• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Sean92008

Quote from: Freyja on May 08, 2018, 06:23:27 PM
So, how do we know which Dave is Dave?

Didn't we refer to Snoron as Dave or am I visiting an alternate universe??
Why don't we just refer to Good Dave as Mr Winnie?

chefist

Quote from: albrecht on May 08, 2018, 06:24:58 PM
Not looking good for the YODA bill that would have clarified things (he had to resign due to harassment issues....)
https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/115/hr905
https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2017/02/yoda-bill-would-let-you-own-and-sell-your-devices-re-introduced-congress

Some of these things are dragged out for years and years...happened in my industry (inkjets and toner)...in the end, the Trademark and Patent office rules in favor of reselling...it all falls under, "repair and reconstruction"...imagine tomorrow no more used car sales, no "used" home sales, etc...

Grifynne

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 08, 2018, 06:28:48 PM
Dave Schrader is good friends with Dark so I imagine he will be on his show.  I don't know about any drama concerning him.  He is based out of New Orleans and likes to podcast spooky stories involving Dogman, Bigfoot, ghosts and the like.

He had some run in with Vic Cundiff from Dogman Encounters a long while back. I was just an observer on the sidelines, but I was put off by the way Dark Waters handled it. I recall Vic backing off and moving on while DW took a much more aggressive stance. Don't recall all the dirty details, but it left a bad taste in my mouth. For all I know, he and Vic may have kissed and made up at this point. I just didn't feel too interested in checking out more of DW after that.

cweb

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 08, 2018, 06:28:48 PM
Dave Schrader is good friends with Dark so I imagine he will be on his show.  I don't know about any drama concerning him.  He is based out of New Orleans and likes to podcast spooky stories involving Dogman, Bigfoot, ghosts and the like.
I think Dave had him on C2C at one point. Howard Hughes did as well. He had some interesting stories that are certainly enhanced by working with an engaged host like Dave or Howard. I hope Dave has him on and hopefully the drama is just hearsay.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 08, 2018, 04:47:35 PM
So if one is a bellgabber they can’t belong to a Heater Wade group on Facebook. Doesn’t that limit your potential fan base?

If one was a bellgabber does that disqualify you? Can the group ban itself?

Juan

DW was even good with Heather.

albrecht

Quote from: chefist on May 08, 2018, 06:34:05 PM
Some of these things are dragged out for years and years...happened in my industry (inkjets and toner)...in the end, the Trademark and Patent office rules in favor of reselling...it all falls under, "repair and reconstruction"...imagine tomorrow no more used car sales, no "used" home sales, etc...
Yeah I recall HP etc arguing that refilling ink-jets was bad, proprietary, would cause damage to machine, would void warranties etc etc.

GM still refused a repair under warranty because my cousin installed K&N air filter not OEM and since guy had already put VIN in the 'system' the 'known issue' wasn't covered. I don't know all the details but the guy implied if he would've replaced the K&N before he took it in the warranty would've covered the issue but K&N was considered a "modification" since it is a different type. And that was just an air-filter?

ponyboysunset

Quote from: SaucyRossy on May 08, 2018, 06:37:31 PM
If one was a bellgabber does that disqualify you? Can the group ban itself?
Bwhahahahaha!
I’d say they are pretty fucked by those rules.

ItsOver

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 08, 2018, 06:31:24 PM
I generally refer to Noory as Jorch but some still call him Dave.
Yes, Dave is still acceptable, per the BellGab Seal of Good Practice, with Good Dave being used to differentiate DS from GNoory.  When GNoory is referred to as a Dave, Bad Dave is quite acceptable to further emphasize the Gnoory reference.  For further clarification, please contact Morgus, noted BG historian and gold standard reference for all things BG.

Robert

Quote from: DaveSchrader on May 08, 2018, 12:45:46 PMI WILL be doing open lines when the systems are installed and running and I will not screen my calls as a tip of the hat to Art.

Music will change as time goes by.  The opening and closing themes are staying put, we will build our bumper library and add new, old and favorites plus custom.
Thanks.

I enjoy looking under the hood, so when you get a chance I'd appreciate learning who does what in the production cycle for the show.

Robert

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 08, 2018, 12:54:01 PMDamn how does your wife look so young?
Ivory soap?  At least that's how it is in the ads.

I'm a little worried about Dave after what happened to the last host...

SergeantMajor

Quote from: yoursongs on May 08, 2018, 05:21:22 PM
Hmmm, so you consider the entire state of Minnesota to be a cultural desert?   You must be from Sanctuary City

No, I grew up in Iowa, another cutural desert. We recognize our own.

Grifynne

Quote from: WildCard on May 08, 2018, 06:58:50 PM

i don't get it?

Sooo.. Art Bell looked at Heather, threw his hands into the air and said "I guess I'll die."?

ItsOver

Quote from: ShayP on May 08, 2018, 06:17:31 PM
I like to party.

Another wild night in Mr. Rogers' Hood. ;D The neighbors are hoping you'll keep the rapping to the polka music under control tonight.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Grifynne on May 08, 2018, 07:00:37 PM
Sooo.. Art Bell looked at Heather, threw his hands into the air and said "I guess I'll die."?
I am confused too. As his wife is 36 so really not a young girl. Try again whoever made that. Lol.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: ItsOver on May 08, 2018, 06:50:36 PM
Yes, Dave is still acceptable, per the BellGab Seal of Good Practice, with Good Dave being used to differentiate DS from GNoory.  When GNoory is referred to as a Dave, Bad Dave is quite acceptable to further emphasize the Gnoory reference.  For further clarification, please contact Morgus, noted BG historian and gold standard reference for all things BG.

And why do we call Noory “Dave”?  Sorry, but I’m still out of the loop on that one.

Grifynne

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 08, 2018, 07:02:00 PM
I am confused too. As his wife is 36 so really not a young girl. Try again whoever made that. Lol.

As someone who is also 36, I can confirm that I am in fact a grown ass woman. Definitely not a young girl anymore.  ::)

bellNwhistle

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 08, 2018, 07:02:00 PM

Did Lasha make that?  ::)

ItsOver

Quote from: AlternativeSide on May 08, 2018, 06:57:57 PM
I'm a little worried about Dave after what happened to the last host...

Are we still talking about Yorkshire pudding recipes?

Grifynne

Quote from: ItsOver on May 08, 2018, 07:06:24 PM
Are we still talking about Yorkshire pudding recipes?
Keep grinding the meat.

WildCard

Quote from: Grifynne on May 08, 2018, 07:00:37 PM

that make's as much sense as anything.

albrecht

Quote from: SergeantMajor on May 08, 2018, 07:00:28 PM
No, I grew up in Iowa, another cutural desert. We recognize our own.
https://www.citylab.com/life/2018/05/the-rise-of-the-rural-creative-class/559319/
"Wojan and company’s analysis find a strong statistical association between the arts, innovation, and economic dynamism in rural areas. And this leads them to conclude that the arts are a direct force in rural innovation, not just an indirect factor that helps to attract and retain talent."

dsz

Quote from: Juan on May 08, 2018, 06:38:06 PM
DW was even good with Heather.

Which is partly to Heather's credit and the chemistry they have with each other, right?

# TeamHeatherWeevil

dsz

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 08, 2018, 07:06:17 PM

Lasha was at aerobics class at LotsaLotsa Curves when that was made.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 08, 2018, 07:06:17 PM
Don’t know but really they could have avoided all of this had she just done her fucking JOB! Cry me a fucking river. One of my good friends at work lost her husband of twenty years and was back working two days later. Twenty years. Heather knew Art  3 fucking years. It’s so over the top. Lol.

ItsOver

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 08, 2018, 07:02:09 PM
And why do we call Noory “Dave”?  Sorry, but Im still out if the loop on that one.
It goes back to someone contacting a radio station manager, asking if they were going to carry MITD with Art, prior to it's start.  The manager replied by saying he believed they were airing Dave Noorie.  ;D

Father Jack

Nice to see that things have calmed down a good deal since MiTD has been fixed. Hope Keith can snag some terrestrial affiliates now. It would be nice to get one here in the high alpine desert.

dsz

Rob gets it. Heather is nothing if not special.