• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

ShayP

Quote from: albrecht on May 06, 2018, 04:13:34 PM
We got a few low power stations who play polka shows. Saturday night and Sunday usually. I think maybe one still left that plays it all the time but you only can get it in the rural county were the Bohemian/Czechs moved. And dance halls are still operated by SPJST but the only time I've gone it was just normal country music stuff.

The National Polka Festival is an annual parade and festival held in Ennis, Texas celebrating the Czech heritage in the city. The 3-day festival is held every Memorial Day weekend. Most of the party halls offer a lunch or dinner with Czech foods such as klobása (sausage), sauerkraut, and koláče, as well as live entertainment with traditional polka music and dancing

Nothing like that here. :(

In Pittsburgh we had a lot of festivals.  Richmond, occasionally, tries to do these sort of things things but most are lame.   :-\

*Plus I can't find anything on shortwave like that. 

chefist

Quote from: whoozit on May 06, 2018, 04:23:07 PM
During college I didn’t drink one night because all there was was Blatz.  It tasted sweet and disgusting.

Lol 😁

Ghost Nutter

Amazingly...The identity of the new host hasn't been leaked..I wonder if Keith will announce it on the website before the live show...or however much we hate waiting

albrecht

Quote from: ShayP on May 06, 2018, 04:26:16 PM
Nothing like that here. :(

In Pittsburgh we had a lot of festivals.  Richmond, occasionally, tries to do these sort of things things but most are lame.   :-\

*Plus I can't find anything on shortwave like that.
A certain form of Mexican music is reminiscent of polkas and uses lots of accordion. Cultural appropriation.  >:(

chefist

Quote from: albrecht on May 06, 2018, 04:31:32 PM
A certain form of Mexican music is reminiscent of polkas and uses lots of accordion. Cultural appropriation.  >:(

Norteño

ShayP

Quote from: albrecht on May 06, 2018, 04:30:07 PM
Did he buy his electronic items at Crazy Eddie's?

He's not even trying to play.  I doubt his credibility.   ;D 

Gnoory

Hope you Bellgabbers are well....its been an unbelievable few weeks to say the least.

ShayP

Quote from: albrecht on May 06, 2018, 04:31:32 PM

LOL!  ;D

aldousburbank

Quote from: Gnoory on May 06, 2018, 04:34:25 PM
Hope you Bellgabbers are well....its been a unbelievable few weeks to say the least.

Thanks George. Missed you!

Yorkshire pud

Hope you Bellgabbers are well....its been an unbelievable few weeks to say the least.

No-one got the memo..

ShayP

Thanks George, you too.  Will you come to Bellgab's Sardinefest?  What beer do you like?...and do you like sardines?  We'll have other stuff if you don't.  Cheers sir!

Gnoory

albrecht

Quote from: chefist on May 06, 2018, 04:32:30 PM
Norteño
And/or 'conjunto'- though I never am quite clear if those are terms for the same thing or different varieties. Lots of good accordion players. I have some Flaco Jimenez albums and the obvious cross-overs with Doug Sahm, Freddy Fender, etc. Good stuff.

chefist

Hey, George. Good tribute show.

chefist

Quote from: Gnoory on May 06, 2018, 04:37:11 PM
Budweiser...it's a St.Louis thing

So was The Nighthawk...used to listen to it.

K_Dubb

May we count on you for a spirited rendition of "My Little Yoho Lady"?

PrairieGhost

Quote from: chefist on May 06, 2018, 04:24:52 PM
Same...Jerseyville...just north of Alton

Read any of Troy Taylor's books?

ShayP

To each their own.  ;)  Have you tasted the nectar that is Iron City?   

Gnoory

I wish we could have done more. Art, despite our differences, was a genius.
We are proceeding with MV's idea of the AB Vault...takes tons of work but itll happen...most likely for all coast insiders

SaucyRossy

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 06, 2018, 04:38:22 PM
May we count on you for a spirited rendition of "My Little Yoho Lady"?

Seconded. And hi George. Thanks for the tribute show.

whoozit

I used to live in Southern NH about 20 minutes away from the Merrimack brewery.  Went on many tours there.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: Gnoory on May 06, 2018, 04:39:14 PM
I wish we could have done more. Art, despite our differences, was a genius.
We are proceeding with MV's idea of the AB Vault...takes tons of work but itll happen...most likely for all coast insiders

Fantastic news.

DeltaBravo

Quote from: El Chorro on May 06, 2018, 03:16:14 PM
I listened to the Somewhere in Time show last night, and the open lines followed a show about Waco. The callers were so amazingly informed that they sounded like booked guests.
Yes, great show last night. Do you know who that guest was?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: whoozit on May 06, 2018, 04:40:26 PM
I used to live in Southern NH about 20 minutes away from the Merrimack brewery.  Went on many tours there.

You've gone down in my estimation.. I thought you drank beer.  :-\

whoozit

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 06, 2018, 04:41:11 PM

You've gone down in my estimation.. I thought you drank beer.  :-\
The tours were fun.  The beer sucked.  Edit: Budweiser is better than Coors.  I suspect the Coors brewery forces yaks to drink Budweiser and cans the resulting piss.

Gnoory

Sausy you did great work when you were with RCH. You are to be commended.
Ive got to head for the studio....youll like the new MITD host...and I wish him and Keith well...and of course all you you. I may appear on a future gabcast, so until then be safe everyone!

chefist

Quote from: whoozit on May 06, 2018, 04:40:26 PM

Back when AB owned the Eagle snack brand was amazing...beer and snacks after the tours...