• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

zeebo

Quote from: mv on May 04, 2018, 02:54:58 AM
The second show?  Was that the one where he quit, she took over, and he had to come back on to keep things together?

I wonder if he means the test show (I think?) where he fielded the idea of a co-host, which was promptly rejected by fans.

Kolchak

Quote from: Dr Who on May 04, 2018, 03:03:01 AM
No MV remember about the second show in the internet wasn't working, Heather was co hosting with Art and she couldn't respond to a political statement because the internet went down?It was talked about on Gabcast back in July 2015.Look my mother always said don't speak ill of the dead,but I'm just asking did Art already know as the show started,it was all too much and wanted a replacement.

I think you're remembering the MITD test show.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Dr Who on May 04, 2018, 03:03:01 AM
No MV remember about the second show in the internet wasn't working, Heather was co hosting with Art and she couldn't respond to a political statement because the internet went down?It was talked about on Gabcast back in July 2015.Look my mother always said don't speak ill of the dead,but I'm just asking did Art already know as the show started,it was all too much and wanted a replacement.

i thought she only co-hosted that first show, the idea was D.O.A., and she didn't appear on the air with him again until that final show.

Dr Who

That's the one MV but I'm wondering had he realised even at that stage he was too ill and hoped that Heather would satisfy his followers because he chose her

Dr Who

It was the test show, just re listened have it on cd

Kolchak

Keith deleted the tweet, but it's too good a burn to not be preserved.

CNN has projected Hoagie to be the next host of Midnight in the Desert...

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Dr Who on May 04, 2018, 03:08:44 AM
That's the one MV but I'm wondering had he realised even at that stage he was too ill and hoped that Heather would satisfy his followers because he chose her

With MITD, I think Art simply didn't want to do the show any longer.  I don't even think it was his health, and I think the stalker story was designed to give his exit an "Art Bell flair" while saving face.  He miscalculated the public reaction to the plan.  Heather probably came close to mucking up his exit strategy (and complicating it) when she called the police.  If I'm correct, Art never called the police himself concerning the stalker matter.  Not once.

I think Art loved the attention and anticipation associated with coming back and the buildup toward that, but when it came to actually executing the grind, he would lose interest.  Art was a reeeeally fickle guy.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Kolchak on May 04, 2018, 03:20:26 AM

Good save

paladin1991

Quote from: Kolchak on May 04, 2018, 03:20:26 AM

I agree. 

WOTR

Quote from: Dr Who on May 04, 2018, 03:08:44 AM
I think that most of us would say that is the case- and that is the charitable version (that he was too ill and not just bored.)  Yeah- there was a stalker story- but that seems a little weak, at best (again, I actually don't care... He had the right to quit.)

I would think he was a little sicker than he thought and the show took more out of him that he wanted.  A terminal disease and a young child.  Should he spend hours a day working, or spend it with Asia?  I think he made the right decision.

I would say there is very little doubt that that "test run" with Heather was suggestive of his ideas at a very early stage.  I doubt that he planned on putting in a replacement when he first started planning his comeback.  But I do think that by his test show he had already made a decision...

Edit: I see that MV does not go for the charitable version.   ;)

sydtron

Let's all pray he brings the squeeky BRAAPS chair..

Oh lawdy...   

GravitySucks

Quote from: AlternativeSide on May 04, 2018, 03:22:23 AM
CNN has projected Hoagie to be the next host of Midnight in the Desert...

He can’t make it two nights per week.

Dr Who

I hope not RCH would put me to sleep, having said that they are all conmen.Nick Redfern was on the paracast saying he had never done an interview with Art, yet he was show 43 on MITD.

GravitySucks

Excuse me. Why are y’all talking about Art?  Who’s thread is this???

sydtron

Quote from: mv on May 04, 2018, 03:25:43 AM
With MITD, I think Art simply didn't want to do the show any longer.  I don't even think it was his health, and I think the stalker story was designed to give his exit an "Art Bell flair" while saving face.  He miscalculated the public reaction to the plan.  Heather probably came close to mucking up his exit strategy (and complicating it) when she called the police.  If I'm correct, Art never called the police himself concerning the stalker matter.  Not once.

I think Art loved the attention and anticipation associated with coming back and the buildup toward that, but when it came to actually executing the grind, he would lose interest.  Art was a reeeeally fickle guy.

And if the roumors were to believed. He was going to have a SHIT TON of terrestrial stations on board.  I mean fuck. WTWW was a pretty big win in itself.  Die shortwave!!!

Dr Who

Sorry Heather how dare we remove your meltdown

WOTR

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 04, 2018, 03:29:00 AM
Excuse me. Why are y’all talking about Art?  Who’s thread is this???
Michael Vandeven's.  :)

GravitySucks

Quote from: sydtron on May 04, 2018, 03:29:32 AM

And if the roumors were to believed. He was going to have a SHIT TON of terrestrial stations on board.  I mean fuck. WTWW was a pretty big win in itself.  Die shortwave!!!

It pissed me off when WTWW dropped the show. It was the only way I could listen live up at my property. I think they might have had an issue with Keith’s timing. I heard the owner come on the stream once or twice making snide remarks about not getting some type of start signal.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: sydtron on May 04, 2018, 03:29:32 AM

My understanding is he was two weeks away from a deal with Cumulus that would have immediately placed his show on a couple hundred stations.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: WOTR on May 04, 2018, 03:30:45 AM
Michael Vandeven's.  :)

i hadn't thought about it that way, but you're right.  turbo mode engaged.

why can't you snowflakes just accept Hoagland won !!!

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: AlternativeSide on May 04, 2018, 03:34:50 AM
why can't you snowflakes just accept Hoagland won !!!

hell, half of us promoted that idea.

paladin1991

goodnight you ladies of the night.  This man has to work the acreage tomorrow.  See you on the flip side.

Dr Who

Quote from: WOTR on May 04, 2018, 03:27:02 AM
I think that most of us would say that is the case- and that is the charitable version (that he was too ill and not just bored.)  Yeah- there was a stalker story- but that seems a little weak, at best (again, I actually don't care... He had the right to quit.)

I would think he was a little sicker than he thought and the show took more out of him that he wanted.  A terminal disease and a young child.  Should he spend hours a day working, or spend it with Asia?  I think he made the right decision.

I would say there is very little doubt that that "test run" with Heather was suggestive of his ideas at a very early stage.  I doubt that he planned on putting in a replacement when he first started planning his comeback.  But I do think that by his test show he had already made a decision...

Hells Mole

Quote from: Kolchak on May 04, 2018, 02:38:15 AM
[tweet]992293207588331521[/tweet]

Keith has officially overtaken Heather's wormhole.

I hope he's got some penicillin at the ready.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: WOTR on May 04, 2018, 03:27:02 AM

I was willing to accept he believed he was being stalked.  Recent events and emergence of facts have changed my mind on that.

WOTR

Quote from: Kolchak on May 04, 2018, 02:38:15 AM
https://twitter.com/KeithRowland/status/992293207588331521

Keith has officially overtaken Heather's wormhole.
I wonder if it is worth $5 / month to Lasha to be able to send him vile, hate filled messages directly through the wormhole?