• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Metron2267

Freyja makes a fair point, Dave tends to vacillate between being the good cop and bad cop in the course of an interview.

That said Atwater was all over the road and apparently so caffeinated that he had his hands full guiding the conversation.

I don't think we can expect quite the same type of intimacy an Art Bell interview engendered as they are two vastly different broadcasters.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 25, 2018, 06:03:18 PM
No!

Yes!

It is a grand idea and long over due.  With Schrader stuff dumped over into his own gnarl thread, many of the posts in the Heather thread
will dry up and Senda can rightfully become of the King of Bellgab post count once more.

teknoslag

This conspiracy theory just got bolstered.  ;D

Mr Apnea

Quote from: teknoslag on May 25, 2018, 06:11:55 PM
This conspiracy theory just got bolstered.  ;D

More than a typo   ;D ;D ;D

FlarpsWife

Quote from: Freyja on May 25, 2018, 05:55:13 PM
Thinks it's time for Dave to have his own thread without all the Heather Wade and Art Bell BS.

I am starting this thread for Dave's MITD, for his take on the genre, for his shows, his and Ms Win's input, for feedback, conversation and chat before, during/about  Dave's show and not the whole shitload for anyone else in the MITD debacle....yeah, but this site is not known for that.

Let me start off.

I just listened to the show with Atwater. It was a great subject and one I was looking forward to, however my impression from the interview made me visualize that Dave was in some interrogation room with Atwater.

Dave you had some great questions, however the feel of the show was just like I wrote above. It really wasn't a conversation, however more of an interrogation. Overall the program was ok. however my suggestion to you is to make it more like an exploration with the guest vs a more interrogative style.

What I am missing in your shows to date is the feeling that you are sitting in your own home with whatever "guest", person ..asking the questions that you/we seek vs those that you feel your audience wants or will scrutinize you for. Art was a master at this, BS or not.   

If any of you think this is a good idea, then please use this thread going forward.

If not ...carry on..BRAAPs and many tide pods.

+1

Mr Apnea

Quote from: SpookyTim on May 25, 2018, 05:41:36 PM
Hey, what's crappening, everybody? Sorry I've been MIA, I am moving into a new role at the radio station and it's been eating up all my time, but I'm looking forward to catching up on bellgab over the weekend and seeing what happens Monday night.

Enjoyed your Heater Phones.  Here's hoping Heater reappears and grenades again to add some spice back to the messages.

Freyja

Quote from: Metron2267 on May 25, 2018, 06:07:09 PM
Freyja makes a fair point, Dave tends to vacillate between being the good cop and bad cop in the course of an interview.

That said Atwater was all over the road and apparently so caffeinated that he had his hands full guiding the conversation.

I don't think we can expect quite the same type of intimacy an Art Bell interview engendered as they are two vastly different broadcasters.

Thanks for coming on this new thread Metron :)

I am hoping that if Dave truly wants to get good feedback that he can get it in this thread without wading through all the other xxxx.

Anyway, yeah...Atwater seemed a bit loopy at times, yet I felt there were opportunities missed.

I agree, I don't think we will ever see/hear the same "intimacy" that Art seemed to have/project, however that said, I'm hoping for some.
I like to hear a conversation about what may be possible with intelligent conversation, sharing of experience, stories told...NOT what may have been perceived as a quest to prove or disprove anything. That's what "wanna take a ride" was all about.

That said, Dave never has stated what his "vision" is for the show....other than he won't try to be Art Bell. Maybe I missed it.

I'm paying now...let's see how long.   

teknoslag

Quote from: nbirnes on May 25, 2018, 04:32:23 PM
Your wish will probably come true. I'm currently editing and digitizing the original Serial Killers on its 30-year anniversary. Bundy and Bob Keppel talked for hours of recorded interviews, and Bundy helped catch the Riverman. Somewhere in our attic those tapes are moldering.

Bundy did not help catch the Green River Killer. Law enforcement traveled to Florida to interview Bundy in the hopes he could offer them some information that might lead to a suspect, but he gave them nothing of value. Most of the time he just boasted about things he would do after he had committed his murders and masked it as so-called insight. They learned more about him and his perverse desires than they did about GRK, and the few pieces of information (like the killer returning to the dump sites to have sex with the bodies) that did turn out to be true were only confirmed after Gary Ridgeway was identified through DNA and arrested decades later.

That whole 'Bundy-as-a-mad-genius' scenario is nothing but exaggeration and wishful thinking from people who've seen too many Hannibal Lecter movies.

Hey, what's crappening, everybody? Sorry I've been MIA, I am moving into a new role at the radio station and it's been eating up all my time, but I'm looking forward to catching up on bellgab over the weekend and seeing what happens Monday night.

Welcome back. Kinda quiet. Good Dave has phones now.

Freyja

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on May 25, 2018, 06:09:08 PM
Yes!

It is a grand idea and long over due.  With Schrader stuff dumped over into his own gnarl thread, many of the posts in the Heather thread
will dry up and Senda can rightfully become of the King of Bellgab post count once more.

Can you bloody well go back to the Senda thread? What does Senda have to do with Dave?!!? ...'nuff already for trying to be a smart ass.

What' s wrong with you and some of you people?????

Quote from: Freyja on May 25, 2018, 06:23:38 PM
Can you bloody well go back to the Senda thread? What does Senda have to do with Dave?!!? ...'nuff already for trying to be a smart ass.

Senda is LORD!

Lilith

Quote from: Freyja on May 25, 2018, 05:59:36 PM
Think that mebbe Dave and Ms Winni need a thread of their own, free from all the other HLW and Art is dead chat....a place that is theirs for comments, chat during the show, before, after that is more easy to follow.

Yeah, know this likely will go down like a lead balloon...

http://bellgab.com/index.php?topic=12178.new#new

So now Dave and Mrs Dave have to find the time to read TWO threads?  :o

Lilith

Will you be doing your Sat night show?

Quote from: Freyja on May 25, 2018, 06:23:38 PM

Quite a bit actually.  Both have been featured prominently over on https://www.coasttocoastam.com/ and both are part of Noory's Posse.

It's a Friday night before a holiday weekend - relax!

El Chorro

I say not yet. At least see what happens next week. Like it or not, Dave is caught up in the Heather drama as long as Keith is. They can't yet be separated.

30 minutes until retard in the midlands.

albrecht

Why create a new thread? There already was a Dave Schrader thread. Or is the idea to separate his work from other shows (Darkness, C2C, etc) from the new one?

there's nothing wrong with using the original thread.

SaucyRossy

There are too many midnights in a desert.

Metron2267

Quote from: Freyja on May 25, 2018, 06:18:00 PM
Thanks for coming on this new thread Metron :)

You're welcome, and thanks for starting it.

QuoteI am hoping that if Dave truly wants to get good feedback that he can get it in this thread without wading through all the other xxxx.

Anyway, yeah...Atwater seemed a bit loopy at times, yet I felt there were opportunities missed.

There were indeed, I think Whitley would have honed right in and cut through the chaff.

QuoteI agree, I don't think we will ever see/hear the same "intimacy" that Art seemed to have/project, however that said, I'm hoping for some.
I like to hear a conversation about what may be possible with intelligent conversation, sharing of experience, stories told...NOT what may have been perceived as a quest to prove or disprove anything. That's what "wanna take a ride" was all about.

Precisely, the suspension of disbelief, at least to the extent that the guest is encouraged to fully tell their story in a safe setting where their host is not openly critical or hostile, barring their being completely off the rails or overtly lying.

QuoteThat said, Dave never has stated what his "vision" is for the show....other than he won't try to be Art Bell. Maybe I missed it.

I'm paying now...let's see how long.

Same here, and I have a feeling that within a few weeks we'll see an evolved program that reflects more of Dave and less of "not Art", which I think is a reasonable transition for an audience that frankly had almost no Art for a goodly while.

Where's he's strong is where HW is weak - he does his homework. That I respect.

timebandit

Quote from: Freyja on May 25, 2018, 05:59:36 PM
Think that mebbe Dave and Ms Winni need a thread of their own, free from all the other HLW and Art is dead chat....a place that is theirs for comments, chat during the show, before, after that is more easy to follow.

Yeah, know this likely will go down like a lead balloon...

http://bellgab.com/index.php?topic=12178.new#new
I won't even mention I suggested that before Dave's first show.. this is Heather's thread.

GravitySucks

Quote from: timebandit on May 25, 2018, 06:43:09 PM
I won't even mention I suggested that before Dave's first show.. this is Heather's thread.

Falkie created it.

Freyja

Whatever....yeah, have Dave and Win wade through all the crap, unrelated whatevers....don't forget the tons of videos making y'all feel super clever/witty/more disgusting   ...maybe make them read the Senda thread from the beginning....and don't forget the GNS thread.

That's really going to help them try to make this show great.

Carry on...