• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

chefist

Quote from: malachi.martini on May 16, 2018, 02:38:04 PM
TED has long been pretentious garbage, soy feed for 'have all the answers but not really' numales and cultural marxists. Hancock exposed them, Sheldrake exposed them, and Hyde destroyed them famously.  Art covered all those topics, even had the patron saint of transhuman

That was beautiful. I wonder how many of those kids even understood he was trolling them.

dsz

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 16, 2018, 01:58:25 PM
https://twitter.com/keithrowland/status/996841328406228992

He’s kind of a naughty boy, that one. ::)

Keith, isn't it worth reconciling with crazy to have two of the top five streamed shows in late night?

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Kolchak on May 16, 2018, 02:48:53 PM
Did Karen just call Dave "the new host of Dark Matters"?
;D

And Dennis Hoff is running for some office.. apparently running brothels is easy work. ::)

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 16, 2018, 02:53:27 PM
I think his shirt may be chaffing him. :o

No, those tops come like that.

chefist

Quote from: Kizuna Ai on May 16, 2018, 02:47:03 PM
It's not the color girls should be worried about it's size. Little brown ones are better than pink ones the size of a dinner plate.

Pizzapunch

New development, apparently Lasha went to Trademarks R Us with Heather

Sean92008

Quote from: Pizzapunch on May 16, 2018, 12:26:24 PM
So Gary Mize is a black ops agent? That's scary considering he made this statement....
Mize is a black ops agent...  Uh, right.

The Heatherites are a "special" group.

Quote from: Pizzapunch on May 16, 2018, 02:57:33 PM

Adam, sweetie...

LadyFish

Quote from: DaveSchrader on May 16, 2018, 11:27:49 AM
Paranormal seems limited as we cover more than that, Fringe seems to cover a wide variety of topics mainstream seems to turn a blind eye to without pigeon holing the show to a percieved or limited niche.

Thoughts?

Updating the name of the “wormhole” might be something to consider, too.

Yorkshire pud

She needs a few of these: â,,¢â,,¢â,,¢â,,¢â,,¢â,,¢â,,¢â,,¢â,,¢   Senda has loads and apparently all you need. Simples.

K_Dubb

Quote from: LadyFish on May 16, 2018, 02:59:55 PM

Can it be a portal?

Norm

Quote from: brig on May 16, 2018, 02:15:45 PM
Karen is on KNYE now.  She said Dave will be on 5:30 eastern.

Tuned in right at this very moment...

bellNwhistle

So, is it actually verified this cracker lived anywhere near Heather?

Nobody

Quote from: DaveSchrader on May 16, 2018, 11:27:49 AM
Paranormal seems limited as we cover more than that, Fringe seems to cover a wide variety of topics mainstream seems to turn a blind eye to without pigeon holing the show to a percieved or limited niche.

Thoughts?

The word "Fortean" seems to cover pretty much anything that the word "fringe" does while steering clear of the negative connotations associated with the latter word.  I'll admit that "Fortean" might sound dated to some, but words come and go; perhaps it's about time it was revived?

(Alternately, you can coin the adjective "Schradean" and have that evolve over time to mean anything you want it to mean.)  :)

The point being: from where I'm standing, the word "fringe" has accumulated sufficient negative connotations so as to allow people to mock and scoff a lot easier than if you employ a different word.

zeebo

Quote from: malachi.martini on May 16, 2018, 02:38:04 PM
TED has long been pretentious garbage, soy feed for 'have all the answers but not really' numales and cultural marxists. Hancock exposed them, Sheldrake exposed them, and Hyde destroyed them famously.  Art covered all those topics, even had the patron saint of transhumanism on.

I can't really speak for the wide range on TED, but I do think cutting edge science and the possible cultural/economic implications of future tech trends is pretty interesting.  One of my favorite guests Art ever had on was Bart Kosko who discussed nanotech, fuzzy logic, cyronics, genetics.  Fascinating stuff imho.  And more plausible than another Mothman tale.

timebandit

2nd salvo
tonight.

#TheWrathOfHeather

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Bart Ell on May 16, 2018, 02:23:26 PM
You fuckers are missing it, Karen is live and counting to 21!

I'm tuned in hehe

Quote from: Doomed on May 16, 2018, 03:05:54 PM
Oh my. Shit just got real, eh?

as real as Heater’s scat fethish, my friend.

bellNwhistle

Karen may need to start calling the show MITD.  :-X

Corona Kitty

Quote from: chefist on May 16, 2018, 03:08:46 PM
He..."Dark Matters"...

Haha dark matters ...  ;D ;D ;D

I don't blame her.... I mean... Nevermind.

Quote from: zeebo on May 16, 2018, 03:04:53 PM
I can't really speak for the wide range on TED, but I do think cutting edge science and the possible cultural/economic implications of future trends is pretty interesting.  One of my favorite guests Art ever had on was Bart Kosko who discussed nanotech, fuzzy logic, cyronics, genetics.  Fascinating stuff imho.  And more plausible than another Mothman tale.

I miss Eugene Mallove, so many great shows with Art on alternative energy before he was brutally murdered.

Really want Dave to talk to Robert Lanza on the century of biology, biocentrism, and life after death.

Lilith

Quote from: LadyFish on May 16, 2018, 02:59:55 PM

I admit, I would like to see it called something else.

Lilith

Quote from: username on May 16, 2018, 03:07:39 PM
I'm tuned in hehe

Me too, been listening for over an hour. Karen has pretty good taste in tunes  ;D

bellNwhistle

Quote from: brig on May 16, 2018, 03:11:53 PM
I admit, I would like to see it called something else.

LOL the spirit box.

Yeah, if Heather wants to be the worm holed, then let her have it.