• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

GravitySucks

Quote from: ShayP on May 08, 2018, 08:08:52 PM
And the use of "rather then" instead of "rather THAN."  Plus this idiot bastard below with his improper use.  It's not "better then this"...It's "better than this."  Sorry.  I'm not the grammar police, but it is a pet peeve.

Rumor is that they are on your side of the Mississippi. Go deal.

PrairieGhost

Quote from: dsz on May 08, 2018, 10:50:10 PM
But... losing to Clyde, Savage, John, and Jimmy on just the second night (even if you put both MITD streams together) isn't the biggest selling point. It'll be interesting to see Header Wad's second night rankings.

I do believe that's just people listening through TalkStreamLive. I could be wrong.

Faustina

Quote from: PrairieGhost on May 08, 2018, 10:21:13 PM
If they don't want to pay for music, indie bands are the way to go. They are happy to let you use it for free to get exposure.

I think that would be a great idea.  Get the word out that they're accepting indie band's music to play on the show, and their payment for use of their music is the exposure. 

albrecht

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 08, 2018, 10:48:53 PM
“You can fill in the dots” by the guest. Sounds like a GNS line.
Arguably, saying it because kids for some years have to "fill in dots" as opposed to writing etc on tests? And teachers, strike that, administrators are big into only certain pencils used and completely "fill in dots" so funding is approved because no problem with tests, regardless of results?

dsz

Quote from: PrairieGhost on May 08, 2018, 10:52:21 PM
I do believe that's just people listening through TalkStreamLive. I could be wrong.

Hmmm... I understood it to be monitoring those individual feeds wherever they are streaming through (website, TuneIn, TS), but I'm sure there is an expert here to clear it up  ;) Funky Noory, where you at?

Corona Kitty

Quote from: PrairieGhost on May 08, 2018, 10:52:21 PM

Who the fuck uses that?

Lilith

I think this guest is making some good points on personal discipline and "spiritual" development, I just don't think it has a thing to do with ET's of any sort.

This hippie has a great voice.

El Chorro

Guest strongly implies MAGA is the good power in the universe cleansing demonic forces...but Dave not pursuing.

Tricky-D

Quote from: supernova on May 08, 2018, 10:33:55 PM
You know I totally gave up on c2c so never heard Dave until last night. This guy is pretty darn good, I predict that Keith will pick up a decent number of affiliates!

Quote from: PrairieGhost on May 08, 2018, 10:38:35 PM
Yeah, I'm having the same feeling.

He is definitely better than HW and Dave Snorry. I have to wonder what the market demand is for paranormal themed overnight talk show on the syndication market?

PrairieGhost

Quote from: username on May 08, 2018, 10:54:18 PM
Who the fuck uses that?

Mostly mobile users on their app.

dsz

Quote from: username on May 08, 2018, 10:54:18 PM
Who the fuck uses that?

Good point, so that must not be the metric... I mean who is going to go to TS to listen to Fox News radio?

popple

Quote from: El Chorro on May 08, 2018, 10:54:41 PM
Guest strongly implies MAGA is the good power in the universe cleansing demonic forces...but Dave not pursuing.

PrairieGhost

I'm really digging the show. Dave has slowed down a bit from last night.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: PrairieGhost on May 08, 2018, 10:55:52 PM
Mostly mobile users on their app.

I've honestly always wondered.

Quote from: dsz on May 08, 2018, 10:55:54 PM
Good point, so that must not be the metric... I mean who is going to go to TS to listen to Fox News radio?

The same folks who use the jitter bug? I don't think this type of show is in demand In radio. Maybe I am wrong, but it is interesting from an outside perspective. The radio industry is in shambles and they have not made a single profit since ..... What 2008>?

rip radio.

GravitySucks

Quote from: albrecht on May 08, 2018, 10:53:11 PM
Arguably, saying it because kids for some years have to "fill in dots" as opposed to writing etc on tests? And teachers, strike that, administrators are big into only certain pencils used and completely "fill in dots" so funding is approved because no problem with tests, regardless of results?

Connect the dots is what he meant.

SciFiAuthor

This is one of those guests that are badly outdated. I could never figure out how people that believe that humans are genetically altered by another species haven't realized that would mean that the species doing the alteration is no longer alien. It would be a direct ancestor. Of course, 10 minutes on google looking into the human genome would dispel the claim that we are altered, but that's neither here nor there.

GravitySucks

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on May 08, 2018, 11:01:47 PM
This is one of those guests that are badly outdated. I could never figure out how people that believe that humans are genetically altered by another species haven't realized that would mean that the species doing the alteration is no longer alien. It would be a direct ancestor. Of course, 10 minutes on google looking into the human genome would dispel the claim that we are altered, but that's neither here nor there.

Aliens wrote google.

Corona Kitty

Quote from: PrairieGhost on May 08, 2018, 10:58:53 PM
I'm really digging the show. Dave has slowed down a bit from last night.

I'm not even listening but I already know it's better than ... You know who.

PrairieGhost

That is a very good point. I would much rather have a science based guest but I am interested in the things that happen on his ranch. They should stick to that.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 08, 2018, 11:02:37 PM
Aliens wrote google.

I can buy that. Pretty sure they did FaceBook too after watching Zuckerdroid give his testimony to congress.

GravitySucks

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on May 08, 2018, 11:04:04 PM
I can buy that. Pretty sure they did FaceBook too after watching Zuckerdroid give his testimony to congress.

H1B visas be damned

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: PrairieGhost on May 08, 2018, 11:03:48 PM
That is a very good point. I would much rather have a science based guest but I am interested in the things that happen on his ranch. They should stick to that.

Exactly, keep to the spooky ranch stuff. Explaining it with wild contact claims actually guts the spooky from it. Unexplained is more interesting than explained with weird contact claims.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 08, 2018, 11:05:10 PM
H1B visas be damned

Clearly we need a space wall to keep alien programmers away from Earth.

albrecht

Quote from: username on May 08, 2018, 11:00:24 PM
I've honestly always wondered.

The same folks who use the jitter bug? I don't think this type of show is in demand In radio. Maybe I am wrong, but it is interesting from an outside perspective. The radio industry is in shambles and they have not made a single profit since ..... What 2008>?

rip radio.
Bob will be pissed at you! Thing is that is the 'model,' to crib a term. Internet, internet, intetnet... just a hive-mind, control system, and surveillence system. Dumbing down, changing history, directing social movements, changing books (and now voice, video, etc,) and solidifying what 'whacky' professors on the left have been saying for decades and corporarist billionaires on the right have been wanting always. No truth..becomes truth is what we say. A matter of perspective. Just a matter of source, in a oath toward an objective.

PrairieGhost

How does TSL rank and compile its ratings reports?

TSL ranks streaming talk shows based on actual real time listenership. TSL compiles its ranking reports quarterly and annually. The TSL Top 25 Report tracks talk radio show listener sessions and these metrics are collected through our cloud based server online at Talk Stream Live's Website, Gadgets, iPhone, iPad, Android Apps and our listen links on Social Networks. TSL only ranks the talk shows that are listed at TalkStreamLive.com. TSL Top 25 Streaming Talk Shows and TSL Power 50 ranking reports published at: https://blog.talkstreamlive.com/

Lilith

Hi SciFi  ;D

aldousburbank

I hope Paul and Ella are enjoying this.