• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

GravitySucks

Quote from: Roswells, Art on May 04, 2018, 09:13:52 AM
I also liked his post or tweet where he said "It's not about me"

I tried to re-listen to that abortion of a show to refresh my memory about something she said that was especially cringy but I just can't do it. So I'll just go from memory. It really seemed to come from the imagination of a crazy person, the mouth of madness. She was responding to a question, maybe about how the family is dealing with the grief and she said something along the lines of she can't speak for Airyn but when one strong person breaks down we all support that person until they are O.K. again, then when another of us breaks, we support them. Of course it took her five minutes to say it with her stretching out every single word like she does.

In reality, it really seems like she has become the overbearing neighbor that lives alone and is trying to grasp onto any connection she had with Art Bell which is evidenced by her saying "I have" the Crystal Gale song, "I'm in charge of" the funeral, "I'm designing" Art's tombstone.

Alexander Haig cones to mind.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: mv on May 04, 2018, 08:37:13 AM

I'm more inclined to think she was manipulated.

Wut? A younger woman well versed in a job where you're supposed to separate a man from his money was manipulated by an elderly man? Could you elaborate?

timebandit

I'd give Heather diamonds,
Give her pills,
Give her hundred dollar bills,
Marry me marry me marry me

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Azzerae on May 04, 2018, 02:50:30 PM
Ooh, believe me, you're better off for not having listened...it was irredeemably awful.

I'm into anything that vaguely resembles a tabloid or a scandal, I'm a horrible person, so I just revel in this dreck

Nevertheless, I encourage everyone to listen, if only to teach us that we weren't brought into this world for pleasure alone.

The words 'horrible person' and 'South African' do seem to belong together, don't they?

SredniVashtar

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 04, 2018, 02:56:19 PM
Alexander Haig cones to mind.

Is he your go-to when you make a deposit at the sperm bank?

K_Dubb

Quote from: Dyna-X on May 04, 2018, 02:09:25 PM
Best quote of the day. It can be tricky to present intellectual rigorousness in a sea of shit-posts, so some have resorted to the next best thing - entertainment (the song parodies) to express the situation as they see it.

Thanks, yeah it's kind of like how it makes a better book if you can sympathize with all of the characters at least some of the time.

zeebo

Quote from: Dyna-X on May 04, 2018, 07:14:28 AM
Somebody needs to get on the air soon and invite Linda Moulton Howe. She is putting out gems better than she ever did in 1996:

"We have not begun to discuss the various types of non-humans, of which there are many, and catagories.  And our own government categorizes them and the idea  that there could be an 8-foot tall praying mantis that is part lizard that shows up in a ball of light in your living room it…is incomprehensible. And yet, we those are the kinds of events that are in the human abduction syndrome that we, all  humanity needs to  understand at least what the governments know about balls of light delivering praying mantises into living rooms. "  - Linda Moulton Howe Phenomenon Radio May 3, 2018

It's impossible not to read this without hearing her signature clockwork cadence.  I agree she's at the height of her powers right now, I gotta check out her show.

dsz

Quote from: Father Jack on May 04, 2018, 02:45:47 PM
Coming soon! Heather Wade: The Movie,
Starring Chloe Sevigny as Heather Wade, George Senda as Art Bell AND Oprah Winfrey as Airyn Bell.

This Bellgab thread would make an even more entertaining movie. Which one of you is Oprah playing?

nbirnes

Quote from: Dyna-X on May 04, 2018, 02:48:10 PM
Actually, that is a talent. For some its learned, others are naturals. Some can manipulate people so fast that the manipulator has what they want before the prey asks "What just happened? Was I manipulated?"

This pattern can go on for a lifetime until the manipulator is overtaken by one that is even better at the game.

Very astute. I think that's why we are always fascinated by the big fish getting eaten by the bigger fish.

Sean92008

Quote from: Father Jack on May 04, 2018, 02:45:47 PM
Coming soon! Heather Wade: The Movie,
Starring Chloe Sevigny as Heather Wade, George Senda as Art Bell AND Oprah Winfrey as Airyn Bell.
We know Chloe will suck and swallow on camera for money.

She did the only female nudity in Big Love too.

Oprah?  Can she do a Filipino accent?

AZZERAE

Quote from: SredniVashtar on May 04, 2018, 02:57:12 PM
Nevertheless, I encourage everyone to listen, if only to teach us that we weren't brought into this world for pleasure alone.

The words 'horrible person' and 'South African' do seem to belong together, don't they?

You remind me of one of my closest friends. He's also a gigantic cunt, and I love him for it.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: zeebo on May 04, 2018, 02:54:48 PM
Obviously you've never had the thrill of rolling one of these beauties.

lol, I'll have to repost this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54VJWHL2K3I

Dyna-X

Quote from: Roswells, Art on May 04, 2018, 02:56:49 PM
Wut? A younger woman well versed in a job where you're supposed to separate a man from his money was manipulated by an elderly man? Could you elaborate?
Master and apprentice.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Azzerae on May 04, 2018, 03:02:06 PM
You remind me of one of my closest friends. He's also a gigantic cunt, and I love him for it.

Steady now, SV isn't gigantic... No no no .

AZZERAE

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 04, 2018, 03:05:29 PM
Steady now, SV isn't gigantic... No no no .

An embittered shortarse, perchance?

zeebo

Quote from: aldousburbank on May 04, 2018, 11:45:12 AM
That's a great idea- Midnight In The Dessert

Tonite's show ... Cakes in True Crime, tomorrow ... Haunted Pies.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Azzerae on May 04, 2018, 03:06:54 PM

He's average...At least that's what his close friends in the all male sauna tell him.

Kolchak

Quote from: Juan on May 04, 2018, 02:18:23 PM
Dammit MV, we need that new song.

Do we know what the next release will be?

Catsmile

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 04, 2018, 05:58:47 AM
Glad I missed the heated political debate during the night. ::)

I don't think legalizing pot is a left/right thing.  I think it's a common sense thing. My dad was pretty conservative, but he smoked it all of the time. He often wanted me to smoke with him. I thought it was weird to do that with him, so it never happened.  When he was dying of lung cancer, he smoked it for pain management.  This was well before it became legalized in CA.  I have every belief that he would have voted to legalize. 

I think anyone who wants to use it should be able to use it. I think if you're dying, if you are in pain, you can damn well take whatever the fuck you want to feel better.  I'm sure as hell not going to judge.

I think most people don't really want Cannabis made legal, like Aspirin. Most folks however do want Cannabis decriminalized, like Alcohol & Tobacco. Therein comes the big controversy. Legalize VS. Decriminalize. Legalized Cannabis means no real laws restricting age, when, where, how, the drug is used, anyone could produce, sell, or trade it without regulation or restriction. Decriminalization would put some restrictions on usage like age, where, or when you could use Cannabis, and regulate growing & selling.

Regulations like we have for Alcohol & Tobacco usage would probably satisfy most folks. Most reasonable people think the punishment doesn't fit the crime for the majority of Cannabis use and possession charges today, and that is a good thing. People should be allowed to grow for personal use only, if they want to grow for profit they should be regulated like any farmer growing produce for public consumption. Taxation should be kept within a reasonable percentage, making it less attractive for the black market profitwise. The rest of the debate is mostly people/government trying to legislate morality, which has never worked in the history of humankind.             

AZZERAE

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 04, 2018, 03:07:48 PM
He's average...At least that's what his close friends in the all male sauna tell him.

I've noticed he craves a great deal of reassurance, the size queen.

ge30542

Quote from: dsz on May 04, 2018, 03:00:22 PM
This Bellgab thread would make an even more entertaining movie. Which one of you is Oprah playing?
She was arrested at O'Hare yesterday. Customs officials lifted her skirt snd found 50 pounds of crack.
Film at 11:00

Sean92008

If her show hasn't already been cancelled, I would be more inclined to listen to Heather's daily trek towards self immolation if I knew they weren't counting my listenership...  I'd prefer bootleg/pirate copies of the program to keep them from feeling good.

On the contrary, I will listen to MitD with Bryan Suits a new host nightly and subscribe too.

nbirnes

Quote from: Catsmile on May 04, 2018, 03:11:14 PM
I think most people don't really want Cannabis made legal, like Aspirin. Most folks however do want Cannabis decriminalized, like Alcohol & Tobacco. Therein comes the big controversy. Legalize VS. Decriminalize. Legalized Cannabis means no real laws restricting age, when, where, how, the drug is used, anyone could produce, sell, or trade it without regulation or restriction. Decriminalization would put some restrictions on usage like age, where, or when you could use Cannabis, and regulate growing & selling.

Regulations like we have for Alcohol & Tobacco usage would probably satisfy most folks. Most reasonable people think the punishment doesn't fit the crime for the majority of Cannabis use and possession charges today, and that is a good thing. People should be allowed to grow for personal use only, if they want to grow for profit they should be regulated like any farmer growing produce for consumption. Taxation should be kept within a reasonable percentage, making it less attractive for the black market profitwise. The rest of the debate is mostly people/government trying to legislate morality, which has never worked in the history of humankind.             

Disagree. Legalize, take away the stigma. Teach kids to love their minds, undrugged, and keep it that way as long as possible. In other words, educate. The more you know ... and all that.

Sean92008

Quote from: rondo on May 04, 2018, 03:14:37 PM
Raaaar...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRI3ol4UJHc
God, I heard Senda on C2C self-promoting his bullshit and immediately thought Heather Wade.  Say *anything* to get attention.  Watching him is strictly a way to remind myself people shouldn't be getting government aid while being able to collect so much shit AND money.

GravitySucks

Quote from: grano salis on May 04, 2018, 01:21:39 PM

I see the uninsured and underinsured in my practice daily. You can get pretty sick-- rapidly-- from flu, MRSA, other indolent infectious disorders.  I'm no proponent for Obama care--it is a trainwreck  people get seen by NPs and PAs and get fromulamatic care sometimes incomplete.  Referrals are tough which slows down the dx and disease resolution process.  "Illegal" aliens are a small part of the entitlement issue which is "taxing" the healthcare system.   Incidently--many pay cash and are actually more honest about their bills in my experience.  What set your britches on fire?...the suggestion that families should be able to actually afford health care insurance?  Don't blame the practitioner.  Individual provider bills are approx 10% of total health care costs--most are related to hospitals administration,etc.   Too bad we can't have conversations in 21st Century America without one side getting unhinged...

Converse away. Just don’t put out a false premise and prop it up with your CV to make it sound like the truth. The repeal of the Obamacare mandate has absolutely zero impact on the cost or availability of healthcare on May 4, 2018.

Kolchak

Quote from: rondo on May 04, 2018, 03:14:37 PM
Raaaar...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRI3ol4UJHc

I've asked before, but who is Heather actually talking about here, in context? Is she reading something?

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Azzerae on May 04, 2018, 03:06:54 PM

I bet that sounds even more devastating when delivered in a gurgling Boer accent. Fix bayonets!

GravitySucks

Quote from: Grifynne on May 04, 2018, 01:24:36 PM
Do we have anyone with affiliate experience (or general industry experience) who would like to weigh in on this guy's comment about airing repeats being good for business?

They didn’t have any affiliates. Their revenue isnt based on commercials. It is based on subscriptions to the archives.

Sean92008

Quote from: Kolchak on May 04, 2018, 03:20:20 PM
I've asked before, but who is Heather actually talking about here, in context? Is she reading something?
Supposedly it was about Little Rocket Man.