• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

dsz

Quote from: chefist on May 05, 2018, 01:17:27 AM
No one has that...not even Limbaugh...lie after lie at this point.

John B Wells has music in his archives. Guess he's more special than Rush, Heather... maybe even Art.

#JohnBWellsDefender
#TheRealArtBellLegacy

GravitySucks

Quote from: SredniVashtar on May 05, 2018, 05:28:26 AM
They are the exception rather than the rule, though. I don't know anything about the middle one, but the others are comics (Dore allegedly) so it's not a day job for them. GWF sounds awful, is it a bunch of unfunny women trying to sound edgy?

There is the No Agenda show - basically a pair of grumpy old bastards moaning about the news - which would probably appeal to you as there is plenty of Trump-nuzzling going on. I don't know if they make money really, there is a lot of Falkie-style panhandling.

I answered a specific question. Yes. People can make a living using internet streaming without being on terrestrial radio. Not everyone but, as the OP opined, a niche market.

I found the early episodes of The Guys We Fucked hilarious. Mainly because they were touting themselves as these total feminists in support of Hillary Clinton, they knew virtually nothing about their own bodies, women’s reproductive cycles, or safe sex practices and they had a total meltdown when Trump won the election. Pretty naive and clueless much of the time. But they was horny. I will give them that.

Juan

Streaming music and downloading it come under different sets of laws. Streaming pays a license fee to ASCAP or BMI. Downloading is called “mechanicals” and is considered the same as selling a record. The seller (podcaster) pays the record company a fee for each download. That’s in addition to the ASCAP/BMI fee.

GravitySucks

Quote from: dsz on May 05, 2018, 05:42:47 AM
John B Wells has music in his archives. Guess he's more special than Rush, Heather... maybe even Art.

#JohnBWellsDefender
#TheRealArtBellLegacy

I haven’t been a subscriber in years. If I remember correctly you could stream the archives but you had to use his app. You couldn’t download them as separate mp3s. Is that still the case?  Does he use copyrighted music?

Hells Mole

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 05, 2018, 02:39:58 AM
The first thing that comes to my mind when someone mentions Ratt is Milton Berle.  He was the uncle of Ratt's manager and appeared in their hit video, Round and Round.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u8teXR8VE4

I'm surprised that I never before noticed that this song is disturbingly close to Van Halen's "Panama".  Not only that it seems it was engineered to sound like Van Halen as well.  One of the guitar players is copying Eddie Van Halen's iconic facial contortions and the singer starts off the video with a David Lee Roth high kick.

Hells Mole

Quote from: HumanBeing on May 05, 2018, 03:59:50 AM
Do you know if Joe Rogan's revenue stream for his podcast is strictly from youtube?
With his youtube view numbers I know he does quite well, but I haven't seen any other avenues of revenue. No commercials. I'm not sure if he has any sponsors.
I believe he has his own product line but I haven't heard him hocking it all the time.

On YouTube the shows don't have commercials but there are advertisements if you listen via iTunes and probably other avenues as well.  Performance supplements and panties for men are the main products he pimps.

dsz

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 05, 2018, 01:25:46 AM
He is starting to have too much fun

https://twitter.com/keithrowland/status/992658719497338881

Keith's just too funny. So wait... If Heather is Conan that would make Art Jay. Maybe he did fake his death to escape Heather.
And good God does Keith ever sleep?
#KeithBot

dsz

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 05, 2018, 05:45:43 AM
I haven’t been a subscriber in years. If I remember correctly you could stream the archives but you had to use his app. You couldn’t download them as separate mp3s. Is that still the case?  Does he use copyrighted music?

Yep... Some of it's obscure and probably fair use or Indy label music but he has some bigger names too. Duran Duran between news and interview Thursday night. I dunno. He probably has a deal where gives the licensee his number of subscribers then has a set handful of songs he can play in a period.
*Edit...Actually Juan explained that better above.
And they are and have always been downloadable. It's the video part that is strictly stream.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Pizzapunch on May 04, 2018, 10:40:54 PM
hmmm I think she has it backwards on who gave who the ol wormhole

Art gave her the wormhole?  ::)

That’s not even how that works.
So, Art died, thus everything he ever touched is now hers?

"She's got it folks, she's really got it" ::)

Hopefully there's a fucking cure and she didn't spread it.
Or maybe that's how she got it in the first place....

dsz

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 05, 2018, 05:45:43 AM

Add to that what I like to call John B Wells yells at the news aka the news segment is now free to all registrants on the CTM site. Usually runs 25 minutes to an hour. It had been posted to YouTube free for probably a year or more but then censorship.
And to the poster who called him lethargic... He seems to have more of a spark since he met Mrs. B.
(Bet you won't find Keith or Heather giving away the first quarter of each episode free in archives. #NiceGuy)

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Faustina on May 04, 2018, 11:37:57 PM
That would be so amazing if Destination America went all-paranormal shows!  Hope that happens.
isnt it more or less already? I have the app on my phone.  :-* Wish I  could get it on the Roku. I don’t think it’s on there. Could be wrong.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: SpookyTim on May 04, 2018, 11:42:45 PM
And WTF am I listening to now? Give this time slot to Senda.

Well aren’t you the regular ol’ BellGabber! (Looks like you’ve  officially been infected).  ;D

;)

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Dreamlander on May 05, 2018, 12:38:14 AM
After the way she responded to George Knapp and all the rest of her poor behaviour, I don't see C2C offering a guest spot anytime soon.

Why would Noory touch that train wreck?

dsz

I know I'm reading too much into this but if the new host has staying power and isn't interim then how could Howard (or anyone else) have the chance to step up in the future.

#QuestionsKeith

bellNwhistle

Quote from: awguy on May 05, 2018, 05:30:02 AM
I think it's illegal to do this. You can't include bumper music in a downloadable MP3. Anyone doing this is getting away with because it's a small time operation. This is why the downloadable Mp3's of C2C don't include music but the streaming version does. You can stream music but it can't be available for download.

I hope she gets the fuck sued out of her.

Quote from: Kolchak on May 05, 2018, 01:14:27 AM
Heather is now teasing being able to put jumper music in downloadable archives. That’s a huge expense that Art couldn’t even afford.

She just got $600 from an adoring fan. Maybe she can use that. LMFAO

Quote from: mv on May 05, 2018, 05:01:45 AM
Don't Treat Keith This Way by Thelma Doucheton (A BellGab Production)
Now available on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nY1efbNPmC4

This is great, and I think the gratuitous "no" at the 1:38 mark is somehow the funniest part.

dsz

Quote from: Juan on May 05, 2018, 05:45:15 AM
Streaming music and downloading it come under different sets of laws. Streaming pays a license fee to ASCAP or BMI. Downloading is called “mechanicals” and is considered the same as selling a record. The seller (podcaster) pays the record company a fee for each download. That’s in addition to the ASCAP/BMI fee.

Actually that would explain why JBW is so keen on the app and keeps updating the stream interface for the audio portion of the shows on the site... Encourage people to stream instead of clicking that download button to avert an extra charge.

Element 115

Quote from: awguy on May 05, 2018, 05:30:02 AM
I think it's illegal to do this. You can't include bumper music in a downloadable MP3. Anyone doing this is getting away with because it's a small time operation. This is why the downloadable Mp3's of C2C don't include music but the streaming version does. You can stream music but it can't be available for download.

That's because they require two separate types of licenses with the latter being way more expensive.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Northern Nights on May 05, 2018, 06:35:29 AM
...the gratuitous "no" at the 1:38 mark...

haha, how odd for that to be the thing that grabs you.

dsz

;D ;D
I see this or in Nye being the outro to MITD on Friday nights... if the new host has any sense of humor.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: dsz on May 05, 2018, 06:43:16 AM
;D ;D
I see this or in Nye being the outro to MITD on Friday nights... if the new host has any sense of humor.

We need to find out if Keith has heard any of these since he appears prominently in two of the three.

dsz

Why does mv look like Liberace now?

Is it weird that K Dubb's profile pics kind of turn me on? I can't be the only one.

dan7800

Do we know who the next host will be?

Thelma was really *feeling* it here.  The hurt, betrayal, and pain in her voice was stunning.
Not sure where you found her but she's a fine addition.   

bellNwhistle

Quote from: dsz on May 05, 2018, 06:47:01 AM
Why does mv look like Liberace now?

Is it weird that K Dubb's profile pics kind of turn me on? I can't be the only one.

His sexy mode has been turned on. Watch what happens when you pull out the “piano”.  ;)

dsz

I hope Dave doesn't pull this on MITD. Such a Heather thing to do... Boot a guest halfway through. (Though I heard of Art doing it at least once on Coast.)

https://www.change.org/p/coast-to-coast-am-remove-dave-schrader-from-coast-to-coast-am