• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Coffeeman

Quote from: Chronaut on December 29, 2015, 01:50:24 AM
You're right.  I bet she'll start warming into a tougher questioning style as her comfort level sets in. 

More comfortable than she is now? When she first started her mood was she was hitting the bong just before the show. I'd say she could be a tad more serious.

Quote from: Chronaut on December 29, 2015, 01:50:24 AM
She's not into the sciences like Art has always been, so I think she may be a little skittish about interviewing scientists.  But she doesn't need to be - it's okay to just pick their brains and have some fun learning new stuff.  Once she has a couple on the show I bet she'll realize that she was worried for nothing:  scientists love to play the friendly educator role.

Hell, she can barely handle the shit idiots she gets now. This guy tonight isn't too bad, but that last live show was horrendous. I mean, she can't even play on easy mode with these guys, what happens when she get's somebody worthwhile?

Quote from: TigerLily on December 29, 2015, 01:43:49 AM
I'm still hoping for Art's return....next week

i don't know now after his  post tonight  it doesn't look good  he seems really upset  but i hope he does come back !

paladin1991

I'm glad that Heather sounds so upbeat at the end of the show.  Good girl.

TigerLily

Quote from: Showroom Dummy on December 29, 2015, 01:56:29 AM

i don't know now after his  post tonight  it doesn't look good  he seems really upset  but i hope he does come back !
I hear ya

paladin1991

Quote from: Showroom Dummy on December 29, 2015, 01:56:29 AM

Whatever, man.  Let ART handle his business.

trostol

dunno...still not buying into her as host..but then i wasnt enjoying Art too much either

Coffeeman

Ah well, that shitshow is over with, now on to OSOM.

K_Dubb

I liked it but I think I'm in the minority in liking UFO stuff.  Just keep talking about lights in the sky, I can listen for hours.

Chronaut

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on December 29, 2015, 01:52:17 AM
Well said, yup.

I wish I could recommend someone of Dr. David Darling's caliber to her.  But scientists with his level of intellect, wisdom and charm are so damn rare.  If you can think of anyone like that, I'm sure she'd be glad to hear it.

Has Stanton Friedman been on lately?  He's like a big fun witty grandpa scientist - just the kind of guy to help her cut her teeth on the scientific side of ufology and military research topics.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Chronaut on December 29, 2015, 02:04:49 AM
I wish I could recommend someone of Dr. David Darling's caliber to her.  But scientists with his level of intellect, wisdom and charm are so damn rare.  If you can think of anyone like that, I'm sure she'd be glad to hear it.

Has Stanton Friedman been on lately?  He's like a big fun witty grandpa scientist - just the kind of guy to help her cut her teeth on the scientific side of ufology and military research topics.

I can come up with tons, the problem is that I don't want Noory reading the list.

Auslandia

Quote from: Chronaut on December 29, 2015, 02:04:49 AM

Yeah uncle Stanton "debated" some flat earther burnout.

trostol

Quote from: Auslandia on December 29, 2015, 03:40:02 AM

and it wasnt good lol

Lilith

Quote from: Woks Wong on December 29, 2015, 12:42:32 AM
I tell truth:  Heather hears guest, guest is full of shit, Heather thinks guest is full of shit, audience thinks guest is full of shit, Heather doubts herself and says nothing.  Guests of late make no sense.  Call them on it...

Just finished listening to weepway.  I agwee.  I'm moving on to Hoagies weepway now.

Gruntled

Quote from: Woks Wong on December 29, 2015, 12:50:50 AM
No, I doctor, I kill no one, except once when by accident when I forgot to change the medicine.
;D ;D ;D

whytide

From what I heard yesterday, I do think Heather is improving.

marialindell

Heather is OK but I really miss AB.  He has to come back.

Robert

Quote from: K_Dubb on December 29, 2015, 02:01:08 AMI liked it but I think I'm in the minority in liking UFO stuff.  Just keep talking about lights in the sky, I can listen for hours.
Arbitron used to survey me re my station listening habits via diaries, and separately via phone re music pieces I may have heard played.  I recall these answer choices:

1. Haven't heard that one.
2. Heard that one, like it.
3. Heard that one, dislike it.
4. Heard that one, tired of it.

For me & probably many other listeners, UFO discussions are now in category #4.  I could stand to hear about the subject again if it weren't the same old thing, or if it were a long time & I needed a refresher, but I'm not in the "can listen for hours" category as concerns lights in the sky.  I got saturated with that many years ago & hoped the discussion would move beyond lights in the sky.  It has moved beyond it, so going back over acc'ts of old observ'ns is boring.  I wouldn't mind a news piece about a new sighting read or recapitulated by the m.c. or delivered by an expert or non-expert reporter if it takes a few mins., but not as the main subject of a show.

In fact to me now UFOlology, i.e. the study of UFOlogists, the meta-subject, is slightly more interesting than is the study of UFOs itself.  John Keel wrote a pamphlet on this subject.  I say "slightly", not a lot more interesting, but if UFOs are to be discussed, the meta-subject is now likely to be more interesting than the direct subject.

whytide

Quote from: Robert on December 29, 2015, 11:02:03 AM
the study of UFOlogists, the meta-subject, is slightly more interesting than is the study of UFOs itself.

Interesting idea for a show. I'd listen (if done well).

Chronaut

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on December 29, 2015, 02:10:29 AM
I can come up with tons, the problem is that I don't want Noory reading the list.

You can always send her a PM here; I've sent her a few suggestions along with contact info (email address, and phone # when possible) and she seemed to be pleased to receive them.

Quote from: Auslandia on December 29, 2015, 03:40:02 AM

Actually Stanton debated with Moon landing hoax guy on Aug 4th, and Dr. Josh Grindlay the Harvard astronomy professor got stuck with the anonymous Flat Earther on Aug 5th .

Stanton really deserves a better show - he's got an arsenal of smart and funny rebuttals to ET hypothesis skeptics.  Dr. Grindlay was also an infinitely patient wealth of knowledge and he deserves a whole show, especially after sacrificing his time to rebut a hysterical dolt.

I was a little baffled by both of those shows.  I guess I can understand making an effort to educate the startling number of Americans who buy into that kind of rubbish, but I'm not into the idea that all opinions are created equal.  Re-hashing the rational for rejecting really dumb ideas isn't a very helpful use of time for people who can think clearly, and people who can't are never convinced by facts and logic anyway.

Robert

Quote from: whytide on December 29, 2015, 11:31:57 AMInteresting idea for a show. I'd listen (if done well).
If you want to add another layer of meta-ness, read Saucer Smear.  Then you can study the UFOlogists (& others) who attack UFOlogists.  Its archives are online IIRC.

Chronaut

Quote from: Robert on December 29, 2015, 11:02:03 AM
I could stand to hear about the subject again if it weren't the same old thing, or if it were a long time & I needed a refresher, but I'm not in the "can listen for hours" category as concerns lights in the sky.  I got saturated with that many years ago & hoped the discussion would move beyond lights in the sky.

That's exactly why I love Peter Davenport's idea about building a public network of passive radar operators who can feed their data to a mainframe that generates an online real-time map of air traffic over the US.  That's the only way I can see that we'll get the hard evidence we need to garner real scientific interest.  The antennas are cheap and easy to make, and enthusiasts like me could afford to set up a little array on the roof.  So all we really need is the software, and we might be able to crowd-fund that part to hire a software engineer to write the program.  As the system grew, we'd get better and better coverage and data.  And not only can you track movement, passive radar can even determine the size and shape of an object.  With an adequate system we could generate a 3D model and record the exact speed, accelerations, and positions of any object in our airspace.  We might even be able to highlight any airplane on the map that turns off its transponder, or deviates significantly from its standard flight path, and alert people with a smartphone app if some object was in their vicinity making course changes impossible by known modern aircraft capabilities, or if a meteor was heading their way.

Element 115

Did Heather ever challenge the guest last night? I stopped listening about an hour in.

trostol

tonight might be interesting..but i am not...sure...it seems..a strange mish mash of a topic

phrodo

Does anyone remember the good ole days back when we had an individual show thread each night for MiTD? Y'know -- way back before MV had a baby and got too busy to deal with his site?

Sure would be nice to have a concise, focused thread for each show -- instead of having to wade (pun intended) thru reams of drivel to separate the wheat from the chaff.  Seems MV has abandoned his friend and former Gabcast co-host.  ???

trostol

Quote from: phrodo on December 29, 2015, 08:45:10 PM
Does anyone remember the good ole days back when we had an individual show thread each night for MiTD? Y'know -- way back before MV had a baby and got too busy to deal with his site?

Sure would be nice to have a concise, focused thread for each show -- instead of having to wade (pun intended) thru reams of drivel to separate the wheat from the chaff.  Seems MV has abandoned his friend and former Gabcast co-host.  ???

well...maybe but some others also have..vanished from the site

norland2424

Tue Dec 29 â€" Dr. Pamela Menges â€" When Climate Change & Nuclear Weapons Meet
Posted on December 29, 2015 in Guests | 785 Views | Leave a response

Dr. P. A. Menges is a mathematician, aerospace engineer and physicist with twenty years of experience in research, corporate operations and technology development. She is recognized for developing a new class of functional structures and non-photonic quantum computers with applications to spacecraft, morphing wing aircraft, adaptive wind turbines, propulsion, power storage and neuromorphic networks. Dr. Menges has been a consultant to defense contractors as well as a variety of small to medium high-tech companies. She has seven US and Foreign patents for renewable energy, power storage, IoT, and intelligent materials.

Dr. Menges is an author currently completing a space systems book for Springer and a science and technology policy book, Sometimes it Takes a Rocket Scientist Volume 1. Dr. Menges is a Fellow of the NASA Institute of Advanced Concepts (NIAC), a recipient of the Los Alamos Award, IWBC Senior Science Fellow, and senior development advisor for ALI Ohio. She is a senior member of the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA) and is a member of the American Physical Society, ASM International, and the American Polar Society. She is active in science and human rights and is a volunteer for American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) On-Call Scientists. Dr. Menges has a FAA Commercial pilot license and is an experienced test pilot and flight test engineer.

Jackstar

Sure would be nice to have a concise, focused [...] show

See, right there, I agree with you, I agree with what you wrote right there.

SredniVashtar

Are you going to a fancy dress New Year's Party this year? Let me guess, you are going as a fucking moron and thought you'd try the costume out here first? No, of course not, nobody would invite such a miserable slab of shit like you to anything.

As hopeless pricks like you never tire of informing us, this is called 'BellGab', not 'RookieGab'. She doesn't deserve a new thread each time, just as Hoagland only has one long thread too. They haven't earned it.

Sorry if that's too complicated for you. God, every time I think you can't get much dumber, you manage to outdo yourself as the biggest fucking chimptard out there.

TigerLily

"When Climate Change & Nuclear Weapons Meet"  If one doesn't scare you the other one should