• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

chefist

Quote from: WOTR on May 17, 2018, 11:51:39 PM
I don't know that I have laughed as hard as I did at that exchange for quite some time.

;D

Batsquatch, that's a new one to me.

Dyna-X

I think Dave is using an Electro-Voice RE20.  Maybe he could give us a studio tour once he's set up.

TigerLily

Quote from: trostol on May 17, 2018, 11:50:39 PM
alright..gotta do that morning work thingy again...night folks

Sleep tight. Don't let Cthulhu bite

Pizzapunch

I think there were several factors at play, with how we felt about her.
1) No-one would have made us happy taking over immediately after we were jilted by Art yet again.
2) It seemed like we were misled and he always planned to give the show to her.
3) Who wants to pay for a subscription to listen to somebody learning how to be a radio host. When there are tons of free alternatives.
4) The way Art constantly tried to prop her up and shove her down our throats, which also led to a sense of arrogance from her.
5) The sense of entitlement. People grind for years in radio honing their craft and she was just given a show out of the blue. That's hard to respect.

Something just always felt off about any situation she's ever been involved in, in my opinion.

dsz

Quote from: El Chorro on May 17, 2018, 09:27:40 PM
It's incredibly unprofessional to let this go until airtime with no update...not even saying "tune into the show for an update." It's smaaaall time, amateur hour. They're just playing at this. Whatever is up, don't go radio silent...unless there is a C&D barring all communication, which is impossible. You can tell your listeners as much if nothing more...you can't be gagged from saying you have no comment.

Things must be really bad.

I don't think they're that much worse than yesterday as she heavily indicated tonight may be a replay during last night's show. It was open lines tonight and tomorrow night... or maybe just tomorrow night. This is why you need to hang on Heather's every word.

albrecht

Quote from: Beelzebubbelah on May 17, 2018, 11:51:20 PM
====================================================
'Allo!
With you yet am i.
Live i for lifetime near Patterson/Gimlin's home turf.
Believing am i that,the critter in the film is an real sasquatch-ette.
Mebbe the species has serious psychic ability,no needs for hardware.
Mind control slipped and masking failed,as can happen some-times.
Or,heck,the "Low Command"in inner earth decided to test the waters for possible diplomatic-level relations by showing us they are real?
If Squatches an native race,there goes the exploitation/extractive resources for most of the N.W.states,hello abbo rights treaties,good-bye mineing,drilling,timbering economy...
"B_B"
PS:No Logo:
"][ 7VF ]["
Owl politics might have been involved with this idea....

painter17

Thank you Bob Gimlin! I like this man... Dave you better go meet that old feller and do  video of your meeting

zeebo

'Allo!
With you yet am i.
Or,heck,the "Low Command"in inner earth decided to test the waters for possible diplomatic-level relations by showing us they are real?
If Squatches an native race,there goes the exploitation/extractive resources for most of the N.W.states,hello abbo rights treaties,good-bye mineing,drilling,timbering economy...
"B_B"
"][ 7VF ]["

Hey Beelz, good to see you buddy.  I like the glitched psychic masking idea.

WOTR

'Allo!
With you yet am i.
Good to see that still around you are.  Any take on the recent drama, or does Beelzebubbelah rise above all of it?

Catsmile

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on May 17, 2018, 10:47:20 PM
So Art sets up a situation where Irene owns the house, yard, studio, and antennas, Karen owns the radio station, Keith owns the Dark Matter network and all the related shows and IP, Heather owns the trailer next door to Irene, some of the equipment is on loan from others, and all of them own a portion of Art's equipment.

And he apparently made promises to Heather regarding things that belonged to others.  That never had a chance to work for anyone when he died.  Why did he think it would?

Hey Art, no one wanted to tell you she sucked and they didn't like her personally.

# Nevar Piss Off The Rich SugarDaddyâ,,¢
# It'sNotWorthIt4MostPeople.
# EasierJust2GoAlong2GetAlong.
# EverythingIsUp4GrabsNao

What a great guy.
Great guest , Dave.
More like him, please.

Spookcat

I imagine Dave is internally fangirling over being invited to spend time with Gimlin

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Catsmile on May 17, 2018, 11:47:37 PM
Well it's not up to science or anyone to prove it's real, or not. Yes it's real footage no doubt, of what still is up in the air. It's all but impossible to prove or disprove bigfoot, ufos, ghost, et al, with an image, video, audio alone. At best it can be interesting, stimulating to the imagination. 50+ years on, not so much nao.   

Prove the image below is real or fake using only the image provided.
# HowLongIsALongRope?
# HowManyAnglesCanDanceOnTheHeadOfAPen?

I agree, you can't do much with images as far as objective proof. It can only ever be suggestive at best, and in 2018 it's just too easy to fake stuff. Old footage like the Patterson footage is better because of provenance, But still possible to have been faked.  With the Patterson footage, some say that there is articulated musculature in the footage that would have been nigh impossible to fake in the 60's. I don't see that though when I watch it, and it really doesn't act like something that doesn't want to be seen. It's more like the look my neighbor gives me when the grass gets too high.

AstroBuzz

Great interview Dave!

You can check that off the old Bucket List. 😁

SnapT

As the one who first suggested the show name MITD on this forum way back in 2013, I really wish Heather would just change the name of her show to REDACTED WITH HEATHER WADE. 

It sounds very cool, and it's so fitting in light of recent events.

Heather, forget the Art Bell Legacy and embrace the REDACTED Legacy!  It could be your salvation.

TigerLily

'Allo!
With you yet am i.
"B_B"
"][ 7VF ]["

Nice to see you B_B. Interesting ideas
PS:WitchLogo:
"TL"

Catsmile

Quote from: Jinger Rat Snapps on May 17, 2018, 10:48:13 PM
I remember HLW went off on a caller and said that she worked for everything that she got with her own two hands, she cut wood, rebuilt cars and no one ever gave her anything including Art Bell, but now she is claiming that Art gave her this and Art gave her that and 2 smokes turned into one and art is dancing on her ceiling

# LetzGetThisPartyStared

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yl6iK3nFI6M

Bluejay

Quote from: Pizzapunch on May 17, 2018, 11:55:43 PM
I think there were several factors at play, with how we felt about her.
1) No-one would have made us happy taking over immediately after we were jilted by Art yet again.
2) It seemed like we were misled and he always planned to give the show to her.
3) Who wants to pay for a subscription to listen to somebody learning how to be a radio host. When there are tons of free alternatives.
4) The way Art constantly tried to prop her up and shove her down our throats, which also led to a sense of arrogance from her.
5) The sense of entitlement. People grind for years in radio honing their craft and she was just given a show out of the blue. That's hard to respect.

Something just always felt off about any situation she's ever been involved in, in my opinion.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: PrairieGhost on May 17, 2018, 11:52:06 PM
I'm actually enjoying this show about bigfoot. It's been done to death but yet it's interesting.

No shit, that was probably the first Bigfoot interview I've listened to seriously in 15 years. Great guest, and Dave is excellent at interviewing.

Quote from: mgordon on May 17, 2018, 11:12:09 PM
I forget,  it's been so long
  Was Redacted from here?  Are you guys sour about her getting the job?
1. YES
2. the ONLY one that is sour is George Senda AKA Falkie, SENDA, “the Guy from Pittsburgh”, the Mooch, Sendapantsdowntohisankles, Falkiepopotamidae, Falkiepopotamus among other names...
you see, he was PROMISED the chair NOT Heather...
(so says George)

WinWinS

Quote from: spookcat on May 17, 2018, 11:57:20 PM
I imagine Dave is internally fangirling over being invited to spend time with Gimlin

Totally! LOL

zeebo

Quote from: PrairieGhost on May 17, 2018, 11:52:06 PM
I'm actually enjoying this show about bigfoot. It's been done to death but yet it's interesting.

Yeah me too.  Dave's shows have that organic quality where interesting branches can still form from old tree trunks.

TigerLily

Quote from: SredniVashtar on May 17, 2018, 11:53:34 PM
This is a good show. I like Dave.

You have been very gracious and accepting. Feeling okay?

El Chorro

Neat guy who deserves a break after years in Patterson's shadow and having to deal with all the Bigfoot nuts. https://www.bobgimlin.net

GravitySucks

Quote from: SnapT on May 17, 2018, 11:57:53 PM
As the one who first suggested the show name MITD on this forum way back in 2013, I really wish Heather would just change the name of her show to REDACTED WITH HEATHER WADE. 

It sounds very cool, and it's so fitting in light of recent events.

Heather, forget the Art Bell Legacy and embrace the REDACTED Legacy!  It could be your salvation.

I second this emotion.