• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Theadora

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 04, 2018, 01:29:29 AM
Wake, bake then shake, Shake, wake then bake, or Wake, shake then bake?

Wake, Coffee, Ginseng, Maui Wowie, & Real Doll!
(Or Mister Kirby vacuum cleaner man, as tastes may be.)

albrecht

Quote from: Theadora on May 04, 2018, 01:22:53 AM
Sometimes it's nice to wake and bake, but generally, that shoots down the day for kissing ass.
I know two people who, contrary to stereotype- even ones I'm, somewhat promoting- are more productive stoned. And not in music or arts but in general stuff, like maintaining their landscape, yards, and ranch. Clearing lots and repairing fences etc. It is crazy. And they OWN the land but like to smoke up and work.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Theadora on May 04, 2018, 01:34:27 AM
Wake, Coffee, Ginseng, Maui Wowie, & Real Doll!
(Or Mister Kirby vacuum cleaner man, as tastes may be.)

I like all those things except the Kirby man. Now a Hoover woman, that's more my speed.  ;)  ;)

paladin1991

Quote from: Asfingererfku on May 03, 2018, 05:48:45 PM
P.S. Hey RITCHIE! You fat mental fuckwad! I'm all up in MV's pearls and closing in. Keep that heartbeat at 60 beats per minute. Sitting still is the only way you can! Also, Pud is going to guantanamo this time, and I'm doing the paperwork to be there when he gets nabbed. I can't wait.

Your friend at large,

Swishy

Ritchie!   The Swish has you dead to rights, boy.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: albrecht on May 04, 2018, 01:37:14 AM
I know two people who, contrary to stereotype- even ones I'm, somewhat promoting- are more productive stoned. And not in music or arts but in general stuff, like maintaining their landscape, yards, and ranch. Clearing lots and repairing fences etc. It is crazy. And they OWN the land but like to smoke up and work.

Yes, a lot of the time I use the migrant Mexican method myself. If you've got a bunch of menial labor to get through why not? Unless you're the kind that just gets too wasted to do anything.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: paladin1991 on May 04, 2018, 01:39:34 AM
Ritchie!   The Swish has you dead to rights, boy.

You mean your alt, phony marine?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Rix Gins on May 04, 2018, 01:03:57 AM
Those half hour shows that Liberace did back in the 1950's are fun to watch too.  I've got a couple dvds that have like thirty shows a piece and they are in black and white but have very high quality video and sound.  They are kind of trippy, like when a tiny woman danced around his hands as he played, and his brother George played a violin and made speech sounds from it because he was like Harpo Marx, never spoke during the show.

Liberace claimed he was the first TV personality to look directly into the camera (the same show you refer to).  I don't know if that's true, but it's an interesting claim to have on your resume.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 04, 2018, 01:10:37 AM
I remember seeing this terrible movie where Liberace actually had 2 female love interests.  Only in the 50's! ;D

He thought he'd fool everyone with Soooonja Henie.

paladin1991

Quote from: PrairieGhost on May 03, 2018, 07:32:58 PM
I have a very short list.

Steve Warner, Howard Hughes and not sucking up but I think MV could do the job very well.

Warner!  Where the fuck is Warner, reading contracts?

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 03, 2018, 11:12:37 PM
Thanks, it's a little meerschaum ram's-head.

Imagine a Hoagland head meerschaum pipe. A finely carved Austrian one.

Theadora

Quote from: albrecht on May 04, 2018, 01:37:14 AM

Grass makes monotonous physical activity, such as exercise, fascinating, while the analgesic effectively makes activity much more comfortable, and even pleasurable, depending upon which strain.  Blue Dream makes my entire body feel relaxed and rubbery, so I can stretch, yet energized and motivated to do Kung-fu.   When it wears off, the CBD seems to degrade first, leaving me feel as if over caffeinated.  It's good to chase it with Blueberry.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Theadora on May 04, 2018, 01:47:38 AM
Grass makes monotonous physical activity, such as exercise, fascinating, while the analgesic effectively makes activity much more comfortable, and even pleasurable, depending upon which strain.  Blue Dream makes my entire body feel relaxed and rubbery, so I can stretch, yet energized and motivated to do Kung-fu.   When it wears off, the CBD seems to degrade first, leaving me feel as if over caffeinated.  It's good to chase it with Blueberry.

See, I don’t get that. With Sativa strains I tend to be a bit hyper, anxious and clumsy. Muscle memory is nowhere near as sharp. I can’t ski half as much in a day as I can not high.

With Indica strains I am lazy. And not just the day I use it but even after. I do enjoy music more. No way I could trust myself doing anything like skiing Or wakeboard.

Both raise my anxiety level. Probably just because I feel self-conscious and out of control. I’ve had a couple of strains that I just threw away because of the anxiety they caused.

I wish they had strain specific edibles to try. I might experiment more. But all the edibles I saw in Colorado and Nevada were just Sativa, Indica or Hybrid.

I know people that just get up and go. It just doesn’t do it for me.

paladin1991

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 03, 2018, 11:36:02 PM
Wow, that's tough.  Only time I really got that wasted was when I drank a bottle of vodka at a houseboat sleepover when I was like 13 or 14.  Passed out and had a hell of a hangover.  I had to get up and play golf the next day too.  I remember the night fairly well because Debbie Harry was guest hosting SNL.

The owners of the boat had cases of alcohol on it so who is going to miss a bottle? lol.  I haven't drunk vodka since.

do you remember how she spoke of a friend 'near and dear?'  that was me.  front row, stage right.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 04, 2018, 02:00:35 AM
I might experiment more. But all the edibles I saw in Colorado and Nevada were just Sativa, Indica or Hybrid.

That's all there is, bro. Hey, it's not for everyone.

paladin1991

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 04, 2018, 12:12:55 AM
Bet you've talked a lot about the Bridgewater triangle.  I'll try to check your show out but I'm usually out on the town Saturday nights working the hotels in Atlantic city.

fixed

zeebo

Quote from: WOTR on May 03, 2018, 11:33:08 PM
I always said that Art did not owe me anything.  I don't really care if there was a mouse or a stalker.  It was all fun and he was free to quit using any excuse he wanted.  The last one was a little difficult because it sure seemed like he planned on quitting and handing over the show.

Regardless, I never felt like a chump.  I felt like somebody glad to have one more chance to hear a legend (albeit, an ageing legend possibly a little past he prime.)  But I also got to enjoy the live chat threads this time around.  Something that I was not a part of in his prime.

All in all, it was still worth the price of admission.  :)

Yeah I didn't feel like a chump at the time, but knowing what I do now I kinda do.  If you go back and check those threads there was an avalanche of support for both comebacks, and really so much of it was well-meaning but wasted effort.  But for those of us who got caught up in it, it was our choice to get so invested, so yeah that's on us.  Alot of it was fun and good times, but still I do think we were played a bit along the way.  It was a wild ride though, and I too enjoyed what shows we got, a few of them became my faves actually, especially with the live chats here.  I think the Alien-in-the-Freezer nite when the caller asked if he kept pizza rolls in there was the most I laughed in ages. 

The whole MITD thing (bringing this back on-topic) is really what left a sour note for me.  So much encouragement and good will behind that launch and then somehow despite all the odds it actually started taking off, only to be scuttled on a whim, and then casually handed off like it was no big deal.  Anyway water under the bridge at this point, and I let that go long ago.  So enough waxing nostalgic, and back to the latest drama.  ;)

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: mv on May 04, 2018, 02:07:36 AM
heh heh, christ.

It was excellent. But "Midnight in the Cuckshed" was your gold record. Eeeeaaaaaagggghhhh heee yaw!

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on May 04, 2018, 02:15:15 AM
It was excellent. But "Midnight in the Cuckshed" was your gold record. Eeeeaaaaaagggghhhh heee yaw!

"Don't Treat Keith This Way" will be "dropping" soon, as the kids say.  So stand by for that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLzbKm56dLI

GravitySucks

Quote from: paladin1991 on May 04, 2018, 02:06:12 AM
do you remember how she spoke of a friend 'near and dear?'  that was me.  front row, stage right.

You went kinda heavy on the Aqua Velva that night too if I remember correctly.

sydtron

Quote from: mv on May 04, 2018, 02:17:33 AM
"Don't Treat Keith This Way" will be "dropping" soon, as the kids say.  So stand by for that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLzbKm56dLI

FUCKING A!!!YES!!!

paladin1991

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 04, 2018, 02:23:36 AM
You went kinda heavy on the Aqua Velva that night too if I remember correctly.

I thought it was like Absinthe or something.  I guess you are not supposed to drink that shit.  Who knew? 

Kolchak

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 04, 2018, 02:08:31 AM
Dude is having way too much fun

https://twitter.com/keithrowland/status/992314534042877952

Bahahaha.

Keith said he wouldn't listen, but he clearly did.

Either way, I love it.

Dr Who

I have always wondered this,do you all remember the second show when redacted co hosted with Art?Does anyone think that Maybe almost before it started Art had decided to bow out? And Heather even at that stage was trying to be introduced as Arts chosen one? Just asking.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Dr Who on May 04, 2018, 02:53:49 AM
I have always wondered this,do you all remember the second show when redacted co hosted with Art?Does anyone think that Maybe almost before it started Art had decided to bow out? And Heather even at that stage was trying to be introduced as Arts chosen one? Just asking.

The second show?  Was that the one where he quit, she took over, and he had to come back on to keep things together?

Dr Who

No MV remember about the second show in the internet wasn't working, Heather was co hosting with Art and she couldn't respond to a political statement because the internet went down?It was talked about on Gabcast back in July 2015.Look my mother always said don't speak ill of the dead,but I'm just asking did Art already know as the show started,it was all too much and wanted a replacement.