• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

zeebo

Quote from: HumanBeing on May 07, 2018, 02:45:58 AM
So Knapp being the new MITD host would be awesome but be a huge shock considering his other obligations, plus it is Dave Shrader  ;D

Yes and the other reason to predict it's Dave Schrader is it's Dave Schrader.

Kerry Trent Haggard 

QuoteMidnight in the Desert Mon May 7 â€"
Kerry Trent Haggard â€" 1897 Aurora Texas Alien Crash

Zenman

Quote from: zeebo on May 07, 2018, 03:21:41 AM

That's odd because earlier the Eggs were saying it's Dave Schrader, but now they're saying it's Dave Schrader.

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: dsz on May 07, 2018, 01:51:58 AM
But I would point back to the PunnetTweet where Punnett says he knows who the new MITD host is. Does he or has he ever had any relationship with Keith? If not I don't think he'd have a way of knowing that, thus Schrader.
I could never warm up to Shrader on c2c, what does everyone like about him. Feel the same way for Syrett(?) Just retreads.
But if it's them, one or the other, or whoever unless it's dave, FLAKIE NO WAY NO HOW, FLAKIE OR DAVE, WHICH WILL NEVER HAPPEN!... I will give it a fair & good listen. Tried to listen to the chick on last night c2c({Lisa Garr??}intetested in the subject) 30 mins and had to cut it off..so freaking phony!!! Clyde just repeats shit over and over. Makes a 1hr show into 3-4. Knapp would be#1 but he isn't going anywhere...so let's say we keep it in the family...#2Bateman!!!! Someone said he is in TV now? Where, doing what that leaves us the one and only #3 MV...all praise to our leader. But he has a family, biz and I am guessing a few other irons in the fire, does he want the bs that goes with the job? # 4 Howard Hughes, not gonna happen. He said logisticly he'd have to give up his regular BBC gig that pays him the bulk of what little he makes. Also said Art offered him the job and he turned it down for the he reasons mentioned above. #5 Welles, amother washed up retread. Phony machine made bass voice, a really political guy, not what we tune in for. Is a resl know it all who knows  nothing, just full of crap from his toes to his nose. #6 A  little known guy who does segments on the Mack Maloney military X-Files show with, Mack, Juan-Juan, and Commander Cobra who id my favorite podcast for a while now. But the guy they have that does the paranormal, ufo, etc, etc updates  is a guy called "Switchblade" Steve Ward. He's excellent, funny,  knowledge and always very
well prepared. # 7 a crazy from no where right out of the bull pen, a pro like maybe Linda Mountain Hoo...that woild be a challenge but s hoot! And #8 could just be a Wildcard who we have little to no info on but someone that Keef knows and trusts...again I would give it a good 3-4-5 month listen. We're talking $15 to $25 it would be worth it to at least evaluate the new show. I just hope it's really good, because we are way over due and deserve it!!

GravitySucks

Quote from: Dyna-X on May 07, 2018, 02:11:31 AM
Well we don't know the host, but here is the guest/topic:
http://midnightinthedesert.com/kerry-trent-haggard/
Mon May 7 â€" Kerry Trent Haggard â€" 1897 Aurora Texas Alien Crash

<1% Jim Marrs

Kolchak

Quote from: Jocko Johnson on May 07, 2018, 03:59:05 AM
I could never warm up to Shrader on c2c, what does everyone like about him. Feel the same way for Syrett(?) Just retreads.

Honestly, it doesn't matter who it is. In the words of the immortal PBS, all of them are...
Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 05, 2018, 03:18:28 PM
#betterthanwade

HumanBeing

Quote from: HumanBeing on May 07, 2018, 02:57:36 AM
Yes Maurice had a style were he wanted to present his research a certain way and that didn't jive well with Ian. That clash in styles should have been discussed and hammered out with Maurice before he came on. It was not like Maurice was an unknown or first time guest to C2C. Ian should have already known his style. Besides that, I just thought the way Ian booted him lacked some class, especially from 'a man of the cloth'. Ian was very adversarial and antagonistic towards him. A few months later Art George had Maurice on  ;D

Juan

Friday

I, too, would be very happy if Bateman was the new host. I'd also enjoy some MV filling in and taking on subject matter in the genre he's actually interested in (pretty sure he has mentioned numerous times that the genre doesn't interest him?)

Either of those two, or a combination of both, would guarantee a significant increase of subscribers from this website alone. The quality of call-ins would surely improve by hundreds of percentage points over the dreck of the past two and a half years.

bellNwhistle

So, 20 pages to catch up on..

OR you can tell me the following was covered:

Heather’s hair,
Art’s sexual prowess,
Heather’s shit show/worshippers,
BellGab trolls,
Gravity Sucks finally figured out how to defy gravity,
Praise MV

Miss anything important?

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 07, 2018, 04:58:53 AM
So, 20 pages to catch up on..

OR you can tell me the following was covered:

Heather’s hair,
Art’s sexual prowess,
Heather’s shit show/worshippers,
BellGab trolls,
Gravity Sucks finally figured out how to defy gravity,
Praise MV

Miss anything important?

According to Karen, Art's compound is known colloquially to Pahrump locals as 'The Bone Zone'.

whoozit

Quote from: zeebo on May 07, 2018, 12:51:49 AM
No no LOL, you're referencing one of the wildest weirdest funniest shows ever.  The dude's name was Reuben something I believe.  He was never back after then.  No Syrett is the mellow Canadian.  He's pretty chill and an ok guy as far as I'm concerned.
I heard that show, it was strange.  It was a one and done hosting gig.

GravitySucks

Quote from: zeebo on May 07, 2018, 12:51:49 AM
No no LOL, you're referencing one of the wildest weirdest funniest shows ever.  The dude's name was Reuben something I believe.  He was never back after then.  No Syrett is the mellow Canadian.  He's pretty chill and an ok guy as far as I'm concerned.

You haven’t listened to his latest Conspiracy podcast shows.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: TheMan WhoFell ToEarth on May 07, 2018, 05:01:58 AM
According to Karen, Art's compound is known colloquially to Pahrump locals as 'The Bone Zone'.

Well, of course it is! How can we doubt it?

Do you think he and Karen ever......

He and LMH?

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 07, 2018, 05:25:05 AM
Well, of course it is! How can we doubt it?

Do you think he and Karen ever......

He and LMH?

Do you think Linda records it and comments on it at a later date?

Jojo

Quote from: Hells Mole on May 05, 2018, 11:04:10 PM
Right.  It's called prostitution and it's legal in Nevada.  No victims, no crime.

#theWifeExperience
Not legal in Las Vegas, and not legal in 11 of Nevada's 16 counties.

There are crime victims among legal Nevada prostitutes:
http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-nevada-brothels-illegal-20180506-story.html:
"... at his Love Ranch site. The brothel was reopened two weeks ago.  Hof has also had his own troubles. The Las Vegas Review-Journal reported two women recently filed police reports alleging sexual abuse by Hof..."

A mayor in Amsterdam said women were abused MORE after prostitution was legalised:
https://www.dutchnews.nl/news/2007/09/lifting_brothel_ban_not_worked/

According http://www.law.harvard.edu/publications/evidenceiii/problems/69.htm, society expects prostitutes involved in illegal prostitution to be raped, and police close such cases without investigating them, using terms like No Human Involved.  That's a crime in my book.

Big Chicken

Quote from: Juan on May 07, 2018, 04:44:54 AM
I think it will be Pastor Butch.

What a delightful choice that would be.   We want Butch!  We want Butch!

Butch has the best intro in the business. The Big Chicken is definitely ready to pick up his sword and shield!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDaW9nEmKLY

bellNwhistle

https://www.facebook.com/airyn.bell/videos/vb.100000295882494/1868976553122189/?type=2&theater

Not sure if that will work, but it should take you to Airyn's public profile video.  She posted on Art's FB page, that it was another lonely night.   :'(

---------------

Thinking about Heather and her fans claiming that MITD was hers, the wormhole was hers, etc..  You know what? Let's say that's true. Let's say it was hers. He "gave" it to her to carry on in his stead. BUT she gave it up. She walked away.  She chose not to do her job for two weeks.  She's now chosen to do something else, with someone else.  So she gets nothing.

It's like that part in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. "You get nothing. You lose! Good day, sir."

Taco Bell

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on May 07, 2018, 12:19:37 AM
Paranormal nonsense jumped the shark with the slenderman stabbing. Slenderman was a creepypasta on something awful and got spread around 4chan it wasn't even good creepypasta. The paranormal is dead and technology killed it PRAISE TECHNOLOGY!

Why even listen any more? Why not stay on 4chan, beating off to japanamation?

Thank would be best possible case for MITD (Keith's version). Schrader is probably the best host MITD (Keith's version) coudl hope for. Plus the shows over at Podcast 1 keep getting reduced in length and frequency.

bellNwhistle

Let's just say that he doesn't seem to be denying it on Twitter.. he's being coy. 

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Kolchak on May 07, 2018, 04:03:52 AM
Honestly, it doesn't matter who it is. In the words of the immortal PBS, all of them are...
Let's get that hash tag trending. I plan on doing just that later this evening on twitter. I can say with confidence all of us here are:
#betterthanwade

I think it's Dave. I am going to send whoever it a message via the wormhole with my little hash tag.
So glad I was wrong and that Ian is back on Coast. Not that I listen. I am laughing though because it seems most of you hate the paranormal yet are wrapped up in the Heather drama. I am guessing that is because she is a bellgabber. Love all vaguely lovable weirdos.

Quote from: Jocko Johnson on May 07, 2018, 03:59:05 AM
But if it's them, one or the other, or whoever unless it's dave, FLAKIE NO WAY NO HOW, FLAKIE OR DAVE, WHICH WILL NEVER HAPPEN!... I will give it a fair & good listen. Tried to listen to the chick on last night c2c({Lisa Garr??}intetested in the subject) 30 mins and had to cut it off..so freaking phony!!! Clyde just repeats shit over and over. Makes a 1hr show into 3-4. Knapp would be#1 but he isn't going anywhere...so let's say we keep it in the family...#2Bateman!!!! Someone said he is in TV now? Where, doing what that leaves us the one and only #3 MV...all praise to our leader. But he has a family, biz and I am guessing a few other irons in the fire, does he want the bs that goes with the job? # 4 Howard Hughes, not gonna happen. He said logisticly he'd have to give up his regular BBC gig that pays him the bulk of what little he makes. Also said Art offered him the job and he turned it down for the he reasons mentioned above. #5 Welles, amother washed up retread. Phony machine made bass voice, a really political guy, not what we tune in for. Is a resl know it all who knows  nothing, just full of crap from his toes to his nose. #6 A  little known guy who does segments on the Mack Maloney military X-Files show with, Mack, Juan-Juan, and Commander Cobra who id my favorite podcast for a while now. But the guy they have that does the paranormal, ufo, etc, etc updates  is a guy called "Switchblade" Steve Ward. He's excellent, funny,  knowledge and always very
well prepared. # 7 a crazy from no where right out of the bull pen, a pro like maybe Linda Mountain Hoo...that woild be a challenge but s hoot! And #8 could just be a Wildcard who we have little to no info on but someone that Keef knows and trusts...again I would give it a good 3-4-5 month listen. We're talking $15 to $25 it would be worth it to at least evaluate the new show. I just hope it's really good, because we are way over due and deserve it!!

Schrader has limitations but he is a good host. He knows a lot about the paranormal. Which, at times can be a draw back. He acts like the listener has some knowledge and background about the topics and on some of them it may be your first time hearing about a particular haunting or something. He does mostly paranormal shows and tries to avoid politics which is a plus. However, he is too quick to call out a guest on their nonsense, which means he does not allow guest with fantastic and obviously false tales to get their story out.

All that said he host a good show. Outside of Knapp he is the best paranormal radio host out there. If it is Schrader I wonder if that means Tim Dennis will still be along as the side kick. They would be wise to involve Dennis he could help promote the show, he also has technical skills. In addition Dennis could try to pitch the show to radio affiliates after awhile. I'd also be interested in seeing if True Crime shows make an appearance.

I forgot who it was, but whoever coined the phrase 'Wading Through the Desert' so long ago really nailed it.

I just read about Ian returning to fill in on C2C. It could be that Schrader is no longer going to be available to C2C as much, meaning he is the new host. It is all speculation but it would also explain how Noory knows who the host is. "The best in..." is also Schrader's tag line he mentions it for all of the shows he does.