• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Lilith

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on May 14, 2018, 03:21:17 AM
I would imagine that depends on how useful they are?

Well, yeah, at least that's how Senda does it.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: LadyFish on May 14, 2018, 07:08:26 AM
I really enjoyed Karen’s stories about Art and her interview with Michael.

Since KYNE is the flagship station for the real MitD, it would be really interesting for the Good Dave to also interview Karen on his show to share some of her Art stories. Not the Heather drama stuff, but more as an hour long tribute as he did with his wrestler friend last week.

I wonder who the skank was that superimposed monkey faces onto Airyn's pictures, and posted them on Art's page? o.O  What her beef was? Spurned lover? Maybe she was another "Heather" who thought she was going to get a show?

ponyboysunset

Since KYNE is the flagship station for the real MitD, it would be really interesting for the Good Dave to also interview Karen on his show to share some of her Art stories. Not the Heather drama stuff, but more as an hour long tribute as he did with his wrestler friend last week.
+1

ponyboysunset

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 14, 2018, 07:11:47 AM
I wonder who the skank was that superimposed monkey faces onto Airyn's pictures, and posted them on Art's page? o.O  What her beef was? Spurned lover? Maybe she was another "Heather" who thought she was going to get a show?
That's awful.

K_Dubb

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 14, 2018, 07:11:47 AM

Karen called his nemesis "Evvy" last night; Evvy Garrett is the writer of the HamFanz Grudge Report linked earlier.

Looks about right.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 14, 2018, 07:17:43 AM
Karen called his nemesis "Evvy" last night; Evvy Garrett is the writer of the HamFanz Grudge Report linked earlier.

I clicked on the link a week ago? Not sure when it was first posted..  I recall PBS saying it was yucky. (My word, not hers). 

Yikes!  If you just google "http://hamfanz.blogspot.com/"  you could be looking at images from the site and not need to read about it. Fucking creepy.

-----------

If you listen to Mike Deacon's interview to the end, you should then hear Art interviewing David Paulides.  Maybe Dave can get him on at some point?

Dave- if you read this (which you may not, having to wade through pages of utter shyte to do so), are guest requests better sent to you or to Michelle?  I'm all in for David Paulides, Howard Hughes, Josh Gates, .. to name a few. ;)  (Oh, there are so many great crime podcasters.  I love listening to Marissa Jones from The Vanished).

AstroBuzz

Quote from: AlternativeSide on May 14, 2018, 07:19:47 AM
Taking Back the Legacy

Heather Wade LIVE !!!

Classy of Heather going on a network run by a host that talked shit about Art Bell numerous times... that's pretty sad. Shame on her.   >:(

ponyboysunset

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 14, 2018, 07:21:20 AM
I clicked on the link a week ago? Not sure when it was first posted..  I recall PBS saying it was yucky. (My word, not hers). 

Yikes!  If you just google "http://hamfanz.blogspot.com/"  you could be looking at images from the site and not need to read about it. Fucking creepy.
It was stomach turning to say the least but now that even more information is out, I believe lonevoice said this site was not credible as it was run by some crazy person or something to that effect.

Quote from: lonevoice on May 11, 2018, 06:22:03 PM
QFT about hamfanz.com from a post by *cough*me*cough* in 2012

As an addendum, her main source of info was W6WBJ, AKA Billy the Jammer, AKA William Crowell.  Crowell was Art's tormentor on ham radio for over a decade until the FCC cancelled his license and fined him $25,000 for his activities.  You can see the documentation here: https://transition.fcc.gov/eb/Orders/2016/DA-16-877A1.html

Not saying that everything Evvy published on her hamfanz blog was fabricated, but a lot of it was.  I had an ongoing run-in with her myself, and it was entirely based on a completely delusional belief she had about me.

I honestly have no clue what was real or not but I do know who I like to listen to and where I will be spending my time and money and for now it's Good Dave.
TidePods!

bellNwhistle

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 14, 2018, 07:25:53 AM
It was stomach turning to say the least but now that even more information is out, I believe lonevoice said this site was not credible as it was run by some crazy person or something to that effect. I honestly have no clue what was real or not but I do know who I like to listen to and where I will be spending my time and money and for now it's Good Dave.
TidePods!

I guess at this point, which site isn't  run by a crazy person?  ???  (The "normal" ones are few and far between. :P )

TidePods!

Nobody

Quote from: Friday on May 14, 2018, 06:49:04 AM
This has to stop.

Er, am I missing something?  Because I can't see how a king would ever deliberately choose a queen to succeed him.  ???

(Unless I am overlooking something, a queen would ascend to a throne only as a last resort.)

ponyboysunset

Quote from: Nobody on May 14, 2018, 07:27:50 AM
Er, am I missing something?  Because I can't see how a king would ever deliberately choose a queen to succeed him.  ???

(Unless I am overlooking something, a queen would ascend to a throne only as a last resort.)
This shit really is turning into a bad Game of Thrones rip off. Kudos to Lord Grantham for calling it.
Quote from: Lord Grantham on May 14, 2018, 06:57:56 AM
They're cosplaying Game of Thrones at this point.

cweb

Quote from: AlternativeSide on May 14, 2018, 07:19:47 AM
Taking Back the Legacy

Heather Wade LIVE !!! 9 PM Pacific time

You know, this episode has introduced me to so many hideous looking websites.

https://artbelllegacy.com/whitley.html

That Website looks like it is straight out of 1994. Why not just toss up a generic word press site? It would look a lot better. As a potential subscriber, I am hesitant to pay for something that look rushed and low effort.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: nooryisawesome on May 14, 2018, 07:39:19 AM
https://artbelllegacy.com/whitley.html

That Website looks like it is straight out of 1994. Why not just toss up a generic word press site? It would look a lot better. As a potential subscriber, I am hesitant to pay for something that look rushed and low effort.
New answer, stealing it from mv.
Because #legacy I am guessing.

Pizzapunch

Apparently Paul and  Ella only interact and learn about the outside level through Heather. I guess legitimate news organizations didn't accept the dead dog 87 dvd

Lord Grantham

Quote from: Pizzapunch on May 14, 2018, 07:45:20 AM
dead dog 87 dvd

The real vultures reveal themselves. Leave Airyn out of this, Paulley. 

DaveSchrader

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 14, 2018, 01:43:21 AM

For clarification, I asked what that meant, Keith respectfully responded this way,

"In order for Heather Wade to avoid any pending lawsuits & breach of her non-compete clause,
she simply needs to use a different name for her new show. We then part amicably & move forward wishing her well with no further repercussions.«

Keith is a very decent guy, I would not have aligned myself with him or MitD if he wasn't. The claims of how evil he was took place when hosts made unreasonable demands or disagreed with the business model Keith created.

Not evil, just business. Victims point fingers and cry foul when they don't get their way.

Heather is the one that refused to commit to a return date, refused to allow the show to continue with a temporary fill in host of her own choosing. These choices effectively showed blatant disregard for listeners of the show and the money they spent to support her. 

In today's world, going off air for two to four weeks would have destroyed the show and all that Keith created with blood, sweat and tears.  It is unfair to blame him for trying to sustain a program and business he helped create.

I said it the first night and stand by it, we all grieve in different ways and I don't doubt that Heather hurt over the loss and continues to do so, however, I lost my biggest fan, supporter and friend when my Mom passed away in Nov of 2016. I was off for the week leading up to her death and the week after as I was by her side til the end, in another state.

I was destroyed, but I knew one thing, Mom loved my show and I knew if I took even one more day off because of her she would have personally kicked my ass. As hard as it was, I went back to do the job because it was my job and I had obligations, and I wasn't  on a subscription based show that could sink my show or network if I just didn't show up.

I wish Heather well and sincerely mean that, she needs healing and professional help to aide her in her grieving.

That aside, subscribers were dropping like flies because of the lack of new shows and got dangerously low, in one week of showing commitment to this show and dedication to move forwatd, we rebounded and have already surpassed membership before Heather left by over 15% and picking up more subscribers daily.

Heather was given every chance to stay aboard, she made a choice, her choice, I've seen the emails that were sent. Keith was left to a very hard choice, wait for her to return to a show hemmorraging money and supporters and lose what he had built, or replace the uncertain and non committal host and right the ship. He made his choice because of her inability to make hers.

This will all eventually clear itself up, and I really hope for Heather's sake, she makes a better educated decision and avoids the impending lawsuits.

There is plenty of room for a new show for her, she just needs a new show name and her life can continue without issue. Seems that makes more sense then setting herself up for a long and money wasting lawsuit.

Either way, my prayers and positive thoughts continue for her and this is the last I will discuss this nonsense.

Your pal,

Dave

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 14, 2018, 01:43:21 AM

HW has made her own bed. I just can't blieve she is so stupid and "cunning" at the same time. See but she is not smart at all. At this point I believe she, with poor advice being whispered in her ear, with Art gone she thought this is what I can do to be on my own, and with those voices in her ear saying she can be bigger than Art. No controls or constrants on her now. We all know this is not gonna happen. She is gonna get dragged into court. She most likely feels she can pull the, "I didn't know anything about the legal stuff, Art handled it and I just did what he told me to do." While saying this she will be crying as she did with Joe Meth and has all these emails refering to herself as totally broken and unable to function, not even able to attend the funeral. It is a great set up and act. Problem is, the law is the law and all the crying and snot driping from her face isn't gonna make a judge rule against the law.
Keef, get an injunction for this evenings show. Squash her now and make here just go away. She fooled a lot of people but the law is black and white. Just can't let her get away w/ it. If she ignores an injunction, which her attitude shows she thinks she is the "real deal" I can see her going on w/ the show, Art may tell her to just do it and that's s when she get's her ass tossed in the cooler.

ponyboysunset

Nice job Good Dave.
TidePods!  8)

Quote from: Sammi on May 14, 2018, 04:45:14 AM
As I put in the edit above.. The station I'm with has been around for 19 years (I used to listen to it back when I was 14 and I'm 28 now), was started by someone high up at MTV, and has celebrity investor and people from famous bands have talk shows on it and is partnered with major companies... It's the largest online rock station and as of 2016 was getting 5.5 mil unique monthly listeners (idk the current stats for the overall station.. But back then it was on the Triton list next to ESPN and Iheart stations as far as stuff being tabulated)...  And from what I know the top shows on the station get in the 100k range for listeners.. So I have a really hard time believing Heather is really projected get 1mil listeners on a station no ones ever heard of.   I would honestly have a hard time believing that Art Bell or George Noory would be getting those numbers on an unknown station on such short notice w/ like zero promo.

The biggest point I can make is... WHO OUTSIDE OF HEATHER'S FACEBOOK AND TWITTER EVEN KNOWS ABOUT HER BEING ON LMN?!   Facebook has a cap of 5000 friends and her twitter has like 1000 followers?  And out of that number you can only expect a small fraction to actually listen, I mean maybe it's different for Heather but just bc I have x number of followers doesn't equal I'm getting x numbers of listeners or purchasers whether it's for radio or music.   I don't even think a million people are aware Heather Wade exists.

The one million is no doubt the total of unique listeners to LNM over some length of time. If the station you're on has 5.5 million and you have 25K listeners, then there will likely be about 4,000 listening to Heather tonight.

Dave Schrader LIVE !!!

QuoteMon May 14 â€" 9 PM Pacific/12AM Eastern
Dr Dean Radin â€" Real Magic

Lilith

Quote from: DaveSchrader on May 14, 2018, 07:51:41 AM
For clarification, I asked what that meant, Keith respectfully responded this way,

"In order for Heather Wade to avoid any pending lawsuits & breach of her non-compete clause,
she simply needs to use a different name for her new show. We then part amicably & move forward wishing her well with no further repercussions.«

Keith is a very decent guy, I would not have aligned myself with him or MitD if he wasn't. The claims of how evil he was took place when hosts made unreasonable demands or disagreed with the business model Keith created.

Not evil, just business. Victims point fingers and cry foul when they don't get their way.

Heather is the one that refused to commit to a return date, refused to allow the show to continue with a temporary fill in host of her own choosing. These choices effectively showed blatant disregard for listeners of the show and the money they spent to support her. 

In today's world, going off air for two to four weeks would have destroyed the show and all that Keith created with blood, sweat and tears.  It is unfair to blame him for trying to sustain a program and business he helped create.

I said it the first night and stand by it, we all grieve in different ways and I don't doubt that Heather hurt over the loss and continues to do so, however, I lost my biggest fan, supporter and friend when my Mom passed away in Nov of 2016. I was off for the week leading up to her death and the week after as I was by her side til the end, in another state.

I was destroyed, but I knew one thing, Mom loved my show and I knew if I took even one more day off because of her she would have personally kicked my ass. As hard as it was, I went back to do the job because it was my job and I had obligations, and I wasn't  on a subscription based show that could sink my show or network if I just didn't show up.

I wish Heather well and sincerely mean that, she needs healing and professional help to aide her in her grieving.

That aside, subscribers were dropping like flies because of the lack of new shows and got dangerously low, in one week of showing commitment to this show and dedication to move forwatd, we rebounded and have already surpassed membership before Heather left by over 15% and picking up more subscribers daily.

Heather was given every chance to stay aboard, she made a choice, her choice, I've seen the emails that were sent. Keith was left to a very hard choice, wait for her to return to a show hemmorraging money and supporters and lose what he had built, or replace the uncertain and non committal host and right the ship. He made his choice because of her inability to make hers.

This will all eventually clear itself up, and I really hope for Heather's sake, she makes a better educated decision and avoids the impending lawsuits.

There is plenty of room for a new show for her, she just needs a new show name and her life can continue without issue. Seems that makes more sense then setting herself up for a long and money wasting lawsuit.

Either way, my prayers and positive thoughts continue for her and this is the last I will discuss this nonsense.

Your pal,

Dave

Thanks for this Good Dave!  I believe every word you typed.

TidePods!

timebandit

#And The Dog Piling Begins
#Another Enters The Fray

#HeatherArmy

bellNwhistle

QuoteHeather was given every chance to stay aboard, she made a choice, her choice, I've seen the emails that were sent. Keith was left to a very hard choice, wait for her to return to a show hemmorraging money and supporters and lose what he had built, or replace the uncertain and non committal host and right the ship. He made his choice because of her inability to make hers.

Right. For as much as her supporters would like to argue that everyone loved her and that Art chose her, etc.. they were not privy to all of the information. Not just even the decrease in terms of listeners and subscribers, but also with regard to affiliates. Many (if not all) were there because of Art. They knew his name meant something. Over time, without Art at the helm, I’d imagine running an ad on MTID probably wasn’t worth the money.

Quote from: bateman on May 14, 2018, 06:15:57 AM
https://twitter.com/keithrowland/status/995988744510488576?s=21

Better every month!

Rowland is ill served with the trash talk. He should just say the show moved on.

Smeghead

Quote from: brig on May 13, 2018, 11:29:48 PM
I think Heather had a nice voice, and I think Art Genuinely liked it.  Thing is, it takes a lot more than a voice to do a successful show.

What happend to her voice after she took over the show, I have no idea, maybe she's alergic to sand.

I've never been able to listen to her, because she just sounded so fake, but I never heard her in Gabcast days.  Someone posted an audio clip on here around 100 pages or more ago from then.  She actually sounded good and I would have had no problem with the voice part of it if she still sounded like that.  But it was the fake, long drawn out laughing, the "I'm so cool and mysterious" trying to sound voice and just seemed like she was talking down to everyone instead of with everyone that turned me off.

A "tell all" Gabcast hosted by MV with Karen guesting would be even better.  ;)