• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Richard Groyper on May 07, 2018, 02:30:15 PM
it was i who grabbed you. i feel ashamed. will you ever forgive me?

Ted? Is that you?? :o

ItsOver

Quote from: Pizzapunch on May 07, 2018, 02:21:31 PM
Lasha may make me ashamed to be human

Lasha Seniuk - even worse... he'll turn it into the GabCast. LOL

- and that's a stink ya just can't get rid of

timebandit

#AsIWadeThruTheValleyOfDeath
#IShallFearNoEvil4HeatherIsWithMe

Chine

Well, now. Someone is nervous and rattled. I may dust off the cauldron, send long distance Reiki and punt away any negative intentions sent to the show tonight.

Dyna-X

Quote from: popple on May 07, 2018, 02:32:20 PM
Lasha thinks Heather created the MITD format?
Formats, floormats and other big sounding words. If half hour of news and views followed by (pick one 1.5, 2.5, 3.5) hours of guests with breaks every half hour is a format then Art stole the idea from Jimmy Church, who stole it from Art, who stole it from Long John Knebel. Thurs (if 4 day), Fri (if 5 day) is Open-Lines.

Addendum: When you are amateur or mediocre/intermediate you stick to a format. When you are as clever as Art was in the 90s the only thing predictable was the break times.

El Chorro

Quote from: weeberwubber on May 07, 2018, 12:22:16 PM
Whoaaaa, his podcast Patreon is pulling in a bare minimum of $8k per month. No way he's stopping that until several dozen of his brood are over 18 years old.

Am I the only one confused as hell by his tweet? He has a whenever-show plus a Tuesday showâ€"or is the Tuesday show an episode of his whenever-showâ€"then a weekly show with another guy?

I guess podcasts confuse me, but I'm a gaucho boomer who likes a schedule. It will help that he's doing this midnight show on weeknightsâ€"that I can get my arms around.

Is the concept of podcasts that you do a show just whenever and people subscribe so they're notifiedâ€"and like it?

Robert

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 07, 2018, 02:15:42 PM
Microaggression reported.
I'd hope they'd be bigger than micro, but little ones are nice too.

Catsmile

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 07, 2018, 11:35:49 AM
Don't get me started on Joe Buck....God I fucking hate Joe Buck.  >:(

# Good Lord.
# If You Keep Up All The Hate Ur Vajayjay Will Turn Salty Too.
# Only Cows Will Be Attracted To Your Salt Lick.
# HHHUUUUU
# BuckwheatBush

nbirnes

Quote from: Grifynne on May 07, 2018, 02:03:23 PM
I suspect that Micah is way too busy. The guy is always on the move, he goes to events, does the Gralien Report and Middle Theory, plus I believe he has some kind of a day job.

For the history and for the Micah buffs, he was one of our columnists in UFO Magazine, ten years ago. Seems like yesterday.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: El Chorro on May 07, 2018, 02:40:15 PM
Am I the only one confused as hell by his tweet? He has a whenever-show plus a Tuesday showâ€"or is the Tuesday show an episode of his whenever-showâ€"then a weekly show with another guy?

I guess podcasts confuse me, but I'm a gaucho boomer who likes a schedule. It will help that he's doing this midnight show on weeknightsâ€"that I can get my arms around.

Is the concept of podcasts that you do a show just whenever and people subscribe so they're notifiedâ€"and like it?

Seems like most try to do weekly shows.. do them whenever, but put them out say every Wednesday. Most of the ones I listen to are pretty consistent. My thought is would he have enough time for  MITD with all of that going on?

Faustina

Quote from: mv on May 07, 2018, 07:27:31 AM
There will definitely be a new thread.  The question is... does this one get renamed?

I vote "no."  It describes the period in time when HW was hosting MITD precisely.

Long live the 'Midnight In The Desert With Dave Schrader' thread!  May it survive for many years. 

Lilith

LOVE them GabCast shoutouts!!!  ;D

Faustina

Quote from: nbirnes on May 07, 2018, 02:48:15 PM
For the history and for the Micah buffs, he was one of our columnists in UFO Magazine, ten years ago. Seems like yesterday.

I've always found him rather good looking. 

Dyna-X

Quote from: ItsOver on May 07, 2018, 02:35:22 PM

Lasha Seniuk - even worse... he'll turn it into the GabCast. LOL

- and that's a stink ya just can't get rid of

If the new guy plays the gabcast opener as a bumper and allows us to say Bellgab without getting dumped this would be a good thing. As for stink, the Gabcast is kind of a potpourri - an olfactory adventure.

GravitySucks

Quote from: mv on May 07, 2018, 07:27:31 AM
There will definitely be a new thread.  The question is... does this one get renamed?

This isn’t about me - Heather Wade Thread

El Chorro

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 07, 2018, 02:49:18 PM
Seems like most try to do weekly shows.. do them when whenever, but put them out say every Wednesday. Most of the ones I listen to are pretty consistent. My thought is would he have enough time for  MITD with all of that going on?

The Beyond Darkness schedule looks completely erratic, judging from uploads at his link. Sometimes daily, sometimes every other day...then he says he and another guy "bring it weekly"...is that another show? Then his Tuesday show looks completely separate.

Obviously people out there can deal with that, but it turns me away. Maybe he'll use MITD to get tighter messaging on his output.

ItsOver

Quote from: brig on May 07, 2018, 02:51:00 PM
LOVE them GabCast shoutouts!!!  ;D
I guess Hot and Cheesy Rider would know about stink.

Grifynne

Quote from: Dyna-X on May 07, 2018, 02:53:52 PM
If the new guy plays the gabcast opener as a bumper and allows us to say Bellgab without getting dumped this would be a good thing. As for stink, the Gabcast is kind of a potpourri - an olfactory adventure.

I think this really sums up Gabcast.  ;D

Faustina

Quote from: weeberwubber on May 07, 2018, 12:22:16 PM
Whoaaaa, his podcast Patreon is pulling in a bare minimum of $8k per month. No way he's stopping that until several dozen of his brood are over 18 years old.

I guess this kills my theory his podcast is not doing very well.  :(

diowulf

I've been gone for awhile has anything happened? Did Bobo ever get the meeting set up?

dsz

Quote from: Faustina on May 07, 2018, 02:51:39 PM
I've always found him rather good looking.

And shouldn't that be a prerequisite for all MITD hosts.

Quote from: diowulf on May 07, 2018, 02:57:07 PM
I've been gone for awhile has anything happened? Did Bobo ever get the meeting set up?

sadly, yes. the meeting was set up for the day after Art died...

Catsmile

Quote from: mv on May 07, 2018, 12:19:24 PM
i was going to say i was thinking too "deeply," but that language also came with liabilities in this context.

# Double Entendres Aren't Hard to erect around Cock Pix.
# LowBrowLuLz

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: diowulf on May 07, 2018, 02:57:07 PM

He's working on it. Greasy died in the interm. It was a BIG loss for him, of course.  :'(

AZZERAE

Quote from: aldousburbank on May 07, 2018, 02:56:44 PM
But proud to be a BellGabber!

I would never want to belong to any club that would have someone like me for a member.

ItsOver

Quote from: Dyna-X on May 07, 2018, 02:53:52 PM
I think of it as driving past a hog farm, followed by a delightful cruise past fields of new-mown hay.

Juan

New bumper music is the smartest thing I’ve seen in awhile. Get custom music that the show owns and avoid all those expensive licensing fees Art insisted on.