• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on May 10, 2018, 01:47:53 PM
Paul needs to "pee" that dog.
Was it Paul that pees the dog and Ella does the breast exams or do they alternate?

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Kolchak on May 10, 2018, 01:54:29 PM
Kind of hoping someone replies "I never asked for this."
I really need to create a fake account but given they read here they will now look at every new friend request as it possibly being me. It's not, I swear.  ::)

chefist

Quote from: Grifynne on May 10, 2018, 01:54:57 PM
I get the impression most of it was Paul and Ella randomly sending her stuff unless they are having private convos we can't see. That would be weird because most of what they post sounds like something you would send as a private discussion, but it's posted publicly. I just assumed they either didn't know how or didn't want to send private messages. lol

Do Paul and Ella know they are famous now?

chefist

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 10, 2018, 01:55:22 PM
I really need to create a fake account but given they read here they will now look at every new friend request as it possibly being me. It's not, I swear.  ::)

Or just sit back and watch everyone else produce the entertainment! Ha  ;D

Quote from: albrecht on May 10, 2018, 01:46:07 PM
Yes, they did. I'm still not sure if they bought some kind of embroidered socks or if the sock package said "Heather," as in the sort of color, and Paul&Ella thought it was some kind of "sign" and so sent them to Heather?

I thought perhaps Ella bought herself a pair of socks, perhaps some time ago. They just happened to say Heather on them by chance. I guess the store was out of ''Ella'' socks.

Time goes by and now she has a best buddy called Heather. It's only right she gives Heather the socks. And a few painted rocks.

Lilith

Quote from: ItsOver on May 10, 2018, 01:53:14 PM
We may be entering the realm of Dave Schrader show material.

I would LOVE that!

Grifynne

Quote from: chefist on May 10, 2018, 01:56:37 PM

I don't think they are aware of most things.

ItsOver

I don't believe the FBI has busted down there door yet, Chefist.

Kolchak

Paul and Ella need to call into an episode of...Louisville Tonight!

chefist

Quote from: Kolchak on May 10, 2018, 01:59:40 PM
Paul and Ella need to call into an episode of...Louisville Tonight!

Ha... ;D So that's their locale...I actually worked there for a year on assignment...nice area. This is so much fun...I'm glad to be a witness to the best show on Earth.

Taco Bell

Quote from: ItsOver on May 10, 2018, 01:14:50 PM
I am stunned.  Mean babies aside, who would possibly do what you're saying, Albrecht, on a nightly basis, at 10:00pm PST?

That mean baby line gets me every time.

Kolchak

Quote from: chefist on May 10, 2018, 02:01:27 PM
Ha... ;D So that's their locale...I actually worked there for a year on assignment...nice area. This is so much fun...I'm glad to be a witness to the best show on Earth.

That's where Paul's originally from. They live in Caneyville, but Louisville has a nicer ring.

chefist

Quote from: Kolchak on May 10, 2018, 02:02:57 PM
That's where Paul's originally from. They live in Caneyville, but Louisville has a nicer ring.

Agreed...Louisville Tonight! has a better ring to it.  ;D

yoursongs

Ella never used to call in, it was always Paul.  He sounded like an old leatherneck, who seemed to know his shit.  I got curious one time and found him on facebook.  Instead of being a thin, rough-faced leatherneck (like he sounds) he is kinda fat and is much younger than he sounds.  I think he and Ella are goofballs who like to sit back and listen, and somehow decided they love Heather.  Anyway, Ella started calling in too, and then sometimes they both would be on the line.  HW always asked her listeners to send her stuff (esp. videos and pictures).  That way she could claim credit of "uncovering" something if it turned out to be of interest.

ItsOver

Ha!  It figures.  I'll be passing by there in several weeks on a road trip.  Right down I-65.  I'll try to time a pit stop there to get pee'd.

Kolchak

Quote from: yoursongs on May 10, 2018, 02:05:36 PM
Ella never used to call in, it was always Paul.  He sounded like an old leatherneck, who seemed to know his shit.  I got curious one time and found him on facebook.  Instead of being a thin, rough-faced leatherneck (like he sounds) he is kinda fat and is much younger than he sounds.  I think he and Ella are goofballs who like to sit back and listen, and somehow decided they love Heather.  Anyway, Ella started calling in too, and then sometimes they both would be on the line.  HW always asked her listeners to send her stuff (esp. videos and pictures).  That way she could claim credit of "uncovering" something if it turned out to be of interest.

I'm going to dig into the time traveler archives. Listening to Heather might be worth it if I can find them popping up during open lines.

albrecht

I don't know "Caneyville" has a weird, hillybilly-esque ring to it. Like a town where carnies would live.

chefist

Ha...I never remember Art singling out a particular "fan"...he'd just give a very quick shout out, then move on...never to be heard from again...

Clearly, HW does not have a large fan base...

ItsOver

Sounds like Paul and Ella should be a big "get" for Heater.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Kolchak on May 10, 2018, 02:08:12 PM
I'm going to dig into the time traveler archives. Listening to Heather might be worth it if I can find them popping up during open lines.

It’s not just open lines. Probably 4 times per week.

albrecht

Quote from: Kolchak on May 10, 2018, 02:08:12 PM
It would be yeoman's work having to listen to hours of Heather but a "Best of Paul&Ella" mp3 and updates would be popular. Maybe there is some 'high-tech' way to make it easier, like looking for a voice pattern wave or something and then cutting that out automatically?

GravitySucks

Quote from: chefist on May 10, 2018, 02:09:39 PM
Ha...I never remember Art singling out a particular "fan"...he'd just give a very quick shout out, then move on...never to be heard from again...

Clearly, HW does not have a large fan base...

You can only punch so many tickets.

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on May 10, 2018, 02:08:27 PM
I don't know "Caneyville" has a weird, hillybilly-esque ring to it. Like a town where carnies would live.
It's definitely an "out-in-the-country" area but very pretty, with rolling hills, small mountains/ big hills, and bluegrass, not far from the Cave City area

yoursongs

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 10, 2018, 02:11:37 PM
You can only punch so many tickets.

How about "Curt" who was in California i think....he was the "Madonna is my girl" guy, who became a spiritual sort at some point in his life.  I may be confusing 2 different guys, not sure.  Anybody remember him?

Quote from: Faustina on May 10, 2018, 12:59:46 PM
Heather tweeted the following: 
“I'll be broadcasting from the Pahrump Walmart parking lot over the CB starting on Monday. The way late night talk radio was ment to be heard.”

Wow.

CLEAN UP ON ASILE 3!

HumanBeing

Quote from: yoursongs on May 10, 2018, 01:15:40 PM
I always thought Paul was one of the better callers when HW was slightly listenable.  But lately, he and Ella seem like they've lost it.  I wonder if they have always been like they are now, and that's why HW favored them so highly when she had them call in.

They seem to be going through serious Wade withdrawals.
But bless their cotton socks, their spirits seem lifted today with Heather poking her head up and posting on Facebook.
It has recharged her base of fans which include guys who want to bang her, crazy cat ladies and crazy cat ladies who want to bang her.

Quote from: HumanBeing on May 10, 2018, 02:28:09 PM
But bless their cotton socks, their spirits seem lifted today with Heather poking her head up and posting on Facebook.
It has recharged her base of fans which include guys who want to bang her, crazy cat ladies and crazy cat ladies who want to bang her.

Is 10 people really a fan base? Maybe they're going through ''Wade-drawals''  :o

yoursongs

Quote from: HumanBeing on May 10, 2018, 02:28:09 PM

That's another thing that mystifies me.  Why would anyone think she is bangable?  She is 42 or 43 now, isn't very attractive, and might even be a man LOL.  The one photo we have of  her as an "adult"  shows her head quite tilted (this is a trick to hide flaws done by photographers), and she has hair extensions, and the extended version of that pic shows this see-through top thingy with sleeves that are too short.

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on May 10, 2018, 01:25:30 PM
I think there is still the threat from them. We cannot understand the wily Oriental minds that are bent on world domination. I keep a sharp lookout for Dr. Fu Manchu and his henchmen and the "Commies."

Haha retro is cool.

The point I was trying to make is that I can answer porpoise's objections to Roswell best by conjuring the cultural hive-fear that produced it:  the craft was part of a scattershot exploratory spray, not overly engineered due to expendability, high-tech is brittle and not necessarily adaptable in complex bureaucracy-bound societies (cf. 19th-century China, our own woes with state-of-the-art military stuff).

As the world's cultures become better known to each other it's increasingly difficult to imagine hivey societies, which is part of why Roswell seems quaint.  But again, that's more us than them.