• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

hanhepi wi

not able to re join MITD--This site can’t be reached
darkmatterdigitalnetwork.com took too long to respond.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Hells Mole on May 08, 2018, 07:39:21 AM
The community is what it's all about.  So feel you on the HW voice issue.  I really did give her an honest chance when Art jumped ship but like you the effort required to try to get passed her wretchedly disingenuous vocalizations left no room in my mind to consider the content of discussion.
When I listened to what she was doing in March it made her sound almost like a normal person in December of 2016.  Unbelievable!  Not a good reflection of Art's mentorship that she went from vaguely human to preposterous caricature under his watch.
I was done the first night she took over but due to me thinking I was being too hard on her went back twice. That first night was so telling. If you can't go to a break without fucking up the break music it's over. It's not that hard. And Art had to call in to calm her down even though there was a "stalker" on the loose. (more like some kid with firecrackers)
Regardless I could not get past how fake she was. That will make me turn off a host of every time.

wr250

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 08, 2018, 07:38:56 AM
I am pretty sure that Heater Wade doesn't have hacking skills. But I could be wrong. I think people are just so happy to have someone who doesn't SUCK as a host again that they are subscribing by the droves.
you can rent a botnet to do it for you. its not that expensive (recently busted person was renting thiers out for $15/hour).
or it could be that good dave has sparked a massive amount of downloads, effectively ddos'ing the site.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: wr250 on May 08, 2018, 07:43:02 AM
you can rent a botnet to do it for you. its not that expensive (recently busted person was renting thiers out for $15/hour).
Isn't that illegal? Not to mention childish. People will still sign up. It's not going to hurt anything.

Skunk Ape

Quote from: hanhepi wi on May 08, 2018, 07:40:38 AM
not able to re join MITD--This site can’t be reached
darkmatterdigitalnetwork.com took too long to respond.

Yep. Having the same issue.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Dyna-X on May 08, 2018, 07:40:31 AM
Can see your point. On the other hand, it is kind of a tradition. Why do C2C, Rush Limbaugh, John B. Wells, and others use them? I guess the simple answer is they can afford to.
Stupid Rush ruining that Pretenders song for me. Grrr...LOL

wr250

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 08, 2018, 07:43:54 AM
Isn't that illegal? Not to mention childish. People will still sign up. It's not going to hurt anything.
yes it is illegal and childish.but think about it for a minute, this is the internet full of facebook morons.
not saying heather would do it, but by looking at some of her supporters, some of them seem vindictive enough to do such a thing.
perhaps they should put effort into improving uprns feeds, as opposed to being childish.

Rhucus

Did anyone tape the show?

ponyboysunset

Quote from: wr250 on May 08, 2018, 07:45:38 AM
yes it is illegal and childish.but think about it for a minute, this is the internet full of facebook morons.
not saying heather would do it, but by looking at some of her supporters, some of them seem vindictive enough to do such a thing.
Oh I think it's something they might consider and I mean has she yet to take the high road in any of this? Nope. So you make a great point.

wr250

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 08, 2018, 07:48:00 AM
Oh I think it's something they might consider and I mean has she yet to take the high road in any of this? Nope. So you make a great point.
or it could be completely unrelated, such as server maintenance gone wrong, server has lost its internet connection, or other IT issue, making it a coincidence.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: wr250 on May 08, 2018, 07:51:09 AM
or it could be completely unrelated, such as server maintenance gone wrong, server has lost its internet connection, or other IT issue, making it a coincidence.
Probably more likely that. They were bashing Dave last night calling him boring. Well, I should say Lasha was bashing him. So I think they still believe they have the upper hand of Art's "real" legacy.  ::)

cweb

There was an issue where Keith had to change your subscription date if you cancelled and then resubbed. Maybe he's working on a fix and wants to keep the subscriptions page from getting slammed while he does it.

Hells Mole

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 08, 2018, 07:43:02 AM
I was done the first night she took over but due to me thinking I was being too hard on her went back twice. That first night was so telling. If you can't go to a break without fucking up the break music it's over. It's not that hard. And Art had to call in to calm her down even though there was a "stalker" on the loose. (more like some kid with firecrackers)
Regardless I could not get past how fake she was. That will make me turn off a host of every time.

I think I gave her maybe as many as five nights.  I remained subscribed for maybe three months before I decided Art probably was never coming back and then cancelled it since I never even listened to the shows.  One of the nights during the first week my companion came home from work while HW was on and she thought it was absolutely terrible as well.  She was new to Art Bell but fell in love with him pretty quick during the MITD run thanks to me having it on all the time.  When Heather took over though, she was appalled at her voice, cackling and poor guest and caller interaction.  Like many I was just holding out for Art.

wr250

Quote from: cweb on May 08, 2018, 07:57:46 AM
There was an issue where Keith had to change your subscription date if you cancelled and then resubbed. Maybe he's working on a fix and wants to keep the subscriptions page from getting slammed while he does it.
darkmatterdigitalnetwork.com is down. the whole site. not just the sub page.
cant ping the site
traceroute times out at 15 hops (this may vary depending on your isp).

Dyna-X

Quote from: wr250 on May 08, 2018, 07:43:02 AM
or it could be that good dave has sparked a massive amount of downloads, effectively ddos'ing the site.
I'm hoping for the latter. Its like the site was a rusty wheel forced to go 65 miles per hour.

cweb

Quote from: wr250 on May 08, 2018, 07:59:04 AM
Maybe it's a blunt way to accomplish that? Or he's jazzing up the network page with some Daveness.

wr250

Quote from: cweb on May 08, 2018, 08:02:48 AM
Maybe it's a blunt way to accomplish that? Or he's jazzing up the network page with some Daveness.
i added to my post above. ie cant ping the site, and traceroute fails at 15 hops

DynamoHum

It's definitely just that page that is affected as I am listening to the show from last night on the site and it hasn't fallen over, however if I try and open a new tab to go to the homepage it falls over, very hallmarky of a DDOS .... guessing this is an easy fix for Keith, but shitballs thats a low trick.

Now we know the level...

ItsOver

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 08, 2018, 07:38:56 AM
I am pretty sure that Heater Wade doesn't have hacking skills. But I could be wrong. I think people are just so happy to have someone who doesn't SUCK as a host again that they are subscribing by the droves.
I can see Heater "Fredo" Wade talking to herself this morning.

"...I was stepped over! … It ain’t the way I wanted it! I can handle things. I’m competent. Not like everybody says, like, uh, "competent!" I’m competent and I want respect!"

Best wishes for Good Dave and his new gig. 

cweb

Quote from: wr250 on May 08, 2018, 08:04:17 AM
i added to my post above. ie cant ping the site, and traceroute fails at 15 hops
Just saw it after I posted. 18 hops here. Moving servers?

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Kolchak on May 07, 2018, 03:06:12 AM
That's one thing I like about Keith. He's surrounded by shills and frauds, but has never become one outright.

Come to think of it, you're right. Good observation.

wr250

Quote from: DynamoHum on May 08, 2018, 08:05:29 AM
It's definitely just that page that is affected as I am listening to the show from last night on the site and it hasn't fallen over, however if I try and open a new tab to go to the homepage it falls over, very hallmarky of a DDOS .... guessing this is an easy fix for Keith, but shitballs thats a low trick.

Now we know the level...
the streams are on a amazon AWS. darkmatterdigitalnetwork.com is hosted somewhere else.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: zeebo on May 07, 2018, 03:21:41 AM
Yes and the other reason to predict it's Dave Schrader is it's Dave Schrader.

haha

Dyna-X

Quote from: wr250 on May 08, 2018, 07:59:04 AM
cant ping the site
traceroute times out at 15 hops (this may vary depending on your isp).
I stand in awe of the folks like yourself that understand the technicalities of the net that don't laugh too hard at my crude analogies. I try to know just enough to not get bamboozled by web meanies.

Dyna-X

Quote from: Roswells, Art on May 08, 2018, 08:08:00 AM
haha
I wonder what would be a good prize or recognition to the first person to name Dave as the new host. Definitely should be announced on the next Gabcast.

Several compact discs containing all the classic episodes of Heather's old show?

wr250

Quote from: cweb on May 08, 2018, 08:05:56 AM
Just saw it after I posted. 18 hops here. Moving servers?
while this may be a possibility, usually the old host  will display some sort of error page. the host is not reachable at all.