• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

WhiteCrow

Quote from: yoursongs on May 03, 2018, 10:12:28 PM
I know Keith is not a radio voice per se, but what if he had a change of heart and decided to be the host....it would save him paying a new one, he's also in the right time zone, he's also got the right equipment set up, and he apparently owns the name.  What tales he could tell about actually working with Art, and he would have good (I assume) relations with previous guests.  He could always host until a better option comes along.....what do you fuckheads think about a KR hosting

I like keith's voice.. but question if he can BS enough on a live show to keep things interesting. Seems like he's more of the scripted announcer type.

albrecht

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 03, 2018, 10:56:56 PM
Pot helps my tinnitus somewhat when I have tried it but I don’t like how it makes me feel. I have tried a bunch of strains to find one that I was comfortable with and just don’t like it. The CBD oils might be an option someday but right now, since I am in Texas, there are no dispensaries and I have no trust in the mail order stuff.

Bottom line is alcohol should be illegal to sell but legal to make on your own if you so desire. It is a poison. Tobacco and pot should be regulated by the states.
Tobacco is one of the most effective 'natural' pesticides. Alcohol is just an efficient fuel (for energy in engines, mechanical or biological, in the latter with side benefits, and costs.)

Quote from: Rocketeer on May 03, 2018, 10:59:19 PM
Yeah I was going to say -- 21st Century Man . . . "Now and then" ≠ entire wine bottles nightly.  Though my assessment may be skewed based on the posts I've seen here.

When I drink, I just don't have one.  Last time I noticed, a wine bottle had 4 full glasses in it.  It's not like it is tequila!  LOL.  I've only in the last few months gotten the taste back for wine.  I don't drink beer now though.  That was last night I had a bottle and how long have you been on this site?  I've gone years without drinking either of them and I'm sure I will again.

GravitySucks

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 03, 2018, 10:58:15 PM
Here is a wild-guess theory:  she didn't go because she's pretty much an honest-to-god recluse, afraid of strangers because she can't control how they respond to her or what they tell other people about her.  She only meets people she's carefully screened and trusts, and then only because she needs something.

Except everyone that was there was someone she had met or interviewed before.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 03, 2018, 10:58:15 PM
Here is a wild-guess theory:  she didn't go because she's pretty much an honest-to-god recluse, afraid of strangers because she can't control how they respond to her or what they tell other people about her.  She only meets people she's carefully screened and trusts, and then only because she needs something.

Dude, I like the pipe! What kind is it? Mersham?

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 03, 2018, 10:56:56 PM
Pot helps my tinnitus somewhat when I have tried it but I don’t like how it makes me feel. I have tried a bunch of strains to find one that I was comfortable with and just don’t like it. The CBD oils might be an option someday but right now, since I am in Texas, there are no dispensaries and I have no trust in the mail order stuff.

Bottom line is alcohol should be illegal to sell but legal to make on your own if you so desire. It is a poison. Tobacco and pot should be regulated by the states.

Right, I understand there are different strains.  Some don't have the debilitating effects of others.  Hope you find one that helps.

Faustina

Quote from: cweb on May 03, 2018, 09:08:39 PM
Point- Rowland. Nicely played!

My shortlist of possible hosts, most to least likely based on current situation and past with KR...
Schrader
Hughes
Syrett
Warner

Not my order of preference, just how I think it is odds-wise based on the very little (nothing) I know.

I would add MV to that list, even though I doubt he has the time to do a nightly radio show.
I'd also add Micah Hanks. 
Syrett is a possibility, true, although he doesn't have the greatest radio voice.  He's smart and has the right sort of questing intellect. 

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 03, 2018, 11:06:55 PM
Right, I understand there are different strains.  Some don't have the debilitating effects of others.  Hope you find one that helps.

Or he could try smoking or vaping a high CBD/low THC strain. ;)

Quote from: nbirnes on May 03, 2018, 11:03:49 PM
I am sorry for your loss, 21st. Sorry to be flip about any substance, but my research led me to Terence McKenna, and proselytizing aways seems to follow.

I understand.  Our experiences shape who we are.  We're good.  I'm on the side of liberty in any case so enjoy your substance of choice!  ;) :D

K_Dubb

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 03, 2018, 11:05:56 PM
Except everyone that was there was someone she had met or interviewed before.

In-person, or in the carefully staged roles of telephone interviewer/interviewee where she might be more comfortable?

nbirnes

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 03, 2018, 10:59:11 PM
I agree but your first reaction was to fund a study. More government red tape. Studies are fine once it is widely available to determine which strains help which disorders for example. But no more billion dollar sinkhole government studies to prove it is a plant.

Not a government study -- not at all. Study by anyone. It's a plant that's as old as mankind, and our bodies seem to be naturally receptive to it.

K_Dubb

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 03, 2018, 11:06:19 PM
Dude, I like the pipe! What kind is it? Mersham?

Thanks, it's a little meerschaum ram's-head.

albrecht

Quote from: nbirnes on May 03, 2018, 11:03:49 PM
I am sorry for your loss, 21st. Sorry to be flip about any substance, but my research led me to Terence McKenna, and proselytizing aways seems to follow.
Funny on U7 earlier today Art brought up wanting to know if anyone recorded the infamous Gunderson broadcast and a caller called in about MDNA and Art went into a bit of it. Not McKeena but hadn't really heard of it but caller was detailing how back when (in some places here big due chemisrty n law not caught up to chemistry so legal) because guest was about some mind training n caller was like just take Esctasy.Art also mentioned to caller that Mr.Fidget would not be allowed on until callers said Fidgets delivered.

yoursongs

Quote from: WhiteCrow on May 03, 2018, 11:04:14 PM
I like keith's voice.. but question if he can BS enough on a live show to keep things interesting. Seems like he's more of the scripted announcer type.

I agree, but it might be something he could grow into.  It would sure solve a couple of problems if he did.  He seems like the opposite of what we had, maybe that's why i'd give him a shot LOL

Faustina

Quote from: WhiteCrow on May 03, 2018, 11:04:14 PM

Agree.  He also doesn't have enough imagination.  Keith is a numbers man, ... a techie,... not a story-teller. 

albrecht

Quote from: Faustina on May 03, 2018, 11:14:51 PM
Agree.  He also doesn't have enough imagination.  Keith is a numbers man, ... a techie,... not a story-teller.
Art was a techie. And parlayed into other stuff. But still always loved talked antennas, radio, DXing, etc. So, maybe?

nbirnes

Quote from: WhiteCrow on May 03, 2018, 10:50:46 PM
Dearest Nancy... I know its unrespecfully early to mention, but Bill writing Arts' autobiography is hopefully something he would consider.

No worries .. you know .. your wish is my command.
You get yourself right and all the best to you!

Missing you.

https://youtu.be/Ua1f2sxMDZM

Quote from: nbirnes on May 03, 2018, 11:15:59 PM

Thanks bunches of bella hugs! 🌸🌸🌸

Sean92008

Quote from: Jocko Johnson on May 03, 2018, 07:17:20 PM
I have to keep asking since this was my business in LE.

Has the post mortem results been released? I haven't seen them. If so where did u see them? One very important thing is the death certificates listing of the Cause and Manner of death.

Now if Art had a regular doctor treating him, why if someone who is ill, dies peacefully in their sleep at home in their own bed without any sign of foul play is subject to an autopsy? If a family or treating doc signs off on the death, what did the police see? If the scene we were told was true, cops and ems and or fd show up family says he was sick, cops see nothing then have ME or Det. contact dr, he says no problem I will sign Death certificate. Funeral home gets body no autopsy, burial end of story.

What are we not being told or what did the responding officals and or family doc see or was told?

In my experience something here doesn't fit. Could this be the cause of HW's emotional behavior?
Clark County handles Nye County autopsies.  I presume the ME is Clark's as well.

If the decedent had not been in a doctor's care for 2 months, an autopsy is required.  Doesn't matter if he had a tumor the size of a football on his throat, they do an autopsy...

Maybe it's the old mafia stuff, maybe insurance money murders, maybe assisted suicide concerns, whatever the reasoning behind it is, that's the rule in Nevada.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 03, 2018, 11:09:54 PM
Or he could try smoking or vaping a high CBD/low THC strain. ;)

I have. Several. It’s close to be acceptable but there is still a buzz that I do not care for. I know people that can smoke all day and function. I can’t. It just doesn’t set well with me. I enjoyed getting high occasionally when I was in my 20’s and actually used it instead of alcohol for several years but it just hasn’t set well with me lately. And I am talking several attempts every time I have gone to Colorado or now Nevada skiing. And a few other times. Tried sativa and indica and 20-25 different hybrids. Tried the selector at leafly. Tried talking to shamans. Shit I even talked to aldous once.

I hope there is a strain I try some day that clicks, but since it is not legal in Texas it is not like I am doing an active search. But this is much more pleasant to talk about than Heather. And it still helps the page count.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 03, 2018, 11:19:38 PM
I have. Several. It’s close to be acceptable but there is still a buzz that I do not care for. I know people that can smoke all day and function. I can’t. It just doesn’t set well with me. I enjoyed getting high occasionally when I was in my 20’s and actually used it instead of alcohol for several years but it just hasn’t set well with me lately. And I am talking several attempts every time I have gone to Colorado or now Nevada skiing. And a few other times. Tried sativa and indica and 20-25 different hybrids. Tried the selector at leafly. Tried talking to shamans. Shit I even talked to aldous once.

I hope there is a strain I try some day that clicks, but since it is not legal in Texas it is not like I am doing an active search. But this is much more pleasant to talk about than Heather. And it still helps the page count.

Try the edible oil then.

SpookyTim

I'm listening to The Art of Talk, and realizing how much of his life might actually be... questionable.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: SpookyTim on May 03, 2018, 11:22:40 PM
I'm listening to The Art of Talk, and realizing how much of his life might actually be... questionable.

Who's life isn't?! For example, some might say you could be spookier for someone with such a moniker. ;)

GravitySucks

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 03, 2018, 11:11:45 PM
In-person, or in the carefully staged roles of telephone interviewer/interviewee where she might be more comfortable?

The only two out of town strangers (maybe Corbett) were Weebers and Brinkley and both of them may very well have visited Art while she was there. She claimed to be close friends with both of them. She certainly knew Karen Jackson.

But who knows. She may just have been shitfaced drunk. Stranger things have happened to grieving people. I missed the funeral of my best friend were I was supposed to be a poll bearer because I had been blackout drunk from the day I found out he died until probably a week after he was buried.

Faustina

Quote from: albrecht on May 03, 2018, 11:17:08 PM
Art was a techie. And parlayed into other stuff. But still always loved talked antennas, radio, DXing, etc. So, maybe?

Long-shot maybe.  I don't think he's all that into the paranormal.  And I remain firm on my opinion he's not a story-teller.  Plus, I don't think he wants to host:  he prefers behind-the-scenes. 

Dyna-X

Quote from: albrecht on May 03, 2018, 11:17:08 PM
Well if Keith did the show he could cut the budget considerably and survive a bit longer, more so if he did his own show prep and was his own producer. Somehow I can't imagine he would want to do that, though.

uh oh

Faustina

Questionable in what way?

GravitySucks

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 03, 2018, 11:22:26 PM
Try the edible oil then.

I’ve ordered the cbd oil gelcaps off the Internet but they didn’t seem to help.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Richard Groyper on May 03, 2018, 11:28:31 PM
Art Bell truthers, unite!

Bet Curtis wishes he had paid one more year to keep freeartbell.con