• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Juan

With regard to the use of songs - Publishers and other copyright owners license their songs for public performance through ASCAP, BMI or SESAC. These licensing agencies charge fees for performing the songs - that's how publishers and songwriters get paid. Radio stations and Internet networks such as Dark Matter Digital Network buy licenses to play songs. Others pay fees based on songs played.
Anyone who pays the fee can play the song. The artist has given up control to the licensing agency.

There's also a limitation on use of the songs for theme songs. It used to be that the artist had to give permission to use the song for a theme song - a theme song being a song used regularly in the broadcast.  Rush Limbaugh, for instance, uses a Chrissie Hynde song for his theme.  She appeared on an interview show and said she didn't care if he used the song or not. He took that as permission to use it. I'm sure Art had Chrystal's permission to use the song as a theme. I don't know about anyone else.  This may or may not be of any importance.

bellNwhistle

Glad I missed the heated political debate during the night. ::)

I don't think legalizing pot is a left/right thing.  I think it's a common sense thing. My dad was pretty conservative, but he smoked it all of the time. He often wanted me to smoke with him. I thought it was weird to do that with him, so it never happened.  When he was dying of lung cancer, he smoked it for pain management.  This was well before it became legalized in CA.  I have every belief that he would have voted to legalize. 

I think anyone who wants to use it should be able to use it. I think if you're dying, if you are in pain, you can damn well take whatever the fuck you want to feel better.  I'm sure as hell not going to judge.

soulburner

I just listened to the show Heather was on, sobbing all the time. It was such a disaster, not just Heather, but the host of this weird show was so bad. I will probably listen to her new program, when and if it starts, just to experience what kind of shipwreck it will instantly become.

I missed a lot of information posted here on Bellgab, I have not listened to all the gabcast shows, been on the Chefits's discord channel twice a few days ago and I find it impossible to keep track of this thread with it nearly 100 pages added daily. So... I will ask questions ;)

1 - who exactly is Lasha Seniuk and what is wrong with her? Also, how does she fit into this current (and probable previous) drama?
2 - have there been any new developments regarding the new host and will the reboot of MITD air on monday?
3 - were there any interesting or cringeworthy posts by Heather and others on facebook and/or twitter in the last few days I should catch up on?
4 - [look at question 4 by bellNwhistle]

I think that's about it for the time being :)

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 04, 2018, 12:02:52 AM
I understand that this is your belief but it's scientifically unfounded. Psychedelics can certainly trigger symptoms in people who already are schizo but it can't cause it in people who aren't. Schizophrenics are born that way but usually don't manifest symptomatic evidence of it until their late teens/early 20s.

Someone I've known for years had a family history of mental illness. The mom kinda went nuts.. not sure about other relatives, but he and his mom did drugs together.  In his mid-to-late teens, his drug use seemed to trigger problems.  He went from being a "regular" young guy, to being a ward of the state. He lives in a group home, and may as well have the mentality of a 15 yr old boy.  He can't always remember who his son is. He's a Schizophrenic. It's very sad to see how much he's changed.  (I don't know what kind of drugs he was on, and whatever they are, i wouldn't legalize). 

I have some in-laws who are alcoholics. They've lost multiple friends to alcohol-related deaths. You'd think losing several at a time to a night-time boat trip where some fucker was driving so fast that nobody saw the dock they were about to literally lose their heads to, would be enough to turn someone sober.. nope.  Instead, they went out and bought a boat.

Hells Mole

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 04, 2018, 06:04:24 AM
I have some in-laws who are alcoholics. They've lost multiple friends to alcohol-related deaths. You'd think losing several at a time to a night-time boat trip where some fucker was driving so fast that nobody saw the dock they were about to literally lose their heads to, would be enough to turn someone sober.. nope.  Instead, they went out and bought a boat.

Somehow I had the fortune of going through most of my life without really having any close personal experience with alcoholism.  Then it finally happened that someone very near and dear to me succumbed.
I am glad that they have stopped drinking but it cost them dearly and it's possible they may still die from
the damage done.  Some people when they drink turn into a monster.  It's pretty much the same monster
no matter the person.  I've noticed with this other specific drug addiction as well.  Perhaps there is some
kind of nasty being, demon, whatever, that is attached to these things.  Interesting things to ponder, for me anyway.  Alcoholism though is the worst thing I've ever seen unfold before me.

The way I figure it the government has absolutely no legitimacy in banning any substance "for health and safety" so long as they are at the same time allowing alcohol and tobacco to be sold.

If we don't have the rights to our minds and bodies then we have no freedom.  Government has no right to prohibit certain "drugs", although it's less "certain" and now more like anything but a very short list of taxed and controlled poisons.  Some may say drugs contribute to all sorts of negative things that affect society.  There is no drug that directly causes people to cause harm to others, but nothing comes closer than alcohol and it's available on every block.  Murder, rape, theft, assault, etc, all these things are illegal.  The contents of someone's blood has nothing to do with it.  If you commit these crimes that harm another person or their property you need to be dealt with but what a person chooses to do with or to their own body is not the legitimate domain of government.  Furthermore it seems to me that in many cases it is a direct and flagrant denial of the inalienable right to the pursuit of happiness and should be challenged in the Supreme Court on that ground alone.

GravitySucks

Quote from: nika01 on May 04, 2018, 05:28:25 AM
Im hoping the Georgia Guidestones kick in soon

They need to be rotated to the correct alignment.

HumanBeing

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on May 03, 2018, 08:10:26 PM

WhiteCrow is a grizzled veteran of the Falkie thread.   A shoo in for the Hall of Fame!

The assumption is that Dave might about this guy Falkie  ;D
I've been here off and on for over 8 years and I've yet to venture into that Falkie thread.
The only stuff I know is what gets bandied about about him in other message threads. Sounds like a Howard Stern wack pack member.
I've had my fill of wack packers from my Howard Stern listening days. A couple years after Artie left and they got rid of the Howard TV employees that show went to shit as well.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Dr Who on May 04, 2018, 02:53:49 AM
I have always wondered this,do you all remember the second show when redacted co hosted with Art?Does anyone think that Maybe almost before it started Art had decided to bow out? And Heather even at that stage was trying to be introduced as Arts chosen one? Just asking.
They did a test show together I believe and many of us thought that at the time. We all got blasted for not liking Heather then too. Nothing changed. Man I was hatin' on Heather before it became cool!

BTW MV looking forward to your new single.

Edit: Was just reading my post history and it seems I was all in until she took over the show. But I do remember thinking it was odd Art had a co-host. It's easy to see it all now as I look back. The whole damned thing was a farce.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Kolchak on May 04, 2018, 03:20:26 AM
Keith deleted the tweet, but it's too good a burn to not be preserved.

LMFAO!

HumanBeing

Quote from: malachi.martini on May 03, 2018, 05:45:19 PM
I kind of understand the pure soy that would leap at the shot of picking up a deranged female late night radio show host, but who in their right mind would sign on to the Keith Rowland trash fire? I can't wait to find out.

If you had a modicum of talent, you could stream on YT, make some superchat shekels, and answer to no one.

The Twitch platform is the hotness now.

GravitySucks

Quote from: soulburner on May 04, 2018, 06:00:06 AM
I just listened to the show Heather was on, sobbing all the time. It was such a disaster, not just Heather, but the host of this weird show was so bad. I will probably listen to her new program, when and if it starts, just to experience what kind of shipwreck it will instantly become.

I missed a lot of information posted here on Bellgab, I have not listened to all the gabcast shows, been on the Chefits's discord channel twice a few days ago and I find it impossible to keep track of this thread with it nearly 100 pages added daily. So... I will ask questions ;)

1 - who exactly is Lasha Seniuk and what is wrong with her? Also, how does she fit into this current (and probable previous) drama?
2 - have there been any new developments regarding the new host and will the reboot of MITD air on monday?
3 - were there any interesting or cringeworthy posts by Heather and others on facebook and/or twitter in the last few days I should catch up on?
4 - [look at question 4 by bellNwhistle]

I think that's about it for the time being :)

2. Keith is not going to announce the new host but let HIM be revealed when he starts the show on Monday. He was going to move the show to an earlier timeslot but right now it is schedule to start the same time but I think it will only be a three hour show.

grano salis

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 04, 2018, 06:04:24 AM
Someone I've known for years had a family history of mental illness. The mom kinda went nuts.. not sure about other relatives, but he and his mom did drugs together.  In his mid-to-late teens, his drug use seemed to trigger problems.  He went from being a "regular" young guy, to being a ward of the state. He lives in a group home, and may as well have the mentality of a 15 yr old boy.  He can't always remember who his son is. He's a Schizophrenic. It's very sad to see how much he's changed.  (I don't know what kind of drugs he was on, and whatever they are, i wouldn't legalize). 

Don't want to be cynical about this but how much of our health care expenditure is utilized for folks with addiction problems?  I am in the health care field and I have a sad theory based on utilization patterns.  There are fewer patients making routine doctor's appointments because of two reasons: 1) the Obamacare mandate was lifted so they don't have to go bankrupt buying health insurance--of course congress and the big health insurance lobby aren't doing anything to make healthcare "affordable" so people are just going with out insurance--of course by the time they make it into the doc's office they are pretty ill... 2) Many just went to the doc to get their Hydrocodone-oxycodone Rx.  Medical boards have made routine Rx of addictive substances difficult to impossible for doc's to exploit, so many are just not going.  (I was asked to help a local doc who was in trouble with the MB for having too many Rxs for  opiods but on examination of his records, I soon discovered that his quaint little Dr. Welby Family Practice was more or less a pill mill--the MB put him out of business).

HumanBeing

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on May 03, 2018, 10:38:30 PM
One of the last things Art ever said to me was do whatever I could to stop the charlatan Heather Wad, that Tommee was now his choice to carry on his legacy.

After Heather's performance last night, I received a call from Airyn saying the same thing

;D

HumanBeing

Quote from: nbirnes on May 03, 2018, 10:42:08 PM
It should be studied. It should be lovingly grown, like heirloom tomatoes, in any backyard. Some kind of artisanal blend could help the opioid problem.

Sharing a blunt with William would be fantastic

Dyna-X

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 04, 2018, 06:15:03 AM
They need to be rotated to the correct alignment.

They are 19.5 degrees off.

HumanBeing

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 03, 2018, 10:42:09 PM
I actually don’t think Sessions would quit. I think this is another case where Trump said we are eliminating these Obama letters and following the law. Force congress to address the law instead of legislation unconstitutionally created by an executive branch letter which can be rescinded and reversed every 4 years.

;D

GravitySucks

Quote from: grano salis on May 04, 2018, 06:24:36 AM

Don't want to be cynical about this but how much of our health care expenditure is utilized for folks with addiction problems?  I am in the health care field and I have a sad theory based on utilization patterns.  There are fewer patients making routine doctor's appointments because of two reasons: 1) the Obamacare mandate was lifted so they don't have to go bankrupt buying health insurance--of course congress and the big health insurance lobby aren't doing anything to make healthcare "affordable" so people are just going with out insurance--of course by the time they make it into the doc's office they are pretty ill... 2) Many just went to the doc to get their Hydrocodone-oxycodone Rx.  Medical boards have made routine Rx of addictive substances difficult to impossible for doc's to exploit, so many are just not going.  (I was asked to help a local doc who was in trouble with the MB for having too many Rxs for  opiods but on examination of his records, I soon discovered that his quaint little Dr. Welby Family Practice was more or less a pill mill--the MB put him out of business).

The Obamacare mandate has been lifted for a total of 4 months and 4 days and you are going to attribute an increase of “pretty ill” patients to that?  I call bullshit. You made that up. First, during open enrollment for Obamacare, they would have had to have known the mandate would be lifted in the tax bill that didn’t pass until mid-December, then they would have had to cancel their insurance; then they would have had to develop some disease or malady in the last 4 months that made them “pretty ill”. OK. I’ll bite. Name both of them.

How about if we deport all the illegal aliens that are taxing the health care system and that have higher incidence of substance abuse and then we will give free health care to the two people that got “pretty ill”.

HumanBeing

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 03, 2018, 11:31:37 PM
What did Shatner do for his tinnitus? He suffered horribly from it, apparently but i remember him saying he tried something and it's much better now. I can't remember what though.

Look into platelet-rich plasma therapy.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Dr Who on May 04, 2018, 03:53:12 AM
I have actually got very bored with it all (I don't mean Bellgab ) I mean the ufo,paranormal thing.There is no longer a curtain there is no longer a mystery.  I thank Art Bell for the journey, what I was looking for was nostalgia a time that can never be again..Heather go back to the phone sex trade, it's more profitable and more suited to your skill set.
P's send me your number Heather I need good Phone.

I think it depends on what aspect of the "paranormal" thing you're talking about. There are so many topics you could include.

Several years ago, my family rented a cabin a few hours south of where I live.  No phones, no TV.. but the place had a bookshelf with a bunch of interesting reading material.  One book in particular caught my eye, and it was about people who vanished into thin air.  Well known cases of people who walked into the wilderness and just vanished. It was fascinating, and considering I was in a cabin more or less in the middle of nowhere, it was perfect.  I then started watching any "vanished" TV documentaries that I could get my hands on.  It's since morphed to listening to podcasts, and multiple interviews by David Paulides. (Regardless of whatever you think of him as a person, the stories he's collected over the years have been both fascinating and heartbreaking), and beyond.

Obviously a show done live 5 nights a week can't really focus on one topic w/out becoming stale fast (unless you're a Limbaugh, Hannity or Levine  ::) ) but like I said.. it's one aspect of what you could consider paranormal. Out of the norm.  There are a LOT of subjects you could cover.

A listener such as myself can skip over shows in the categories of science and conspiracies (unless it's JFK  :P), and instead choose to listen to "demons", or the"unexplained", or "after death communications". 

I really hoped my kids would be as fascinated by all of this shit as I am. Sadly, they're not.  We have all of the material they could want, and yet it sits here.  (But then I also sometimes walk around cemeteries for historical research, and my kids want nothing to do with that, either).

GravitySucks

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 04, 2018, 06:18:52 AM
They did a test show together I believe and many of us thought that at the time. We all got blasted for not liking Heather then too. Nothing changed. Man I was hatin' on Heather before it became cool!

BTW MV looking forward to your new single.

Edit: Was just reading my post history and it seems I was all in until she took over the show. But I do remember thinking it was odd Art had a co-host. It's easy to see it all now as I look back. The whole damned thing was a farce.

You was just hatin nice 😎

Quote from: ponyboysunset on July 20, 2015, 11:42:17 AM
I am going to put myself in the minority, and all of you know I am no davebot and have been posting on this forum for several years. I also like Redacted, think her work on the other podcasts is amazing. But, I would not care who it was I don't want a co-host with Art, especially on open lines nights. For me, I want it to be as it was in the 90's, me in the dark, with a radio, and Art's voice. She did a fine job, I am just one of those people who doesn't really want the show to change. That being said, it's Art show, and I won't stop listening if he goes forward with this format.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 04, 2018, 06:49:44 AM

See, that's the thing..  back then, so many of us were trying not to completely bash heather, because of how Art might take it.. which, ultimately, he didn't take well.  SO did we really like heather, or really not like Heather? How much of what was said was for Art's sake?

I'm referring to what the more sane people here were saying.. not the obvious trolls.  :P

bateman

Any insane Facebook posts overnight?

GravitySucks

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 04, 2018, 06:53:21 AM
See, that's the thing..  back then, so many of us were trying not to completely bash heather, because of how Art might take it.. which, ultimately, he didn't take well.  SO did we really like heather, or really not like Heather? How much of what was said was for Art's sake?

I'm referring to what the more sane people here were saying.. not the obvious trolls.  :P

I don’t know. I never sat there and read my draft post and said “hmmmm What is Art going to think?” 

Of course I hadn’t posted much at all between when I joined in February 215 and the kickoff of the MITD live threads.

HumanBeing

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 03, 2018, 11:36:02 PM
Wow, that's tough.  Only time I really got that wasted was when I drank a bottle of vodka at a houseboat sleepover when I was like 13 or 14.  Passed out and had a hell of a hangover.  I had to get up and play golf the next day too.  I remember the night fairly well because Debbie Harry was guest hosting SNL.

The owners of the boat had cases of alcohol on it so who is going to miss a bottle? lol.  I haven't drunk vodka since.

Years ago after a surgery I had to be on blood thinning meds for a few months and I drank a 26'er of vodka throughout the afternoon and went downtown to pub crawl with a group of friends that night. Next thing I remember I was laying on my back passed out in a cemetery. Blacking out and having absolutely no recollection what you said or did is brutal  :-\
It only ever happened one other time and vodka was also involved in that one as well. I'm sure the meds I was on at the time didn't help but I've been weary of vodka ever since. But it is not hard to avoid when I practically don't ever drink alcohol these days. I'd much rather cannabis over alcohol. In a few months Canada will legalize cannabis so I'm thinking of getting a decent full spectrum LED grow light and growing a couple plants  ;D 

ponyboysunset

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 04, 2018, 06:49:44 AM
I was. I tried to stay nice too. I just couldn't pay for someone to "learn" to do radio. You either have it or you don't. The fact that Art thought she had it says a whole lot.

I also said I would never give Keith Rowland money again, yeah well I guess my desire to see Heather go down in flames trumps my old hatred for Keith. He actually was super nice to me yesterday figuring out why my subscription wasn't showing archives. I think in the last five years I have grown and changed as a person too.

PS been here since 2012. I was here for all of the Dark Matter stuff. I found this place from when MV was still running an Art Bell stream. I lurked for a long time then joined.

Praise MV!

HumanBeing

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 03, 2018, 11:41:11 PM
I just wish Art had told his Ouija board story.  I wonder if he told Heather?

He whispered that story it in her ear as he was pounding dat ass, which was propped up by a pillow as she lid face down, from the back.

WhiteCrow

..concerned about "how Art may take it"...

Thank you, I never considered that.

ponyboysunset

I wasn't concerned about Art I was concerned about getting lit up on the board more. That soon went away. You can actually see where that turn happened in my posting history. All of a sudden I was like 'fuck this shit' and started posting more what I actually thought. See, bellgab helped me to learn to take shit. So many people quit doing things they love because of what others think. At some point you say fuck it, I'm doing it anyway. It's that simple. I'm not saying criticism doesn't suck, I'm saying if you live your life trying to please other people you're fucked.

MV even stated during his Art interview that Art had hoped he would moderate the board regarding the bashing Heather was taking. I'm glad he didn't. I'm actually glad now that he has not really ever moderated. I finally get it.