• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Nobody on June 04, 2018, 04:20:06 AM

For some people that is enough.  We all have to take our pleasure where we can find it and I cannot count myself among those who take pleasure in what has quickly deteriorated into Cat Chat in the Desertâ,,¢.  It's not that I don't enjoy a rousing game of Kick the Unpleasant Half-Wit whenever one presents itself, only that my kicking leg needs a rest.

Best of luck to everyone who is sticking around to watch the bomb bay doors open on Heather's latest effort. *waves*

I hear you, Nobody.  I most definitely hear you.

And as good as Dave is, and as much as I like his spin on the show- and appreciate the hard work he and Keith and Michelle have done to keep going in his stead; and appreciate the fact that ol' Karen of KNYE, and Crystal Gayle have both given Dave their seal of approval - there is no Art.  Art is dead. He's been "dead" since he turned it all over to Heather, IMO.   

Heather is not really worth much at this point, beyond a few laughs. I'd like to see Keith kick her name-stealing ass, but after that, she can pretty much fuck off. 

DarKPenguiN

Quote from: bellNwhistle on June 04, 2018, 05:57:12 AM

And as good as Dave is, and as much as I like his spin on the show- and appreciate the hard work he and Keith and Michelle have done to keep going in his stead; and appreciate the fact that ol' Karen of KNYE, and Crystal Gayle have both given Dave their seal of approval - there is no Art.  Art is dead. He's been "dead" since he turned it all over to Heather, IMO.   

Heather is not really worth much at this point, beyond a few laughs. I'd like to see Keith kick her name-stealing ass, but after that, she can pretty much fuck off.
Pretty much I'm on the same page as you guys.

Someone needs to release the krakon.

Exile

Quote from: bellNwhistle link=topic=915

9.msg1240844#msg1240844 date=1528113432

It's not even she can "fuck off". She just isn't registering anymore.  I wish her well and I might even listen from time to time but putting $4.99 into her pocket every month isn't going to happen.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Mr Apnea on June 03, 2018, 04:25:17 PM
And the kooky statement of being half Asian knowing Art openly liked that.

Asian traits tend to be dominant.  So maybe her dad was a mix or something, but I honestly don't buy that she was "half" Chinese.  Not that it matters, but why would she make such a big deal out of it, unless she was trying to impress Art? Like you said, we all knew that did it for him.  ::)

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Exile on June 04, 2018, 06:12:53 AM
It's not even she can "fuck off". She just isn't registering anymore.  I wish her well and I might even listen from time to time but putting $4.99 into her pocket every month isn't going to happen.

Right. I meant that as in "she's pretty much irrelevant and I couldn't care less". She can go live her pathetic life of opening gifts on the air every week, and fluffing up Paul and Ella and they return the favor, and go shack up with Vara, for all I care.  I stopped putting money into her pocket a long while ago.

WC, feel free to keep lovin' up on your HW, but I won't be.

Exile

Quote from: bellNwhistle on June 04, 2018, 06:23:55 AM
Right. I meant that as in "she's pretty much irrelevant and I couldn't care less". She can go live her pathetic life of opening gifts on the air every week, and fluffing up Paul and Ella and they return the favor, and go shack up with Vara, for all I care.  I stopped putting money into her pocket a long while ago.

WC, feel free to keep lovin' up on your HW, but I won't be.

Not a criticism of you at all.  :)  You are right. HLW is irrelevant at this point. The only things left are  for the DCMA take down or lawsuit(s) to play out.

Seem to have misplaced the number to my veh-gas bookie. Maybe he'll give some good odds.  8)

ponyboysunset

Quote from: bellNwhistle on June 04, 2018, 06:23:55 AM
She can go live her pathetic life of opening gifts on the air every week...
She really is turning into Falkie but at least he does video so it's not radio with pictures. If I didn't read this I wouldn't believe this was even possible but clearly it is. Also the mods in that chat seem very Falkie like too banning everyone. What a long, strange journey it's been.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Exile on June 04, 2018, 06:31:45 AM
Not a criticism of you at all.  :)  You are right. HLW is irrelevant at this point. The only things left are  for the DCMA take down or lawsuit(s) to play out.

Seem to have misplaced the number to my veh-gas bookie. Maybe he'll give some good odds.  8)

I am curious where Keith is in that process.   Does he go after Heather and Vara collectively? Or separately? Heather is the one deciding to keep the MITD name, use the music, etc..  but Vara is allowing this to happen on his network.  SO maybe some of the money Vara is trying to collect right now will be for his lawyer fees. :P

I'm curious to know how much money people have sent Heather at this point?  What she's actually using it on? Her new mortgage?

Quote from: ponyboysunset on June 04, 2018, 06:32:49 AM
She really is turning into Falkie but at least he does video so it's not radio with pictures. If I didn't read this I wouldn't believe this was even possible but clearly it is. Also the mods in that chat seem very Falkie like too banning everyone. What a long, strange journey it's been.

Too bad she is still so camera shy.  Otherwise perhaps she could add some "Haul" video's to her "Unboxing" segment.
I am sure her cult followers and the World at large would love to see the latest acquisitions from Albertson's or whatever
the hell they have out West.

Package of wings, one of those little cans of ham with Satan on it, can of Hormel Tamales and a carton of smokes............
It would be awesome!

bellNwhistle

Quote from: ponyboysunset on June 04, 2018, 06:32:49 AM

For what reason, though? Why are they doing it? Are we to believe she's that fragile?

What more could Heather have possibly gotten from Art in terms of mentoring, that she hadn't gotten in 3 years?

She probably said (or expressed in some way) everything she needed to, to him, before his death. If not to him personally, certainly on air countless times. (How great he was, how she was honored to take over, etc).

She'd finally purchased the property he let her use. (Maybe even rent free. Who knows?)

Literally everything she needed was right there at her fingertips.

The trouble was her mouth and her typing fingers. For all of the harassment these Falkie-like mods have to "protect" her from in the chat over there (which I haven't bothered going to), SHE started it. 

Had she not started typing a bunch of stupid shit online after Art died,  maybe not much would have changed here.   Sure, people would still be wondering if she and Keith would be able to work together, and whatnot, but she flipped the script and has literally driven her own train right off of the track.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on June 04, 2018, 06:42:15 AM
Too bad she is still so camera shy.  Otherwise perhaps she could add some "Haul" video's to her "Unboxing" segment.
I am sure her cult followers and the World at large would love to see the latest acquisitions from Albertson's or whatever

Package of wings, one of those little cans of ham with Satan on it, can of Hormel Tamales and a carton of smokes............
It would be awesome!

Good God, could you imagine? These male nitwit can barely keep it in their pants now.  I don't know what the ladies get from it.  :-X

Quote from: bellNwhistle on June 04, 2018, 06:38:31 AM
I am curious where Keith is in that process.   Does he go after Heather and Vara collectively? Or separately? Heather is the one deciding to keep the MITD name, use the music, etc..  but Vara is allowing this to happen on his network.  SO maybe some of the money Vara is trying to collect right now will be for his lawyer fees. :P

I'm curious to know how much money people have sent Heather at this point?  What she's actually using it on? Her new mortgage?

Morning all. At first I thought Vara was distancing himself from her by taking down all mention of her show except on the schedule. But then I thought some post said LNM was processing the payments? I don't know. If LNM is processing the payments then are they controlling the money. Could be a problem.

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on June 04, 2018, 06:42:15 AM

It would be awesome!

Just thinking about smokes, if she was a 2 pack/day smoker (I thought I saw 3 packs/day) then that would be 2X30=60 per month. Are cigarettes about $5/pack? If so at 2 packs a day that would equal about $300/month or 60 subscribers just for smokes.

Quote from: bellNwhistle on June 04, 2018, 06:48:15 AM

The trouble was her mouth and her typing fingers. For all of the harassment these Falkie-like mods have to "protect" her from in the chat over there (which I haven't bothered going to), SHE started it. 

Had she not started typing a bunch of stupid shit online after Art died,  maybe not much would have changed here.   Sure, people would still be wondering if she and Keith would be able to work together, and whatnot, but she flipped the script and has literally driven her own train right off of the track.

You're right. She would have gotten a lot more support if she had not flipped out and started attacking.

There is an interesting scenario that could play out: on Rollye's podcast she said the big reason why podcasts don't go anywhere is because "no one knows you are there".

Art was different because he had that name recognition. Probably one reason why Heather wants to grasp onto everything Art related. Now bring in this Area 51 stunt. If she did do this, it could bring media attention and more potential listeners.

SpookyTim

Quote from: Bobs Your Uncle on June 04, 2018, 07:19:38 AM
There is an interesting scenario that could play out: on Rollye's podcast she said the big reason why podcasts don't go anywhere is because "no one knows you are there".

Art was different because he had that name recognition. Probably one reason why Heather wants to grasp onto everything Art related. Now bring in this Area 51 stunt. If she did do this, it could bring media attention and more potential listeners.

I can't imagine the media would give it much attention, outside of other LNM shows.

Hi Paul.

Bart Ell

Quote from: Bobs Your Uncle on June 04, 2018, 07:19:38 AM
it could bring media attention and more potential listeners.

The only way it gets any attention is if they hang the 7 people who show up and put a THIS IS WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO YOU sign up.
Art got lost in the pussy fog and has a hissy fit when his sheep didn't follow.
Art seemingly also wanted Vara on his network proving Art was absolute shit at choosing talent.
Art had a legacy because Ramona made sure his only concern was going into that spare bedroom in the doublewide and doing a show.
#LEGACY

SergeantMajor

Good morning all! I see we are only a few pages away from overtaking Hoagie thread. Well done!

GravitySucks

Quote from: bellNwhistle on June 04, 2018, 06:38:31 AM

Vara hasn’t broken any law and hasn’t violated any contract. Keith might be able to get an injunction against him to stop him from hosting the show, but his beef is with Heater Wad. She is the one that has violated the terms of her contract (presumably).

Now if LNM is doing the hosting for the archives with the bumper music, that could get Vara in hot water. But that is not  a Keith lawsuit. That is the music folks.

Quote from: Bart Ell on June 04, 2018, 07:27:00 AM
The only way it gets any attention is if they hang the 7 people who show up and put a THIS IS WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO YOU sign up.
Art seemingly also wanted Vara on his network proving Art was absolute shit at choosing talent.
Art had a legacy because Ramona made sure his only concern was going into that spare bedroom in the doublewide and doing a show.
#LEGACY

So basically is Heather S. Crewed?

aldousburbank

Quote from: Bart Ell on June 04, 2018, 07:27:00 AM

I recently acquired after market pussy fog lights because they were not factory installed.

WeinerInHand

Quote from: El Chorro on June 03, 2018, 09:30:20 PM
I really enjoy Bill Cunningham on Sunday nights before Coast. He has an extremely entertaining manner and handles callers very well.

WeinerInHand

Alright, back to driving.
Have a great day everybody!

ItsOver

Quote from: El Chorro on June 03, 2018, 09:30:20 PM
I really enjoy Bill Cunningham on Sunday nights before Coast. He has an extremely entertaining manner and handles callers very well.
Cunningham used to have a WLW 700 local show at night, that ended around midnight, right before the overnight Trucking Bozo show.  I listened to it all the time when I lived in the Cincy area, back in the '80s.  It was a hoot and was a lot more local topics oriented than his national Sunday night show.  The Sunday night show is just too political for me and Cunningham doesn't really "let his hair" down, like he did with his old weeknight show.  Willie still has a local WLW 700 show from noon to 3:00pm that I listen to, on occasion.  He deals more with local Cincy topics on that show but he can be an amusing character, with his own schtick, especially with his hourly "Stooge" reports.  If you like Willie on Sunday, check him out sometime during his weekday show, if you want some laughs and don't mind listening to some Tri-State area stuff.

https://700wlw.iheart.com/featured/bill-cunningham/about/

Sean92008

Quote from: Doomed on June 04, 2018, 01:30:14 AM
Heater will need that stuff when her little boat sinks. I forsee a trip, or two, to the pawnshop.
I wonder how much she will get for that Eventide BD-500 of hers, I think $75, tops...

El Chorro

Quote from: ItsOver on June 04, 2018, 09:11:23 AM
Cunningham used to have a WLW 700 local show at night, that ended around midnight, right before the overnight Trucking Bozo show.  I listened to it all the time when I lived in the Cincy area, back in the '80s.  It was a hoot and was a lot more local topics oriented than his national Sunday night show.  The Sunday night show is just too political for me and Cunningham doesn't really "let his hair" down, like he did with his old weeknight show.  Willie still has a local WLW 700 show from noon to 3:00pm that I listen to, on occasion.  He deals more with local Cincy topics on that show but he can be an amusing character, with his own schtick, especially with his hourly "Stooge" reports.  If you like Willie on Sunday, check him out sometime during his weekday show, if you want some laughs and don't mind listening to some Tri-State area stuff.

https://700wlw.iheart.com/featured/bill-cunningham/about/

Thanks!