• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Lord Grantham

Quote from: Kolchak on April 19, 2018, 02:27:47 PM
As a skeptic, I do find it kind of entertaining that she's replying to everyone who tells her to pray with "there is no god," and is publicly rebuffing belief in the afterlife. I assume that's the grief talking, but still.

No matter your beliefs, the correct response to that is "thank you"

bellNwhistle

It's like he (unintentionally, I would assume) set her up for failure.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Grifynne on April 19, 2018, 02:27:22 PM
Right, but if she felt that she had the talent to do this, she could have built herself up and created her own legacy rather than riding on the coattails of Art Bell. Or took the existing show in her own direction (as Art stated he told her to do early on, if I recall correctly). Or, if she and Art really were that close, maybe he could have helped her advertise by telling his followers about what she was doing and how he supported it. He could have put links to her show on his Facebook page or wherever his fans would see it. He could have let her interview him to drum up listeners for her project. All of these things would have helped her without corralling her into being Art - assuming she had the talent to succeed. If she did have talent, pretending to be Art seems to have completely squelched it. It seems like the path she and Art chose was the worst path possible, at least where the show is concerned.

He did all of those things and more. He continuously cut new ads for her show as well. He was promoting the time traveler subscriptions and the area 51 picnic on his facebook. Several plugs per week on his Facebook

ShayP

Quote from: Lord Grantham on April 19, 2018, 02:29:06 PM

But that would be common courtesy.  It seems lost in this day and age.

GravitySucks

Quote from: ShayP on April 19, 2018, 02:29:02 PM
She could always not post on Facebook.  Doing so now is not helping her.  It doesn't seem like she has any support.  Just people barking at her and telling her what she should do.

Well, its not like you are going to cross the Mississippi to go give her a bear hug.

Kolchak

Quote from: Lord Grantham on April 19, 2018, 02:29:06 PM

It's like having your psychic tell you she was just fucking with you, but will keep the $20.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: ShayP on April 19, 2018, 02:29:02 PM
She could always not post on Facebook.  Doing so now is not helping her.  It doesn't seem like she has any support.  Just people barking at her and telling her what she should do.
I know, right? Just log off and talk to someone real. It’s like people have lost reality. It’s so bizarre.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 19, 2018, 02:31:20 PM
He did all of those things and more. He continuously cut new ads for her show as well. He was promoting the time traveler subscriptions and the area 51 picnic on his facebook. Several plugs per week on his Facebook

What I do wonder..  did he want her to find her own place? Be original while keeping true to the general idea of the show? OR did he really want her to be him?

ShayP

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 19, 2018, 02:33:09 PM
Well, its not like you are going to cross the Mississippi to go give her a bear hug.

If I'm crossin' the Mississipi, you'll be the first one to get a hug big boy.  grrrr...

GravitySucks

Quote from: Kolchak on April 19, 2018, 02:33:42 PM
It's like having your psychic tell you she was just fucking with you, but will keep the $20.

It does cull the list of possible guests for the show.

No more angels
No more exorcism
No more bible codes
No more near death experiences
No more ...

ponyboysunset

Quote from: ShayP on April 19, 2018, 02:35:39 PM
If I'm crossin' the Mississipi, you'll be the first one to get a hug big boy.  grrrr...
#gay? Lol.  ;D

GravitySucks

Straight west on I-10 and turn left at Baytown big boy.

Speaking of bear hugs. I wonder if I should head downtown and give Amy Martin a big old GravitySucks Texas welcome. 

chefist

Is that code for something?

ShayP

Quote from: ponyboysunset on April 19, 2018, 02:35:10 PM
I know, right? Just log off and talk to someone real. It’s like people have lost reality. It’s so bizarre.

Yes, bizarre.  I just don't get it.  i'm glad I have zero social media accounts.  My social media is BellGab.  Hmm...I'm not sure how I should feel about that.  :-\  ;)

GravitySucks

Quote from: ponyboysunset on April 19, 2018, 02:37:56 PM
#gay? Lol.  ;D

Zip it missy. It’s not like you sent me pictures in a sun dress.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: ShayP on April 19, 2018, 02:39:36 PM
Yes, bizarre.  I just don't get it.  i'm glad I have zero social media accounts.  My social media is BellGab.  Hmm...I'm not sure how I should feel about that.  :-\  ;)
I have both but don’t post much these days.

weeberwubber

Quote from: bellNwhistle on April 19, 2018, 02:19:42 PM
Sounds like a dick. I get that maybe he thought it might motivate her to do better, (or something), but not all of us work that way.. clearly.

You would think he would have learned his lesson after constant updates about those numbers made his last host quit. :p

ponyboysunset

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 19, 2018, 02:41:45 PM
Zip it missy. It’s not like you sent me pictures in a sun dress.
Hahahahaha! I got my 120 today GS!

Grifynne

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 19, 2018, 02:36:09 PM

No more angels
No more exorcism
No more bible codes
No more ...

She could still have those guests on, then just repeatedly tell them that they are wrong. I bet it would make for riveting radio.  :P

Ok, I am not an old timer here, but did not bellgab set up Art for a 3rd coming?, did the members not bend over backwards for art and make countless calls and do other things to support him???,, and his mind was changed about this place, the place that made so much possible for him by a 3rd rate turbotard strap hanger that hooked into an old mans ego of what used to be and forgot about his wife and children to do what no man in their normal mental capacity would do and lie for her and give her a shoe and move her next door,, think of the family that wonders?

Dateline

I am about to OD on cheese.  Look at the legacy that Art left on the air waves.  Heather, sugarless and talentless without the sugar daddy. 

Norry, the other left over.  He is not nice and he lies. 

Kolchak

If she's going to be in front of her computer all night, she really should just go live tonight and lay everything out. If she's not occupied, she'll probably end up listening to Coast's tribute and spiraling deeper down the rabbit hole.

Chine

Quote from: weeberwubber on April 19, 2018, 02:43:00 PM
You would think he would have learned his lesson after constant updates about those numbers made his last host quit. :p

I wonder what Keith is thinking as he is reading all of this on Facebook.

ShayP

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 19, 2018, 02:38:33 PM
Straight west on I-10 and turn left at Baytown big boy.

Speaking of bear hugs. I wonder if I should head downtown and give Amy Martin a big old GravitySucks Texas welcome.

:o   ;D

"...a big old GravitySucks Texas welcome."

aldousburbank

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 19, 2018, 02:36:09 PM

No more angels
No more exorcism
No more bible codes
No more ...

https://youtu.be/mYlwF0jP5-w

Grifynne

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 19, 2018, 02:31:20 PM

I mean if she went off and started a show all her own (or chose to take MITD in her own direction). I know he did those things for MITD, but she never seemed to break out of the persona of Art.

And maybe that was by design. Perhaps Art publically stated she could, but behind the scenes told her she couldn't. Either way, it seems like a bad move if you are trying to nurture someone's talent. You would also think that an expert would listen to what was being produced and realize that the current method wasn't working.

Quote from: Chine on April 19, 2018, 02:45:24 PM
I wonder what Keith is thinking as he is reading all of this on Facebook.

"Where did I put Leo Ashcraft's number?"

Taco Bell

Quote from: Chine on April 19, 2018, 02:45:24 PM
I wonder what Keith is thinking as he is reading all of this on BellGab.

Fixed