• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Rix Gins

Quote from: mv on May 04, 2018, 12:42:40 AM
that's pretty cool.  must have been some time ago, because i think the place was shut down in the early 2000s.  supposedly they've opened it back up or they're going to.

btw... check out behind the candelabra with michael douglas and matt damon.  that's just a great movie.

Those half hour shows that Liberace did back in the 1950's are fun to watch too.  I've got a couple dvds that have like thirty shows a piece and they are in black and white but have very high quality video and sound.  They are kind of trippy, like when a tiny woman danced around his hands as he played, and his brother George played a violin and made speech sounds from it because he was like Harpo Marx, never spoke during the show.

Sean92008

Quote from: mv on May 04, 2018, 12:57:53 AM
post the photo if you still have it (and want to post it).
I'll track the photo down.

Listening to Bruce Williams...  I've heard this episode 6-7 times.

Bluejay

Quote from: The Snorchlax on May 03, 2018, 09:31:09 PM
I heard that the beloved Heather Wade had a little meltdown on air, anyone care to explain?

albrecht

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 04, 2018, 12:51:47 AM
Well, how would you explain me then? I think you're projecting your political beliefs onto a plant that's not in anyway political. How is that even possible?!
I won't presume to know you. I would look at coorelations, not causations of course, between areas, demographics, laws, leftist politics, open borders, 'safe spaces,' anti-freespeech, and ao so. I lived years in the Netherlands, weed (and other, until recently, legal) and the problems were tourists and immigerants. I saw though how too much tolerance was peaceful, until a society was not as much homogeneous.

Had to go back and re-edit one of my posts and when I need to do that then I'm tired.  G'night all. 

Quote from: Rix Gins on May 04, 2018, 01:03:57 AM
Those half hour shows that Liberace did back in the 1950's are fun to watch too.  I've got a couple dvds that have like thirty shows a piece and they are in black and white but have very high quality video and sound.  They are kind of trippy, like when a tiny woman danced around his hands as he played, and his brother George played a violin and made speech sounds from it because he was like Harpo Marx, never spoke during the show.

I remember seeing this terrible movie where Liberace actually had 2 female love interests.  Only in the 50's! ;D

WOTR

Quote from: Rix Gins on May 04, 2018, 12:28:37 AM
You two are pipe connoisseurs and I admire you for that.  Me, I'd buy a simple corncob pipe and a pouch of tobacco from the grocery store and smoke during break times at work.  Just plain tobacco but I swear I'd go back to work feeling a bit high.  That was years ago, but to this day I fondly remember how happy I was to sit there and smoke a pipe for a good ten minutes or so.

Better to just relax like you did.  No fuss, no muss.  I purposely make it difficult for myself (have to set aside an hour or hour and a half to get through the bowl.)  It keeps me from smoking too much.  If I smoked at work I would probably never be able to stop. 

***If your brand of choice had a ton of nicotine I can see it getting you a bit high- but I don't recall Borkum Riff being overly high in vitamin "N".  ;)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 04, 2018, 12:56:45 AM
And I have seen nothing positive, personally speaking, on my end.  I'm not saying it is like that for everybody.  Yet you are trying to say that there is nothing negative at all which is baloney.  Like I said, I don't think you are objective on the subject.  Let's just agree to disagree, ok?

I didn't say there's nothing negative about it. Obviously, schizophrenics, like your brother shouldn't use it. However, if you don't see anything positive about it I'd say that you're just not looking then due to your inherent bias toward it. I think I can factually say that alcohol is WAY more damaging to people's lives and to society in general than weed ever was or will be.

paladin1991

Quote from: DaveScottSOR on May 03, 2018, 04:06:06 PM
Yep, at my time slot's expense.  Guess who doesn't broadcast on UPRN anymore after last night's debacle?  I messaged Joe and told him effective immediately, I'm out.

tough break Joe, but you know dudes.  They always think with the little head. 

Think you might approach Keith for a spot?

Theadora

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 04, 2018, 12:56:45 AM
And I have seen nothing positive, personally speaking, on my end.  I'm not saying it is like that for everybody.  Yet you are trying to say that there is nothing negative at all which is baloney.  Like I said, I don't think you are objective on the subject.  Let's just agree to disagree, ok?

Sometimes it's nice to wake and bake, but generally, that shoots down the day for kissing ass.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: albrecht on May 04, 2018, 01:06:44 AM
I won't presume to know you. I would look at coorelations, not causations of course, between areas, demographics, laws, leftist politics, open borders, 'safe spaces,' anti-freespeech, and ao so. I lived years in the Netherlands, weed (and other, until recently, legal) and the problems were tourists and immigerants. I saw though how too much tolerance was peaceful, until a society was not as much homogeneous.

You're ignoring some pretty important correlations then. Leary, before he went crazy did legit studies showing how the psychedelic experience is entirely dependent upon both set (one's current mindset before taking the drug) and setting (the atmosphere one is immersed in). So, if you tend to see liberal bias in the world your mind will manifest this in your hallucinations...but that doesn't mean the substance has any political bias. Understand?

Quote from: albrecht on May 04, 2018, 01:16:45 AM
I try correct mine for grammar but this late?  So, have they blown up Stone Mountain yet? Our City Council announced in addition to MANY school name changes that a small street really named Robert E. Lee will be renamed after some some obscure Black or Mexican 'educator' (controversy about which!)

Not yet though there are occasional grumblings about it.  If the Democrats ever regain state governance then I wouldn't be surprised if they try something to wipe the carving off.  It should be protected as a work of art which it is. A lot of people would get upset if they tried to get rid of it and not just the usual racists.

albrecht

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 04, 2018, 01:16:54 AM
I didn't say there's nothing negative about it. Obviously, schizophrenics, like your brother shouldn't use it. However, if you don't see anything positive about it I'd say that you're just not looking then due to your inherent bias toward it. I think I can factually say that alcohol is WAY more damaging to people's lives and to society in general than weed ever was or will be.
Ha. Right. But in a fight or war? Some Russian skinhead on vodka and Bennies or some stoned Swede? You think some redneck on Beam and Copenhagen or some skinny-jeaned, hipster on weed and Chomsky?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: albrecht on May 04, 2018, 01:25:09 AM
Ha. Right. But in a fight or war? Some Russian skinhead on vodka and Bennies or some stoned Swede? You think some redneck on Beam and Copenhagen or some skinny-jeaned, hipster on weed and Chomsky?

To everything there is a season. ;)

Theadora

Quote from: albrecht on May 04, 2018, 01:06:44 AM

There's some totally kick ass Indica in Iran, but you have to go to Canada to get a hold of it.

Quote from: Theadora on May 04, 2018, 01:22:53 AM
Sometimes it's nice to wake and bake, but generally, that shoots down the day for kissing ass.

LOL.  Good one.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 04, 2018, 01:23:22 AM
You're ignoring some pretty important correlations then. Leary, before he went crazy did legit studies showing how the psychedelic experience is entirely dependent upon both set (one's current mindset before taking the drug) and setting (the atmosphere one is immersed in). So, if you tend to see liberal bias in the world your mind will manifest this in your hallucinations...but that doesn't mean the substance has any political bias. Understand?

Now you are going with a sample size of 1?

My instincts tell me there are other variables.

Theadora

Quote from: albrecht on May 04, 2018, 01:25:09 AM

Why do you think that heads always said: "Peace, man"?  Bomb Jihadis with that mega dosed THC shit.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 04, 2018, 01:26:36 AM
Now you are going with a sample size of 1?

My instincts tell me there are other variables.

No, have you read his Harvard studies?

paladin1991

Quote from: yoursongs on May 03, 2018, 04:26:32 PM
Urgent message

KR is getting hammered on the main MITD site from FB users.  I don't use fucking FB, but if some of you guys would take a look...

Not sure that anyone is in danger of Keith slitting his wrists over a bunch of shit talking. 

yoursongs

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 04, 2018, 01:10:37 AM
I remember seeing this terrible movie where Liberace actually had 2 female love interests.  Only in the 50's! ;D

Here's a really good set if you're looking for some Liberace discs

https://store5904137.ecwid.com/Liberace-Liberace-Sends-You-Love-1974-Brookville-BR-3000-Album-12-Vinyl-3-LP-Set-p79853811

Rix Gins

Quote from: WOTR on May 04, 2018, 01:14:48 AM
Better to just relax like you did.  No fuss, no muss.  I purposely make it difficult for myself (have to set aside an hour or hour and a half to get through the bowl.)  It keeps me from smoking too much.  If I smoked at work I would probably never be able to stop. 

***If your brand of choice had a ton of nicotine I can see it getting you a bit high- but I don't recall Borkum Riff being overly high in vitamin "N".  ;)

haha, no it probably didn't have much.  I was a sucker for those cheap flavored and sweetened tobaccos.  I'm betting you fellows have some nice, rich mixtures figured out.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Theadora on May 04, 2018, 01:22:53 AM

Wake, bake then shake, Shake, wake then bake, or Wake, shake then bake?

DaveScottSOR

Quote from: paladin1991 on May 04, 2018, 01:20:10 AM
tough break Joe, but you know dudes.  They always think with the little head. 

Think you might approach Keith for a spot?

Never know.  But I know his hire isn't me!

GravitySucks

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 04, 2018, 01:27:25 AM
No, have you read his Harvard studies?

No. I looked for some articles in the early days or the internet concerning Bill Wilson and OSD in the 50’s but don’t remember much of what I found.

https://aaagnostica.org/2015/05/10/bill-wilsons-experience-with-lsd/

paladin1991

Quote from: malliard on May 03, 2018, 04:50:54 PM
Agent? Will they listen to my show? I could really use a new listener
LOL

Doomed

Quote from: Faustina on May 03, 2018, 11:41:43 PM
Coast is having a guest on right now discussing the benefits of CBD oil.
Noory? He probably uses it for a sunscreen.

paladin1991

Quote from: ranger_star on May 03, 2018, 05:23:29 PM
He forgot to mention it's schlong measurements, how many push ups he can do with his schlong..

Fixed