• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Value Of Pi

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 05, 2018, 02:48:31 AM
I can see a talented pro becoming successful with an internet show.  It is the wave of the future but I don't think that breakthrough is going to be MITD.

The key too is if someone reliable is brought on like Schrader, radio affiliates would probably line up to carry the show.  Remember Cumulus was ready to sign Art and MITD but then Art decided to quit for the final time.  Schrader's not Art though and it would be a tough slog for him to make the breakthrough.  I just don't think Dave is that interesting a personality though I could be wrong..

Well, that's the thing -- it's all about having "that interesting a personality." I've got an idea on that challenge in particular. Stop looking for a replacement Art in the universe of current paranormal hosts. C2C will probably have a lot of them under lock and key anyway. Find someone who's a talented radio host and can handle Bellian type subject matter, maybe from a fresh perspective.

Here's one suggestion: Chuck Nice, a stand-up comedy guy with lots of radio experience and who actually co-hosted Star Talk with Neil DeGrasse Tyson, so he knows how to talk about sciency stuff and make it interesting. (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_Nice). He would be a helluva choice, if Keith could somehow get him for at least a trial period.

If not, there are no doubt others in this vein. Bottom line for Keith, look at the options you're probably not even considering. Too bad he is such an 0s and 1s guy and probably is not getting much creative input.

AZZERAE

Quote from: aldousburbank on May 05, 2018, 02:31:04 PM
Here's the problem with Dave Schrader that you all are overlooking- He's Canadian right?

Get outta towwwn

Corona Kitty

Quote from: SpookyTim on May 05, 2018, 02:33:02 PM
Hardly. But I also dont think he physically smells, either.

But Noory smells like fucking beets.

I haven't actually been around him so I cant say, but I've been around noory. He's a hugger, I didn't detect any odor but then again I was drinking.

yoursongs

What if HW has the same disease as Charles Krauthammer, and is in a wheelchair?  That would explain why she "can't be seen, or photographed".  She would be embarrassed for that to be known, esp. in her line of previous work.  I would like to know what other think is the reason for the "no photos" thing.

Chine

Tommy wasn’t stinky but looked sticky.

And turmeric. And turkee sammiches.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: yoursongs on May 05, 2018, 02:34:18 PM
What if HW has the same disease as Charles Krauthammer, and is in a wheelchair?  That would explain why she "can't be seen, or photographed".  She would be embarrassed for that to be known, esp. in her line of previous work.  I would like to know what other think is the reason for the "no photos" thing.

It does seem like people "in the know" are not saying... 

but Aldous would know.  Is he saying?

Aldous?

Are you saying?

Lilith

Quote from: SpookyTim on May 05, 2018, 01:03:39 PM
If you want Dave, you can get him three nights a week plus a couple of weekend nights a month. I wanted someone that might take the topics down a different, and fresher, path. That's all.

I had similar hopes,  but hey, we have bellgab,

Praise MV!

If he gets into the religious tirade thing like Wells does, well I was a long time subscriber to Wells, and not only quit subscribing, but completely quit listening as his religious rants got longer and more frequent.

Dyna-X

Quote from: aldousburbank on May 05, 2018, 02:31:04 PM
Here's the problem with Dave Schrader that you all are overlooking- He's Canadian right?
Well if DMRN produces his show he might not qualify for Canadian Content laws unless he plays Rush for bumpers. LOL

popple

Quote from: HumanBeing on May 05, 2018, 09:18:19 AM
This person thinks she's amazing  ::)

The woman who called the cops which (according to Art) terrorized Asia so much he and his wife decided he couldn't host MITD anymore?

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Chine on May 05, 2018, 02:35:25 PM
Tommy wasn’t stinky but looked sticky.

I can confirm this, he seems pretty miserable in person.

K_Dubb

Quote from: yoursongs on May 05, 2018, 02:34:18 PM

From her interactions with fans people post on here at least half of them are lonely men, so it is not too far from her previous occupation and the hazards are the same.  I think she thinks her voice sounds better than she looks.  Don't destroy the illusion.

Lilith

Quote from: SpookyTim on May 05, 2018, 01:09:25 PM
I'm trying to speak from a listener perspective.

Maybe it won't be longterm.  Maybe Keith will keep looking.

One can only hope

HumanBeing

Quote from: Dyna-X on May 05, 2018, 02:25:34 PM
Got an adrenaline rush from the RG avatar....good one HB. Time to sage smudge the computer.

and bring out the chainsaws for juggling.

AZZERAE

Quote from: username on May 05, 2018, 02:37:02 PM

Being as morbidly obese as ol' Tommy is, his apparent misery should be understandable.

Every day he digs his grave with his teeth.

aldousburbank

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 05, 2018, 02:35:39 PM
It does seem like people "in the know" are not saying... 

but Aldous would know.  Is he saying?

Aldous?

Are you saying?

SpookyTim

Quote from: username on May 05, 2018, 02:37:02 PM

I am not a fan of Tommy. We had a bad interaction years ago. Lisa is cool, though

AZZERAE

Schrader is a disappointing pick to say the least. That whiney voice suits a morning drive, not a late night show.

Dyna-X

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 05, 2018, 02:32:20 PM
He lives in Minnesota

http://www.darknessradio.com/bio
No way Keith would hire an illegal. Premeire, who knows, but not Keith.  ;D

AZZERAE

Quote from: SpookyTim on May 05, 2018, 02:42:23 PM
I am not a fan of Tommy. We had a bad interaction years ago. Lisa is cool, though

I remember that time he molested a garden gnome. Just horrible.

AZZERAE

Quote from: Dyna-X on May 05, 2018, 02:43:23 PM
No way Keith would hire an illegal. Premeire, who knows, but not Keith.  ;D

Hey, they are cheaper ... and Keith is counting coppers.

Dyna-X

Quote from: Azzerae on May 05, 2018, 02:42:51 PM
Schrader is a disappointing pick to say the least. That whiney voice suits a morning drive, not a late night show.
Maybe he can develop a late night spooky voice affectation.

aldousburbank

Quote from: El Chorro on May 05, 2018, 02:42:13 PM
Maybe you're thinking Syrette (sp?)

Probably. All these paranormal dudes look the same to me. (Not racist)

Lilith

Quote from: Bart Ell on May 05, 2018, 01:09:18 PM
Why?
This isn't American idol, Keith is bleeding subscribers and doesn't want to put another novice on.
In no universe does going with another unproven entity make sense.

I'll be honest, I would have rather listened to Keith do it himself, and have assorted guest hosts when he doesn't want to do it, or doesn't have time.  He has plenty to choose from.

That said, I'll give it a chance.

Who knows, maybe it wont last long, and somebody new is right around the corner.