• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Metron2267

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 03, 2018, 05:37:12 PM
Yep. And this is not a true double wide if I remember correctly. It is a modular home. Doesn’t have its own wheels. They bring them in on a flatbed, fasten them together and then add the siding on the endcaps. My grandparents had one built over a cinder block crawlspace in Michigan and after 25 years it was in pretty rough shape.

Plus there is the unresolved matter of who owns the land it's on and pays the taxes on the parcel.

I'm sure Sean will dig back in the records and tell us if the owns only a structure and not the land it resides on.

Metron2267

Quote from: K_Dubb on June 03, 2018, 05:47:21 PM
Yes, and Karen still idolizes him for it.  When will she ever wake up and realize she's been swindled?

She's made the absolute best out of a small town cash cow, which is what a credible FM station is.

Yes she had to buy it and get a loan, but the revenue stream is regular and secure.

Metron2267

Quote from: K_Dubb on June 03, 2018, 06:07:00 PM
You know, it's too bad Bellgab wasn't around back then so we could warn her what kind of narcissiopathic monster she was dealing with, the poor defenseless creature.  I'm sure that loan came with strings.

It came from a bank, not Art.

Metron2267

Quote from: Bluejay on June 03, 2018, 06:19:08 PM
According to what dictionary?  Last I checked, both spellings are acceptable.  :P

Sticking with the exceptional AMERICAN version, thank you.

Juan

Sean92008

Quote from: ponyboysunset on June 04, 2018, 05:56:43 AM
Free and good are two of my favorite things.  ;D
That's exactly what I say about women!  😀

Again, good to see you back PBS!

ItsOver

Quote from: Sean92008 on June 04, 2018, 09:23:51 AM
I wonder how much she will get for that Eventide BD-500 of hers, I think $75, tops...
They look pricey, in 2013.  $900, used, back then.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Eventide-BD500-Broadcast-Profanity-Delay-40-sec-/331035418473

If she can't get that kind of price today, maybe she can contact her good buddy John Tie-Door, and workout a time travel deal.

Metron2267

Quote from: bellNwhistle on June 04, 2018, 05:57:12 AM
I hear you, Nobody.  I most definitely hear you.

And as good as Dave is, and as much as I like his spin on the show- and appreciate the hard work he and Keith and Michelle have done to keep going in his stead; and appreciate the fact that ol' Karen of KNYE, and Crystal Gayle have both given Dave their seal of approval - there is no Art.  Art is dead. He's been "dead" since he turned it all over to Heather, IMO.   

Heather is not really worth much at this point, beyond a few laughs. I'd like to see Keith kick her name-stealing ass, but after that, she can pretty much fuck off.

Wow.

That's pretty harsh.

Heather is, for better or worse (likely both), what Art intentionally left all of us.

That has to count for something, yes?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Metron2267 on June 04, 2018, 09:51:20 AM
Wow.

That's pretty harsh.

Heather is, for better or worse (likely both), what Art intentionally left all of us.

You'd think...but then again experience says otherwise.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Sean92008 on June 04, 2018, 09:49:46 AM
That's exactly what I say about women!  😀

Again, good to see you back PBS!
Thank you! lol yes women that are free and good lol. Thanks Sean. I read the forum most days but honestly other people are covering what I would say. I now only add to if I think it hasn't been covered. I can't stress this enough this last week has changed me and my mindset in many ways. I need to back to writing, doing artwork and being creative. I need to spend more time with my friends and family.

Metron2267

Quote from: bellNwhistle on June 04, 2018, 06:48:15 AM
For what reason, though? Why are they doing it? Are we to believe she's that fragile?

What more could Heather have possibly gotten from Art in terms of mentoring, that she hadn't gotten in 3 years?

She probably said (or expressed in some way) everything she needed to, to him, before his death. If not to him personally, certainly on air countless times. (How great he was, how she was honored to take over, etc).

She'd finally purchased the property he let her use. (Maybe even rent free. Who knows?)

Stop right there.

THAT is the key question regarding the "shed" - who owns the land it resides on.

Solve for that and you get the real meat of this on your plate.

QuoteLiterally everything she needed was right there at her fingertips.

The trouble was her mouth and her typing fingers. For all of the harassment these Falkie-like mods have to "protect" her from in the chat over there (which I haven't bothered going to), SHE started it. 

Had she not started typing a bunch of stupid shit online after Art died,  maybe not much would have changed here.   Sure, people would still be wondering if she and Keith would be able to work together, and whatnot, but she flipped the script and has literally driven her own train right off of the track.

She has, but the absolute grievous gusto that the regulars here have exhibited is a far more troubling phenomenon than her innate (apparently) self-destructive tendencies.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Juan on June 04, 2018, 09:48:19 AM
Karen said it came from Art.

Yep. She said Art had to finance it when the banks backed out at the last minute but she refinanced it a few years later.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Metron2267 on June 04, 2018, 09:51:20 AM
Wow.

That's pretty harsh.

He left Noory behind intentionally too ('George gets it'), and at least Coast was the show that built Art's reputation, not some lousy vanity project  at the end of his life. Heather is an insipid hack just like Noory and should be treated the same.

Metron2267

Quote from: Juan on June 04, 2018, 09:48:19 AM
Karen said it came from Art.

Huh...you certain?

If so that means she's in hock to the Art Bell estate even now, yes?

Metron2267

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 04, 2018, 09:59:25 AM
Yep. She said Art had to finance it when the banks backed out at the last minute but she refinanced it a few years later.

OK thank you, that makes sense.

Bart Ell

Quote from: aldousburbank on June 04, 2018, 08:21:13 AM
I recently acquired after market pussy fog lights because they were not factory installed.

Wise men (and women, too) know the value of being able to see through that particular fog.
Those who don't end up feeling more violated than Whitley.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Metron2267 on June 04, 2018, 09:38:59 AM
Plus there is the unresolved matter of who owns the land it's on and pays the taxes on the parcel.

I'm sure Sean will dig back in the records and tell us if the owns only a structure and not the land it resides on.

There is no unresolved matter. They showed the listing for the house and property. It probably has a mortgage on it but it closed in her name.  Don’t know if it was by owner financing or a bank.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Bart Ell on June 04, 2018, 10:02:45 AM
Wise men (and women, too) know the value of being able to see through that particular fog.
Those who don't end up feeling more violated than Whitley.
No truer words have ever been spoken. Great sex can make one blind to the obvious red flags that were there all along.
#fuckpies
#unintentialpun
#midnightinthedesserts

Metron2267

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 04, 2018, 09:59:27 AM
He left Noory behind intentionally too ('George gets it'), and at least Coast was the show that built Art's reputation, not some lousy vanity project  at the end of his life. Heather is an insipid hack just like Noory and should be treated the same.

Not disagreeing that Art should have tabbed Knapp or even Punnet as his successor, but frankly Noory wasn't the worst choice at the time, if anything he was a better overall talent than Siegel.

Hilly Rose was too old.

Barbara Simpson lacked critical mass.

And Hoaxie was a competitor, sort of.

I do think Whitley would have been interesting, but I can not see him surviving the grain of 5 night a week overnight radio given his wife's health.

Intentions are tricky things, what we wish to see happen is only that, a wish...

Sean92008

Quote from: SredniVashtar on June 04, 2018, 09:59:27 AM
Heather is an insipid hack just like Noory and should be treated the same.
The thing is, George Noory had a long history of working in the media and hosting his own show... While he is holding steady, Heather has already maxed out her talent and skills and is slipping back to 5-year old "daddy watch my show, daddy" as she hides behind a curtain-mode.

Metron2267

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 04, 2018, 10:04:18 AM
There is no unresolved matter. They showed the listing for the house and property. It probably has a mortgage on it but it closed in her name.  Don’t know if it wasbiwner financing or a bank.

Fair enough then, she doesn't have a rental miasma to survive.

Onward!

Bluejay

Quote from: Bobs Your Uncle on June 04, 2018, 07:07:11 AM
Just thinking about smokes, if she was a 2 pack/day smoker (I thought I saw 3 packs/day) then that would be 2X30=60 per month. Are cigarettes about $5/pack? If so at 2 packs a day that would equal about $300/month or 60 subscribers just for smokes.

Bluejay

Quote from: Doomed on June 04, 2018, 01:30:14 AM
Heater will need that stuff when her little boat sinks. I forsee a trip, or two, to the pawnshop.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Nobody on June 04, 2018, 04:20:06 AM

Whoa, hang on, I never said I was a moralist: I said I was a moral absolutist.

What's the difference?  A "moralist" is defined as:

Best of luck to everyone who is sticking around to watch the bomb bay doors open on Heather's latest effort. *waves*

Oh, don't go!  Your thought is substantial, in several senses of the word, and I like to start the day with fiber.

I will invoke the second definition of moralist as a "a philosopher or writer concerned with moral principles and problems" to defend my use of the term, particularly as that is, now, my only interest in this saga.  The instinct for public shaming may have had a use in small communities but, with our tenuous connection to this subject, hurling invective accomplishes little and the thinking man must step back and consider what, if anything, we may draw from the tale that transcends the hoots of the crowd.

I think we can see enough of her trajectory to guess where it is going, at least in the general sense I'm interested in, so I'll give it a shot.  You find her lack of character remarkable, but (and here you may infer an appreciation for my own inadequacies) I tend to believe that most people plucked from obscurity in a similar way would self-destruct in like manner:  our baser tendencies are merely circumscribed by opportunity.

From this perspective, Heather then becomes an everyman granted a one-in-a-million chance to succeed her idol.  Moving quickly past awe at her good fortune and its attendant humility, she starts believing in destiny, dismissing detractors (who presumably only desire the same thing for her show that she once idolized), insisting on prerogatives, and narrowing the scope of her program -- which once was the universe -- to her own navel.  The scariest part is, I don't think she's even aware of it.

It's a neat little story that reinforces my beliefs about human nature.  I just need a good moral, preferably one that fits in a final couplet.

How about:
And thus, though fortune granted what I prized,
I have become that thing I once despised.

Lilith

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on June 04, 2018, 06:42:15 AM
Too bad she is still so camera shy.  Otherwise perhaps she could add some "Haul" video's to her "Unboxing" segment.
I am sure her cult followers and the World at large would love to see the latest acquisitions from Albertson's or whatever
the hell they have out West.

Package of wings, one of those little cans of ham with Satan on it, can of Hormel Tamales and a carton of smokes............
It would be awesome!

K_Dubb

Quote from: Metron2267 on June 04, 2018, 09:41:37 AM
It came from a bank, not Art.

IIRC he carried it at first until she was able to get financing.

Quote from: Bobs Your Uncle on June 04, 2018, 07:07:11 AM
Just thinking about smokes, if she was a 2 pack/day smoker (I thought I saw 3 packs/day) then that would be 2X30=60 per month. Are cigarettes about $5/pack? If so at 2 packs a day that would equal about $300/month or 60 subscribers just for smokes.
$10 - 15 à day is more than I ever spent on héroïne when I had a habit. And at least my drug actually got me high. The only thing a cigarette will do is piss off everyone who can smell it.