shield damn it

With the big watermark across the front, I'm sure it is copyright... But that is what makes it so appropriate.  8)

timebandit

Quote from: Aquarius on June 05, 2018, 06:23:52 PM
I checked, in order to report these threats to FB, you have to log in from an andriod or ios FB app, go to your home page, click on your profile picture (right click?) , and choose "inside" profile, and put in your password. Then you log out and re-log in to your FB page and a "send feedback on this post" option appears on the 3-dot menu on the right of posts. Since for many reasons I don't and won't log in to FB on any device other than the one place I am logged in, that eliminates that possibility for me.

I am concerned, though, that since last night they are openly sayiing how to find Keith's address on the internet, saying to mail him horse shit, saying to go and topple his palm trees, etc. in addition to other inciting and harrassing exhortations. I think if he wanted to, he could copy and document all of this from FB and go after all of them for harrassment and threats, intimidation, etc. especially as he has initiated legal action against HW/MITD2.

I am doing an online conference and am way behind in pages, so I don't know if anyone has commented on this already, but tonight HW said it's time for wicked, and intimated she'd get the Satanist/black magic guy on the show and/or to help her. Her cult followers are suggesting she use black magic against Keith, again not a wise move on an open forum (not to mention karmically really bad news).

More later if I have time to come back here tonight.
the plot thickens

albrecht

Quote from: Calico on June 05, 2018, 06:25:16 PM
  I remember art once said something about it being time to hoist the jolly roger or something like that
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
  ― H.L. Mencken

whoozit

I prefer the term hornswaggler to swashbucklers.  I think Heater has more in common with hornswagglers than swashbucklers, if you catch my drift.

Kolchak

We need our own shield...I want a shield damn it

It's all yours.

El Chorro

She's completely "pirating" the brand of Karen's station...the K in KNYE is even designated as the first letter of "Kingdom" in her branding (see bottom of screenshot):

Isn't her relationship with Karen already kind of iffy?

WOTR

I suppose you think you have a point about it being landlocked... I believe that all that is necessary is a river or stream.  (If you like "east coast" music, this may be up your alley.)  And if your from the Canadian prairies... Well, I assume you have already heard it.  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8G_L9tXEwmc

K_Dubb

I would think the desert equivalent of a pirate would be a stagecoach bandit, or maybe a cattle rustler.

LadyFish

Quote from: Calico on June 05, 2018, 06:25:16 PM

When Art was reading his book, I think he said he had a pirate radio station at a military base in Amarillo, Texas.

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on June 05, 2018, 05:40:40 PM
If she no longer believes in magic how is this Satanist supposed to help her? Remit some funds for her cat or lawyer?

Call her up and arrange a come-to-Beelzebub meeting?