• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

trostol

Quote from: norland2424 on December 29, 2015, 08:48:23 PM

Tue Dec 29 â€" Dr. Pamela Menges â€" When Climate Change & Nuclear Weapons Meet
Posted on December 29, 2015 in Guests | 785 Views | Leave a response

Dr. P. A. Menges is a mathematician, aerospace engineer and physicist with twenty years of experience in research, corporate operations and technology development. She is recognized for developing a new class of functional structures and non-photonic quantum computers with applications to spacecraft, morphing wing aircraft, adaptive wind turbines, propulsion, power storage and neuromorphic networks. Dr. Menges has been a consultant to defense contractors as well as a variety of small to medium high-tech companies. She has seven US and Foreign patents for renewable energy, power storage, IoT, and intelligent materials.

Dr. Menges is an author currently completing a space systems book for Springer and a science and technology policy book, Sometimes it Takes a Rocket Scientist Volume 1. Dr. Menges is a Fellow of the NASA Institute of Advanced Concepts (NIAC), a recipient of the Los Alamos Award, IWBC Senior Science Fellow, and senior development advisor for ALI Ohio. She is a senior member of the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA) and is a member of the American Physical Society, ASM International, and the American Polar Society. She is active in science and human rights and is a volunteer for American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) On-Call Scientists. Dr. Menges has a FAA Commercial pilot license and is an experienced test pilot and flight test engineer.

seems liek a very weird...combo lol

The Kraken

Quote from: Stardust Ancestor on December 29, 2015, 04:32:57 PM
Did Heather ever challenge the guest last night? I stopped listening about an hour in.
I don't know I was listening but not really paying attention.

Quote from: trostol on December 29, 2015, 04:35:29 PM
tonight might be interesting..but i am not...sure...it seems..a strange mish mash of a topic
I don't know. This is one of those shows I might not even listen to if Art was still hosting.

SciFiAuthor

Dr. P. A. Menges is a mathematician, aerospace engineer and physicist with twenty years of experience in research, corporate operations and technology development. She is recognized for developing a new class of functional structures and non-photonic quantum computers with applications to spacecraft, morphing wing aircraft, adaptive wind turbines, propulsion, power storage and neuromorphic networks. Dr. Menges has been a consultant to defense contractors as well as a variety of small to medium high-tech companies. She has seven US and Foreign patents for renewable energy, power storage, IoT, and intelligent materials.

Dr. Menges is an author currently completing a space systems book for Springer and a science and technology policy book, Sometimes it Takes a Rocket Scientist Volume 1. Dr. Menges is a Fellow of the NASA Institute of Advanced Concepts (NIAC), a recipient of the Los Alamos Award, IWBC Senior Science Fellow, and senior development advisor for ALI Ohio. She is a senior member of the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA) and is a member of the American Physical Society, ASM International, and the American Polar Society. She is active in science and human rights and is a volunteer for American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) On-Call Scientists. Dr. Menges has a FAA Commercial pilot license and is an experienced test pilot and flight test engineer.

Wow, I'm looking forward to this one.

GravitySucks

Quote from: phrodo on December 29, 2015, 08:45:10 PM
Does anyone remember the good ole days back when we had an individual show thread each night for MiTD? Y'know -- way back before MV had a baby and got too busy to deal with his site?

Sure would be nice to have a concise, focused thread for each show -- instead of having to wade (pun intended) thru reams of drivel to separate the wheat from the chaff.  Seems MV has abandoned his friend and former Gabcast co-host.  ???

MV discussed this on one of the last two GabCasts and made the decree that this is how it shall be.

Praise MV!

Ciardelo

Quote from: TigerLily on December 29, 2015, 08:56:38 PM
"When Climate Change & Nuclear Weapons Meet"  If one doesn't scare you the other one should
Should be interesting :) At least there won't be any over-sold hubrids  ;)

Woks Wong

Sounds interesting.  The quantum computer part makes no sense, unless she is involved with d-wave in Burnaby, BC. Nonetheless, interesting test for host; not pack rat weirdo tonight.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Robert on December 29, 2015, 11:02:03 AM
Arbitron used to survey me re my station listening habits via diaries, and separately via phone re music pieces I may have heard played.  I recall these answer choices:

1. Haven't heard that one.
2. Heard that one, like it.
3. Heard that one, dislike it.
4. Heard that one, tired of it.

For me & probably many other listeners, UFO discussions are now in category #4.  I could stand to hear about the subject again if it weren't the same old thing, or if it were a long time & I needed a refresher, but I'm not in the "can listen for hours" category as concerns lights in the sky.  I got saturated with that many years ago & hoped the discussion would move beyond lights in the sky.  It has moved beyond it, so going back over acc'ts of old observ'ns is boring.  I wouldn't mind a news piece about a new sighting read or recapitulated by the m.c. or delivered by an expert or non-expert reporter if it takes a few mins., but not as the main subject of a show.

In fact to me now UFOlology, i.e. the study of UFOlogists, the meta-subject, is slightly more interesting than is the study of UFOs itself.  John Keel wrote a pamphlet on this subject.  I say "slightly", not a lot more interesting, but if UFOs are to be discussed, the meta-subject is now likely to be more interesting than the direct subject.

IF one was going to study/rate ufologists, a suggusted rating system analogous to that shown above might be:

1) Delusional/wackjob
2) Scam artist/con man
3) Honest and tries hard, but...
4) The real deal

phrodo

Quote from: SredniVashtar on December 29, 2015, 08:52:00 PM
Are you going to a fancy dress New Year's Party this year? Let me guess, you are going as a fucking moron and thought you'd try the costume out here first? No, of course not, nobody would invite such a miserable slab of shit like you to anything.

As hopeless pricks like you never tire of informing us, this is called 'BellGab', not 'RookieGab'. She doesn't deserve a new thread each time, just as Hoagland only has one long thread too. They haven't earned it.

Sorry if that's too complicated for you. God, every time I think you can't get much dumber, you manage to outdo yourself as the biggest fucking chimptard out there.

Oh loooook -- it's my own personal limey fag-hag troll stalking me again. I know you think I should be flattered.. but you repulse me with your feign intellectual loser-country accented drivel. How many paper cuts have you suffered whilst frantically thumbing through your dog-eared thesaurus looking for antonyms for your banal spew?

Just fuck off and go troll the local glory hole. And take your mop to clean up what you can't swallow. *but doubt that's much*  ;D

whytide

Quote from: Uncle Duke on December 29, 2015, 09:14:00 PM
IF one was going to study/rate ufologists, a suggusted rating system analogous to that shown above might be:

1) Delusional/wackjob
2) Scam artist/con man
3) Honest and tries hard, but...
4) The real deal

Last night's guest: (3) ?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: phrodo on December 29, 2015, 08:45:10 PM
Does anyone remember the good ole days back when we had an individual show thread each night for MiTD? Y'know -- way back before MV had a baby and got too busy to deal with his site?

Sure would be nice to have a concise, focused thread for each show -- instead of having to wade (pun intended) thru reams of drivel to separate the wheat from the chaff.  Seems MV has abandoned his friend and former Gabcast co-host.  ???

You should start a concise, focused thread for all of your grievances.

TigerLily

Quote from: trostol on December 29, 2015, 09:20:48 PM
we shall have to see
We already have a quorum for tonight, it seems. Don't know about the rest of you but I'm hiding out from the Art Bell thread. Ironies of ironies

GravitySucks

Quote from: TigerLily on December 29, 2015, 09:24:31 PM
We already have a quorum for tonight, it seems. Don't know about the rest of you but I'm hiding out from the Art Bell thread. Ironies of ironies

If you get scared tonight, you can sit next to me. I ain't afraid of no nukes.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: phrodo on December 29, 2015, 09:14:15 PM
Oh loooook -- it's my own personal limey fag-hag troll stalking me again. I know you think I should be flattered.. but you repulse me with your feign intellectual loser-country accented drivel. How many paper cuts have you suffered whilst frantically thumbing through your dog-eared thesaurus looking for antonyms for your banal spew?

Just fuck off and go troll the local glory hole. And take your mop to clean up what you can't swallow. *but doubt that's much*  ;D

Oh, a gay slur! Darling, that sort of stuff probably worked back in the 'fifties, but these days you just come across as the closeted old queen you so obviously are. You're slipping, I'd normally expect some lame stuff about teeth as well. Don't try and pretend you know what a thesaurus is - you probably think it came out of Jurassic Park.

TigerLily

Oh. Hi MV. Been meaning to ask since you were on Bellphiles. Can I praise you as the Creator instead of just plain ole MV?

trostol

Quote from: TigerLily on December 29, 2015, 09:27:44 PM
Oh. Hi MV. Been meaning to ask since you were on Bellphiles. Can I praise as the Creator instead of just plain ole MV?

yay..hottie avatar is back!!! but please dont let it linger past the 1st lol

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: TigerLily on December 29, 2015, 09:27:44 PM
Oh. Hi MV. Been meaning to ask since you were on Bellphiles. Can I praise you as the Creator instead of just plain ole MV?

"The Creator" is fine, but I really would encourage you to consider "His Holiness."

Praise MV.

phrodo

Quote from: SredniVashtar on December 29, 2015, 09:26:44 PM
Oh, a gay slur! Darling, that sort of stuff probably worked back in the 'fifties, but these days you just come across as the closeted old queen you so obviously are. You're slipping, I'd normally expect some lame stuff about teeth as well. Don't try and pretend you know what a thesaurus is - you probably think it came out of Jurassic Park.

Quit thinking about me bitch. I know it's hard .. since you obviously drool over my every post.

EDIT -- oh and unlike you I don't revisit old worn out insults ... so no further comments about your teeth.  :P

SredniVashtar

Quote from: phrodo on December 29, 2015, 09:29:40 PM
Quit thinking about me bitch. I know it's hard .. since you obviously drool over my every post.

You need to insert a comma before the 'bitch', otherwise you give the impression of being some sort of illiterate rube.

I mean, what a mistake to make!  :-\

TigerLily

Quote from: MV on December 29, 2015, 09:29:24 PM
"The Creator" is fine, but I really would encourage you to consider "His Holiness."

Praise MV.
Praise His Holiness the Creator

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: trostol on December 29, 2015, 09:28:33 PM

Wait, are you one of those people that gets all pissy if the Christmas tree stays up in January?

phrodo

Quote from: SredniVashtar on December 29, 2015, 09:31:05 PM
You need to insert a comma before the 'bitch', otherwise you give the impression of being some sort of illiterate rube.

I mean, what a mistake to make!  :-\

Unlike you -- I know when and where to use a 'comma splice'. But thanks for playing.  ;)

TigerLily

Quote from: GravitySucks on December 29, 2015, 09:26:35 PM
If you get scared tonight, you can sit next to me. I ain't afraid of no nukes.
Thanks for the offer to snuggle. Not scared yet but am a little chilly in this outfit

ItsOver

Quote from: GravitySucks on December 29, 2015, 09:02:24 PM
MV discussed this on one of the last two GabCasts and made the decree that this is how it shall be.

Praise MV!
So as it has been decreed, so shall it be.  Praise MV.  May he post often and prosper.

TigerLily

Quote from: trostol on December 29, 2015, 09:28:33 PM
Thought you needed a little extra holiday cheer

phrodo

Quote from: MV on December 29, 2015, 09:22:03 PM
You should start a concise, focused thread for all of your grievances.

Nah .. that would take the fun out of you trying to track down my numerous concerns with how you run your circus. Not my monkeys either dude.  :P

trostol

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on December 29, 2015, 09:32:48 PM
Wait, are you one of those people that gets all pissy if the Christmas tree stays up in January?

dont have a tree..and i i did it would be a cthulhu tree and also if i did it would be down by now lol

GravitySucks

Quote from: TigerLily on December 29, 2015, 09:33:22 PM
Thanks for the offer to snuggle. Not scared yet but am a little chilly in this outfit

OK darlin. I have a nice little blanket I can share. I think there's room.

trostol

Quote from: TigerLily on December 29, 2015, 09:34:37 PM
Thought you needed a little extra holiday cheer

contrary to what others have told you..it was nothing lacking in holiday cheer..i just got tired of ego's and lame jokes