• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

chefist

Quote from: Rocketeer on May 03, 2018, 11:49:24 PM
Oh, please.  Drink your fill; be Lucullan in your vices!   

I meant only to draw attention to your ill-carpentered backpedaling -- from the Calvinistically iron stance of, "I'm not a fan of marijuana but if people want to fry their brain, go for it" (emphasis mine), to, "Our experiences shape who we are.  . . . enjoy your substance of choice!" (all the negative sting neatly removed).  You went from cruel to nice out of convenience.  These are objectively slippery vacillations and I find it very meaningful to see them issued by a declared non-progressive. 

That's all.

Pass the 19 Crimes.

Now red wine...oh my...There really is a God!

Dateline

I think the new host will be a relatively unknown or someone from the network.

WOTR

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 03, 2018, 11:47:07 PM
Ha it came with a colored wax on it -- cheating, I know.  But there was no way I was going to do the glove thing.
It looks cool... Wax or not. I suppose the peterson may never get colour (I also refuse to bother with gloves.)  That said, I have an awesome vintage Kaywoodie that is coloured great.  I doubt that anybody in the 30's wore gloves- so I don't know if I buy the idea anyhow. :)

SpookyTim

Quote from: WOTR on May 03, 2018, 11:56:30 PM
I'll admit that I'm impressed.  This place usually chews up and spits out radio hosts... Yet you seem to fit in well.  Be forewarned that we are only "vaguely lovable."

That said, I am going to have to make a point to catch your show.  Your posting style shows promise (and intelligence) and I hold out some hope...  I should, however, ask in advance if your apartment is uncomfortably hot, if you suffer indigestion,  are allergic to spider bites, or if your internet connection particularly poor?  Please understand that I only ask because we have all learned that podcast host is one of the most dangerous occupations out there...

We do the show over terrestrial radio as well as the internet, in an actual studio. I definitely "talk radio" haha.

Sean92008

Quote from: yoursongs on May 03, 2018, 11:54:40 PM
What part of Iowa, if you remember?
I lived in West Des Moines. Ashworth &19th 50125 (if I remember that, something is wrong with my brain).

albrecht

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 03, 2018, 11:55:11 PM
Yeah. It was pretty messed up. I wasn’t even a drinker at the time. It had probably been a year because I had gotten custody of my son. But he and I would always do a jigger of Wild Turkey 101 before we went out for the night. So I went and sat at a neighborhood bar and shut it down. I don’t remember the next week. I was supposed to fly to Pittsburgh. I haven’t been able to speak to his family about it and it has been 30 years.

I don’t hold her responsible for not making the funeral. She will regret it one day like I did. I hope she can get past that. I do hold her responsible for the crap since then.

I am glad that social media did not exist back when I drank. Although I did end up with some strange long distance phone bills.
The odd thing is "not being drinker" is not actually odd, the "pros" have fail-safes, supply, flasks, etc. And can "show up" but sometimes thats worse. Sometimes do real work etc until bad shit. Knew a lawyer lobbyist who was fine all the time. But a friend who worked with him said he spilled a yuuuge bloody, mainly vodka, one monring near end of session all over papers.  I once at a wedding where someone was an usher, due to 'he needs a role so ok he can park cars' and he was late, drunk, and a funny, now, a scene cause a Baptist wedding also.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 03, 2018, 11:55:06 PM
It helped make my brother schizoid.

I understand that this is your belief but it's scientifically unfounded. Psychedelics can certainly trigger symptoms in people who already are schizo but it can't cause it in people who aren't. Schizophrenics are born that way but usually don't manifest symptomatic evidence of it until their late teens/early 20s.

Quote from: chefist on May 03, 2018, 11:58:41 PM
Now red wine...oh my...There really is a God!

Is there any other?  Only time I drink white is when I have a champagne.  Odd because I only like white grapes when I do eat grapes.

Dyna-X

Quote from: Dateline on May 04, 2018, 12:00:04 AM
I think the new host will be a relatively unknown or someone from the network.
That might be the wisest move. Less baggage and cheaper salary. Solaris Blue Raven already uses Wanna Go For a Ride? as a tagline.

Sean92008

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 03, 2018, 11:44:28 PM
Since they claim CBD oil cures just about everything, when you take it, how does it know which order to fix things?
Topically.  Tinnitus is innermost ear but why not a drop in your ear canal???

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Sean92008 on May 04, 2018, 12:04:55 AM
Topically.  Tinnitus is innermost ear but why not a drop in your ear canal???

It's worth a shot.

Sean92008

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 04, 2018, 12:02:52 AM
I understand that this is your belief but it's scientifically unfounded. Psychedelics can certainly trigger symptoms in people who already are schizo but it can't cause it in people who aren't. Schizophrenics are born that way but usually don't manifest symptomatic evidence of it until their late teens/early 20s.
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1878929315000699

WOTR

Quote from: SpookyTim on May 04, 2018, 12:01:47 AM
We do the show over terrestrial radio as well as the internet, in an actual studio. I definitely "talk radio" haha.
That shows even more promise.  Hell- even Noorie has made it in every night without facing danger (save the infamous hot pizza roll.) You said it is Saturday nights?

If you have never seen the bellgabber animation of the pizza roll story, you owe it to yourself.  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1914eEHOZPw

***You are correct.  Best to stay on their good side.  :-\  Also, I had not noticed the picture of Hoagie above the sink- the clocks at 11:11.  All kinds of nice details.

SpookyTim

Quote from: WOTR on May 04, 2018, 12:06:13 AM
That shows even more promise.  Hell- even Noorie has made it in every night without facing danger (save the infamous hot pizza roll.) You said it is Saturday nights?

If you have never seen the bellgabber animation of the pizza roll story, you owe it to yourself.  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1914eEHOZPw

***You are correct.  Best to stay on their good side.  :-\

I watch this video at least once a month.

"I Want to Beleef" gets me every time.

I understand that this is your belief but it's scientifically unfounded. Psychedelics can certainly trigger symptoms in people who already are schizo but it can't cause it in people who aren't. Schizophrenics are born that way but usually don't manifest symptomatic evidence of it until their late teens eRly 20s.

I know you say that but I have heard of studies that support my views.  How do you think I developed them?  Of course I can't quote them because I only heard about them.  I haven't read them or if I did it was a long time ago.  Let's just disagree and let it go.  I don't want to belabor the point.

SpookyTim

And yes, Saturday nights 10-midnight EST. Also on DMDN Tuesday nights.

But there are hundreds of shows here, too:

http://www.youtube.com/spookysouthcoast

albrecht

True. Coorelation not prove cause. Though one wonders why the gov't programs with same and Hollywood propaganda about 'trying new things' happen around those years? Or that certain drugs associated with illegals, commies, various leftist or racial movements?  Not that conspircacies are real....

Quote from: SpookyTim on May 04, 2018, 12:09:34 AM

Bet you've talked a lot about the Bridgewater triangle.  I'll try to check your show out but I'm usually out on the town Saturday nights.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 04, 2018, 12:08:22 AM
I know you say that but I have heard of studies that support my views.  How do you think I developed them?  Of course I can't quote them because I only heard about them.  I haven't read them or if I did it was a long time ago.  Let's just disagree and let it go.  I don't want to belabor the point.

Then you should at least know how to spot a bogus study. First, if there are only 33 people in it it's about as valid as one of Zeta's phony polls. Next, try to find out who's funding the study and if there's any inherent bias there. In this case, this study is funded by NIDA, who've been at this since they first criminalized it and so yes, much bias. I hope that helps.  :)

SpookyTim

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 04, 2018, 12:12:55 AM
Bet you've talked a lot about the Bridgewater triangle.

A ton. And I was lucky enough to be featured in the documentary and the TV special. We also do an annual Bridgewater Triangle Investigation Show, where we send teams out in the field to investigate and call in (and now go on FB Live) from out in the field. Our most downloaded show every year for the past 12 years.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: albrecht on May 04, 2018, 12:10:16 AM
True. Coorelation not prove cause. Though one wonders why the gov't programs with same and Hollywood propaganda about 'trying new things' happen around those years? Or that certain drugs associated with illegals, commies, various leftist or racial movements?  Not that conspircacies are real....

Because maybe the government wants to be able to utilize psychopaths for some reason?

dsz

Quote from: Dyna-X on May 04, 2018, 12:03:39 AM
That might be the wisest move. Less baggage and cheaper salary. Solaris Blue Raven already uses Wanna Go For a Ride? as a tagline.

So there's not a Heather's chance in hell it's Punnett? Too expensive. Though I thought preachers were charitable. And maybe if the tinnitus...

DaveScottSOR

Quote from: SpookyTim on May 04, 2018, 12:09:34 AM

I wouldn't trust SpookyTim.  He trimmed up his beard for no reason.  His beard was like Sampson.  Then he cut it and lost his radio power.  Sounds like Fran Drescher on the air now. 

albrecht

Quote from: SpookyTim on May 04, 2018, 12:14:49 AM
A ton. And I was lucky enough to be featured in the documentary and the TV special. We also do an annual Bridgewater Triangle Investigation Show, where we send teams out in the field to investigate and call in (and now go on FB Live) from out in the field. Our most downloaded show every year for the past 12 years.
I forget the name but there was some guy, not sure if he had a show but maybe a guest on some. Yankee up there, a stone mason or contractor, maybe? With stuff about ancient stone sites and stuff? Native but also Viking and pre/post "settlers" from Europe like Basques maybe?

GravitySucks

Quote from: SpookyTim on May 04, 2018, 12:14:49 AM

When I was stationed in Plattsburgh NY the FB-111 pilots used to talk about a Vermont Triangle or New England Triangle. Is that the same thing?

Faustina

Quote from: WOTR on May 03, 2018, 11:56:30 PM
I'll admit that I'm impressed.  This place usually chews up and spits out radio hosts... Yet you seem to fit in well.  Be forewarned that we are only "vaguely lovable."

That said, I am going to have to make a point to catch your show.  Your posting style shows promise (and intelligence) and I hold out some hope...  I should, however, ask in advance if your apartment is uncomfortably hot, if you suffer indigestion,  are allergic to spider bites, or if your internet connection particularly poor?  Please understand that I only ask because we have all learned that podcast host is one of the most dangerous occupations out there...

Haha!  Reminds me of when Amy couldn't do her show coz she'd just had toe surgery.  Up until then, I'd never realized 10 fully healthy toes were necessary to broadcasting a radio show. 

K_Dubb

Quote from: WOTR on May 04, 2018, 12:01:24 AM
It looks cool... Wax or not. I suppose the peterson may never get colour (I also refuse to bother with gloves.)  That said, I have an awesome vintage Kaywoodie that is coloured great.  I doubt that anybody in the 30's wore gloves- so I don't know if I buy the idea anyhow. :)

Lucky!  Yeah, I have seen enough old pipes to have a general idea of how people treated them back then.  ;)