• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

GravitySucks

Quote from: albrecht on May 04, 2018, 12:20:13 AM
I forget the name but there was some guy, not sure if he had a show but maybe a guest on some. Yankee up there, a stone mason or contractor, maybe? With stuff about ancient stone sites and stuff? Native but also Viking and pre/post "settlers" from Europe like Basques maybe?

This one?

http://www.stonehengeusa.com

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Sean92008 on May 04, 2018, 12:21:24 AM
Speaking on the ills of pot use...

My sister was a continuous pot user over 40 years. I wouldn't say daily, but easily twice a week. Now, I cannot scientifically correlate her drug use to what happened last week... But there has got to be an explanation why this happened.

My dad came across one of those pop-ups that said that his computer was infected and to call an 800 number to get it fixed. He tried to reach me but I was at some appointment. About that time, my sister walks in to his computer room and commandeers the machine saying that she will take care of it. She proceeded to call the number give the criminal entity on the other end of the line access to the computer and all of my father's files, including a list of website links, usernames and passwords.

To this day, we don't know how many tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars may be lost.... 

She's apparently genetically related to me so I have no other option than to blame pot.

I think I can clear this confusion up for you. Both intelligent and stupid people smoke pot.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: WhiteCrow on May 03, 2018, 11:04:14 PM
I like keith's voice.. but question if he can BS enough on a live show to keep things interesting.

agreed about keith's voice.  i never found it displeasing.

albrecht

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 04, 2018, 12:15:47 AM

Because maybe the government wants to be able to utilize psychopaths for some reason?
Or others. Why I ask? Are these drugs opening minds? And if, for what purpose?

Quote from: SpookyTim on May 04, 2018, 12:14:49 AM
A ton. And I was lucky enough to be featured in the documentary and the TV special. We also do an annual Bridgewater Triangle Investigation Show, where we send teams out in the field to investigate and call in (and now go on FB Live) from out in the field. Our most downloaded show every year for the past 12 years.

Cool. Are your shows on youtube or a separate archive?   I have to say I watched a documentary about Bridgewater on Amazon a month or so ago and your avatar looks familiar.  Jeff Belanger and Loren Coleman were also in it and some cops that were involved in some murder cases in the late 70's or 80's.  Really cool show.  I bet you've also done your share of shows about  The Conjuring and other cases by the Warrens.  Do you know the Johnsons?  Primarily thinking of Keith.  I read Andrea Perron's series of books about the house.  A lot of that was more fascinating than what was shown in the movie.

K_Dubb

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 04, 2018, 12:21:57 AM
This one?

Oh I remember that one!  Roz was going to visit and take pictures posed on the altar stone dressed as the Egtved girl.

albrecht

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 04, 2018, 12:21:57 AM
This one?

I think so. Thanks. It was interesting. I always liked the theories about ancient travelers.Especially since Viking stuff confirmed.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Sean92008 on May 03, 2018, 11:39:34 PM
I loved Bruce Williams. I still listen to his last show annually, at least.  In the early 90s, driving around Iowa, he was the only sane voice that wasn't Rush or Art. I think he was a Saturday afternoon show at the time.

bruce williams was one of the best.

Rix Gins

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 04, 2018, 12:20:42 AM
Lucky!  Yeah, I have seen enough old pipes to have a general idea of how people treated them back then.  ;)

You two are pipe connoisseurs and I admire you for that.  Me, I'd buy a simple corncob pipe and a pouch of tobacco from the grocery store and smoke during break times at work.  Just plain tobacco but I swear I'd go back to work feeling a bit high.  That was years ago, but to this day I fondly remember how happy I was to sit there and smoke a pipe for a good ten minutes or so.

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 04, 2018, 12:26:09 AM
Oh I remember that one!  Roz was going to visit and take pictures posed on the altar stone dressed as the Egtved girl.
Eariler today I visited a flag store for a 'special order' for some Norskie flags concerning upcoming event. Figured you'd apprecite.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: albrecht on May 04, 2018, 12:23:57 AM
Or others. Why I ask? Are these drugs opening minds? And if, for what purpose?

Psychedelics have the effect of flattening our usually cognitive hierarchy, making almost everything equally interesting to us. Hence, people will often notice fine details they hadn't before or other overlooked things. The sense of novelty is heightened. I'd classify marijuana as a minor psychedelic and LSD and magic mushrooms as major psychedelics.

chefist

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 04, 2018, 12:03:21 AM
Is there any other?  Only time I drink white is when I have a champagne.  Odd because I only like white grapes when I do eat grapes.

Agreed...I cook with white...only drink red..I loathe Champagne...ha

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on May 04, 2018, 12:29:51 AM
Eariler today I visited a flag store for a 'special order' for some Norskie flags concerning upcoming event. Figured you'd apprecite.

Ha yes, good to know the flag will fly in Texas!  I am already praying for cooler weather so as not to sweat through the wool stockings.

Ja, så hvit som det hvite er sneen,
Og det røde har kveldssolen fått,
Og det blå ga sin farve til breen,
Det er Norge i rødt, hvitt og blått!

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 04, 2018, 12:14:37 AM
Then you should at least know how to spot a bogus study. First, if there are only 33 people in it it's about as valid as one of Zeta's phony polls. Next, try to find out who's funding the study and if there's any inherent bias there. In this case, this study is funded by NIDA, who've been at this since they first criminalized it and so yes, much bias. I hope that helps.  :)

May I say you might not be one of the most objective raconteurs on the subject?  You support those studies which support your beliefs. Fine.  I'm not going to change your mind and that is cool.  I will also briefly add that my wife's best friend is a pothead and she was once a very smart and pretty girl.  She's gotten fat, lazy, stupid and can't hold a job now.  All the people she hangs out with who also supply her are the same way.  My personal experience with the drug is negative but smoke it if you got it.   :D ;)

K_Dubb

Quote from: Rix Gins on May 04, 2018, 12:28:37 AM
You two are pipe connoisseurs and I admire you for that.  Me, I'd buy a simple corncob pipe and a pouch of tobacco from the grocery store and smoke during break times at work.  Just plain tobacco but I swear I'd go back to work feeling a bit high.  That was years ago, but to this day I fondly remember how happy I was to sit there and smoke a pipe for a good ten minutes or so.

Yeah you do it the right way, Rix.  The less fuss, the more pleasure.  What was it, Granger?

Sean92008

Quote from: mv on May 04, 2018, 12:37:31 AM
i haven't heard that in a few years.   thx.

MV,
Like the Lee Liberace photo.  One of my kids played his museum at their invite twice.

dsz

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 04, 2018, 12:23:30 AM
I think I can clear this confusion up for you. Both intelligent and stupid people smoke pot.

You can also sedate Heather... if you can find her.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Sean92008 on May 04, 2018, 12:39:55 AM
Like the Lee Liberace photo.  One of my kids played his museum at their invite twice.

that's pretty cool.  must have been some time ago, because i think the place was shut down in the early 2000s.  supposedly they've opened it back up or they're going to.

btw... check out behind the candelabra with michael douglas and matt damon.  that's just a great movie.

Theadora

Quote from: albrecht on May 04, 2018, 12:10:16 AM
True. Coorelation not prove cause. Though one wonders why the gov't programs with same and Hollywood propaganda about 'trying new things' happen around those years? Or that certain drugs associated with illegals, commies, various leftist or racial movements?  Not that conspircacies are real....

The CIA program, MK Ultra found that LSD and Cannabis actually prevent mind control.  Creating even a temporary psychosis in the civilian population of the enemy or enemy troops, might be a useful weaponization of those substances, via over dose, however.  THC has been synthesized to be thousands, perhaps millions of times stronger, by the military.  You wouldn't enjoy it.

albrecht

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 04, 2018, 12:29:53 AM
Psychedelics have the effect of flattening our usually cognitive hierarchy, making almost everything equally interesting to us. Hence, people will often notice fine details they hadn't before or other overlooked things. The sense of novelty is heightened. I'd classify marijuana as a minor psychedelic and LSD and magic mushrooms as major psychedelics.
Yeah I've read it also. Master's "Variety..." , I assume? I have no problem with and should be studied and legal for adults. BUT the agenda is/was leftist and in the way to shift and destroy the culture and by such our country, family-structure, society, etc. And note where stuff is made and laws/ideas there.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 04, 2018, 12:38:42 AM
May I say you might be one of the most objective raconteurs on the subject?  You support those studies which support your beliefs. Fine.  I'm not going to change your mind and that is cool.  I will also briefly add that my wife's best friend is a pothead and she was once a very smart and pretty girl.  She's gotten fat, lazy, stupid and can't hold a job now.  All the people she hangs out with who also supply her are the same way.

You know who else was a daily pot smoker? Hoagie's friend, Carl Sagan. I can also sight you a long list of highly productive "drug addicts," chief among them some of your favorite artists and musicians.

No, I'm not talking about beliefs now. If I really saw evidence of serious damage to people I would, of course want to warn people of that...but I just haven't seen any...and what I do see are always these same old tired attempts to demonize it because of some inherent bias, be it moral or financial. Trust me, if I ever do see a valid study about it's serious detriments to mankind I'll let you know. ;)

Theadora

Quote from: albrecht on May 04, 2018, 12:46:20 AM
Yeah I've read it also. Master's "Variety..." , I assume? I have no problem with and should be studied and legal for adults. BUT the agenda is/was leftist and in the way to shift and destroy the culture and by such our country, family-structure, society, etc. And note where stuff is made and laws/ideas there.

The Flower movement degenerated with the use of Cocaine.  Disco use in the '70s, destroyed careers, marriages, families, and lives.  Coke is much different that Acid and Grass.  Psychedelics aren't gateway substances either, incidentally; prohibition is.  When the dealer is out of Weed, he pushes Crack, or Meth.

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 04, 2018, 12:38:24 AM
Ha yes, good to know the flag will fly in Texas!  I am already praying for cooler weather so as not to sweat through the wool stockings.

Ja, så hvit som det hvite er sneen,
Og det røde har kveldssolen fått,
Og det blå ga sin farve til breen,
Det er Norge i rødt, hvitt og blått!
Ha. It already brutal humid, not hot yet, here but also added benefit is that neighbors n people think flag is Dixie. (And then if complain or praise I can say even more pure. Kidding, of course.)

Rix Gins

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 04, 2018, 12:39:35 AM
Yeah you do it the right way, Rix.  Less fuss, more enjoyment.  What was it, Granger?

I think it was called Madeira Gold and I vaguely recall that the packaging was indeed, gold.  I would occasionally smoke a rum flavored Borkum Riff.  This was back in the seventies because I remember the boys talking about a new movie out at the time, called Jaws.

Speaking of Granger, I bought an antique Granger pipe tobacco tin and had planned to put some actual Granger tobacco in it but I couldn't find it anywhere.  I guess they don't make the stuff anymore.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: albrecht on May 04, 2018, 12:46:20 AM

Well, how would you explain me then? I think you're projecting your political beliefs onto a plant that's not in anyway political. How is that even possible?!

Sean92008

Quote from: mv on May 04, 2018, 12:42:40 AM
that's pretty cool.  must have been some time ago, because i think the place was shut down in the early 2000s.  supposedly they've opened it back up or they're going to.

btw... check out behind the candelabra with michael douglas and matt damon.  that's just a great movie.

I think it closed after 2008.  My kid played in 2006.  We sent a photo to Noory because we saw Liberace's face in the mirrors...  Optical illusion.

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 04, 2018, 12:49:09 AM
You know who else was a daily pot smoker? Hoagie's friend, Carl Sagan. I can also sight you a long list of highly productive "drug addicts," chief among them some of your favorite artists and musicians.

No, I'm not talking about beliefs now. If I really saw evidence of serious damage to people I would, of course want to warn people of that...but I just haven't seen any...and what I do see are always these same old tired attempts to demonize it because of some inherent bias, be it moral or financial. Trust me, if I ever do see a valid study about it's serious detriments to mankind I'll let you know. ;)

And I have seen nothing positive, personally speaking, on my end.  I'm not saying it is like that for everybody.  Yet you are trying to say that there is nothing negative at all which is baloney.  Like I said, I don't think you are objective on the subject.  Let's just agree to disagree, ok?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Sean92008 on May 04, 2018, 12:55:44 AM
I think it closed after 2008.  My kid played in 2006.  We sent a photo to Noory because we saw Liberace's face in the mirrors...  Optical illusion.

post the photo if you still have it (and want to post it).