• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

GravitySucks

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 04, 2018, 07:08:00 AM
I wasn't concerned about Art I was concerned about getting lit up on the board more. That soon went away. You can actually see where that turn happened in my posting history. All of a sudden I was like 'fuck this shit' and started posting more what I actually thought. See, bellgab helped me to learn to take shit. So many people quit doing things they love because of what others think. At some point you say fuck it, I'm doing it anyway. It's that simple. I'm not saying criticism doesn't suck, I'm saying if you live your life trying to please other people you're fucked.

And yet we spend so much time and energy trying to get fucked.

HumanBeing

Quote from: SpookyTim on May 04, 2018, 12:01:47 AM
We do the show over terrestrial radio as well as the internet, in an actual studio. I definitely "talk radio" haha.

Look at you all professional  8)

I enjoyed the clip on twitter where you, were taking the devil's advocate stance and, questioned Stephanie on her psychic talents.
Good stuff can't wait until you are in the MITD host seat  ;)

Dyna-X

Somebody needs to get on the air soon and invite Linda Moulton Howe. She is putting out gems better than she ever did in 1996:

"We have not begun to discuss the various types of non-humans, of which there are many, and catagories.  And our own government categorizes them and the idea  that there could be an 8-foot tall praying mantis that is part lizard that shows up in a ball of light in your living room it…is incomprehensible. And yet, we those are the kinds of events that are in the human abduction syndrome that we, all  humanity needs to  understand at least what the governments know about balls of light delivering praying mantises into living rooms. "  - Linda Moulton Howe Phenomenon Radio May 3, 2018

bellNwhistle

I wasn't concerned about Art I was concerned about getting lit up on the board more. That soon went away. You can actually see where that turn happened in my posting history. All of a sudden I was like 'fuck this shit' and started posting more what I actually thought. See, bellgab helped me to learn to take shit. So many people quit doing things they love because of what others think. At some point you say fuck it, I'm doing it anyway. It's that simple. I'm not saying criticism doesn't suck, I'm saying if you live your life trying to please other people you're fucked.

It’s a beautiful thing when you get to that point. I mean, I enjoy moments of not saying/typing every thought that comes into my brain, but then it’s also nice to have those “fuck it” moments, too.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Dyna-X on May 04, 2018, 07:14:28 AM
Somebody needs to get on the air soon and invite Linda Moulton Howe. She is putting out gems better than she ever did in 1996:

"We have not begun to discuss the various types of non-humans, of which there are many, and catagories.  And our own government categorizes them and the idea  that there could be an 8-foot tall praying mantis that is part lizard that shows up in a ball of light in your living room it…is incomprehensible. And yet, we those are the kinds of events that are in the human abduction syndrome that we, all  humanity needs to  understand at least what the governments know about balls of light delivering praying mantises into living rooms. "  - Linda Moulton Howe Phenomenon Radio May 3, 2018

Fuck all that!

ponyboysunset

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 04, 2018, 07:14:52 AM
It’s a beautiful thing when you get to that point. I mean, I enjoy moments of not saying/typing every thought that comes into my brain, but then it’s also nice to have those “fuck it” moments, too.
Well yes, I think a lot of us don't type all that we are thinking but I was for sure looking for approval back then. Now I'm like you like me cool, you don't cool.  :)

WhiteCrow

Quote from: bateman on May 04, 2018, 06:59:27 AM
https://twitter.com/keithrowland/status/992365266435588096?s=21

Nice... Keith is carrying Art's legacy forward too!

I see an opportunity for a special limited edition offical authorized memorial tee shirt for honoring Art's Legacy.

Who has the rights to "Elvis" Art?   :o

Dream Big... Going to Graceland

https://youtu.be/H9M4XJXnCcw

cweb

MV even stated during his Art interview that Art had hoped he would moderate the board regarding the bashing Heather was taking. I'm glad he didn't. I'm actually glad now that he has not really ever moderated. I finally get it.
Amen to that. I was actually pretty done with the Heather Wade Show from the get go. But I was trying to be civil and give her a shot. That patience gave way to honesty over time. Bellgab has helped me be more up front too. You don't put makeup on a skin tumor, you cut the fucker out.

Art thought he could teach the "it" factor, but he's just like any other virtuoso. It came so naturally that he just didn't know how to teach it. (Some of which you can't teach.)

bellNwhistle

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 04, 2018, 07:16:57 AM
Well yes, I think a lot of us don't type all that we are thinking but I was for sure looking for approval back then. Now I'm like you like me cool, you don't cool.  :)

Then there’s  BO BO  :D

;)

HumanBeing

Quote from: DaveScottSOR on May 04, 2018, 12:19:50 AM
I wouldn't trust SpookyTim.  He trimmed up his beard for no reason.  His beard was like Sampson.  Then he cut it and lost his radio power.  Sounds like Fran Drescher on the air now.

But Dave you went emo  :D or are you going to blame that on Carl?

SpookyTim

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 04, 2018, 12:24:39 AM
Cool. Are your shows on youtube or a separate archive?   I have to say I watched a documentary about Bridgewater on Amazon a month or so ago and your avatar looks familiar.  Jeff Belanger and Loren Coleman were also in it and some cops that were involved in some murder cases in the late 70's or 80's.  Really cool show.  I bet you've also done your share of shows about  The Conjuring and other cases by the Warrens.  Do you know the Johnsons?  Primarily thinking of Keith.  I read Andrea Perron's series of books about the house.  A lot of that was more fascinating than what was shown in the movie.

Our video version is just on YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/spookysouthcoast) but the audio podcast is fed out to hundreds of podcast feeds, including iTunes, Stitcher, etc. Yeah, that's the doc I was in, too, albeit briefly. My friend Aaron Cadieux put that together after about a decade or more of research. We have covered "The Conjuring," absolutely. Andrea Perron is a friend, and I even got to know Norma Sutcliffe, the current owner of the house, although her and Andrea no longer get along so I've stayed out of that drama. The Johnsons are very good friends of mine, too. Keith was the first guest we ever had on Spooky Southcoast and a frequent contributor to the show. Carl Johnson and I are in a stage show together, along with Jeff Belanger and Andrew Lake, called "An Evening of Ghost Stories and New England Legends," which is where my avatar is from. There's a doc about the making of the stage show on Amazon as well.

Dyna-X

Quote from: aldousburbank on May 04, 2018, 07:16:21 AM
Fuck all that!
I know...its like them there mantises have already taken over this thread.

Quote from: SpookyTim on May 04, 2018, 07:31:32 AM
Our video version is just on YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/spookysouthcoast) but the audio podcast is fed out to hundreds of podcast feeds, including iTunes, Stitcher, etc. Yeah, that's the doc I was in, too, albeit briefly. My friend Aaron Cadieux put that together after about a decade or more of research. We have covered "The Conjuring," absolutely. Andrea Perron is a friend, and I even got to know Norma Sutcliffe, the current owner of the house, although her and Andrea no longer get along so I've stayed out of that drama. The Johnsons are very good friends of mine, too. Keith was the first guest we ever had on Spooky Southcoast and a frequent contributor to the show. Carl Johnson and I are in a stage show together, along with Jeff Belanger and Andrew Lake, called "An Evening of Ghost Stories and New England Legends," which is where my avatar is from. There's a doc about the making of the stage show on Amazon as well.

Someone said you were cornfed. Can you confirm?

SpookyTim

Quote from: nooryisawesome on May 04, 2018, 07:35:49 AM
Someone said you were cornfed. Can you confirm?

I'm a regular Haystacks Calhoun

ItsOver

Quote from: AlternativeSide on May 04, 2018, 03:34:50 AM
why can't you snowflakes just accept Hoagland won !!!
I'm so tired of these Martian collusion stories.

ponyboysunset

I think it might be time for a Spooky Southcoast Marathon today. I got 9 hours a day to kill at my day job. You used to have on a demonologist too. Was his name Ken, maybe? I like that you remain skeptical. You were talking about that on the Art Bell tribute show.

ponyboysunset

Quote from: ItsOver on May 04, 2018, 07:43:14 AM
I'm so tired of these Martian collusion stories.

I don't think it's Hoagland or Amy on the Radio. You have to actually do radio consistently for this job. Injured toes, air conditioners, headaches, dogs barking or whatever cannot stop you.  ::)

aldousburbank

Quote from: mv on May 04, 2018, 04:09:23 AM
it's just been amazing to see what's transpired on this forum over the last five years.  i never could have imagined what a soap opera would eventually manifest and how directly connected this forum would be to all of it.

man.

BellGab- the kitty litter box for all the cool cats!

ItsOver

Quote from: TheMan WhoFell ToEarth on May 04, 2018, 03:44:37 AM
...Art in a way took advantage of his fans here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBluR6cLxJ8

Dokken â€" Just Got Lucky

I should of known better
Should of seen right through
Over and over falling in love with you
Wanting you for myself- my first mistake
Finding out the hard way
Was all that I could take

You were just using someone
And I was the one

She said "You just got lucky"
I believed your deadly lies
"You just got lucky"
You're a devil in disguise

Don't want to hear no lies- no apologies
Imagination gets the best of me
I'm looking everywhere- still I see your face
I'll never forget you- you put me in my place

And I was the one

"You just got lucky"
I've been hypnotized
"You just got lucky"

Now that is over and I've seen right through
Not looking back again I'll start anew
Was making love to you such a wasted time
Maybe I love you, still, I'll get you off my mind

And I was the one

"You just got lucky"
I've been hypnotized
I was taken by surprise
"You just got lucky"

SpookyTim

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 04, 2018, 07:43:29 AM
I think it might be time for a Spooky Southcoast Marathon today. I got 9 hours a day to kill at my day job. You used to have on a demonologist too. Was his name Ken, maybe? I like that you remain skeptical. You were talking about that on the Art Bell tribute show.

Keith Johnson. He hasn't been on in a while, we should bring him back soon.

Roswells, Art

I think I heard one of your shows a long time ago. The guest was promoting his movie about the Bridgewater Triangle. It was pretty good. The movie wasn't as great as the show led me to believe but I liked it.

The one part of that documentary that really stuck with me is the story one guy tells about getting off work late at night and taking his dog for a walk. Underneath a street lamp he sees a furry alien. As he got closer the alien spoke to him in words he couldn't understand and held out its hand as if asking him to take it and go with him. There's a little more to the story but I don't want to ruin it for anyone that wants to see it. You can watch it on Amazon Prime for free.

aldousburbank

Quote from: SpookyTim on May 04, 2018, 07:51:56 AM

Keith Johnson
Heh heh heh

ponyboysunset

Quote from: SpookyTim on May 04, 2018, 07:51:56 AM
Demonolgy fascinates me and I am not religious at all. I also love the occult and I think those two things are tied together. It's so cool you guys are still on WBSM. Your show is nostalgic for me because it reminds me of the early days of listening to podcasts on my ipod video and thinking I was cool.

Quote from: AlternativeSide on May 04, 2018, 03:22:23 AM
CNN has projected Hoagie to be the next host of Midnight in the Desert...

Good deal.  How much are they paying people to listen?

Dyna-X

Quote from: ponyboysunset on May 04, 2018, 07:44:36 AM
I don't think it's Hoagland or Amy on the Radio. You have to actually do radio consistently for this job. Injured toes, air conditioners, headaches, dogs barking or whatever cannot stop you.  ::)
Hoagie has a Bridge Crew that would be more than happy  ;D ;D ;D to be guest hosts.

HumanBeing

Quote from: bellNwhistle on May 04, 2018, 05:19:45 AM
I love Ren and Stimpy <3  Unfortunately, the creator turned out to be a real sick SOB.. but if you look at him, I suppose that's no surprise.

BTW.. HumanBeing..    I honestly don't see how anyone could find Art attractive. Know there's someone out there for all of us, and obviously he had several women up for the Paranormal Pokey..  but yeah. I can't even get past the clothes he wore back in the day. What was that get-up? Some pervert priest thing going on there.

He's was a 32nd degree freemason  ;) so that brought some sort of style to his wardrobe  :P

The whole celebrity thing can make a guy who generally is a 5 or 6 out of 10 become an 8 or 9.
There is a big difference between the ladies you can 'pull' on those levels  :D

This is the style of Art that I like  ;D

cweb

Hi Heather,

I wrote you a new show opening. Hope you like it.

From the dimly lit cuckshed
and the veil of crocodile tears
I bid you (and your 53 cats) good evening
across the piles of pizza boxes
and down through the e-harmony rejection letters
this is Midnight in the Cuckshed
And I am your bumbled host
*cough cough* [bong hit] Heather Wade.